What are you excited about for next season?

iKeano

From seeing the 5-at-the-back line-up pre-game yesterday which confirmed the complete inevitability of a scoreless bore-fest, it got me thinking what the fans are looking forward to this transfer window and next season?

While José begs the completely useless Belgian to stay, he continually marginalises other players, doling out random and bizarre contradictory excuses (Bailly not going to the world cup etc etc).

Around this time of the year, I usually look forward to the transfer window, but this year I just wonder where - if bought - José would play any impact player. We might be seeing off Martial for the as-of-yet ineffective 29 year old Sanchez, yet holding on to 30 year old Fellaini. This promotes the prospect of another year of horrible football with the odd flash in the pan result.

Would any star player want to come to Utd now, looking at how they play, how they're treated?

Going 5 at the back away to West Ham was an insult to the 'football heritage' José piped on about earlier in the season. To be so defensive against a team like that is shameful. In doing so, he gift wrapped Citeah the record of biggest points gap. You can rest assured that Fergie would have had 5 attacking players on and went hell for leather to ensure that record didn't go to Stockport.
Fergie was all about Utd, José is all about José.

I fully appreciate we need to move on from the Fergie days, but do we have to let go of the will to win with it? With City winning the league, Scousers in the CL final, I'm struggling to look forward with positivity, so let me have it with your thoughts on next season.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The summer window first and foremost. Then the January window. Then next year's summer window.

Kaos

With Jose still at the helm not a lot to be honest. The football will still be dour regardless of who we sign, and I don’t think we’ll catch up with city. Maybe an exciting European cup run? Who knows, just feels like I’m going through the motions with this manager and current crop of players.

Skills

Snitch
Liverpool not winning the Champions League. Surely they won't do 2 in a row :nervous:

Siorac

I'm not excited about anything. I'm somewhat looking forward to find out if we can improve. I'm interested in our transfer dealings in the summer. But excited? No.

SirAF

Ageist

- New signings, hopefully a class FB or two
- To see what CB pairing will be used
- To see if Pogba can step up
- To see Lukaku build on his form
- To see SAF back in the stands
- TMF back?
- It's United, you depressive twats :D

AgentP

I'm going to immerse myself in the World Cup so that I don't have to think about United till the season starts. After that, who knows? Depends on our squad and how we do in the first month or so.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
The latest on Fellaini's housemoving saga :drool:

In seriousness as a few have said I'll happily focus on the World Cup then look forward to a few quality summer signings in certain key areas. If we get those I'll start to get excited for the new season, without them I'll worry we're still short.

AshRK

Last 2 to 3 weeks have somewhat killed my excitement to watch United. Jose begging fellaini to stay and treat him like a star and then confirming young will play an Important role next season shows nothing much will change. Jose is building a result oriented side, he has time and time said for him winning is entertainment and unfortunately he will not change. He is still the same Jose who was managing other clubs.

However, I still wont rule out us from winning the league. Jose knows his legacy will take a hit if he doesn't win the league next season, so he will make sure to correct some silly mistakes we did this season.

Jojo <3 Mou

From seeing the 5-at-the-back line-up pre-game yesterday which confirmed the complete inevitability of a scoreless bore-fest, it got me thinking what the fans are looking forward to this transfer window and next season?

While José begs the completely useless Belgian to stay, he continually marginalises other players, doling out random and bizarre contradictory excuses (Bailly not going to the world cup etc etc).

Around this time of the year, I usually look forward to the transfer window, but this year I just wonder where - if bought - José would play any impact player. We might be seeing off Martial for the as-of-yet ineffective 29 year old Sanchez, yet holding on to 30 year old Fellaini. This promotes the prospect of another year of horrible football with the odd flash in the pan result.

Would any star player want to come to Utd now, looking at how they play, how they're treated?

Going 5 at the back away to West Ham was an insult to the 'football heritage' José piped on about earlier in the season. To be so defensive against a team like that is shameful. In doing so, he gift wrapped Citeah the record of biggest points gap. You can rest assured that Fergie would have had 5 attacking players on and went hell for leather to ensure that record didn't go to Stockport.
Fergie was all about Utd, José is all about José.

