WFA Cup FINAL | United v Chelsea - 2:30 - Sun 14 May

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Oh my goodness!

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Such a disappointment after a very good half. Hard to say if Chelsea deserved it but we didn’t either with the second half showing, unfortunately.

Not sure what else we could’ve done really, in terms of changes. Our starters have been trusted this season and they’ve delivered. Easy to say why didn’t you sub player X on or why didn’t you make that change earlier etc. All in hindsight and doesn’t guarantee anything would go any different.

To me we didn’t lose because of team selection or subs. We were simply shit the second half. Very poor. No sub would’ve changed that. It’s also a sign of courage to keep players on despite them being poor. It’s about the trust those players have earned throughout the season.

A huge success this season for us. It’s not often a first time finalist wins it. You need these experiences to learn and develop.

Congrats to Chelsea anyway, they keep on winning these trophies for a reason.

Sylar

Unlucky to the women. Did well to get to the final. Not scoring in the first half ultimately was it

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Congrats to a great effort from our ladies.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Disappointing. We never really looked like we were going to get back into it after conceding. Shame as felt we were the better team up to that point

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Not surprised that Chelsea got done in Europe. They seem to play like this in all big games

Vanrouge

Well done, United, for making the final and going toe-to-toe with Chelsea. This women's team has risen to the top incredibly fast.

spiriticon

Chelsea aren't actually that good but they do have an aura which is difficult to break

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The worst kind of analysis is this Chelsea experience bla bla shit. Yeah Leah Galton missed that chance because Chelsea are experienced or Ladd made that mistake because Chelsea are winners ? Bullshit

Lightbringer

Well done, United, for making the final and going toe-to-toe with Chelsea. This women's team has risen to the top incredibly fast.
Especially catching up to City and Chelsea who only got to where they are because of Abramavich and state funding. Would be great if these 2 sh1t clubs could be knocked off their throne.

RedDevilQuebecois

Especially catching up to City and Chelsea who only got to where they are because of Abramavich and state funding. Would be great if these 2 sh1t clubs could be knocked off their throne.
With the Boehly effect contaminating the men's team, I was hoping the same would happen to the women's team.

top1whoisman

Scout
The worst kind of analysis is this Chelsea experience bla bla shit. Yeah Leah Galton missed that chance because Chelsea are experienced or Ladd made that mistake because Chelsea are winners ? Bullshit
Ffs. Bullshit is what your comment is made of.

Experience or lack thereof manifests itself in many ways. How you manage a game, how you defend as a team, how you preserve energy, how you waste time, how you kill momentum.

You know there’s more to a football game than finishing your chances.

top1whoisman

Scout
This Chelsea team is horrible to watch but they find a way to win more often than not.

RORY65

The team has obviously got terrific results and the quality of football has improved but I still don't get Skinner at all. His 1st change is always to take the right winger off after an hour, regardless of how the game is going or how they're playing (Parris was a threat and both players on their left hand side had got booked early in the 2nd half), and then if there's anything more to do it's just random shit.

The weakest area of our team is the midfield so when they went to basically 4-4-2 when Harder came on why did he move Toone out of the middle to the right and put Williams up front to match them? Surely that was a chance to actually have a numerical advantage in there. Some of our key players didn't play well and that's on them but I just thought the changes took all momentum and shape out of our game, the last half hour was just aimless hoofing with a huge gap between the defence and attack and nothing in between.

On the positive side I thought today showed that we have significantly closed the gap to Chelsea, we were good in the first half and maybe if individuals had been a bit sharper we would have created more from the positions we got into or been more clinical with the chances created.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Ffs. Bullshit is what your comment is made of.

Experience or lack thereof manifests itself in many ways. How you manage a game, how you defend as a team, how you preserve energy, how you waste time, how you kill momentum.

You know there’s more to a football game than finishing your chances.
So Chelsea use their experience to let United dominate for 45-60 minutes? It’s lazy stuff talking about cliches like this. Chelsea
Won because the scored from one of the few chances they had while we didn’t

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Such a disappointment after a very good half. Hard to say if Chelsea deserved it but we didn’t either with the second half showing, unfortunately.

Not sure what else we could’ve done really, in terms of changes. Our starters have been trusted this season and they’ve delivered. Easy to say why didn’t you sub player X on or why didn’t you make that change earlier etc. All in hindsight and doesn’t guarantee anything would go any different.

To me we didn’t lose because of team selection or subs. We were simply shit the second half. Very poor. No sub would’ve changed that. It’s also a sign of courage to keep players on despite them being poor. It’s about the trust those players have earned throughout the season.

A huge success this season for us. It’s not often a first time finalist wins it. You need these experiences to learn and develop.

Congrats to Chelsea anyway, they keep on winning these trophies for a reason.
Yeah, we faded a lot the second half and Harder transformed them when she came on. Once they got the goal the match was pretty much over - heads dropped a bit and Chelsea had that experience of closing games out.

What our club has done the past five years is incredible, going from nothing to a Champions League side. We just need to build on this, and I hope we can persuade Russo and Batlle to continue but things don't look good on that front.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
l
Not surprised that Chelsea got done in Europe. They seem to play like this in all big games
In the second half of the season, it’s been a huge struggle against any half decent team. We soundly beat teams like PSG, Real Madrid and City earlier in the season.

Anyway, commiserations to you all. I thought we were there for the taking but once Harder came on, it was a different performance from us.

United have impressed me a lot this season.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The team has obviously got terrific results and the quality of football has improved but I still don't get Skinner at all. His 1st change is always to take the right winger off after an hour, regardless of how the game is going or how they're playing (Parris was a threat and both players on their left hand side had got booked early in the 2nd half), and then if there's anything more to do it's just random shit.

The weakest area of our team is the midfield so when they went to basically 4-4-2 when Harder came on why did he move Toone out of the middle to the right and put Williams up front to match them? Surely that was a chance to actually have a numerical advantage in there. Some of our key players didn't play well and that's on them but I just thought the changes took all momentum and shape out of our game, the last half hour was just aimless hoofing with a huge gap between the defence and attack and nothing in between.

On the positive side I thought today showed that we have significantly closed the gap to Chelsea, we were good in the first half and maybe if individuals had been a bit sharper we would have created more from the positions we got into or been more clinical with the chances created.
Yup this is what I was thinking. When they got the great chance that Harder missed my first thought was that well they are playing 2 up top now so we should have a lot of space in midfield. Also parris was doing a great job of pushing the ball from midfield to attack. As soon as she went off we couldn’t get the ball forward at all . That sub made zero sense

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
l

In the second half of the season, it’s been a huge struggle against any half decent team. We soundly beat teams like PSG, Real Madrid and City earlier in the season.

Anyway, commiserations to you all. I thought we were there for the taking but once Harder came on, it was a different performance from us.

United have impressed me a lot this season.
Yeah I got a bit carried away there . Chelsea are still a top team and the best in England for sure . Congrats to them

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
So who do you think will improve our side even more? CL football will atttract players to us surely. We have to be braver in the wages department.