What’s your favorite United game?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
that you watched live? In tv or in stadium....

Mine was Arsenal 8-2 and Roma 7-1.

What’s yours?

The sense of sheer bliss that you get from such a dominating performance is something I missed recently.

May the glory times return.

Web of Bissaka

The comeback wins - the attitude, hunger and aggression of our players then. So good to watch. Ecstasy.

Attack, Attack, Attack!

EDIT: :lol: Ronaldo's tantrum on the bench wanting to play. Damn, Rooney used to be so rapid.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
That 7-1 was pretty damn good.

Shout out to Juanfield though. Can't think of the last time we played that well at Anfield.

peridigm

Spurs comeback has to be in there.

Edit: The one we won obviously.

manutddjw

The 2-4 versus Arsenal. Game had everything. One of the things I think is missing from football is the proper hatred and this game and our rivalry with Arsenal had it. Not only that but the football was outstanding.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
United 3-0 Barcelona 1984. We were 2-0 down after first leg and came back to win 3-0 at OT. Bryan Robson was brilliant.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Man, we've been spoiled?

99 CL will obviously stand out, not just because of the dramatic nature of the win, but (for me and maybe my generation), it was the Holy Grail in the same way 68 was for my Dad/his lot.

91 v Barca, 90 v Palace (the 3-3), the 90 semi v Oldham (3-3 on the same day Palace come back to beat Liverpool 4-3.... my favourite ever non United game), etc....

But I'd choose the 85 F A Cup semi finals against Liverpool, both end to end classics, the footballing equivalent of Rocky v Creed fights. The first game at Everton was bedlam inside/outside and the atmosphere was "raw" with a great game. The replay was excellent too (night at Maine Road, when City had a proper football ground) and included Robsons great long range strike, Hughes winner and Robson being mobbed at the end.

Great write up in the Guardian which looked back on the games and captures the spine tingling nature of the games...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/t...a-cup-semi-finals-liverpool-manchester-united

"This was football as nature intended, a relentlessly attacking slugfest played by proper men in front of proper men, in an atmosphere that, 26 years on, effortlessly shivers the spine."

And I went to the final. :)

Utd08R

The 2-1 win over Arsenal at OT in 2008. Locked up the Premier League and a few weeks later we were Champions League winners.

Beagle

The 2-4 versus Arsenal. Game had everything. One of the things I think is missing from football is the proper hatred and this game and our rivalry with Arsenal had it. Not only that but the football was outstanding.
That win was more satisfying to watch than the 8-2.

Wittmann45

2006-07 had a lot of memorable games, even beyond the 7-1 Roma game

I remember the 5-1 against Fulham on the opening day in 2006-07 was really special. After an entire summer of speculation about how awful the team was going to be and how they would outside the top four, and "where are the goals going to come from?", that game was just the perfect response right out the gate. Also, the reverse fixture, where United won 2-1, was great too. That goal by Ronaldo at the end was legenday

The 1-0 game against Liverpool from that season too, where O'Shea score the winner. That was one of the most undeserved victories I have ever witnessed, and it was incredible. I remember VdS' save from Crouch as much as the O'Shea winner

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
For me two games I enjoyed most were against City at the Etihad, 2012-13 and 2017-18. That RVP free kick and silencing the crowd who thought they would be champions by beating us.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
It has to be a the last game of 2005-06 season. Paul Scholes was missing half of the season because of an eye injury; he made his come back at half time in this game and it was like he was not even missing from the team for a few months. I particularly remember a moment where two consecutive backbeels from Saha and Rossi, and then Scholes with a through ball to Kieran Richardson who's shot was saved. Richardson was MoM in the match too.

BigRon1985

Soooooooooooo many to chose from but it has to be be the 1977 FA cup final especially after the disappointment of the previous year. Stopping the enemy winning the Treble was pure ecstasy! I remember The Doc dancing with lid of the trophy on his head......:lol:

Reactions: langster

scoi

The comeback wins - the attitude, hunger and aggression of our players then. So good to watch. Ecstasy.

Attack, Attack, Attack!

EDIT: :lol: Ronaldo's tantrum on the bench wanting to play. Damn, Rooney used to be so rapid.
What is more impressive from that Everton win is the team that was playing. O'Shea and Brown as CB pairing, Smith keeping Ronaldo on the bench. Richardson and Eagles as subs. Goes to show that superstars in every position is not required.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
99 FA cup semi vs Arse, the game had everything.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Was that the one with OShea chipping the keeper? That was a fantastic match and a fantastic goal to finish them off.

Apart from the 99 final which I wasn’t enjoying until the last 5 mins, the 99 FA cup semi had it all, the Roma 7-1, the arsenal 8-2 and I loved the rumbelows cup match away at arsenal when sharpe scored a hat-trick. ECWC final beating Barca 2-1 as well had it all from the goals to les sealey going bonkers because he was injured and didn’t want to come off

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

By no means a showcase of defending from either team but this game was just unbelievable. One of the last sweet victories in our desperate rearguard action against a rising oil-funded City before they became our equals and currently our betters.

