Music What concerts/gigs are you going to?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Having a child has seriously curtailed gig going but have Enter Shikari at the start of next year coming up. Hoping to add Bring Me The Horizon to that too.

Only two gigs I've been to post-covid have been My Chemical Romance and The 1975

always_hoping

Jesus! Stuck at download festival with my son. Rock / metal music isn’t my natural habitat so I’m struggling to find owt that I can enjoy. Apart from pendulum I’m just willing every single act to finish so I can get back home to bed. It’s bloody hot too!

My son however is in his element and loving every second so there’s that …

Edit: Feck that, Placebo smashed it! Absolutely loved their set.
Was at Download once in 2010 one of the most enjoyable gigs I've ever attended. Was roasting the first two days and lashed down with rain the last day with mud slides and all.

AC/DC, Rage against the machine and Aerosmith the headliners

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Having a child has seriously curtailed gig going but have Enter Shikari at the start of next year coming up. Hoping to add Bring Me The Horizon to that too.

Only two gigs I've been to post-covid have been My Chemical Romance and The 1975
Watched bring me the horizon on Friday. Not my cup of tea (I’m an old raver) but it was a spectacular show that’s for sure and everyone around me was saying how amazing it was

Volumiza

Was at Download once in 2010 one of the most enjoyable gigs I've ever attended. Was roasting the first two days and lashed down with rain the last day with mud slides and all.

AC/DC, Rage against the machine and Aerosmith the headliners
Mate, if it was AC/DC and RATM I’d be smashing it myself.

Lorna Shore, my sons favourite, Jesus fecking Christ, I felt like I was being killed for an hour.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Watched bring me the horizon on Friday. Not my cup of tea (I’m an old raver) but it was a spectacular show that’s for sure and everyone around me was saying how amazing it was
I'm yet to see them and actually thought they were awful for their first couple of albums, but their more recent output has cemented them as one of my favourite bands.

I have heard that their live shows are amazing so it's one of those I'll be trying to get to, even if it means going alone.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
I went to see Ed Sheeran last night. It was mostly just him, his guitar and a loop pedal. No backup dancers etc. He's freaking amazing. All you haters can suck balls.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Just got back from Primavera. Stage to stage scheduling of Four Tet - Kendrick - Fred Again - Skrillex was utterly perfect.

All were incredible. Had they switched Kendrick and Four Tet it would have been perfect.

Volumiza

Just got back from Primavera. Stage to stage scheduling of Four Tet - Kendrick - Fred Again - Skrillex was utterly perfect.

All were incredible. Had they switched Kendrick and Four Tet it would have been perfect.
Nice, would love to catch all those. Big fan of Fred again and Skillrex.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Nice, would love to catch all those. Big fan of Fred again and Skillrex.
Skrillex was exceptional. Of the four, he’s the one I was least fussed about. But my god he put on a show.

Watching people leave Kendrick en masse to get to Fred on the adjacent stage was wild. Wholly endorsed by me. Fred killed it from opening note to his goodnight.

Volumiza

Skrillex was exceptional. Of the four, he’s the one I was least fussed about. But my god he put on a show.

Watching people leave Kendrick en masse to get to Fred on the adjacent stage was wild. Wholly endorsed by me. Fred killed it from opening note to his goodnight.
I was trapped at download this weekend and I said to my son that the most enjoyable music for me was the intro to I Prevail, they came on to the sound of jungle by Fred Again :)

ArjenIsM3

Usually when I hear a good band / artist I like is coming here the tickets have already gone :lol:

That being said I went to see Kalei in september and then the Teskey Brothers in march. Went to a festival a few weeks ago where UB40 was one of the headliners as well though that's not something I'd go to if it was just them.

Only thing I've got tickets for now is John Mayer in march next year.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Saw Pulp on Friday

Next week I have Arctic Monkeys and Blur

Noel Gallagher in August

Chemical Brothers Novemeber

Ocean Colour Scene December

Pixies next March

Not as busy as last year which is a relief

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I went to see Ed Sheeran last night. It was mostly just him, his guitar and a loop pedal. No backup dancers etc. He's freaking amazing. All you haters can suck balls.
He’s clearly very good at what he does, I just can’t stand the songs themselves

Volumiza

Saw Pulp on Friday

Noel Gallagher in August

Pixies next March

Seen all of the above :)

I’m desperate to see the chemical brothers again. I saw them at Leicester when they released the first album, it eas ace but that 2019 glasto set was immense, I was so jealous of the people who caught that one.

Enjoy, you’ve got some great stuff lined up.

