What are you excited about for next season?

0161_UNITED

Jaysus, some of the posts in here, and the state of some of you lot. I look forward to signings that improve the quality of the squad, that directly links to improvement on the pitch and better football and better results, that ultimately sees us challenging for the biggest trophies in English and European football. In other words, the same thing I’ve looked forward to every year since I fell in love with this club.

OldSchoolManc

I’m excited about the right signings coming in to finish the pieces in the Mourinho machine. We will then click as a rock solid team that are devastating on the counter and every team will fear playing us.
Also looking forward to the moaners having to accept that we were on the right track all along.

togg

Well, I'm looking forward to the break, to be honest. Although we have improved statistically, for me it's been a bit of a deflating season and I've ended up being pretty uninspired about next season. However, come late July, having hopefully seen some new additions arrive at the club, I'll get that surge of optimism and look forward to going through it all again.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm looking forward to my posts being quoted from years ago and people saying "feck he was right afterall"
If you want to get an idea of what it’s like, search my name and see all the people quoting me. It wears off after the 600th time.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The narratives made by Mourinho/those who defend him. They genuinely amaze me when they’re first made. Such inventiveness.

OldSchoolManc

If you want to get an idea of what it’s like, search my name and see all the people quoting me. It wears off after the 600th time.
I’m sure you religiously clicked on every single notification.

SirAF

Ageist
The narratives made by Mourinho/those who defend him. They genuinely amaze me when they’re first made. Such inventiveness.
Like the best league position since Ferguson and potentially winning a third trophy in two seasons?

The White Pele

Full-backs that give us proper width and can cross. I feel like Jose will address that this summer as it’s the missing piece of the jigsaw IMO.

At the moment teams can defend narrow against us because they know Valencia doesn’t have the technique to bend a cross in and Young will mostly cut onto his right.

If teams have to start worrying about the early cross into the box then their full backs will have to change their starting positions and this will create more openings through the middle for the likes of Pogba.

It would really make us a threat from all angles: Pace through the middle from Lukaku, pace running from out to in in the form of Lingard/Rashford and hopefully Martial, threat from wide areas with Lukaku being a real handful in the air and Pogba hopefully getting into the box more like he did at the Etihad.

Lawman

I'm looking forward to my posts being quoted from years ago and people saying "feck he was right afterall"
That rarely happens in here buddy. You say your honest opinion (can be far out granted for me anyway) and the masses give you pelters as they don’t agree. Yet say in the case of Tom Cleverley I said I didn’t see it in him he’s just not brave enough on the ball. Yet I got slated and a few were actually comparing him to Iniesta (you know who you are) and saying I was x y z for not seeing it. You see these guys are not going to bring that back up.
I’ve had this again with Darmain Rojo Herrera Mata Blind and Lingard. It’s nothing personal I just don’t think they are good enough going forward in time. I always hope I’m wrong (especially with homegrown and academy players) and sometimes I am and that’s good in my book also.

Lawman

Full-backs that give us proper width and can cross. I feel like Jose will address that this summer as it’s the missing piece of the jigsaw IMO.

At the moment teams can defend narrow against us because they know Valencia doesn’t have the technique to bend a cross in and Young will mostly cut onto his right.

If teams have to start worrying about the early cross into the box then their full backs will have to change their starting positions and this will create more openings through the middle for the likes of Pogba.

It would really make us a threat from all angles: Pace through the middle from Lukaku, pace running from out to in in the form of Lingard/Rashford and hopefully Martial, threat from wide areas with Lukaku being a real handful in the air and Pogba hopefully getting into the box more like he did at the Etihad.
Whilst I fully agree we need the right attacker sorted as well. Mata or Lingard are poor in this position and it’s very obvious. Mahrez Bale Willian and or Draxler (Dream signing for me due to his play making and intelligence but I’d play him in beside Matic and Pogba he’d be our KDB equivalent. Plus he can dribble as he’s deadly one on ones).
Add Draxler to our squad and say one of Bale Mahrez or Willian and a left back ie Sandro/Tierney (depends budget for right back as we have numbers even if lacking quality. But that would be a massive jump in quality and balancing our squad and team.

But that would cost us around £200m so if we are loosing Martial (contract issues) that could bring it down to around (£150m plus sales of our other players like Darmain Blind Shaw etc) then we could probably entice Madrid to swap for Bale or push the unrealistic boat out and get Dembele with Martial and cash although I find the Barca rumours to be a bit far fetched regarding Dembele for the off. But if you don’t buy a ticket...

So all that money spent and we’d still need another centre forward, a right back, a centre back and a midfielder. Just shows how well Jose has managed this major rehaulage of this squad. And that’s mostly on LVG and to a lesser extend Moyes and even Fergie gets a touch of the blame also for me.

Lukakusfirsttouch

I’m excited to see us sell:
Mata ( too slow hinders our attack always cuts in side, the reason why we are frustrating to watch half the time)
Lukaku (fraud of a footballer big battle ram not much else, scores against small teams but will never be a Utd striker for me) (Ruud, ole, Rooney, Hernandez, RVP..)
Fellaini ( makes us revert back to Stone Age football turns us into stoke, reason we lost against seville)

I’m excited to see us buy:
A RW who can take on a man- Mahrez type
A proper CF get rid of the donkey lukaku.
Maybe try Martial up front.
A CM who has a footballing brain

I’m excited to see pogba get his head out the clouds and focus on football and not his social media account

Im excited to see if Marcus Rashford can find a brain from somewhere and not run round like a headless chicken.

