What are you excited about for next season?

Smores

Yeah he did. Quite a few of the journos were saying it. For example:
I thought Shaw played well also for what it's worth.
Anyone actually see this themselves? I don't believe it for a second as he continued to do it and got praised by the manager afterwards. Maybe on the second long shot which was pointless.

I think we'll challenge next season so quite a lot. Being out of the race killed much of this season really

Canagel

We will be closer to Mourinho leaving.

Last edited:

Minimalist

Not much. Unremarakble performances when weighing up the undoubtable huge transfer fees to come.

Prayers for the Old Trafford faithful.

Zlatattack

Optomistically...

• To see if Periera can make something of himself at Manchester United
  • To see our team adapt to get the best out of Sanchez
  • To see more consistent performances out of Pogba
  • To see us play with actual attacking full backs
  • To see the new Carrick in midfield
  • To see the end of Fellaini in midfield
  • To see the end of Young and Valencia at FB
  • To see Rashford, Martial and McTomminay continue to develop
  • To see TFM get game time with us, or out on loan
  • To see a more fluid style of football (regardless of wether it's attacking or not)
Pessimistically
  • To see the end of Jose and his negative dross because he failed to win anything of substance in his third season with us.

Crustanoid

FM 19 being released so I can pretend that is the real football world, and actual football an abstract concept

iKeano

This is an extremely depressing intro OP. You have coloured the replies with your negativity.

• I expect that we will continue to improve.
  • I expect a League Title or at least another 2nd place finish. So in essence an actual league challenge.
  • I expect at least a QF/SF place in the CL.
  • I expect more cohesion in the play.
  • I expect trophies
  • I expect Mourinho to walk or be fired if we don't accomplish these.
So I'm not allowed to have an opinion? I haven't coloured anyone's replies. I've actively asked for a reaction to my neagtive outlook.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I'm hopeful and fairly confident that Mourinho is set on improving the areas of the field where we most need it - fullbacks (hopefully both sides) and central midfield.

If we get the right players in those positions, I'm very excited to see what we can actually do. I don't expect us to be an amazing attacking team, but we should be a hell of a lot better than what we currently are. Combine that with our defensive solidarity and we should make a much stronger push for the league and CL.

Bobski

I'm hopeful and fairly confident that Mourinho is set on improving the areas of the field where we most need it - fullbacks (hopefully both sides) and central midfield.

If we get the right players in those positions, I'm very excited to see what we can actually do. I don't expect us to be an amazing attacking team, but we should be a hell of a lot better than what we currently are. Combine that with our defensive solidarity and we should make a much stronger push for the league and CL.
New full backs are needed, but Mourinho also needs to allow them to attack, be key cogs at that end. He has generally restricted his full backs, or at least one of them, even when he had top end talent there. Ashley Cole at Arsenal was an outstanding attacking full back at Arsenal, but much more conservative under Mou at Chelsea.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Sanchez becoming more integrated into the team/influential, him and Pogba learning how to play together could be devastating.

Would love to say the progression of young players (Rashford, Martial, Fosu-Mensah, etc), but I doubt this will happen sadly.

UpWithRivers

To knock Man City off their fking perch. And Newcastle to get relegated. Oh happy days....

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
More excited for the world cup then next season. Transfers are always exciting and fixing our midfield and fullbacks hopefully. Not excited to lose martial though. In terms of football next season... expect more or less same as this season, so pretty meh about it.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I'm looking forward to more suicidal threads like this one. We haven't had enough of them this season.

Coxy

With Jose still at the helm not a lot to be honest. The football will still be dour regardless of who we sign, and I don’t think we’ll catch up with city. Maybe an exciting European cup run? Who knows, just feels like I’m going through the motions with this manager and current crop of players.
This sadly

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Honestly, not much. If there's big changes over summer then I'll be looking forward to it but still with trepidation. If there's not then there's next to zero chance of it turning out much different.

One thing, maybe, is Sanchez look better.

Glideman

lol a lot of you are so dramatic, christ

anyways

- Sanchez after a preseason, how he performs
- Pogba 3rd season
- Lukaku and how he may kick on
- New fullbacks and possibly a centre mid will be awesome
- Our usual marquee signing
- 4-0 FC returning and seeing it more consistently
- Us being consistent and more attacking with chemistry
- Hopefully a meltdown from one of our rivals people seem to w*nk over so much

Bring on next season!

