What did the Mourinho era fix?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I can understand an employee downing tools after promises made are not fulfilled, and that is what I think happened when Woodward renew his contract in February and decided not to back him in the Pogba fiasco and in the transfer market. Especially when you undermine someone who is supposed to manager characters in a high profile business.
I didn't say I didn't have a problem, my point was I expect that from Mourinho. He has always been first about himself, and why would he take responsibility, for what? In his mindset, he was failed by Woodward probably, and he is a selfish bastard even before that. I've grown to know him for the selfish character he has always been, and my point is I don't expect anything more from him. On the other side has Woodward come out and taken any responsibility for these past 6 years? Has Pogba? They have all been part of the problem and Woodward the most.
Wish Poch and Pep had this rotten attitude when they failed to sign the players. And this also should answer why Liverpool believed in Klopp even when they didn't win anything. He was the leader with superb attitude and we had one who was king of cnuts. Yes giving him contract was one of the biggest mistake, at least it was corrected few months later.

If you don't expect anything better from Jose, then you are just ignoring the problem and focusing elsewhere. Your leader should rise above all the pettiness and lead the team (like Poch did), the one we had wasn't and he had the worst attitude in the squad. People who keep repeating "Liverpool backed Klopp" always ignore what a toxic man we had who made everyone and everything miserable and the one Liverpool had brought smiles back with their performance and on pitch attitude of players and coach.

All the excuse is "yeah Jose is a cnut, but we all know he is a cnut so I don't expect any better from him", what sort of excuse is that? Even if we agree "yeah he is our cnut", fans accepted that when he used to win league titles, at ManUtd he didn't. There was nothing for him to hide behind. At least At Madrid, Chelsea he had a league title to hide. So why exactly should ManUtd fans watch his boring shit performance, which didn't even result in league wins?

Kostov

Wish Poch and Pep had this rotten attitude when they failed to sign the players. And this also should answer why Liverpool believed in Klopp even when they didn't win anything. He was the leader with superb attitude and we had one who was king of cnuts. Yes giving him contract was one of the biggest mistake, at least it was corrected few months later.

If you don't expect anything better from Jose, then you are just ignoring the problem and focusing elsewhere. Your leader should rise above all the pettiness and lead the team (like Poch did), the one we had wasn't and he had the worst attitude in the squad. People who keep repeating "Liverpool backed Klopp" always ignore what a toxic man we had who made everyone and everything miserable and the one Liverpool had brought smiles back with their performance and on pitch attitude of players and coach.

All the excuse is "yeah Jose is a cnut, but we all know he is a cnut so I don't expect any better from him", what sort of excuse is that? Even if we agree "yeah he is our cnut", fans accepted that when he used to win league titles, at ManUtd he didn't. There was nothing for him to hide behind. At least At Madrid, Chelsea he had a league title to hide. So why exactly should ManUtd fans watch his boring shit performance, which didn't even result in league wins?
It all depends of what was promised and discussed in future plans. City hardly failed to sign players for Pep. You can look at City, Pool and Spurs and you know who is the main man. No player power and constant jibes about "if i talk I will be fined". You know why? Because those who put the manager in charge and gave him a contract, back him unconditionally. If Ed wasn't prepared to back Mourinho unconditionally he shouldn't have extended his contract.

Heck I fecking hated how Mourinho handled the Alexis addition and Martial, and said as such, but Woodward is the one to blame the most. If he though that Mourinho was not the guy to get the best of our most talented players (Pogba, Martial, Shaw, Rashford) then why keep him and then undermine him, and giving the players the power in the dressing room?

Not all leaders and the same. Pep is not Poch, Klopp is not Pep, Mourinho is not Poch. We knew that when we hired him, if you wanted a smiling manager Mourinho was not your guy, but that is your problem. You can talk whatever you want, but Mourinho has proven his leadership by winning countless of trophies. Woodward on the other side, is the architect of this downfall, and the likes of Pogba will jump shim on the first opportunity and are no better than Mourinho. Maybe just more likeable for some.

