Music What are we listening to?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
They are still so awesome. His voice at that age is absolutely amazing, last year at Glastonbury they shone...ridiculous that was the first time they have played there.

I can't find the video in the 5 seconds I could be bothered to look but The Last Dinner Party have recently done This Town justice on Jo Whiley's show. A lot of their sound is Sparks influenced, especially the keytar stuff, it's great just how much they still influence. A true underrated act if ever there was one.
Ex Lover is Dead?

Ole'sgunnarwin

Someone posted a video of Slowdive a while ago. Got addicted and started listening to more Shoegaze. Some absolutely belters on here, great music to listen to before going to sleep.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Since they are German I've made it a habit to attend a concert of theirs once a year. They don't reinvent the wheel, but they know how to deliver a live performance and youtube doesn't do it justice.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Swear I've posted this at least 4 times over the years on this thread. One of the best mixes/mashups ever, keep returning to it!

Last edited:

Chipper

Adulterer.
I remember listening to Sunset 102, Manchester radio station in the early 90s when I was growing up. Dj Leaky Fresh on a Thurdsay night. Would stay up late at night listening to his show, not making it to school often on the next day!

So much better than Kriss Kross who made it big at the same time as a teenage rap group,. From Philly, with an Onyx/Naughty by Nature influence.

Random video from the same time period with the same East coast feel.

Last edited:

Chipper

Adulterer.
Complete change of note. How I genuinley feel these days :( I'm a sad person and I really want to feel love. People here know me from banging a married woman at work, I was chasing things. It is what it is. Let's all laugh at Chipper. :lol: I miss that place, not for the obvious, but all the people there in general. I was happy and fecked things up. My dad died at around the same time, was so close to him and I was left with nothing. Loved that man so much, he was everything to me.

Miss you so much.

Sums up a lot. I miss you dad, I always will, so fecking much. I'm struggling right now but I'll find a way if not for myself but for you, I promise you that. Love you always.

Crying my eyes out now, anyone got some good mental health hookups? :lol:

He meant so much to me, genuinely my hero. Not sure I can cope without him on this planet. I know I have to try, and that's what he'd have wanted but it's so so difficult. Hanging in there just about. I'd give anything for 10 seconds with you. God, and you know I don't even believe in god, anything good in my life, any happy memories just for a few more seconds with you. I'll always love you dad. No idea about the future, just hope I see you one day.

Last edited:

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Complete change of note. How I genuinley feel these days :( I'm a sad person and I really want to feel love. People here know me from banging a married woman at work, I was chasing things. It is what it is. Let's all laugh at Chipper. :lol: I miss that place, not for the obvious, but all the people there in general. I was happy and fecked things up. My dad died at around the same time, was so close to him and I was left with nothing. Loved that man so much, he was everything to me.

Miss you so much.

Sums up a lot. I miss you dad, I always will. I'm struggling right now but I'll find a way if not for myself but for you, I promise you that. Love you always.

Crying my eyes out now, anyone got some good mental health hookups? :lol:

He meant so much to me, genuinely my hero. Not sure I can cope without him on this planet. I know I have to try, and that's what he'd have wanted but it's so so difficult. Hanging in there just about.
So sorry for your loss Chipper. We show we care in strange ways here on the Cafe. No matter what we say about each other we all would put that aside when one of us needs help. I'm sure I speak for a lot of folks in here when I say when things get serious we genuinely care. We'll offer whatever support we can. You're never alone once you're here.

Chipper

Adulterer.
So sorry for your loss Chipper. We show we care in strange ways here on the Cafe. No matter what we say about each other we all would put that aside when one of us needs help. I'm sure I speak for a lot of folks in here when I say when things get serious we genuinely care. We'll offer whatever support we can. You're never alone once you're here.
Thanks, I know that nobody means any harm to me. I actually find things funny if people bring that up. It's just that I pulled an all-nighter tonight drinking. It's something I've found myself doing every week or two lately. I shouldn't do this strictly speaking, or even casually speaking. At the same time it is thearpeutic in a way, helps me unbottle things, and to think about things that I normally wouldn't.

