Music What are we listening to?

roseguy64

Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon for the first time and through headphones at that. Amazing.

LoveInTheAsylum

this week i 'ave been mostly listening to:
not a massive silkworm fan, but i recently watched the couldn't you wait documentary. recommended if you ever get the chance, it gave what felt like a good impression of what it can mean to be in a band.
there's also a great article (if you stick with it) with steve albini & band member tim midyett discussing the doc. and more.
the article also linked to this great nina nastasia video i'd never seen:
also a song from the new polvo out the 1st october:
not convincing enough to think about getting it. might have mentioned before, but if you like playing 90's rock tracks on guitar, slackerVK's youtube channel is a great reference tool:

King_Eric

What do you think of their new song written with Mike Mangini?
Haven't listened to it yet. I'm waiting for the whole album to come out and prefer not to listen to isolated songs in advanced. Especially for Dream Theater albums.

I heard the new album is mostly Mangini's work, so I'm both curious and anxious. I'm expecting an album that is a bit heavier than the previous album(s).

Although I like their slower stuff as well, I miss the metal element in their music.

What did you think of it?

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Haven't listened to it yet. I'm waiting for the whole album to come out and prefer not to listen to isolated songs in advanced. Especially for Dream Theater albums.

I heard the new album is mostly Mangini's work, so I'm both curious and anxious. I'm expecting an album that is a bit heavier than the previous album(s).

Although I like their slower stuff as well, I miss the metal element in their music.

What did you think of it?
I didn't really like it. I've listened to a lot of Annihilator and Extreme and that music has a completely different feel. More thrashy and powerful. DT is more of a dynamic in all parts type of band. If you listen to Octavarium through to ADToE they just keep getting heavier and heavier and the mixing gets thicker and thicker.

I am the opposite. I don't like the metal aspect at all. I wish they'd just do a nice airy prog rock album again. Big powerful tones and less fighting for frequency. But hopefully the whole album is good. Mangini is my idol and I was absolutely stoked that he got the call-up. He's phenomenal but his power will put a completely different aspect on the band than when they had Mike Portnoy.

Oh shit, too much talk not enough song.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Deafheaven - Dream House

Lykke Li - Youth Knows No Pain

Deerhunter - Monomania

The Decemberist - Down by the Water

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I haven't been in here in a while, but in the name of feck! I used to think you were alright too.

1 - Sugar Man

2/The Talking Heads - This Must Be the Place

The Talking Heads - This Must Be the Place

:lol: I'm a country fan. And you need to do /spoiler and not spoiler/ otherwise it fecks your post up. I had to edit your post when I quoted it so it didn't put my reply in a spoiler.

JohnLocke

:lol: I'm a country fan. And you need to do /spoiler and not spoiler/ otherwise it fecks your post up. I had to edit your post when I quoted it so it didn't put my reply in a spoiler.
I had to edit it to get it that perfect, or shit, the first time. I remember you did some other country muck and thought you were just jesting.

I didn't know diamond ear rings and country went hand in hand! :lol:

Why can't we just have our spoiler tags back!?