Saying he is a cnut and always was is not an excuse, I'm not absorbing him from all blame, he was to blame for many stupid decisions and he took the sack for it. We won't be winning the title any time soon, and who's fault is going to be then? Mourinho? Since he didn't win the title in an era when City drops 3 points from January to May? Have a bit of perspective. 6 months after he is gone, we still have the same clown Pogba engineering a move away while our new manager has been kissing his ass from December.

roonster09

Scout
It all depends of what was promised and discussed in future plans. City hardly failed to sign players for Pep. You can look at City, Pool and Spurs and you know who is the main man. No player power and constant jibes about "if i talk I will be fined". You know why? Because those who put the manager in charge and gave him a contract, back him unconditionally. If Ed wasn't prepared to back Mourinho unconditionally he shouldn't have extended his contract.

Heck I fecking hated how Mourinho handled the Alexis addition and Martial, and said as such, but Woodward is the one to blame the most. If he though that Mourinho was not the guy to get the best of our most talented players (Pogba, Martial, Shaw, Rashford) then why keep him and then undermine him, and giving the players the power in the dressing room?

Not all leaders and the same. Pep is not Poch, Klopp is not Pep, Mourinho is not Poch. We knew that when we hired him, if you wanted a smiling manager Mourinho was not your guy, but that is your problem. You can talk whatever you want, but Mourinho has proven his leadership by winning countless of trophies. Woodward on the other side, is the architect of this downfall, and the likes of Pogba will jump shim on the first opportunity and are no better than Mourinho. Maybe just more likeable for some.

Saying he is a cnut and always was is not an excuse, I'm not absorbing him from all blame, he was to blame for many stupid decisions and he took the sack for it. We won't be winning the title any time soon, and who's fault is going to be then? Mourinho? Since he didn't win the title in an era when City drops 3 points from January to May? Have a bit of perspective. 6 months after he is gone, we still have the same clown Pogba engineering a move away while our new manager has been kissing his ass from December.
City failed to sign Sanchez, Fred and they couldn't complete deal for Mahrez in Jan and they also failed to sign Laporte and came up with ridiculous "we were looking for Laporte as LB" excuse.

So Mourinho throws his toys out and act like a cnut when signings are not done, can't get best out of talented players, can't win league title, can't control dressing room. So what exactly was his role at ManUtd?

Btw you can keep saying manager wasn't backed against players and all that, Klopp, Pep, Poch managed for many years and I'm yet to see them losing dressing room. Jose lost it with Chelesa twice, Madrid and ManUtd. Only teams where he didn't lose dressing room was at Inter and Porto where he spend 2 years. Looks like losing dressing room is nothing new for Jose and for some reason it always happen in 3rd season.

Obviously you are absorbing all the blame, so who built this team? Who signed Pogba, Matic, Lindelof, Lukaku and many more players who all either look out of depth or wants out? Of course we won't win the league title because of how shit our team is, built by Jose.

Like I said, if Jose was winning league titles then him acting as a cnut is not a problem as at least he has something to hide behind. At Manutd played shit football, so far away from league title and then fought with everyone, on top of that he fell out with players he signed.

2016-17 - 24 points behind winners. Closer to West Ham in 11th place than Chelsea who won the league
2017-18 - 19 points behind winners. Closer to 6th placed Arsenal than league winners
2018-19 - After nearly half a season we were 19 points behind first place, so we were closer to 20th placed Fulham than league leaders. Forget league leaders, we were closer to 15th placed Crystal palace than 4th placed team.

This after spending close to 390 million.

Yes, it's Mourinho's fault in addition to Woodward's. Team lacking any identity on the field is on the manager, after 2.5 years we had nothing to show on field. Players looked as if they were playing together for the first time.

Edit: Btw yes not all managers are smiling managers. So we hired Jose to win the league title, which he failed miserably. Forget winning, in 2.5 years he never was in title race.

Web of Bissaka

Mourinho era should be divided into two.

