Kick-off
Sat, 23 December 2023 @ 12:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

FerociousCorgis

id def bring bruno in for mctominay and not for mainoo. The one other change id prob go with would be reguilon for shaw, just because shaw has just come back from a pretty serious injury and we are running him right back into the ground and will just cause another injury. Other than that id just keep most of the rest the same.

I fully expect though mainoo to be the one to sit, we go back to amrabat by himself getting swamped, and have absolutely no control of the midfield yet again.

IncyWincySpider

It's quite a few days away, plenty of time for us to pick up some more injuries. Varane had a good game yesterday so don't be surprised if he breaks his leg in training.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
    Are we celebrating if we get a draw?
    Of course, in 5 games so far this month we have won one, lost 3 and drawn one. Conceded 6 and have scored 2. Haven't scored in 4 of those 5 games.

We haven't won a game against a top 9 club so far this season and an away game against a top 9 club since the Hagster became our manager (Poor guy has been managing us against many hardships). So, a draw at West Ham is a brilliant result, and imo, another reason to give the Hagman a 3 year contract extension at double his salary.

Dr Foo

Assuming Antony Garnacho Hojlund is our established front 3 now with a lot of endeavour - where are the goals going to come from regardless of opposition? Bruno I guess. And hoping McTominay gets dropped and we stick to Mainoo Amrabat double pivot

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
    All we need is for Mainoo and Amrabat to play in midfield with Bruno and McT to get the much deserved place on the bench

Will Ten Hag be able to admit this simple truth that any United fan can see clearly? Or will he continue to wash our season down the drain due to his stubborn biases, McT the Savior being the latest of those?

Beyond this we also need to play the best CB we have - Varane and players to not down the tools. It would also be super helpful if our wingers start fecking assisting our striker. Not much to ask.

We can beat West Ham, for feck's sake, as long as our players and manager stop sabotaging the team

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
    All we need is for Mainoo and Amrabat to play in midfield with Bruno and McT to get the much deserved place on the bench

Will Ten Hag be able to admit this simple truth that any United fan can see clearly? Or will he continue to wash our season down the drain due to his stubborn biases, McT the Savior being the latest of those?

Beyond this we also need to play the best CB we have - Varane and players to not down the tools. It would also be super helpful if our wingers start fecking assisting our striker. Not much to ask.

We can beat West Ham, for feck's sake, as long as our players and manager stop sabotaging the team
    If only you were the manager mate as clearly it's that easy. We'd be pissing the league.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
    If only you were the manager mate as clearly it's that easy. We'd be pissing the league.
    Not sure whats the point of posts like these. Might as well shut down the forum as none of us are professional managers or players.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Assuming Antony Garnacho Hojlund is our established front 3 now with a lot of endeavour - where are the goals going to come from regardless of opposition? Bruno I guess. And hoping McTominay gets dropped and we stick to Mainoo Amrabat double pivot
    But but we drew 0-0 against Liverpool. Honestly there is no goal threat, someone really needs to start hitting form in front of goal.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
    Only reason we've got a chance in this is because West Ham play Wednesday night so they might be tired. I'd take most of their XI over ours.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Staff
    They’re away at Liverpool at 8pm on Weds for a quarter final before playing us in the 12:30am Sat game. Feels harsh for them but we have zero excuses not to have more in the tank for that game. A poor performance here will be damning.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
    Not sure whats the point of posts like these. Might as well shut down the forum as none of us are professional managers or players.
    Giving your own opinion sure mate - stating with fact that the manager does not know what he is doing yet you do = nonsense.

Red00012

Taking out international breaks when did we last have a full 7 days break from one game to the next ?
    We nearly managed it this week

astracrazy

Onana

AWB
    Evans
    Varane
    Shaw

Amrabat
    Mainoo

Antony
    Bruno
    Garnacho

Højlund

There’s you’re team!
    I think I'd prefer Mount over Amrabat - as crazy as it sounds. At least Mount could unlock the defence and can pass the ball.

Probably going to be McT and Amrabat though isn't it.....

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
    Taking out international breaks when did we last have a full 7 days break from one game to the next ?
    We nearly managed it this week
    Before Arsenal in September.

