Wesley Sneijder

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
According to Bluemoon's ITK who has got few things right in the past, there is an Aguero agreement and now they're going after Sneijder now.

gaz1185

It's a long and difficult transfer which will take some time - however, it's far from over, I reckon.
It was never over, people just believe in the press, statements & damn twitter rumours too much. This isn't a rollercoaster transfer, it's just a steep mountain climb of a transfer that we're gradually getting to the top of. :devil:

032Devil

I'm sure someone might have asked this before but why would Sneijder be 'urged' to join United by all and sundry? Are there any dastardly schemes or motives behind this?

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
According to Bluemoon's ITK who has got few things right in the past, there is an Aguero agreement and now they're going after Sneijder now.
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he ends up at City. They've tried to gazump us on every one of our transfer targets since their sugar daddy took over and they'll be willing to pay whatever wages he wants.

Wes

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he ends up at City. They've tried to gazump us on every one of our transfer targets since their sugar daddy took over and they'll be willing to pay whatever wages he wants.
They've not been that successful in doing so though really have they?

As long as we never sell them anyone, we'll be alright against thon mob

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
They've not been that successful in doing so though really have they?

As long as we never sell them anyone, we'll be alright against thon mob
You never know which player we really intended to buy, but there is Silva, Balotelli, Nasri and Tevez to some extend where we were linked to.

As for Sneijder, looks like both sides made it clear what they want but are stuck now

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I suspect that City's supposed move for Sneijder is a ploy to make Nasri hand-in a transfer request.

Wes

You never know which player we really intended to buy, but there is Silva, Balotelli, Nasri and Tevez to some extend where we were linked to.

As for Sneijder, looks like both sides made it clear what they want but are stuck now
yeh, I think Pogue's on about the likes of Berbatov - Man Citeh making a last minute bid for the bloke

I'd be shocked if we were ever in for that lunatic Balotelli and well, Nasri's not gone to them as of now

I take yer point though, we may have at some stage launched a fifty-odd million bid for Wright-Phillips

KM

Or they'll buy both Nasri and Sneijder, just because they can.
It won't make sense for them actually. However you're right, they are Manchester City.

ultra

Read some funny thing on twitter that Peter Kenyon could assist in Sneijder moving to us, since his agency represents Yolanthe Sneijder and could get her a work in English TV.

Probably just some bullshit, but at least he owes us one or two things after fecking us over.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Right if the twitter posts are getting infracted, why are posts like these aren't?
Calm down kid, I am being serious. Considered that Hargreaves/Scholes are gone, Giggs is 38 and Fletch is injured, if we don't manage to bring in a new midfielder then we risk of ending understaffed in CM. Hence the wisdom of not selling a CM at this point in time

KM

Calm down kid, I am being serious. If Fletch is injured and we don't manage to bring in a new midfielder then we risk of ending understaffed in CM. Hence the wisdom of not selling a midfielder at this point in time
He would've gone to the US Trip if he wasn't being sold. Players like Obertan and Diouf have went there.

devilish

He would've gone to the US Trip if he wasn't being sold. Players like Obertan and Diouf have went there.
Maybe SAF thought that he got the cat in the bag when in fact it wasn't the case. It does happen every now and then. Obi Mikel is a perfect (but exxagerated) example for this.

I think that Gibson will not be sold unless we sign a new CM.

KM

Maybe SAF thought that he got the cat in the bag when in fact it wasn't the case. It does happen every now and then. Obi Mikel is a perfect example for this.
Obi Mikel was an exception rather than a rule. Gibson's failure to move so far is due to the reason that he hasn't agreed Personal terms with anyone yet.

Neutral

BTV
Maybe there is a reason why we havent yet sold Gibson.
I've been thinking this too. It looked certain that he would leave but he is still here and there is still no new midfielder, which I doubt is a coincidence.
I thought the papers had made it clear, the only reason Gibson wasn't sold as a part of the Brown + O'Shea package was Sunderland failed to come to personal terms with him.