I’m excited to see us in the CL next season.

I’m excited to hopefully see Liverpool crumble in the final and Ronaldo score 3 headed goals at the back post vs Trent AA

Bestietom

I am interested to see if we bring in players for the areas we are weak in.

I don't want to see marquee players brought in for the sake of pleasing some fans.

We need a balanced side and players that will give 120% every game.

Bestietom

I am interested to see if we bring in players for the areas we are weak in.

I don't want to see marquee players brought in for the sake of pleasing some fans.

We need a balanced side and players that will give 120% every game.
Finally I would like to see Mourinho change his tactics and Play the United way always.

Vanya

Some good signings and a fresh start . I'm already looking forward to it!

Don't understand all the depressive statements and the complaining. We've improved a lot since Moyes and Van Gaal and are definitely heading in the right direction

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
You know his Chelsea teams out scored us in 4 out of his 5 seasons? 5 out of 6 if you count his final one.

If you count across leagues his Inter team outscored us in 2008/09. Not his second season

His Real Madrid team comparatively outscored us in every season and nearly doubled our tally in one.

So basically his teams have got less than us a whole twice? Dour football indeed.

His record this season in the league is 1.81gpg, that compares to 1.85gpg under Fergie. We gonna pretend thats a significant difference?
didn't say anything about scoring goals.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
:lol: thats your chosen argument. Mourinho is still usually dreadful whilst his teams outscores us? Interesting take on football
my take on football is like it to be free flowing exciting an attacking. Mourinho is a safety first manager whose philosophy is sit back and wait for you opponent to make a mistake, and yes sometimes they make a lot of mistakes and his teams score a lot of goals, other time they don't and you just end up watching his team park the bus for 90 mins.
I like a manager who goes out and takes the game to the opponent this isn't Mourinho.

fellaini's barber

I want the Jose who said 'we don't lose at the Bridge' before a game against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge while managing Inter, I want that Jose back, not this bitter fecker we have right now

Smores

my take on football is like it to be free flowing exciting an attacking. Mourinho is a safety first manager whose philosophy is sit back and wait for you opponent to make a mistake, and yes sometimes they make a lot of mistakes and his teams score a lot of goals, other time they don't and you just end up watching his team park the bus for 90 mins.
I like a manager who goes out and takes the game to the opponent this isn't Mourinho.
Well as I've just shown you that 'sometimes' clearly isn't very often if his teams outscored us so consistently. Either that or he achieves insane efficiency.

We do need to be more free flowing at times but your argument is basically that our goal scoring is fine but you wish it was from more attempts over 90 minutes? With a bit more flair?

Always interesting to look at the stats for some objectivity, which are worse but not a huge amount. Under Sir Alex: 15 shots pg with 7 on target pg, under Jose this season 13.5 shots per game with 4.5 on target. Basically, roughly same number of attempts but not enough going on target.

I think our football is only dreadful in the context of our neighbours and a romanticised memory of our play. We were not always free-flowing even if that should always be the aim

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Our best finish since sir alex, our most goals since sir alex and this is the shit people come out with. Pathetic bunch of fans
It’s almost as if different people can prioritize and value different things. I’ve been watching United for over thirty years. Through good, great and bad times. I know what matters to me, thanks very much.

Now run along and finish yourself off over the most goals and points since Sir Alex.

ash_86

Im excited by what Kieran McKenna could do for us if he's #2. It could change the way we play , which is exactly the concern for many here. Sincerely hoping now it happens.

Fitchett

This - agree with you entirely.

Web of Bissaka

Tbh, not feeling excited atm, more on to just enjoying the ride.
  • Who stays and who goes and who gets promoted and who will be signed in.
  • Will we finally clicks into top gear until the end? :smirk: Finally consistent exciting attacking football?
  • Players progression/improvement - Who shall improve next?
  • Which players will surprise us again?
---

A lot more of these please... and a better counter attacks. Tempo and mentality really needs to be stepped up.

Oscie

I'm anxious over what our back-line will look like, in particular the full-backs. Hopefully Jose will either bite the bullet and finally give Shaw the opportunity to claim a place or at least buy two new full backs. Worst scenario of all if we're continuing to make-do with Young and pretending Valencia is anything other than 'alright' at top level.

Bestietom

I would be excited if we could sign a new "Keano" for midfield.

A leader with plenty of drive that will lift the team, and take no nonsense from those who are not shaping up.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
At the moment nothing, some fans are creating a toxic environment with their negativity and criticism of the manager and while some of it is just if the current abuse is coming from a season where we finish 2nd I dread to think how bad it may get next season if we do worse than 2nd
Indeed.
But this place is always negative, regardless of how well we do.
2nd place is a great step towards us getting back to the top and hopefully, we will finish top of the league, next season.

Hed Zitin

I doubt the new assistant will change our style, Jose's the boss, but I cling to a glimmer of hope he might improve something.

The new players signed. We'll improve massively if we sort the right side of the team out.

Sanchez and Rashford play to their potential.

superdry

touched by a genius
Buying a player who can be relied on to put in a really good performance "every week".

Oaencha

I’m not 100% happy with how things are going but this thread is an embarrassment. I wonder how many of you lot are actually Utd fans as you seem hellbent on creating a miserable, toxic atmosphere on the Caf.