We have one league game in January and out of Europe so the "we play too many games" brigade can start licking their lips.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
    Stevenage
    After Anfield, if we go to West Ham with 2 of the 3 midfielders being Scott & Bruno, I'll genuinely be tipping on the Ten Hag scales for the first time, I don't think the managers the problem but if he plays two midfielders away in the premier league against a top 10 side without the 2 holding midfielders, he's clearly learning nothing.

It absolutely has to be 2 deep midfielders from Casemiro, Amrabat, Mainoo or Hannibal, I would even drop Bruno but I don't mind if he does start, I'd go with:

Onana
    AWB Varane Evans Shaw
    Mainoo Amrabat
    Antony Bruno Garnacho
    Hojlund

Lyng

I think we looked more dangerous when Rashford came on. We should not start the McT - Bruno combo anymore after how good our midfiel was against Liverpool.

Onana
    Dalot - Varane - Evans - Shaw
    Mainoo - Amrabat
    Antony - Bruno - Rashford
    Højlund
    Sub in Diallo for Antony after 60 minutes.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    Only reason we've got a chance in this is because West Ham play Wednesday night so they might be tired. I'd take most of their XI over ours.
    Amazing how last season we managed what would have been maybe their best season of all time, and we’re sitting above them in the league this season despite huge injuries, yet you would take most of their XI over ours? What’s that about?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
    Amazing how last season we managed what would have been maybe their best season of all time, and we’re sitting above them in the league this season despite huge injuries, yet you would take most of their XI over ours? What’s that about?
    On this week's lineups, yes. We're a point ahead, behind if we lose. Hardly conclusive evidence that we're better.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
    There is absolutely no way he sits McTominay for Bruno. It will be either Mainoo or Amrabat that makes way and we'll see the lone DM midfield get torn to shreds.

Anfield was a crystal clear lesson on what the team in its current state can do if set up more reasonably to compensate for our shortcomings. Hope the right lessons were taken but not holding my breath

Oranges038

Of course, in 5 games so far this month we have won one, lost 3 and drawn one. Conceded 6 and have scored 2. Haven't scored in 4 of those 5 games.

We haven't won a game against a top 9 club so far this season and an away game against a top 9 club since the Hagster became our manager (Poor guy has been managing us against many hardships). So, a draw at West Ham is a brilliant result, and imo, another reason to give the Hagman a 3 year contract extension at double his salary.
    Started off with top 4, then it went to 6, now we're down to 9th.

Another pointless statistic.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
    West Ham play a quarter final of League Cup againt Pool at Anfield tomorrow, so they may play some starters and have less fresh legs on Saturday, which might help when they are used to apply a high tempo and a physical test.

They have a pretty decent midfield, where we are usually depleted and leave Amrabat alone, so it will be difficult.

To be honest, i would say that we might have an edge on our central defense, to pass the ball and on our wings to attack Coufal and Emerson, but I am afraid that with our current form, it will be hard to get even a point.

----------------------------------------------------Onana---------------------------------------------------
    Wan Bissaka----------------------Evans-----------Varane-------------------------------Shaw
    ----------------------------------------------------Amrabat------------------------------------------------
    Antony------------------------------------------Bruno------------------------------------Garnacho
    --------------------------------Mc Tominay----------Hojlund-----------------------------------------

Toshey

Supports
    Levski Sofia
    We should be fresh for this game.
    Get Rashford in ahead of Garnacho.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
    Come on, man. That is such lazy comment

I am not a master chef but I can easily tell a well-prepared food from a mediocre one. I don't make wine, but I can tell great wine from a cheap one.

Being able to tell what Ten Hag stubbornly has a problem with and being United manager are two completely different things. And besides, if your point is that - none of us are top managers and should say nothing about the managers or players, then what's the point of this forum, anyway? Should nobody have opinions about players, as well, since nobody here has played in EPL?

Borninthe80ts

Do we have a list of players who might be back for the game? Didn’t see anything on injuries thread…

DJBillRemfry

Supports
    West Ham United
    Tonight's League Cup results make this a very secondary fixture for us.

We'll go full strength and full pelt at Liverpool. We outplayed them for 45 at Anfield in the league, and whilst they got the better of us eventually we're in with a strong shout if they pick any kind of weakened XI which we expect them to because they play Arsenal at the weekend.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 193 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw