Wesley Sneijder

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoetbalWizard

Naa. People just dont drool over him like they do for Robben. Already commentators have been saying it is Robben who was the difference vs Brazil tonight.
flying wingers catch the general public's imagination 9/10 over a lad who keeps things ticking.

mind you, there's still 2 massive matches left to be played. If Sneijder scores in either one and the dutch win out, Sneijder will get it.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Hello wank stain, how are you today?
I've been appreciating a good football game without screaming and crying about a player we didn't sign.

I needn't ask how you are. I assume that every passing day we don't sign an exciting new player is very painful for you.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
A newbie just PMed me:

Everest Red said:
can you mention that the deal with inter was place ages ago, and ask a mod anyone who mocks fergie to be banned.........ok not the last part :)
I agree with the last part especially.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Sneijder tops Utd list

ALEX FERGUSON wants Holland's World Cup hero Wesley Sneijder to spearhead next season's bid for glory.
But it could cost Manchester United £35million to prise the Dutchman away from Inter Milan.
Fergie is desperate to find an attacking midfielder in the Paul Scholes mould.
And although the United boss does not have a huge transfer kitty he sees Sneijder as the ideal player to sit in the 'hole' behind striker Wayne Rooney.
Sneijder, 26, only moved to the San Siro from Real Madrid in a £13m switch a year ago.
The 5ft 7in star helped win Serie A, the Italian Cup and the Champions League under Jose Mourinho - and has now scored four goals to lead Holland's march to the World Cup semi-finals.
New Inter boss Rafa Benitez had a fierce rivalry with Fergie during his six years in charge at Liverpool.
But the Spaniard is determined to build his own side at Inter.
He knows unless he brings in his own men, any success will lead to cynics claiming it is still Mourinho's team.
Off-loading Sneijder would also put Benitez in pole position to raid Anfield to sign Javier Mascherano.

Read more: Wesley Sneijder tops Manchester United list | The Sun |Sport|Football
Man Utd target £25m Wesley Sneijder - Exclusive

Read more: Transfer news: Man United are tracking Wesley Sneijder from Inter Milan for £25m, and Rafa Beneitez is after Liverpool's Javier Mascherano and Lucas - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is plotting a £25million raid for Inter Milan’s Dutch ace Wesley Sneijder.

Ferguson has told his money men that the midfield maestro is the player he wants for next season to bring more goals and imagination to his engine room.

Sneijder has been one of the stars of the finals, with his goals and clever passing him taking his country to the semi-final clash with Uruguay today.

Fergie has been on his trail for weeks and began behind-the-scenes moves for the player who helped Inter win the Italian title and cup plus the Champions League after being discarded by Real Madrid.

The United chief sees Sneijder as the injection of class that his side needs after missing out on the big prizes at home and abroad last season.

And, with Jose Mourinho leaving and Benitez after his own men, Ferguson hopes that he may have a chance of landing the star - although it will cost him a small fortune.

United will pay big for Sneijder as he is just 26 and has a re-sale value, one of the demands that the Glazer family put on large cash signings.

The Americans have made funds available and chairman David Gill is ‘on the case’ to land the Dutchman.

Ferguson knows that he may have to replace the likes of Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs in the coming season and Sneijder’s acquisition would help overcome that major problem.

Sneijder could be tempted by the move to Old Trafford if the terms are right. It would take a bumper contract, but there is also scope for that within the United budget.

Ferguson is well aware that his squad needs an extra lift after falling short in the closing weeks.

Midfield was a disappointing area in some of the top matches and Sneijder has proved to be one of the best in the business.

Sneijder is waiting to see how Benitez’s regime pans out at Inter.

The former Liverpool boss is trying to recruit in midfield with Javier Maschernao and possibly Lucas Leiva in his sights.

If Sneijder does not like the direction that the club is going he could push harder for the United move - although the decision would have to be made in this window to let him qualify for the Champions League.
Clearly the same story appearing in such reputable papers means it must be true.

Devil may care

There are so many reasons this wont happen that I'm surprised even the sun are bothering making up a story.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If he wants to move on and they're getting Mascherano then it wouldn't surprise me if he left, however I don't see him coming to us.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
First Villa, now Sneijder. Next month it would probably be Messi....:lol:

Redrage

I doubt Inter would sell him but with genius rafa at helm anything is possible.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
First Villa, now Sneijder. Next month it would probably be Messi....:lol:
you do have to wonder, don't you.