Early Half
16/17 -- fix many, some problems left.
17/18 -- continue fixing, less problems. (2017)

*halfway through -- starting to make problems for whatever reasons.*

Latter Half
17/18 -- less fixing, problems rising. (2018)
18/19 -- don't care to fix at all, only want to complain, problems escalating!!!

:nervous: Didn't include the details of what he fixed here, because it'll make the post longer.

Basically..
He fixed the problems the club had at first but not completely so some problems linger on, and starting halfway through, at later years he started to create more and more problems. In the end, pile of problems which he just didn't solved and combine that with the problematic mess he himself created.

Thing is, Mourinho is always suited to be a short term manager.

---

Why the problems arise?
1. Club Management team. We know how the club is run now and not having a strong personnel that can work with the current club system well, are huge drawbacks. So problems will naturally happening. This needs someone constantly (eg. the manager) to counter the club hierarchy's poor competitiveness and fix their mess.
2. Manager with skills stop fixing, and making problems.
3. Manager lacking skills or poor ideologies, continue making problems.
4. Players will undergo declines or period where they lose motivations, so players at first can be the solution but later on become the problems. It's a natural progress, so the squad need constant fixing.

Kostov

City failed to sign Sanchez, Fred and they couldn't complete deal for Mahrez in Jan and they also failed to sign Laporte and came up with ridiculous "we were looking for Laporte as LB" excuse.

So Mourinho throws his toys out and act like a cnut when signings are not done, can't get best out of talented players, can't win league title, can't control dressing room. So what exactly was his role at ManUtd?

Btw you can keep saying manager wasn't backed against players and all that, Klopp, Pep, Poch managed for many years and I'm yet to see them losing dressing room. Jose lost it with Chelesa twice, Madrid and ManUtd. Only teams where he didn't lose dressing room was at Inter and Porto where he spend 2 years. Looks like losing dressing room is nothing new for Jose and for some reason it always happen in 3rd season.

Obviously you are absorbing all the blame, so who built this team? Who signed Pogba, Matic, Lindelof, Lukaku and many more players who all either look out of depth or wants out? Of course we won't win the league title because of how shit our team is, built by Jose.

Like I said, if Jose was winning league titles then him acting as a cnut is not a problem as at least he has something to hide behind. At Manutd played shit football, so far away from league title and then fought with everyone, on top of that he fell out with players he signed.

2016-17 - 24 points behind winners. Closer to West Ham in 11th place than Chelsea who won the league
2017-18 - 19 points behind winners. Closer to 6th placed Arsenal than league winners
2018-19 - After nearly half a season we were 19 points behind first place, so we were closer to 20th placed Fulham than league leaders. Forget league leaders, we were closer to 15th placed Crystal palace than 4th placed team.

This after spending close to 390 million.

Yes, it's Mourinho's fault in addition to Woodward's. Team lacking any identity on the field is on the manager, after 2.5 years we had nothing to show on field. Players looked as if they were playing together for the first time.

Edit: Btw yes not all managers are smiling managers. So we hired Jose to win the league title, which he failed miserably. Forget winning, in 2.5 years he never was in title race.
You aren't comparing City's transfer dealing with ours do you? City failed to sign Sanchez and went on and signed Mahrez. They signed 3 full backs for 150m in one transfer window, signed 2 keepers for big money simply because they had one idea with their manager, backed him fully and they are reaping the rewards. They didn't say to Pep you signed Bravo you stick with him now did they? Mourinho threw his toys and acted like a cnut after a corporate banker told him you don't really need a new CB. A fecking moron who is the biggest culprit for this downfall gave him a new contract then told him I know better.

How is he supposed to control a dressing room when Woodward is meddling in in and backing players instead of the manager? Are you telling me Mourinho doesn't know how to manage a dressing room? Roonster from Redcafe knows better than Jose fecking Mourinho?

Yeah Mourinho does lose a dressing room, where that didn't happen, he won the CLs. We knew that from that start yet hired him. You can use the examples of Poch, Klopp and Pep all you want, I have no intention to argue Mourinho's case over theirs. They manage in a much better run football clubs, and results are showing.

