WEuros 2022 | England v Germany - it c*me h*me

Lightbringer

Germany being careful with Schüller after covid, thats the opposite strategy of many other teams!

RedDevilQuebecois

In any case, we are due for quite a rivalry match in the semifinals. Whether that's France or Holland, it will be quite a battle against Germany.

Lyricist

This ref has been a disaster
She was absolutely horrible.

But what a game. I feel for the Austrian goalkeeper, horrible mistake that.
Austria should hold their heads up high though, they played very well and had a real fighting mentality about them.

MUW4Eva

After Sweden v Belgium, the tournament really starts, as the "lesser" sides will have been eliminated.

France v Netherlands
England v Sweden
Germany v France/Netherlands
England/Sweden v Germany/France/Netherlands

These matches are all very hard to call.

MUW4Eva

Presumably everyone is thinking that tonight's game will be a walkover for Sweden??

RedDevilQuebecois

Presumably everyone is thinking that tonight's game will be a walkover for Sweden??
Unless Belgium is a team of destiny (like Canada was at the Tokyo Olympics), the Swedish Women's Team usually do not choke against lesser opponents with such a gap in talent.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Sweden XI: Lindahl, Nilden, Eriksson, Sembrant, Ilestedt, Bjorn, Asllani, Angeldahl, Rolfo, Blackstenius, Rytting Kaneryd.
V
Belgium XI:Evrard, Philtjens, De Neve, Kees, Deloose, Minnaert, Vanhaevermaet, Biesmans, Wullaert, De Caigny, Cayman.

On the face of it, Belgium have no chance. Sweden are missing a couple of players due to covid and injuries, but they are the top ranked team in the tournament.

Belgium? Hmmm, well the phrase most commonly used is "well organised" - but that got them a win against Italy in the group stage.

A-man

Sweden making so many chances, but not converting them yet. Still just looks like a question of time though. Belgium need to get their acts together sharpish.
Sweden playing really well atm and the way I want United to play :) high press, winning back the ball early and shifting positions all the time.

Nick7

Looked offside initially, but on replay it didn’t. Must have been very tight.

RedDevilQuebecois

I swear that introducing semi-automated offside technology here would have been a great test to call offsides faster before the big show in Qatar.

Lightbringer

Swedens captain Caroline Seger is injured, and sweden is better because of that, they are more dynamic and have better pace without her, her injury have been a blessing in disguise.

Lightbringer

Belgium needs subs, they are dead tired in the legs now, they are doomed without subs.

RedDevilQuebecois

Belgium needs subs, they are dead tired in the legs now, they are doomed without subs.
I'm just baffled by how hesitant so many managers are nowadays when it comes to making subs when the need is just obvious.

edit: Well, Deloose goes off and is replaced by Dhont.

MUW4Eva

Well this isn't the best of watches.....

So far England have nothing to worry about either sides.....

Lightbringer

I'm just baffled by how hesitant so many managers are nowadays when it comes to making subs when the need is just obvious.
Indeed, what are Belgium going to do with fancy names that cant run anymore? I mean, number 9 in the team cant run, she just wants to stand still :-) Legs are gone.

I would sub 3 or 4 players for them.

Gordon S

Not a great watch when Belgium are defending with 11 players in the box for large spells. Sweden need something special to break through this wall. Hopefully Sweden have done pens in training

Lightbringer

Belgium playing out from their GK, haha.They are dead tired and almost lost the ball. Stupid!

MUW4Eva

Well nothing to write home about in this game, Belgium look knackered, and Sweden look out of ideas...

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
If Belgium somehow qualify here it would be incredible for England. England would wipe the floor with them