Reditus

Seen all of the above :)

I’m desperate to see the chemical brothers again. I saw them at Leicester when they released the first album, it eas ace but that 2019 glasto set was immense, I was so jealous of the people who caught that one.

Enjoy, you’ve got some great stuff lined up.
Seen Chemical Brothers a few years ago. And seen Arctic Monkeys and OCS a few times previously

Will be my first Pixies show. Cant wait for that!

stu_1992

Yeah. I got them on artist presale.

You can register for the MCD presale happening tomorrow.
Nice, I actually got access to the artist presale myself. Picked up two tickets to that. Been an expensive day between that and buying tickets for the match in Dublin. :lol:

Withnail

Saw Pulp on Friday

Noel Gallagher in August

Pixies next March

Pulp were fantastic. It was such a novelty being able to walk back to Raheny for pints and then a 5 min taxi ride home after a gig.

ravi2

Just got tickets for Tool, concert is in November. Cant wait, they put on a hell of a show

Pickle85

Anyone else go to the Wu and Nas O2 show this eve? I don't know why I bother with the O2 any more...the acoustics are horrible and the levels were all over the place (well, mostly everything up to eleven). Really tough to make out the lyrics (which is a bit of a problem, in hip hop!) Still pleased to see some of my favorite rappers of all time and Nas killed a number of tracks but I won't be back to the O2 now.

onemanarmy

14/06/2023 The Mars Volta
17/06/2023 Graspop - Pantera, The Chats, Rancid, Life of agony...
09/07/2023 Sjock - Eagles of death metal, Fu Manchu, Zeke...
13/07/2023 Iron Maiden
04/08/2023 Brakrock - a ton of punk bands
07/08/2023 Fun Lovin Criminals
08/08/2023 Blur
20/10/2023 The Sonics
31/10/2023 Reverend Horton Heat
13/11/2023 Bob Mould

Coming together nicely. Qotsa is a possibility.

Dan_F

Anyone else go to the Wu and Nas O2 show this eve? I don't know why I bother with the O2 any more...the acoustics are horrible and the levels were all over the place (well, mostly everything up to eleven). Really tough to make out the lyrics (which is a bit of a problem, in hip hop!) Still pleased to see some of my favorite rappers of all time and Nas killed a number of tracks but I won't be back to the O2 now.
I’m desperate to see Nas but refused to pay those prices (and travel) as I’ve already seen Wu previously. Was thinking about the Ice Cube one in December, but maybe have to go Birmingham instead by the sounds of it.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Probably the quietest I've been for gigs in a while actually.

All Together Now festival in August.

Self Esteem & Confidence Man in Sheffield.
Will Butler in Dublin
CMAT in Dublin

Pickle85

I’m desperate to see Nas but refused to pay those prices (and travel) as I’ve already seen Wu previously. Was thinking about the Ice Cube one in December, but maybe have to go Birmingham instead by the sounds of it.
Yeah, I think it was a smart move on your part tbh. The sound is horrible. I saw Dave there a few months back and it was better but still not great. I'd give Birmingham a shot.

Ludens the Red

Yup. Some respect is finally being put on their name. People think they’re like emo screamo but they moved away from that ten years ago and just keep releasing banger after banger and know how to put on a show.
They definitely shocked a lot at download including a few people I know who I met up with who even uttered the words “they were better than Metallica”.

Reditus

Just got tickets for Queens Of The Stone Age in Dublin. :drool:
Hi there. Presale still on via 3 and MCD.

i was trying to get standing tickets but they are €69. can I ask how much you paid and if standing or seating. I’m thinking I might wait for them to go on general sale on Friday for cheaper standing tickets

I got chemical brother tickets for €49 just last week

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Going to Ben Howard tomorrow. His last concert I went to in Dublin was meh, hope he's better this time. It's outside this time so I'm looking forward to the occasion.

Pirlo'sBeard

i was trying to get standing tickets but they are €69. can I ask how much you paid and if standing or seating. I’m thinking I might wait for them to go on general sale on Friday for cheaper standing tickets

I paid €69 for a standing ticket.

stu_1992

69 per ticket for standing here too. Artist pre sale

miked99

Last gig I went to was Supergrass, about three weeks before the initial lockdown.

Got a ticket for Pulp at Castlefield in early July though, and Pixies next March ;)

atkar83

Wanted to go to Tool in Vancouver but its so expensive, and I have seen them every other time they've come. Alice in Chains are coming in October but opening for GnR, and I have no interest in GnR so I'll skip