Mourinho acting like a cnut was always a problem pal. Never mind when he won a league or not. Him acting like a cnut or not was not the reason we didn't win the league, it is because we are shambles from top to bottom. Under him getting to 2nd place was the best result in this shit period of shambolic management.

Don't post meaningless stats trying to show how poor of a job he did. I never said he did a fantastic job, he was the best of a shambolic bunch. Try and post where we were under Moyes, or LVG when City and Pool were not as good as today, when Leicester won the league. You say he left us 19 points behind 1st place in December, how did we end up the season then? 32 points behind that's where.

And no, it's Woodward's fault the most, along with Mourinho and a bunch of under performing overpaid shit footballers.

Yeah Woodward brought Mourinho here to win the league, he failed as did Woodward. Now he is gone, we wills spend just as much if not more. Do you see us winning the league, or coming close like Liverpool did? If you say yes, then that's total delusion.

roonster09

Scout
You aren't comparing City's transfer dealing with ours do you? City failed to sign Sanchez and went on and signed Mahrez. They signed 3 full backs for 150m in one transfer window, signed 2 keepers for big money simply because they had one idea with their manager, backed him fully and they are reaping the rewards. They didn't say to Pep you signed Bravo you stick with him now did they? Mourinho threw his toys and acted like a cnut after a corporate banker told him you don't really need a new CB. A fecking moron who is the biggest culprit for this downfall gave him a new contract then told him I know better.

How is he supposed to control a dressing room when Woodward is meddling in in and backing players instead of the manager? Are you telling me Mourinho doesn't know how to manage a dressing room? Roonster from Redcafe knows better than Jose fecking Mourinho?

Yeah Mourinho does lose a dressing room, where that didn't happen, he won the CLs. We knew that from that start yet hired him. You can use the examples of Poch, Klopp and Pep all you want, I have no intention to argue Mourinho's case over theirs. They manage in a much better run football clubs, and results are showing.

Mourinho acting like a cnut was always a problem pal. Never mind when he won a league or not. Him acting like a cnut or not was not the reason we didn't win the league, it is because we are shambles from top to bottom. Under him getting to 2nd place was the best result in this shit period of shambolic management.

Don't post meaningless stats trying to show how poor of a job he did. I never said he did a fantastic job, he was the best of a shambolic bunch. Try and post where we were under Moyes, or LVG when City and Pool were not as good as today, when Leicester won the league. You say he left us 19 points behind 1st place in December, how did we end up the season then? 32 points behind that's where.

And no, it's Woodward's fault the most, along with Mourinho and a bunch of under performing overpaid shit footballers.

Yeah Woodward brought Mourinho here to win the league, he failed as did Woodward. Now he is gone, we wills spend just as much if not more. Do you see us winning the league, or coming close like Liverpool did? If you say yes, then that's total delusion.
:lol: But somehow Kostov from Redcafe thinks he knows better than Mourinho, Van Gaal, Solskjaer, Ferguson, Southgate when he posts about Lingard.

Yeah, Woodward meddling was the difference in losing dressing room, fecking Woodward meddled even at Chelsea, Madrid too.

Did Pep sign 75 -90 million striker? Did he sign 89 million center mid? Did he sign 50 million and 40 million center mids?

Jose signed 3 center mids who cost around 180 million and we don't have a proper midfield now.

They signed Laporte and Stones for 57 million and 44-45 million, we signed Bailly and Lindelof for 35 + 35 million. Big deal. Difference is City CBs are playing well and for us, we have set bar so low that not making a comical error is considered good enough.

What are the excuses for first 2 seasons? Jose said in his interviews that he wanted 4 players first season and he got 4. He wanted 4 players next season he got 3 and the only player he didn't get was Perisic, who rejected the offer to stay at Inter. So what were the excuses for first 2 seasons? Did the investment banker said no to any of Jose's requests? With everything he got, we finished closer to Arsenal than City.