Gibson wanted a fair bit more than Sunderland were willing to give.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Would that be the same Diouf who is reportedly the subject of a bid from Blackpool?

We've sold players who went on tour before (Veron) and we probably kept players who didn't go on tour.

We once accepted a bid for Solskjaer from Spurs only for the player (thankfully as it turned out) to stay and fight for his place.

devilish

Obi Mikel was an exception rather than a rule. Gibson's failure to move so far is due to the reason that he hasn't agreed Personal terms with anyone yet.
Exceptions do happen in football. Ramsey to Arsenal, Gazza to Spurs (we were in for him), Shearer to Newcastle. All players we thought that we were set to sign with us. I can mention you Serie A based examples too. Lentini to Milan (he was a whisker away from signing with Juventus), Pandev to Inter etc.

devilish

I thought the papers had made it clear, the only reason Gibson wasn't sold as a part of the Brown + O'Shea package was Sunderland failed to come to personal terms with him.

Gibson wanted a fair bit more than Sunderland were willing to give.
Papers tend to say alot of things and things move swiftly in football. I still remember SAF shouting at the media for criticizing Veron. Just few days later he was sold. Last season SAF said that Cleverley will not be loaned. Guess what? He ended at Wigan.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Well judging by Aguero's comments recently, it seems that he wants to go to Real and he's been saying as much for a while now.

Why would Sneijder join City when he's already earning a ridiculous amount at Inter? Given that City have come out and acknowledged the fact that they need to spend wisely now, in order to make th FFP cut and the fact that Mancini seems to be confident about Nasri being signed by the end of the month, I highly doubt they'll go after Sneijder.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
agreed, i think we could use this in our tranfer strategy. Annouce athat we after 6 players, non of whom we are intrested in, once Shitty got them we do some shopping ;)

KM

Well judging by Aguero's comments recently, it seems that he wants to go to Real and he's been saying as much for a while now.

Why would Sneijder join City when he's already earning a ridiculous amount at Inter? Given that City have come out and acknowledged the fact that they need to spend wisely now, in order to make th FFP cut and the fact that Mancini seems to be confident about Nasri being signed by the end of the month, I highly doubt they'll go after Sneijder.
Mancini didn't say he expect Nasri to join by the end of the month mate. He said that he is hopeful of Nasri joining them but conceded that it may be difficult.

Crustanoid

Read some funny thing on twitter that Peter Kenyon could assist in Sneijder moving to us, since his agency represents Yolanthe Sneijder and could get her a work in English TV.

Probably just some bullshit, but at least he owes us one or two things after fecking us over.
:lol::lol::lol:

Which basically seals the fact that he will now not be joining us

I expect to see him in a City shirt in the near future, along with all the rest of the targets we seemingly can't be arsed to sign

Devil_forever

Mancini didn't say he expect Nasri to join by the end of the month mate. He said that he is hopeful of Nasri joining them but conceded that it may be difficult.
:confused:I seem to remember him saying that he hopes to have the player by the end of the month. Also do you genuinely believe that anyone on bluemoon could be privy to the transfer plans of City? I bet the ones he got right were the ones that were rumoured in the press before hand. I am yet to see posts by a genuine ITK on any message board.

Devil_forever

:lol::lol::lol:

Which basically seals the fact that he will now not be joining us

I expect to see him in a City shirt in the near future, along with all the rest of the targets we seemingly can't be arsed to sign
Eh? Based on what exactly?

I'm getting out of this thread again, the spaculation reaches levels that are pathetic even by Caf levels.

KM

Such a shame we can't be arsed signing any of our targets. We'd be a much better side if only the powers that be were a little more arsed.
You're talking about Crustanoid here. One of the resident pessimist gimps of the Caf.

stand_free

Was he not the same ITK who claimed they were about to sign Kaka?

Status
Not open for further replies.