Last night/this morning was just one of those days. Got no regrets about what I posted because it is real, how I'm feeling about my dad. At the same time I know this place isn't a therapy centre substitute or similar.

Thanks though. Genuine thanks, mean that.

Think I should get some sleep soon. Have a good 'un!

Chipper

Adulterer.
Random-arsed post. Always had him to turn to no matter how many mistakes I made in life and I've made a lot. Should never have had to rely on someone as much but he was a great person, full of wisdom and guidance. Even told him about you know what and he disapproved big time.It's been difficult moving on even though he's been gone 6 months and I'm by no means young myself, I'm middle-aged. Will always miss that man.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Thanks, I know that nobody means any harm to me. I actually find things funny if people bring that up. It's just that I pulled an all-nighter tonight drinking. It's something I've found myself doing every week or two lately. I shouldn't do this strictly speaking, or even casually speaking. At the same time it is thearpeutic in a way, helps me unbottle things, and to think about things that I normally wouldn't.

Last night/this morning was just one of those days. Got no regrets about what I posted because it is real, how I'm feeling about my dad. At the same time I know this place isn't a therapy centre substitute or similar.

Thanks though. Genuine thanks, mean that.

Think I should get some sleep soon. Have a good 'un!
We've all came here to vent at some point and there's no shame in that. Sometimes all you need is an outlet. Surprisingly, the Cafe can offer good advice. :)
Random-arsed post. Always had him to turn to no matter how many mistakes I made in life and I've made a lot. Should never have had to rely on someone as much but he was a great person, full of wisdom and guidance. Even told him about you know what and he disapproved big time.It's been difficult moving on even though he's been gone 6 months and I'm by no means young myself, I'm middle-aged. Will always miss that man.
My parents are my world and I wish that I'm half the parent they are. I can't imagine what it feels like to lose one. Just remember him the best you can and the good things he did for you.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The Zutons just returned with a new album. It's pretty good, my two favourites from it.

Chipper

Adulterer.
@Scarlett Dracarys this is a bit random. I was really hurting the other night when I posted stuff on this thread and you replied. To be fair, I was totally off my head and I was saying the kind of things that would instictively repulse most people from replying yet you did. 4 bottles of wine + a bottle of gin deep was the status of play with me. I've been struggling a lot the last 6 months or so. I realise the stuff I was posting the other night would often scare people off, make people think "what the feck's he on about?" yet here you were replying, trying to boost me a little.

Just want to thank you for that. You kept me going a tiny bit. You helped me :)

Little bit that way tonight too but nowhere near what I was then, I'm gonna be ok. That's 100% certain. I don't know, just wanted to say thanks again! Genuniely you helped me out in one of my darkest hours. I will be ok. Thank you, much love. No need to reply, 'cause I appreciate this is weird too, just wanted to express that thanks.

Last edited:

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
@Scarlett Dracarys this is a bit random. I was really hurting the other night when I posted stuff on this thread and you replied. To be fair, I was totally off my head and I was saying the kind of things that would instictively repulse most people from replying yet you did. 4 bottles of wine + a bottle of gin deep was the status of play. I've been struggling a lot the last 6 months or so. I realise the stuff I was posting the other night would often scare people off, make people think "what the feck's he on about?" yet here you were replying.

Just want to thank you for that. You kept me going a little bit. You helped me :)

Tried PM'ing you, but I think I think it was blocked. Don't blame you tbh!

Little bit that way tonight too but nowhere near what I was then, I'm gonna be ok. That's 100% certain. I don't know, just wanted to say thanks! Genuniely you helped me out in one of my darkest hours. I will be ok. Thanks again, much love.
You're welcome and I'm glad I was able to help. I'm don't scare easily and that could be good or bad. I've always been good at listening and giving advice but it isn't always good advice so I guess it was just your lucky night. :)
I don't think I have anything blocked but I've had that issue too. Something iffy happens with PMs and Damien mentioned a workaround if it happens but I don't remember what it is.
You're going through a process and we all cope differently. Important thing that you're going to get through it. Slow progress is better than no progress and just keep doing what you need to.