We won't win the league with so much shit accumulated over the years. It takes time to cleanup the mess. If you think us not winning league in next year or 2 has nothing to do with the mess Jose left behind, then you are just as deluded as those Jose disciples who thinks even Jose's shit smells like perfume.

Kostov

:lol: But somehow Kostov from Redcafe thinks he knows better than Mourinho, Van Gaal, Solskjaer, Ferguson, Southgate when he posts about Lingard.

Yeah, Woodward meddling was the difference in losing dressing room, fecking Woodward meddled even at Chelsea, Madrid too.

Did Pep sign 75 -90 million striker? Did he sign 89 million center mid? Did he sign 50 million and 40 million center mids?

Jose signed 3 center mids who cost around 180 million and we don't have a proper midfield now.

They signed Laporte and Stones for 57 million and 44-45 million, we signed Bailly and Lindelof for 35 + 35 million. Big deal. Difference is City CBs are playing well and for us, we have set bar so low that not making a comical error is considered good enough.

What are the excuses for first 2 seasons? Jose said in his interviews that he wanted 4 players first season and he got 4. He wanted 4 players next season he got 3 and the only player he didn't get was Perisic, who rejected the offer to stay at Inter. So what were the excuses for first 2 seasons? Did the investment banker said no to any of Jose's requests? With everything he got, we finished closer to Arsenal than City.

We won't win the league with so much shit accumulated over the years. It takes time to cleanup the mess. If you think us not winning league in next year or 2 has nothing to do with the mess Jose left behind, then you are just as deluded as those Jose disciples who thinks even Jose's shit smells like perfume.
Well i was branded a Lingard hater by the likes of you and similar, simply because I claimed that he is an average football player who should be playing for Bournemouth at best. You are discrediting one of the best managers in the history of the sport as someone who isn't a leader. You can hate Mourinho as much as you want but it's total bullshit. Mourinho has more credentials in what he does, than most human beings in their own profession. If I claimed something as ridiculous as you feel free laugh.

Woodward fault was not backing the manager he chose and renewed his contract 6 months prior. Mourinho meltdowns at Chelsea and Real do not concern me, we are the most embarrassing big club at the moment, and it's not down to Mourinho. It gets even more laughable, but why do you even want to compare how much City and United spent during the same time? It's stupid considering what was the state of both squads when those 2 managers arrived.

Excuses for what? Not winning the league? Not reaching 100 points? Are you actually that naive and expected us to win the league? Or did you expect this squad to be closer to the City than Arsenal? After 2 consecutive summers of spending less and considering what squads both managers inherited? Go and have a lay down, you are spouting absolute bullshit, and don't waste my time if you can't acknowledge that 2nd place and 81 points with a team that struggled to finish 4th place the previous 4.

Comparing "Pep" spending and Mourinho is laughable. One of them inherited Aguero the other inherited ageing Rooney and a 20 year old kid. How much do you think will City spend to replace Aguero in this market? Yeah he did not spend 89m on a CM, he didn't have to Txiki did a year prior and bought KDB for 75m, while Woodward was buying the likes of Schneiderlin and Depay.

Once again, you spout absolute rubbish in that last paragraph. Your hate for Mourinho is pathetic and you fail to conduct a sane debate. Nowhere have I said that Mourinho does not take a portion of the blame, as does the players. The sole one that should not get any bit of leeway is that prick Woodward. If you fail to see the bigger picture than yeah you do seem one of those deluded disciples that would bark on the latest enemy but is perfectly happy with the ones pulling the strings from behind.

roonster09

Scout
Once again, you spout absolute rubbish in that last paragraph. Your hate for Mourinho is pathetic and you fail to conduct a sane debate.
:lol: Bit rich coming from you. Same rubbish again and again, blaming everyone and anyone, making pathetic excuses.

Some of the spin even Jose would be embarrassed but his disciples believe every shit to defend Jose.