Glaswegian

Excited about seeing the United of old back. That swaggering play, delightful runs down the wing, and a striker that breaks every record going. Obviously all fantasy stuff, but one can dream.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
De Gea to sign a new contract;
Sanchez first full season with us;
To see if Lukaku can make that step to become world-class striker;
New signings;
A bit of optimism which every new season brings;
New CL campaign;
Fixture list to be announced and figuring out which game I might go to.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
The Champions League is the main thing I'm looking forward to, hopefully we can improve on this season's display.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Winning the league excites me most about next season. Two new fullbacks and a right-winger will make this a reality, not a doubt in my mind.

TehRed

I'm excited to see who we sign this summer, I always am but this year feels like it could be an important one because it feels like Jose nearing completion of his vision for the squad and his template for success. He's identified who he wants to get rid of and can bring in players more to his liking. I think summer 2019 may be the final piece of the jigsaw in that regard, as that may be when we finally move on the likes of Young and Valencia, whereas this year is more about buying their successors.

I'm excited to see if we can then actually implement and succeed with Jose's vision and template for success. There will be zero excuses next season. Jose knows how he wants to play, he knows who he already has that cannot play that way, and he has to chance over the summer to address that. The target for 2018-19 absolutely has to be either a Premier League win or a Champions League win. We know we're good enough for domestic cups and finshing second, but as many people around the club and all of the supporters will tell you, Manchester United has to aim for more than that.

I'm excited to see what Jose's plan actually looks like - so far we're mainly seeing a switch to 4-3-3, we've seen excellent results against top six teams in recent months, improved performances from Pogba (though still inconsistent) and we've also seen the ways in which we can still improve. We've dropped points against bottom-half opposition, looked awful in attack, and lacked real creativity or desire. We have to hope that what we are seeing now is a stepping stone towards Jose's real vision, and not the finished article just lacking the players he wants.

RedFish

Challenging for the PL title and going deep in the CL. Plaudits aplenty for Klopp's dippers but we finished ahead of them and with a team that is no where near the finished article. I have 100% faith that the boss will get the job done.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Sanchez with a full pre season with us
New full backs or some actual wingers to provide some width going forward.
Lukaku second season - honestly think he’s slowly improved his all round game with us this season.
Lindleof getting some more games, bar Rojo he’s our best passing CB.
Transfers whoever they may be.
Fingers crossed another mctominay comes through

iKeano

I'm excited to see who we sign this summer, I always am but this year feels like it could be an important one because it feels like Jose nearing completion of his vision for the squad and his template for success. He's identified who he wants to get rid of and can bring in players more to his liking. I think summer 2019 may be the final piece of the jigsaw in that regard, as that may be when we finally move on the likes of Young and Valencia, whereas this year is more about buying their successors.

I'm excited to see if we can then actually implement and succeed with Jose's vision and template for success. There will be zero excuses next season. Jose knows how he wants to play, he knows who he already has that cannot play that way, and he has to chance over the summer to address that. The target for 2018-19 absolutely has to be either a Premier League win or a Champions League win. We know we're good enough for domestic cups and finshing second, but as many people around the club and all of the supporters will tell you, Manchester United has to aim for more than that.

I'm excited to see what Jose's plan actually looks like - so far we're mainly seeing a switch to 4-3-3, we've seen excellent results against top six teams in recent months, improved performances from Pogba (though still inconsistent) and we've also seen the ways in which we can still improve. We've dropped points against bottom-half opposition, looked awful in attack, and lacked real creativity or desire. We have to hope that what we are seeing now is a stepping stone towards Jose's real vision, and not the finished article just lacking the players he wants.
Quality post

Santoryo

ripping the reward
New manager at beginning of May 2019 or sort off.
Same with me. I know by the end of next season Mourinho would have already completed his meltdown and his position will be untenable and even our reactive board would be forced to let him go.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Excited by the thought that next season will probably (hopefully) be Mourinho’s last.

Not excited for anything else. He’s completely sucked the joy out of watching games for me. I cannot stand the way we play, the mentality, the tactics, any of it. It’s just awful, depressing shit. Absolutely nothing entertaining, or inspiring about it.

If he achieves some success with his shithouse approach to the game, that will be some small compensation; but if he doesn’t, it will be an unbearably brutal season.