I fully appreciate we need to move on from the Fergie days, but do we have to let go of the will to win with it? With City winning the league, Scousers in the CL final, I'm struggling to look forward with positivity, so let me have it with your thoughts on next season.
This is an extremely depressing intro OP. You have coloured the replies with your negativity.

• I expect that we will continue to improve.
  • I expect a League Title or at least another 2nd place finish. So in essence an actual league challenge.
  • I expect at least a QF/SF place in the CL.
  • I expect more cohesion in the play.
  • I expect trophies
  • I expect Mourinho to walk or be fired if we don't accomplish these.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
I'm looking forward to us signing Neymar, Ronaldo, Salah, De Bruyne, Messi, Kroos, Modric, Bonucci, Ramos, Mercelo, Alves and still grinding out 1-0 wins, drawing or losing to crap teams and then very rarely falling into a 4-0 win down to nothing to do with tactics and all to do with quality players actually playing as they can!

But in reality I just don't see where we as a team are heading. Last season we looked unbeatable in the cup. I thought that same strength might transfer in the Champions League. It didn't! We did get a load of clean sheets, whoop!

We have serious attacking talent on paper and should have been building on the 4-0 wins with the addition of Sanchez. Instead we look as bad as we did under LVG. The season has ended about as dry as could be. Im not even looking forward to the FA Cup final, because we can't even beat Brighton and West Ham.

Mourinho needs more time, as hardly a great array of alternatives and we need some stability, but I am concerned we are a mess.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Being told Smalling is a world-class CB (oh and I've won the biggest lottery in United States history: both as likely as each other)

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Some potentially exciting new players. If that doesn't happen...nothing really.

JoaquinJoaquin

Might sound like a downer, but right now i'm not looking forward to next season at all.

Liverpool will be better with Keita and a few more additions in Summer. Chelsea and Arsenal will have new managers and be backed financially. City will spend more. So I actually think we will be in a battle for Top 4 again rather than winning the league.

The style of football isn't going to change magically, and it doesn't matter who we sign in Summer. Some people think new fullbacks will be the answer, but they aren't even allowed to attack anyways so I can't see how that is going to be the solution. Luke Shaw for example got a b0llocking on a few occasions last night just for going forward. That is who Mourinho is and that's his DNA. The game has passed him by unfortunately and he hasn't learned how to adapt by the looks of the last 2.5 years. So the people who think a few new signings is going to transform our play style are going to be very disappointed. Finishing 2nd this year papered over many cracks we have.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Might sound like a downer, but right now i'm not looking forward to next season at all.

Liverpool will be better with Keita and a few more additions in Summer. Chelsea and Arsenal will have new managers and be backed financially. City will spend more. So I actually think we will be in a battle for Top 4 again rather than winning the league.

The style of football isn't going to change magically, and it doesn't matter who we sign in Summer. Some people think new fullbacks will be the answer, but they aren't even allowed to attack anyways so I can't see how that is going to be the solution. Luke Shaw for example got a b0llocking on a few occasions last night just for going forward. That is who Mourinho is and that's his DNA. The game has passed him by unfortunately and he hasn't learned how to adapt by the looks of the last 2.5 years. So the people who think a few new signings is going to transform our play style are going to be very disappointed. Finishing 2nd this year papered over many cracks we have.
"Luke Shaw for example got a b0llocking on a few occasions last night"

Is this true? I didn't see any of this on NBSCN in the states.

I thought Shaw played reasonably well and the announcer did say that United have won 14 out of 16 matches that Shaw has started. Albeit, he played against middle or lower teams. When Young was coming on I really thought Shaw would come off as a way for Mou to say "leave."

Loony BoB

Any moments where we play attacking football - preferably fast attacking football. The thing I miss the most about United is watching the quick counterattacks with 2-3 United players rocketing the ball down to the other end. Hoping for Martial, Lingard and Rashford to get more consistent starts and show what they can do when they are confident and in-form.