Moan about Pep signing 2 GKs when Jose had De Gea but complain Jose didn't have Aguero when he spent 75-90 million on Lukaku. Who even cares about logic and being consistent.

Aloysius's Back 3

The thing with Jose is that if in his third season he could have kept us up to his previous season as a top 2 club then that would have been more than good enough.

However the lad himself is toxic as maybe the players he blames & can't retain a longterm standard.

For me that's something United, the fans and maybe even the players may expect to some level - a long term standard and ethos.

Canagel

:lol: Bit rich coming from you. Same rubbish again and again, blaming everyone and anyone, making pathetic excuses.

Some of the spin even Jose would be embarrassed but his disciples believe every shit to defend Jose.

Moan about Pep signing 2 GKs when Jose had De Gea but complain Jose didn't have Aguero when he spent 75-90 million on Lukaku. Who even cares about logic and being consistent.
Woodward bought all the players and forced them onto poor Mourinho don't you know? :lol: nothing to do with his failure to implement any football or style on the pitch.

roonster09

Scout
Woodward bought all the players and forced them onto poor Mourinho don't you know? :lol: nothing to do with his failure to implement any football or style on the pitch.
For some reason he is only responsible for us winning trophies and not responsible for anything.

Canagel

For some reason he is only responsible for us winning trophies and not responsible for anything.
Someone here said mourinho never could've bought player like Fred and it was just scouts decision ignoring Mourinho had said just few months earlier a Brazilian player could be joining the squad and every team must have Brazilian player in it. Then he said Fred can't play because his defence that he bought 3 players for is not stable. :lol: infact i'm quite amazed Mourinho had lasted this long with all these shit players we should be so grateful he led us to 11 points off top 4 and not battling solid midtable or even relegation.

Kostov

Bit rich coming from me? Aaahh you are one of those Lingard ass lickers aren't you? Try and read next time from the start before wasting my time, you are so frustrated with Mourinho it's embarrassing. I said countless of times I don't exclude him from any blame, yet your best argument is repeating the same shit line about excuses.

This thread is about what he fixed, I pointed out to what he did positive, some frustrated chaps like you can't find the little if any decency to give the guy a bit of credit for the few positive things he achieved.

And comparing starting points of Pep and Mourinho just shows how blatantly laughable you are. GK was the only position that we had a better player than City. And I didn't complain about Jose not having Aguero, it pointed that to a guy that clearly lacked sensible perspective of what Mourinho inherited and what Pep inherited.

roonster09

Scout
Bit rich coming from me? Aaahh you are one of those Lingard ass lickers aren't you? Try and read next time from the start before wasting my time, you are so frustrated with Mourinho it's embarrassing. I said countless of times I don't exclude him from any blame, yet your best argument is repeating the same shit line about excuses.

This thread is about what he fixed, I pointed out to what he did positive, some frustrated chaps like you can't find the little if any decency to give the guy a bit of credit for the few positive things he achieved.

And comparing starting points of Pep and Mourinho just shows how blatantly laughable you are. GK was the only position that we had a better player than City. And I didn't complain about Jose not having Aguero, it pointed that to a guy that clearly lacked sensible perspective of what Mourinho inherited and what Pep inherited.
Arse licker? I want him sold.

Maybe about time you come out of Jose's arse. Not sure you are capable of it considering you are just full of shit.

Moaning about spending and coming up with shit like "yeah we always knew what Jose is all about, so we should ignore that" and then talk about perspective. Again one more post full of shit and just pathetic excuses.

You think he fixed something, there are many like me you feel he didn't fix anything. So not sure why you are getting your knickers in twist here. Not everyone licks his arse.

Again but rich talking about embarrassing posts considering your pathetic posts on Lingard.

roonster09

Scout
Someone here said mourinho never could've bought player like Fred and it was just scouts decision ignoring Mourinho had said just few months earlier a Brazilian player could be joining the squad and every team must have Brazilian player in it. Then he said Fred can't play because his defence that he bought 3 players for is not stable. :lol: infact i'm quite amazed Mourinho had lasted this long with all these shit players we should be so grateful he led us to 11 points off top 4 and not battling solid midtable or even relegation.
Not surprised at all. See the guy I replied to saying why we should ignore his toxic nature as he is like that.

