Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
"unless there's new information, it's pointless talking about it."

I switched my radio off.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
If we're signing a midfielder, it's gonna be a long, protracted process. Best just to let the club get on with it and not get frustrated.

wr8_utd

:'(
Neil Ashton saying United are thinking very carefully about the Sneijder deal and want it done by the Community Shield. Also, bizarrely, saying that @sneijder101010 earlier deleted a tweet which said his goodbyes to Italy.

Anyone's listening to Talkshite?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm pretty sure had Sneijder tweeting anything you of all people would of been all over it

MiamiSpartan

Answer me this. Why does the price we buy a player for effect you? If the club can afford it, I don't see the problem. Who are we to decide the value of a player and what we should and shouldn't pay?

Granted, you don't want to be paying 35M for Carroll, because well, he doesn't warrant that price. Although, from a Liverpool's fan perspective who cares? If they wanted the player and can afford that price in demand, why not.

The only reason I can think of for concern is bragging rights.It's that sense of achievement when a bargain buy like Hernandez takes the PL by storm whilst before that he was under the radar.

But in this case, if Inter want 35M and we can afford that sum of money, then we should buy him. A sum in the 20's would be better for the club but 10M isn't a huge price difference in the footballing world.
Seriously? Removing the debt from the equation, and assuming that all money in the transfer kitty stays in the transfer kitty, then if we pay less, then that's more money to use elsewhere, whether that be this year or next year or the year after.

Whether we can afford it or not is completely daft and pointless. I hope you're a millionaire with that attitude. Though if you are, you might not be for long. If you have 30,000 to spend on a car, do you spend the full 30,000 on a car that is only worth 20,000 simply because you can afford to?

What you're suggesting is exactly what I dread this club will become if we ever get a sugar daddy running the club post-Fergie. It's City, Chelsea, Real Madrid. Those clubs have no soul whatsoever. They are just whoremongers.

Kelvin

would be crazy if he end up at Citeh after all the hype surrouding his possible move to United...

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Interesting that United were training at Nike HQ today. ;)

dev1l

i read somewhere that according to the contract he signed with inter, if the italian club agree to sell him without sneijder making a transfer request, he is entitled to 7 million euros......no wonder he s saying that he s happy in milan.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
why is everyone getting there panties in a twist ?

i've been quite certain (90%) for a couple of months that we won't sign any quality central midfielder.

yes we could sign a young cm with great potential but he won't solve our immediate problem.

finneh

i've been quite certain (90%) for a couple of months that we won't sign any quality central midfielder.

yes we could sign a young cm with great potential but he won't solve our immediate problem.
Out of curiosity what even slightly available central midfielder would solve our immediate problem?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Out of curiosity what even slightly available central midfielder would solve our immediate problem?
there are quite a few...look around in the transfer forum. but we won't get them either since we can't compete with chelsea and city.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
So there is nothing concrete link with City and still people are getting worried. Sums most of the board up.

Sw33t

It's getting stupid now that every player we're linked with is 'going to city' a couple of weeks later....

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Well a Bluemoon ITK and the Metro said it. If that's not concrete information then I don't know what is.
:lol:

But ofcourse we aren't interested, even though Fergie has mentioned his name 3 times, every damn newspaper in Italy and England is saying so.

acnumber9

Other people may not agree with your views.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I like 4 EPL titles and 3 CL finals in 5 seasons.
Yepp I love seeing our club reaching the 3 CL finals and then get literally ridiculed in 2 of them. Our team is strong there is no one denying this but unless we sort CM then beating Barcelona will be down to pure luck.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
i just got a call from a gooner friend of mine. he said that there are reports on twitter suggesting that we bid 15 million pounds for wesley sneijder. anyone else heard that?

Status
Not open for further replies.