The only other thing I'm looking forward to, whether it happen next season or the distant future, is a time when the manager doesn't criticise his players so fecking much.

JoaquinJoaquin

"Luke Shaw for example got a b0llocking on a few occasions last night"

Is this true? I didn't see any of this on NBSCN in the states.

I thought Shaw played reasonably well and the announcer did say that United have won 14 out of 16 matches that Shaw has started. Albeit, he played against middle or lower teams. When Young was coming on I really thought Shaw would come off as a way for Mou to say "leave."
Yeah he did. Quite a few of the journos were saying it. For example:
I thought Shaw played well also for what it's worth.

RedMilo

What I hope for is us having a go and playing with guile and imagination. What I expect is a defensively strong Mourinho team, that relies on individuals scoring goals than attacking as a team. It looks like Fellaini is staying and Martial is going, which makes no sense to me and really sums up what Mourinho values most from his players. A spine of Lindelof - Fellaini - Lukaku is going to have a presence but the wrong type of prescence. Also Smalling is no better than Lindelof. Herrera only plays backwards or sidewards. I could go on, we have some very limited players here now, and there is so much difference between 1st & 2nd this year its scary, and transfer decisions like selling Martial and keeping Fellaini its hard to get on board with the way the club are moving forward.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Tahith Chong if he gets promoted.

Oyibo

Further Progress like this season, and sticking it to the doubters:mad:

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I'm honestly not looking forward to next season right now. Watching us is a chore most of the time, and that's not going to improve under Mourinho. The highlight of next season might be him walking at the end of it.

Oyibo

I'm honestly not looking forward to next season right now. Watching us is a chore most of the time, and that's not going to improve under Mourinho. The highlight of next season might be him walking at the end of it.
I guess you watch it on TV ?

Dinghy

To get some extra money to spend after cancelling my PL-subscription. Our style of play probably aren't gonna annoy me as much when watching our games on free, shitty streams.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
At the moment nothing, some fans are creating a toxic environment with their negativity and criticism of the manager and while some of it is just if the current abuse is coming from a season where we finish 2nd I dread to think how bad it may get next season if we do worse than 2nd

Cantonagotmehere

Further Progress like this season, and sticking it to the doubters:mad:
No kidding. Sport is one thing I will always be optimistic about. I'll never get the moaning type of attitude. Of course we all get pissed off sometimes, but to constantly bitch and moan, I would never bother.

Specifically:

I am very excited to see another season of Pogba, remembering his start to this season
How Lukaku does in year 2 when he will be even more comfortable in red
Sanchez with an off season here etc...
DDG!
Hopefully a new full back and center middie

Kapardin

Liverpool bottled league cup. We won league cup.
Liverpool bottled EL final. We won the EL.

Liverpool gonna bottle the CL Final...

Next season, Champions of Europe!!:devil:

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
At the moment nothing, some fans are creating a toxic environment with their negativity and criticism of the manager and while some of it is just if the current abuse is coming from a season where we finish 2nd I dread to think how bad it may get next season if we do worse than 2nd
Difference between supporters and fans ultimately. Supporters only want the best for the club. I hear some fans saying shite like theyd happily finish outside top 4 if it means mourinho leaving, because they're not a fan of his style of play.

Ridiculous.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Clearing out the last few lads that don't add to our squad depth
Few additions in the sure up the backline and allow our midfield to not sit as deep - lead to better attacking play (well better than we are used to at least)
Compete better on the 2 main fronts - PL and CL.

I'm happy in the steps we have made. Just need to show it more on the pitch.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Yeah he did. Quite a few of the journos were saying it. For example:
I thought Shaw played well also for what it's worth.
That is unbelievably weird. He did play well, but i actually thought he could be even more attacking on a few occasions but he looked tired too. He would be a beast of a player if he could run consistently up and down without fatigue effecting his performance.