Are United leaking 'interest' in players they have no chance in getting so when no one is signed come Sep 1st they can say - oh we tried to sign Villa, and Sniejder, and Messi and Fabregas and Torres so we obviously have money and the debt is obviously not a problem.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet

Are United leaking 'interest' in players they have no chance in getting so when no one is signed come Sep 1st they can say - oh we tried to sign Villa, and Sniejder, and Messi and Fabregas and Torres so we obviously have money and the debt is obviously not a problem.
No the interest in Villa was known months ago. Why everyones acting as if it's something new surprises me. His agent was whoring him all over Europe, the agent also said we were the only Prem team he would beinterested in going to so we probably did take a look. It's funny, if were linked with a player were going to buy it is happily rubbished but now when a bullshit rag links us it's another sign that Ferguson is lying and we have no money, instead of it being treated like bullshit anymore.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
We're a year too late for Sneijder. Shame.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
No the interest in Villa was known months ago. Why everyones acting as if it's something new surprises me. His agent was whoring him all over Europe, the agent also said we were the only Prem team he would beinterested in going to so we probably did take a look. It's funny, if were linked with a player were going to buy it is happily rubbished but now when a bullshit rag links us it's another sign that Ferguson is lying and we have no money, instead of it being treated like bullshit anymore.
But Fergie said Villa was 'always going to Barcelona' so we never actually had a chance of getting him, regardless of whether we 'took a look' or not. Any reported interest in him was pointless based on the fact we (United and the staff) knew there was never a chance of it happening.

Same with Sneijder imo - if United really thought he was good enough, and worth 25million, why on earth did we show no interest AT ALL in signing him for half that price 12 months ago, having already done a deal with Madrid that summer? It makes no sense at all.

Gambit

But Fergie said Villa was 'always going to Barcelona' so we never actually had a chance of getting him, regardless of whether we 'took a look' or not. Any reported interest in him was pointless based on the fact we (United and the staff) knew there was never a chance of it happening.

Same with Sneijder imo - if United really thought he was good enough, and worth 25million, why on earth did we show no interest AT ALL in signing him for half that price 12 months ago, having already done a deal with Madrid that summer? It makes no sense at all.
So for the first then it reads as, we would have liked him but he didn't want to come here, a bit like Benzema last year. That doesn't make it anything to do with the debt, Glazers or that Fergies a liar. There's no actual real link that were even interested in Sneijder, Ozil or any player at the moment. It's either a player saying he would like to play for us or pure paper speculation.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Whos to say we are in for them or were ever interested.
Well the Robben interest is obvious, not from last year mind but still. The Sneijder one is the classic "players does well at a world cup, link him with a big move".

Of course if the Sneijder interest is real then he'd be a brilliant signing but with Rafa at the helm i doubt we'll be doing any business with them.

Oh, and :lol: at the taking Lucas to Inter bit, if that happens he really does love Liverpool.

Gambit

Well the Robben interest is obvious, not from last year mind but still. The Sneijder one is the classic "players does well at a world cup, link him with a big move".

Of course if the Sneijder interest is real then he'd be a brilliant signing but with Rafa at the helm i doubt we'll be doing any business with them.

Oh, and :lol: at the taking Lucas to Inter bit, if that happens he really does love Liverpool.
The robben interest was over 6 years ago. We don't need him now. Who ever has a good game tonight lets see which team they're linked with.

Xander45

The robben interest was over 6 years ago. We don't need him now. Who ever has a good game tonight lets see which team they're linked with.
That's just me being pedantic.

I wouldn't be surprised if Steklenberg(?) is the next name linked with us from the Dutch squad.

For Uruguay Perez has been superb, surprised his name hasn't been banded about much.

Gambit

That's just me being pedantic.

I wouldn't be surprised if Steklenberg(?) is the next name linked with us from the Dutch squad.

For Uruguay Perez has been superb, surprised his name hasn't been banded about much.
Funny you should mention that, theres newspapers in the netherlands saying were in for him to replace VDS according to the web.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

If SAF uses Villa or Sneijder as excuses for not spending money then you're right.

wr8_utd

:'(
I'll never quite figure out why we din't go for either him or robben or higuain last summer. Real were so desperate they would have thrown in a player AND 80m upfront.

Gambit

If SAF uses Villa or Sneijder as excuses for not spending money then you're right.
Just a question, if say we don't sign anyone else this summer as Ferguson doesn't want to get anyone else then whats wrong with that?

Gambit

I'll never quite figure out why we din't go for either him or robben or higuain last summer. Real were so desperate they would have thrown in a player AND 80m upfront.
We didn't want them. Simple as, Ferguson wanted Valencia, Benzema, Obertan and Diouf instead. We only got Owen because Benzema fell through.

Xander45

Funny you should mention that, theres newspapers in the netherlands saying were in for him to replace VDS according to the web.
You see! It's piss easy this journalism lark, throw in some "senior figure" quotes from your mate Dave and you're away.

It's like they don't even try anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.