Ryan7

Nothing while Mourinho is in charge. I expect next season to follow in a similar vein to this one in the league and the Champions League.

simplyared

All this about we needing fullbacks. We need a LB. Valencia is still top class. The man's a born athlete and is good for another couple of seasons. Yes his final delivery into the box can be discussed and he can and will improve. Maybe it's because we don't get enough players forward and his options limited. Against West Ham he was my motm. No we don't need to replace him. Those who want him replaced. Who out there would put in a shift for us like he does week in week out?

Smores

Excited by the thought that next season will probably (hopefully) be Mourinho’s last.

Not excited for anything else. He’s completely sucked the joy out of watching games for me. I cannot stand the way we play, the mentality, the tactics, any of it. It’s just awful, depressing shit. Absolutely nothing entertaining, or inspiring about it.

If he achieves some success with his shithouse approach to the game, that will be some small compensation; but if he doesn’t, it will be an unbearably brutal season.
Our best finish since sir alex, our most goals since sir alex and this is the shit people come out with. Pathetic bunch of fans

Judas

Open to offers
All this about we needing fullbacks. We need a LB. Valencia is still top class. The man's a born athlete and is good for another couple of seasons. Yes his final delivery into the box can be discussed and he can and will improve. Maybe it's because we don't get enough players forward and his options limited. Against West Ham he was my motm. No we don't need to replace him. Those who want him replaced. Who out there would put in a shift for us like he does week in week out?
No he isn't. I can't believe there's people who still believe this. I don't get it. Why don't you want to see the team improve.

iamkiranks

New Signings of course. Think Jose will bring in at least 4, who'll be starters.

I think it'll be a 3-horse title race between Us, City and Liverpool. Only one winner if City continue this season's form.
It will be interesting to see who comes out on top between Us and Liverpool. They'll be as strong as us with Keita, New CDM and an upgrade to Lovren coming in.

My predictions are that we'll finish 2nd again but much closer to City than this season (We may actually win it if they struggle to continue their form). Semi Finals of Champions League. A domestic trophy (EFL or FA Cup).

Last edited by a moderator:

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
It's hard to get excited when Mourinho is your manager, you know the football is going to be dreadful for most games, especially in the second half of the season.

I guess im excited for the those few games at the start of the season where a Mourinho team atcually seems to attack, before he settles into the dredge you see under him for 90% of the season.

Also my prediction for next season is either we will win the league or Mourinho will have a meltdown and leave halfway through the season if it looks like we arn't going to. So i guess both of those are things to look forward to, either we win the league or we get rid of the 'Depressing One'

Smores

It's hard to get excited when Mourinho is your manager, you know the football is going to be dreadful for most games, especially in the second half of the season.

I guess im excited for the those few games at the start of the season where a Mourinho team atcually seems to attack, before he settles into the dredge you see under him for 90% of the season.

Also my prediction for next season is either we will win the league or Mourinho will have a meltdown and leave halfway through the season if it looks like we arn't going to. So i guess both of those are things to look forward to, either we win the league or we get rid of the 'Depressing One'
You know his Chelsea teams out scored us in 4 out of his 5 seasons? 5 out of 6 if you count his final one.

If you count across leagues his Inter team outscored us in 2008/09. Not his second season

His Real Madrid team comparatively outscored us in every season and nearly doubled our tally in one.

So basically his teams have got less than us a whole twice? Dour football indeed.

His record this season in the league is 1.81gpg, that compares to 1.85gpg under Fergie. We gonna pretend thats a significant difference?

Last edited:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
No he isn't. I can't believe there's people who still believe this. I don't get it. Why don't you want to see the team improve.
Think Valencia keeping himself in good physical shapes is a way of hiding all his deficiencies and people can't see it. Luke can be a bit tubby, so it is easy to pick on him for that, even though he could actually be very good.

Not sure what I am looking forward to.

Sanchez being more settled into the side.
Pogba showing everybody what he can really do.
Still having the best goalie on the planet.
Some sign we are going to be more attractive to watch (that might just be in my dreams).
Being braver (We need to be or we will get nowhere).
The manager trusting the young ones a bit more, I mean the likes of Rashford/Martial(although I fear he might be a goner).
Hopefully creating and taking more chances, it has been mentioned lack of goals is our downfall.
Some nice signings to give us hope.