West Ham vs. Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timdbro

Fellaini fouled twice in a row, should have had a pen...ref gives nothing

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Good win and performance. Some nice fluid football in the first half, efficient in the second.

Defence was very good, Carrick particularly impressive. Thought Fellaini had a very good game as well. Kagawa looked bright, hope he's given a run of games now...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
good win, away record has been pretty good however poor the overall season has been.

pauldyson1uk

Good solid away win today , nothing special, The good Rooney and that stunning goal, Kagawa,Mata the bad Fallini and Young . West Ham were not good and did not really pressure us that much, I wish Moyes would know how to make good subs, his timing and choices are dreadful.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
There were more goals there but you can't complain when we actually win.

Hopefully we can stifle City rather than bend over now.

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
Well that was really comfortable for us. I think i now want to see Mata behind Rooney as our first choice pair. Some of the intricate little passes between those two and Kagawa were great. The back 4 and Fletcher and Fellaini provided a solid base for the front 4 to counter off. I'm very pleased but also a bit wary as it was only West Ham.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Good performance this. For the most part looked more comfortable in the second half and controlled the game. Dealt with West Ham's lump it towards the big lumps tactics. Fellani I thought was good, dropping to cover the defence from the big lumps and then getting forward as well. The Mata, Kagawa, Rooney grouping looked good as well. Them dropping deep to get the ball and keep it moving, before creating space and moving forward. It was really nice to watch. Hopefully this isn't another false dawn, and we don't return to utter crap in our next game

prateik

Fletch deserves a mention. I'm delighted for him. Thought his career was done

MarcRed96

Good win. Very good first half but the second half was a bit disappointing. Still, glad to get the three points even if they don't mean much at the moment.

The Red Thinker

Sad thing is Moyes loves Young and ignores Kagawa! Pathetic really
Well, I'm pretty sure he's off in the summer, Young I mean. The only reason he's played is that he does good defensive work and covers a whole lot more ground. With Rafael, you need that guy on the right to track back and help him.

No way will Young stay. He's still good value for money in the transfer window. He's get us a cool £10m

DevilRed

Wonder goal by Rooney today and that was the difference. Really encouraged by fellaini who is starting to settle in the side and gain confidence. Great to see fletcher back and he was solid as can be in midfield. Interesting to see kagawa, mata and Rooney link up. As expected we easily kept the ball and actually showed some pace on the counter. Big test coming up midweek with cited visiting. Hopefully we can do them as I'd much rather see chelski win it all.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Great game all around. We were defensively sound, they didn't really have any chances despite our patched up defence. Fletcher and fellaini did well in the middle, mata, kagawa and Rooney linked up brilliantly and made loads of chances throughout. Only the first time they've played together too. Put welbeck in for young and that's a great team IMO.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Good game, we were very solid. But I think a lot of it was down to WH being extremely direct and hoofy. Have they tried anything other than lumping it to Carroll? Pathetic.

The Red Thinker

Good three points. Some nice attacking in first half, shit second where we just cruised.
Lol I'd like to think that we were quite good in the second. Just didn't take our chances very well and what's more, we controlled the game and held possession quite well. Over 400 passes with 85% pass completion against a physical team. I'd say that's a job well done.

The Red Thinker

Wonder goal by Rooney today and that was the difference. Really encouraged by fellaini who is starting to settle in the side and gain confidence. Great to see fletcher back and he was solid as can be in midfield. Interesting to see kagawa, mata and Rooney link up. As expected we easily kept the ball and actually showed some pace on the counter. Big test coming up midweek with cited visiting. Hopefully we can do them as I'd much rather see chelski win it all.
I tried saying that about Fellaini in the noobs and I got massacred! Good to know I'm not the only one noticing an improved all around game.

Smores

A relief to see us with some good passing in the first and controlled in the second

stu_1992

Decent win, bit of non-event in the second half though. We looked dangerous on the counter until West Ham sat back. The front players certainly looked promising. The defence as I said at HT was surprisingly solid, hopefully we get a proper centre-back or 2 back in time for City as I don't think they'll be so forgiving. Once again great goal for Rooney, another one for collection of a few over the years.

DevilRed

I tried saying that about Fellaini in the noobs and I got massacred! Good to know I'm not the only one noticing an improved all around game.
Was always going to take some time for him to settle in. Injuries did not help the transition either.

Good to see him go from box to box. Been a long time since I've seen a united midfielder truly do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.