They just make up things as they go. Spent shit load but moan about spending. Talked about Brazilian player and how a team is not a team without Brazilian, moan Fred was not his player.

2 years he got every player except Perisic, 0 title races, somehow it was never his mistake.

Fall out with everyone including his big signings; again not his mistake.

Shit on club after embarrassing performance and knock out vs Sevilla, his fans even defend that.

Liverpool with similar spend and by losing their best player are so much in higher level than us, his fans moan about last summer spending ignoring the other 2 summers.

Excuses are endless and somehow Jose is not responsible for anything. We are in this shit thanks to him.

After 2.5 years and spending 390 million what are we left with? A team full of holes with no identity. To make things worse, worst team in the league when it comes to fitness. Somehow solution for this is to spend even more to sign average players.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Mourinho definitely did have a style. It was awful to watch, outdated and very unpopular with the players, many of whom couldn't do it very well. But he did have a style.

JustAGuest

I think what's "embarrassing" and "laughable" is your posts in this thread. Ironically you seem like the frustrated one as well.

Kostov

Arse licker? I want him sold.

Maybe about time you come out of Jose's arse. Not sure you are capable of it considering you are just full of shit.

Moaning about spending and coming up with shit like "yeah we always knew what Jose is all about, so we should ignore that" and then talk about perspective. Again one more post full of shit and just pathetic excuses.

You think he fixed something, there are many like me you feel he didn't fix anything. So not sure why you are getting your knickers in twist here. Not everyone licks his arse.

Again but rich talking about embarrassing posts considering your pathetic posts on Lingard.
Talk about full of shit pal, you aren’t capable of reading properly it seems. This was a thread about different opinions on Mourinho from the general blaming for everything and anything on him.

My pathetic posts on Lingard :lol:
Yeah everything about the guy is pathetic.

And let’s just stop on this here I don’t want to get banned over an argument I didn’t even want to have in the first place.

JustAGuest

Okey just a guest, thank you for this non embarrassing comment. Is this the highest quality of post you are capable?
Are you unable to get your point across without resorting to insults and toxicity? The tone of your posts in this thread is rather unpleasant, I sincerely hope the rest of them are of a higher standard.

Kostov

Are you unable to get your point across without resorting to insults and toxicity? The tone of your posts in this thread is rather unpleasant, I sincerely hope the rest of them are of a higher standard.
Well you go to my first post in this thread and I think my point is clear. Everything afterwards was a shambolic argument in which my intention was not to defend Mourinho, instead pointing out he was just part of a bigger and much worse mismanagement by a board and incompetent CEO who has no clue what he is doing.

Your post was hardly insightful nonetheless.

Canagel

Mourinho definitely did have a style. It was awful to watch, outdated and very unpopular with the players, many of whom couldn't do it very well. But he did have a style.
And what style was it? We have seen midtable managers like Rodgers implement style of play in less than 3 month. He didn't need 5 transfer windows like the con man Mourinho.
What football did Mourinho play does anyone know? It wasn't attacking football. It wasn't counter attacking football because we had the least counter attacks in the PL. It wasn't defensive football because team was leaking goals left right and centre into his 3rd campaign. If not and he played conservative football to protect the defence who's fault is it for not drilling team in defensive football and organization? The truth is there was feck all beyond lump it up to the big man and hope/pray to win the flick on. Like an expensive Stoke city.

Last edited:

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
And what style was it? ...It wasn't defensive football because team was leaking goals left right and centre into his 3rd campaign.
And he finished 2nd in his second campaign. It was defensive ugly nick a-goal football that failed by season 3.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Leaders quit on teams constantly when they don’t have full backing. Leaders publicly shame subordinates constantly, just take a look at Zidane and Bale today. Just because it’s Mourinho let’s not make a witch hunt.
Even if he wasn't backed (which he was) who would want a leader who quits at the first sign of trouble? Good leaders don't quit on their teams. Zidane is not known for calling out his players and he certainly doesn't do it constantly like Mourinho. Good leaders don't constantly throw their subordinates under the bus. I'm sorry but if you think this is normal behavior from a good leader, you probably haven't been around any.

