Wes Brown

Oranges038

Shame.

Utd should help him out, hire him just to show AWB how to do proper slide tackles.

Dan_F

If you’re halving the value of your house to sell it, somethings gone wrong somewhere. Maybe it’s to do with the divorce. I don’t even know why I’m speculating, he seems like a good guy so I hope the club help him out and it all works out.

mu4c_20le

If you’re halving the value of your house to sell it, somethings gone wrong somewhere. Maybe it’s to do with the divorce. I don’t even know why I’m speculating, he seems like a good guy so I hope the club help him out and it all works out.
It's always a woman

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Thought it was weird when he did that interview with Ronaldo last year and asked him for a tenner at the end.

FriedClams

If I could ever have been a professional footballer with my childhood club, I'd negotiate a lifetime contract with them, 5 grand a week for the rest of my life. I wont ever be able to buy anything extravagant unless I save/invest properly and i'll always be secure.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If I could ever have been a professional footballer with my childhood club, I'd negotiate a lifetime contract with them, 5 grand a week for the rest of my life. I wont ever be able to buy anything extravagant unless I save/invest properly and i'll always be secure.
You need to count inflation. 5k today might worth half in another 10 years. Not to mention, your stock/investment return if you get in bulk now instead of by small amount. You buy a nice house/property now, in another 20 years you might double it.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Yep that's what Bellamy alluded to. He basically said he was told to trust people with his money and it all went tits up.
Honestly I find it a weak excuse.

You're a grown ass 40 year old millionaire. You can do a bit of due diligence to not blow all your money away. I think its just footballers who don't want to give up their crazy lifestyles after their playing career

shamans

Because they only earn loads of money for a short time, unless they "invest" it doesn't last, once you've driven a Bentley you ain't gonna drive a Civic or a Corolla
They can easily invest it by locking it up in 7-8% through a financial advisor. They just wanna get richer.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
They can easily invest it by locking it up in 7-8% through a financial advisor. They just wanna get richer.
Maybe he did that and got screwed, who knows, maybe he was with Bernie Madoff's cousin, or maybe he was just stupid

shamans

Maybe he did that and got screwed, who knows, maybe he was with Bernie Madoff's cousin, or maybe he was just stupid
Nah for small risks like that it's very, very unlikely you get screwed. That's when you're trying to chase after big money like some real estate development or something

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I hate it when old players thread gets bumped.

Makes me worried they fecked up something or are revealed to be assholes. It’s a ‘relief’ that Brown was only bankrupt and not something worse.