What are the positives at Manchester United?

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
There is a lot of negativity going on. People want results and feel like there is need for a change. It’s normal for a football club, We have high expectations and it’s a world class club. There were even times on here where we had threads calling for the sacking of SAF.

But what do you feel are the positives around the club right now?

I understand many feel like they have to dig deep, some will say they can’s see anything positive. There will be the sarcastic ones with their bullshit replies. But the positives are there and I would like it if you could post the things around Manchester United that make you love our club. That make you proud.

If you were in the dressing room and could say one sentence to lift the spirit of our players, what would you say?

dove

There are worse clubs than us in the league.

Mickson

Our academy is working very well right now, we are bringing up players to the first team and also developing good players around the leagues.

United58

Lots of financial focus is being put on our academy - Hannibal's fee could rise to £10m, signed as a 16 year old

AaronRedDevil

Not really. Bailly, Sanchez to come back. Matic. Jones. Young. We've not got rid of any real deadwood except Darmian.
True, I never really consider defenders to be deadwood. They are just there to defend and replace the better defenders if they are injured. Its the midfield and forwards that have influence in the match. Young and baily can still do there job well even if they are not the best. Matic, jones and Sanchez however need to get out. Especially Matic.

Last edited:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
- the Academy is system is doing well with several homegrown players already integrated into the full squad

- The 3 players signed this summer have all fitted in well, hopefully shows the club have learned from past mistakes in the transfer market

- The club have a long term plan to get back to success

pacifictheme

Our academy is working very well right now, we are bringing up players to the first team and also developing good players around the leagues.
Is it? I look at gomes, greenwood, chong and gardner and think no other top club would have them starting. Not because united are some special case but because our first team squad is so shite and threadbare we need them. I'm not saying greenwood hasn't got a lot of potential, but hes not ready yet. None of the rest are even close.

Look at chelsea. Rlc, abraham and mount all went out on loan and really benefitted from it. They came back ready. Hudson-odoi is clearly just a special talent who forced his way in early, hes better than anything we have.

All 4 of those players are better than our youngsters. Ours are in the first team squad because there is no one else. Gomes and chong should be on loan.

Andersons Dietician

The woman’s team that was formed just over a year ago has already established itself as a player in the top league and have beaten Pool and Man City recently.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
We have tons of money and a decent crop of kids coming through. That's about it for now.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Money focused on the academy is surely a good thing.

Strelok

Honestly no at the moment.

Probably only thing I can consider as positive is I don't have to see Fellani, Lukaku or Sanchez playing for us anymore. It was killing me.

But I still have to watch Rojo, Matic, Mata, Jones, Pereira and Lingard. That just undoes the above.

Nikelesh Reddy

There is a lot of negativity going on. People want results and feel like there is need for a change. It’s normal for a football club, We have high expectations and it’s a world class club. There were even times on here where we had threads calling for the sacking of SAF.

But what do you feel are the positives around the club right now?

I understand many feel like they have to dig deep, some will say they can’s see anything positive. There will be the sarcastic ones with their bullshit replies. But the positives are there and I would like it if you could post the things around Manchester United that make you love our club. That make you proud.

If you were in the dressing room and could say one sentence to lift the spirit of our players, what would you say?
The positives are that we didn’t make more stupid signings in the last transfer window.Wan Bissaka,James and Maguire are all good signings for the club,so the fact that we didn’t make more mistakes in the transfer window is a positive for me.
Apart from this,I can’t think of any more positives....We are in a pathetic situation right now..l

izec

Youth is doing fine, we have still a lot of money, club is overall still huge, we have a decent set of defenders (need another LB, because Shaw is average attacking wise and injury prone).

themanguydude

It will be a close fight but I believe we have enough quality to escape relegation.

fps

Changing the culture, better signings, a manager I actually like to see in the dugout for the first time since Ferguson because he has a vision of what he wants for the club which shows he understands the club and it’s supporters, a nagging feeling that our first 11 can get top four as long as 10 of them are fit at any one time... yeah plenty really.

M Bison

Supports
York City
We’re still comfortably the biggest football club in England (possibly the world) despite years of mediocrity.

We’ll get back to the top, will take time and disappointment along the way, but we’ll get there.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
That our draw with Liverpool could stop them winning the league and we stopped them for their consecutive wins record.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Youth is doing fine, we have still a lot of money, club is overall still huge, we have a decent set of defenders (need another LB, because Shaw is average attacking wise and injury prone).
A big positive for me is Williams. He's only played a few games but the lad looks fearless. I don't think we have to look too far for a new LB.

Fosu-Mens

The Glazers might want to sell if the new EPL deal does not increase in value and we miss out of Europe. As long as we are not sold to the House of Saud, this would be positive.

Dr. StrangeHate

Leicester City and Chelsea look to be getting their act together. In a few years we can cheer Manchester City, Leicester City and Chelsea to win the title instead of Liverpool.

dove

I'm not even sure that's true.

One club, maybe. Watford. The rest are debatable right now.
Southampton are hardly setting the world alight (even though of course one of the very few teams that struggled against them is unsurprisingly us) but yeah, there is not much between all these relegation fodders and us.

Todd

-I like what I'm seeing from our new players thus far, and I think they all have the potential to be good players for United for years to come

-The home kit is mint, best one Adidas has made so far

That's about it, boys

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Things can’t get much worse.

we have a genuinely talented young crop coming up. The likes of Williams, tuanzebe, garner, Gomes, Greenwood all have a great chance to cement themselves in the first team.

We’ve also got levitt, Chong and Laird who are pushing very close also.

how many other top clubs can say that? we’ve done a great job with this crop.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
The signings are good.

The youngsters are playing.

Players no longer needed have gone.

Wage bill is down.

Players slowly getting back from injury.

We will batter Norwich today.