Music What concerts/gigs are you going to?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Awesome line up isn’t it? Though slightly concerned the significantly larger numbers will make it all a bit slower.
TBH dude, it’s not really my scene at all, I’m an old raver :lol:

Just taking my son really. Saying that, I’m looking forward to Placebo and Metallica for sure.

I work next to the site and it’s all about set up ready and people starting to descend on the area. Weathers looking good so far.

Maroon Lucifer

I have never been to a proper concert, because I live in a country where we don't really get big names to visit. Only festivals with has beens. So I finally took a week out of my calendar and I will travel to Rome with my better half in July and see Muse in the Olympic Stadium. Can't wait

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I have never been to a proper concert, because I live in a country where we don't really get big names to visit. Only festivals with has beens. So I finally took a week out of my calendar and I will travel to Rome with my better half in July and see Muse in the Olympic Stadium. Can't wait
Hmmm....

GuyfromAustria

I'm going to see Muse today! Must be the 8th time for me, they always had great shows.

klsv

Coming to Outbreak Fest in Manchester in a few weeks time, never been more excited for a festival!

Was at SlamDunk this last Saturday, that was a good day.

Hundred Reasons
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly!
H2O
Cancer Bats

50 Cent
Blink 182
Wu-Tang & Nas

All the above still to come over the next few months.
Nice, hope to catch them some day, both seem amazing live :drool:

GuyfromAustria

Enjoy! I’m taking my kids in a couple of weeks. Let us know how it is. I’ll be interested to know how they’ll follow the Simulation Theory tour, that was an insane show.
Will do!
Yeah, that monster during the medley at the end was great. My favourite was the Drones tour though.

Acole9

Outstanding
Awesome line up isn’t it? Though slightly concerned the significantly larger numbers will make it all a bit slower.
I'm looking forward to it. It's a great line up and the headliners are brilliant.

I'm a little concerned about that too, hopefully they've made allowances for it.

They've changed some of the set times round for Sunday which is a bit annoying so Lorna Shore and Graphic Nature now clash. On the plus side it looks like Creeper might be headlining the Dogtooth stage on the Saturday, I doubt they'll clash them with Metallica so that'll be cool.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
The Black Keys with some work colleagues, no idea who they are but an excuse to get out and have some beers.

Finch in November.

Acole9

Outstanding
The Black Keys with some work colleagues, no idea who they are but an excuse to get out and have some beers.

Finch in November.
Me too, I saw a lot of people complaining about the ticket price but if I'm not mistaken Manchester has sold out and London standing has gone too so the demand is there.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Me too, I saw a lot of people complaining about the ticket price but if I'm not mistaken Manchester has sold out and London standing has gone too so the demand is there.
Nice. Me and my partner bonded over our love for 00s emo music and realised that while we never knew eachother in our teen years, we most likely were at the same gigs!

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Black Keys rocked when they first came out, first two albums especially. Not heard any recent stuff, didn’t know they were still going. Should be good mate.
Looking forward to it tbh, used to gig a hell of a lot in my teens/early twenties.

Mainly alternative/emo USA bands who would play the barfly in Camden for £9 a ticket.

Circa Survive, Pompeii, Manchester Orchestra, Thursday, Head Automatica, Finch, Eisley, Straylight Run, Fun, mewithoutYou, Story of the Year, Dredge, This Providence, The Maine, Gym Class Heroes, Lydia.

Was a great time.

facchiano

Was at the Wu-Tang Clan & Nas concert here in Stockholm yesterday. They all came out with the heat. Only negative was the sound in Avicii Arena, it's terrible.

Going to Black Coffee's gig in two weeks time, other than that don't have anything else lined up but we'll see if I find something that piques my interest.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I went to watch Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds in Seattle yesterday - have always enjoyed Oasis despite supporting United. It was very anticlimatic - in the sense that no one seemed to give a shit. There were three bands scheduled for the day - Metric, NGHFB and Garbage - and they performed in that order. How on earth are Garbage bigger than Noel Gallagher? 7pm and the sun was still out at the White River Amphitheater in Auburn, and people were casually walking in and out of the stands or standing around facing away from stage and having a beer with their buddies as Noel performed Easy Now. As if he were some random musician performing in a bar for the ambience. Noel had a couple of sentences with a dozen f-words in them as usual, and bitched about how he wished the organizers would let him perform more before going off - didn't even have an encore.

