Kick-off
Mon, 2 January 2017 @ 5:15pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

izec

I know that most people don't like Fellaini, but does this guy ever get tired?
    It's as if he is always available to play and most fans dread his participation.
    If we had 1 game every day for a week, he'd be available to play all 7 of those games.
    Not when he starts throwing his elbows again.

Janson

I'm very pessimistic when it comes to United - even during Fergie's last few years, but, under José, I've been optimistic going into every match recently. Today though, with no Bailly, Shaw and Blind, meaning one of Rojo or Darmian at LB, I'm not confident at all. Hopefully we start all of our best attackers together and go for the "we'll score more goals than you" approach. :D
    Darmian seems to be first choice though, at least he was until a week ago. I would be more worried with Blind defensively.

Ixion

I know that most people don't like Fellaini, but does this guy ever get tired?
    It's as if he is always available to play and most fans dread his participation.
    If we had 1 game every day for a week, he'd be available to play all 7 of those games.
    Why would he be tired? How many games has he started in the past two months?

If you had made that post about Ibrahomvic that might make more sense!

peridigm

I've gone for back four or Valencia Jones Rojo Darmian but would not be surprised to see Valencia Jones Smalling Rojo.
    Carrick for Fellaini, rest unchanged.

Yagami

Good post resistant
    Darmian seems to be first choice though, at least he was until a week ago. I would be more worried with Blind defensively.
    I can see why you and others feel that way but, for me personally, I feel a lot more comfortable seeing Blind at LB than Darmian.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
    Staff
    Mike Dean gives a lot of penalties and we've only had one all season in our favour. I don't like it.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    He's not celebrating. You really think a ref would conciously do that?
    When the goal is scored the ref puts his arms in the air and runs half a length of the pitch, as if he is the person who has scored. I suspect that his actions were due to adrenalin, which you get when your team scores.

It's pretty obvious he was celebrating the goal.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
    When the goal is scored the ref puts his arms in the air and runs half a length of the pitch, as if he is the person who has scored. He run is so powerful, which most athletes would be proud of. Adrenalin would explain this. The sort of adrenalin rush you get when your team scores?

It's not ffs. If you believe a professional referee has ran off celebrating a goal in front of millions of people watching around the world you are absolutely crazy. Don't be so bloody stupid.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
    It's not ffs. If you believe a professional referee has ran off celebrating a goal in front of millions of people watching around the world you are absolutely crazy. Don't be so bloody stupid.
    What about the fist pump near the centre circle?

Kaos

You can be sure that Payet and Randolph will be having the games of their lives, and we'll probably get the customary 2-3 shocking decisions against us.

Still, after the buzz of the Boro game I expect us to win.

Janson

When the goal is scored the ref puts his arms in the air and runs half a length of the pitch, as if he is the person who has scored. He run is so powerful, which most athletes would be proud of. Adrenalin would explain this. The sort of adrenalin rush you get when your team scores?

He put his arms up to show advantage and I don't see him running a certain way.

Do you think he would be still allowed to keep his job if it was so obvious?

Summit

He put his arms up to show advantage and I don't see him running a certain way.

Do you think he would be still allowed to keep his job if it was so obvious?
    What about the fist pump near the centre circle?
    ??

Also, advantage for what? Something that happened outside the box? If so why raise his arms just before the strike?

Gatti33

Why are people saying Herrera won't play? Have I missed something?
    The amount of running he does in a game, I don't think he can handle 2 games like that within 48 hours. Against Palace, zlatan had to go into midfield as he couldn't run anymore and against Sunderland he was brought off.

Anyway, I have a feeling that we'll see schweinsteiger today. Maybe not starting but definitely at some point in the game.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
    Going to be a difficult match. Players will be tired as hell. Predicting a draw.

Janson

??

Also, advantage for what? Something that happened outside the box? If so why raise his arms just before the strike?
    Haven't seen that but i'm sure it can be explained somehow.

The advantage was for the holding before he scored.

Summit

Haven't seen that but i'm sure it can be explained somehow.

The advantage was for the holding before he scored.
    Nah sorry I don't buy it. There was no advantage to be given before he scored though...otherwise what are you saying? Mike dean would have given a penalty?

Watch the whole video, there are other incidents of him doing things he shouldn't. One against United too.

Bepi

Supports
    Juventus
    On paper and current form it should be 1-2 but I can see West Ham putting out a bold performance and get a point. 1-1 to me.

Janson

Nah sorry I don't buy it. There was no advantage to be given before he scored though...otherwise what are you saying? Mike dean would have given a penalty?

Watch the whole video, there are other incidents of him doing things he shouldn't. One against United too.
    I'm not sure it was holding but you can see a struggle between the players before the penalty box.

I know it looks that way, I have seen another video posted in his thread I think where it was discussed extensively and the consensus was that he wasn't celebrating.

The reason I don't believe it is because no ref can be so stupid to risk losing their job over something like that.

Bepi

Supports
    Juventus
    Referee celebrating? You are mad, my friends: he is giving advantage and going back to the middle of the pitch without interrupting his own flow. :)

Summit

I'm not sure it was holding but you can see a struggle between the players before the penalty box.

I know it looks that way, I have seen another video posted in his thread I think where it was discussed extensively and the consensus was that he wasn't celebrating.

The reason I don't believe it is because no ref can be so stupid to risk losing their job over something like that.
    Exactly! Then why not raise your hands then when it was outside the box, rather than raising them in just before the striker shot which seemed like he then was anticipating a goal.

Anyway, yeah we'll leave it here mate. ;)

NYAS

:lol: No one really believes Mike Dean is celebrating that goal, right?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
    Supports
    Big Days
    Referee celebrating? You are mad, my friends: he is giving advantage and going back to the middle of the pitch without interrupting his own flow. :)
    He's just an effervescent Jasper Carrott doppelgänger wanker.

Janson

Exactly! Then why not raise your hands then when it was outside the box, rather than raising them in just before the striker shot which seemed like he then was anticipating a goal.

Anyway, yeah we'll leave it here mate. ;)
    We can analyse this all day, but it's still inconceivable to me that he would do that. But yeah, I agree, let's leave it at that.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    Early team news
    Another team has leaked with half an hour until official confirmation.

Suggestions of four changes, with Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo restored to the centre of defence, while Matteo Darmian is set to deputise for Daley Blind at left back.

Carrick to return at the expense of Fellaini.

Unconfirmed of course, but would make sense - other than left back that is essentially the strongest XI available to Mourinho, and there is nearly a week to recover before Reading arrive for the FA Cup.

Tarrou

Early team news

Suggestions of four changes, with Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo restored to the centre of defence, while Matteo Darmian is set to deputise for Daley Blind at left back.

Unconfirmed of course, but would make sense - other than left back that is essentially the strongest XI available to Mourinho, and there is nearly a week to recover before Reading arrive for the FA Cup.
    I'd be quite happy if that was the case. Really want to see Carrick/Herrera/Pogba behind Martial/Miki/Ibra

Devil may care

Early team news

This would be perfect.

Starting line-ups

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    TEAM NEWS FOR UNITED
    Jose Mourinho has made five changes to his starting XI for this match, with Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo, Matteo Darmian, Michael Carrick and Jesse Lingard all coming back into the team. Here is the squad in full...

SirScholes

This is a massive game for us with results as they stand, need to take every chance to close the gap.
    Expecting a scrappy game with both teams being shagged from the last 7 days.
    Hopefully payet fecks off with his free kicks

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 603 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win