Looking back I tend to remember moments; goals, saves, sendings off etc. rather than full games but I can recall this one as though it happened yesterday. The plunges in my stomach when Foster fecked up for the first City goal or Rio inexplicably teed Bellamy up for 3-3, Fletch scoring 2 (two) headers (headers!) and honestly feeling like I'd never breathe unaided again after Martin Petrov drove it across our box at 3-2. As for the ending; the underwhelming signing of a former scouser paying off in the 97th minute of a derby in which City had proved themselves our near-equals, it defies logic and description.

The whole point of watching football is to have even a chance of experiencing matches like that, and I would literally crawl over broken glass to have those kind of days back again soon.

4-3 vs City. Had it all really.
Aye

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Man Utd 5 Tottenham 2.
From utter despair that we were throwing the league away to a marvelous second half.
4-2 vs Arsenal is also right up there.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
2006-07 had a lot of memorable games, even beyond the 7-1 Roma game

I remember the 5-1 against Fulham on the opening day in 2006-07 was really special. After an entire summer of speculation about how awful the team was going to be and how they would outside the top four, and "where are the goals going to come from?", that game was just the perfect response right out the gate. Also, the reverse fixture, where United won 2-1, was great too. That goal by Ronaldo at the end was legenday

The 1-0 game against Liverpool from that season too, where O'Shea score the winner. That was one of the most undeserved victories I have ever witnessed, and it was incredible. I remember VdS' save from Crouch as much as the O'Shea winner
Still my favourite season despite us being more successful the year after. Some absolute classics in Europe with Roma and Milan at home, the latter gets forgotten as we went out in the return leg.

To answer the OP, I would have to go for a game that I attended at OT so it is one of
City Home 2009 (4-3)
City Home 2010 (3-1 League Cup)
Villa Home 2009 (3-2)
Blackburn Home 2007 (4-1)

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

No doubt in my mind. Brilliant game, it really had everything.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
The couple of Arsenal thrashings, Roma, The games where we used to put a good few past Newcastle, Millwall FA Cup final, Chelsea 4-0 FA Cup final, Cantona's comeback against Liverpool, 4-2 Arsenal, O'Shea going in goal against Spurs, Porto 4-0, 98-99 games against Barcelona and Juventus

wc18

Champions league 1997 vs Juventus (3-2)
My first game at Old Trafford.... Will never forget it. Del Piero scored before the whole stadium had sat down lol. Just a phenomenal atmosphere. Schmeichel said it was probably the best he'd experienced at OT. Had me hooked instantly like a dope fiend

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
The United vs Madrid at Old Trafford (4-3) was a great game with a lot or great moments, although the wrong outcome takes away from that a bit.

99 CL final was obviously amazing for the outcome and the last few mins but we were bad for long stretches in that game.

The 3-2 vs City at the Etihad, when RvP scored late on from a free kick thanks to Nasri being scared of the ball. That was a great game.

In terms of emotion, the second half against city at the emptihad last season was up there too.

marktan

The 08 final.. was 13 years old and shitting it the whole time. Can't imagine what Chelsea fans must've felt like after that.

Jacko21

Manchester United vs CFR Cluj in the CL in December 2012. We lost 1-0, it was freezing cold and we were horrific.

Ohh...favourite. Has to be Roma 7-1.

The feeling in the stadium was unreal. Everyone acknowledged that they were witnessing something extraordinary. Whatever SAF said to them before that game...

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The 1-0 smash and grab at Anfield with O'Shea's last minute winner. Scholes sent off, Rooney subbed off injured, pummeled by them Scouse all game and yet we steal the points in the last minute. There was no way we were not gonna win the league after that.

Also the 5-2 win against Spurs. That was Rooney and Ronaldo at their absolute best, just ripped apart Spurs in the 2nd half.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Champions league 1997 vs Juventus (3-2)
My first game at Old Trafford.... Will never forget it. Del Piero scored before the whole stadium had sat down lol. Just a phenomenal atmosphere. Schmeichel said it was probably the best he'd experienced at OT. Had me hooked instantly like a dope fiend
That game was amazing and the two 3-3 all games with Barca were epic.

Also shout out for the 6-2 away to Newcastle in 2003 with the brilliant Scholes hattrick. Crucial win late in the reason in a run of tough games.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
United 3-0 Barcelona 1984. We were 2-0 down after first leg and came back to win 3-0 at OT. Bryan Robson was brilliant.
Just made it yesterday. What a game! I envy those who were at the Old Trafford that evening.

ReddyMcRedface

Favourite game altogether was the 4-2 at Highbury - there wasn't actually that much riding on the game as we were both being battered by Chelsea in the title race.

But it was pretty much the last clash of the true United/Arsenal rivalry. Think I'm right in saying that Keane and Vieira never played against each other again?

It was just a thoroughly enthralling game of football; the likes of which I can't even imagine seeing from the current United side.

Favourite game that I've actually been at is a hard one to choose. As an outside choice of one that sticks in my memory is a game that we actually lost. The 3-2 home defeat to Tottenham in Ferguson's last season was amazing to watch. United were truly dreadful in the first half, but the second half was one of the most one-sided periods of football I've ever seen - or at least it felt like it.

Somehow we still only drew the second half 1-1 but I'll never understand how. Was probably the last true masterclass in possession football that Scholesy ever handed out as well.

Reactions: harms