Glad that I got hear Masterplan and Don't Look Back in Anger live, but it was an absolute shit show otherwise. I don't know if Oasis are genuinely not as big a deal as I thought they were, or Garbage a genuinely bigger deal than I thought they were - or if this venue was just dogshite.

Edit: Maybe he deserved the shitshow (as did I) for singing along with that City logo in the background.

GuyfromAustria

Enjoy! I’m taking my kids in a couple of weeks. Let us know how it is. I’ll be interested to know how they’ll follow the Simulation Theory tour, that was an insane show.
great, please report back.
Muse was amazing on saturday, the new show elements are awesome. Songs from the last album fitting in nicely, with some of the best stuff on stage happening during them.
Have fun, mates!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2023/stadion-wiener-neustadt-austria-33a6bca5.html

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Got Belle and Sebastian coming in July. Loved them up to Dear Catastrophe Waitress but drifted away after that, so I'm hoping for a good chunk of the golden oldies.

Moby

Dick
Anyone been to Maiden lately? They'll be here soon and I've dreamt about watching them live since forever but not sure about going to watch their zombie version.

Volumiza

Herman Toothrot

Just seen Roger Waters... incredible.

Apparantly I'm now an antisemite according to Keir Starmer :(

Volumiza

Jesus! Stuck at download festival with my son. Rock / metal music isn’t my natural habitat so I’m struggling to find owt that I can enjoy. Apart from pendulum I’m just willing every single act to finish so I can get back home to bed. It’s bloody hot too!

My son however is in his element and loving every second so there’s that …

Edit: Feck that, Placebo smashed it! Absolutely loved their set.

Last edited:

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Was at Wu Tang and Nas last night in Dublin, didn’t disappoint. Two of the greatest acts to do it laying down some of the most iconic verses in hip-hop history. Not too many scrotes for a Dublin gig too which was welcome.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Was at Wu Tang and Nas last night in Dublin, didn’t disappoint. Two of the greatest acts to do it laying down some of the most iconic verses in hip-hop history. Not too many scrotes for a Dublin gig too which was welcome.
Nice. Did they rap on each other's tracks? Was there a lot of King's Disease? How long were they on? I'm super envious, as you can probably tell :D

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Nice. Did they rap on each other's tracks? Was there a lot of King's Disease? How long were they on? I'm super envious, as you can probably tell :D
Went back and forth between them but they did Verbal Intercourse and Mobb Deep’s Eye for an Eye that has Nas and Raekwon on it. First half mostly 36 Chambers and Illmatic stuff, with a bit of Liquid Swords, Cuban Linx and It Was Written. Nas did a good bit of post “I am…” stuff in the second half.

Highlights for me were Memory Lane and Incarcerated Scarfaces cause they’re two of my favorite tunes ever, but all the 90s classic stuff went down really well.

(edit): have to add, the one low point was RZA giving Conor McGregor a shout out to introduce C.R.E.A.M. Didn’t go down great with the crowd.

mitChley

Saw Arctic Monkeys last night, they were superb. Managed to get a wristband to the front which meant short queues for the bar too. Was hoping all build up they'd play A Certain Romance but was looking doubtful since they've not played it in full for 10 years but they opened with it, absolutely chuffed.

Sat in the garden now listening to their second Sheffield night as I'm only about 15min walk from the park.

Superunknown

Jesus! Stuck at download festival with my son. Rock / metal music isn’t my natural habitat so I’m struggling to find owt that I can enjoy. Apart from pendulum I’m just willing every single act to finish so I can get back home to bed. It’s bloody hot too!

My son however is in his element and loving every second so there’s that …

Edit: Feck that, Placebo smashed it! Absolutely loved their set.
I saw Placebo about 10 years ago when they played at Pukkelpop in Belgium. They were great then, too. Probably should make more of an effort to listen to their newer stuff, as apparently the last album was pretty good.