Defending him by pointing the finger at other managers doesn't absolve him of any blame. It screams whataboutism and seems desperate.

Kostov

Even if he wasn't backed (which he was) who would want a leader who quits at the first sign of trouble? Good leaders don't quit on their teams. Zidane is not known for calling out his players and he certainly doesn't do it constantly like Mourinho. Good leaders don't constantly throw their subordinates under the bus. I'm sorry but if you think this is normal behavior from a good leader, you probably haven't been around any.

Defending him by pointing the finger at other managers doesn't absolve him of any blame. It screams whataboutism and seems desperate.
Oh come on, I don’t want to defend Mourinho any more than most on here, for the 100th time he was not perfect far from it, made countless mistakes and took the sack for it.

Results speak for good leaders and Mourinho has lots of successes. It seems you can’t say a positive thing about him without some of you coming out with the pitchforks.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Oh come on, I don’t want to defend Mourinho any more than most on here, for the 100th time he was not perfect far from it, made countless mistakes and took the sack for it.

Results speak for good leaders and Mourinho has lots of successes. It seems you can’t say a positive thing about him without some of you coming out with the pitchforks.
Why should I focus on his past glories with other teams and not on his tenure at United or his recent history? He WAS a good manager, but recently (his last 3.5 seasons) he's been poor. His recent history should be the measuring stick to assess him, not what he did at Porto and Inter. Past glories under different circumstances are not a predictor of future results. There are lots of managers with good CVs who fell off towards the end of their careers.

Personally, the 2 minor trophies and 2nd place finish (19 points off the pace) aren't huge positives, hence why I don't focus on them. United are the largest club in the world, not Everton. The ambition is clearly higher and if he's getting credit for those achievements the standards have massively dropped.

roonster09

Scout
Talk about full of shit pal, you aren’t capable of reading properly it seems. This was a thread about different opinions on Mourinho from the general blaming for everything and anything on him.

My pathetic posts on Lingard :lol:
Yeah everything about the guy is pathetic.

And let’s just stop on this here I don’t want to get banned over an argument I didn’t even want to have in the first place.
Maybe you should read OP. This thread is not "let's praise Jose", there is other thread for that. This is about did he fix anything and the answer from few/many is No. He didn't fix anything and left us in worse state.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
View from a non united fan.....

Pros - definitely made you relevant again, the whole Jose vs Pep narrative when he first joined felt like it was erasing the dire tedious fare LvG served up.

Spotting the gaps in the team straight away, Ibra was inspired and great leadership (something you sorely lack now) his reputation got you Pogba.

2nd in the PL and winning Europa League, not a bad haul after Moyes and LvG

Cons - He's Jose, you know what you get, as things went wrong he went off the rails, comments after Seville were shocking, public bickering with board and players, some bizarre selections (McT at CB anyone) an inability to take a step back and get everything back on track.

Long term legacy - Jose doesn't really do that, he's short term all the way. So realistically you're no better or worse off than when LvG left from what he's left you, the big difference is when LvG left, Jose was a manager that could still attract top talent, can Ole? If not then you're worse off I think than before.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Why should I focus on his past glories with other teams and not on his tenure at United or his recent history? He WAS a good manager, but recently (his last 3.5 seasons) he's been poor. His recent history should be the measuring stick to assess him, not what he did at Porto and Inter. Past glories under different circumstances are not a predictor of future results. There are lots of managers with good CVs who fell off towards the end of their careers.

Personally, the 2 minor trophies and 2nd place finish (19 points off the pace) aren't huge positives, hence why I don't focus on them. United are the largest club in the world, not Everton. The ambition is clearly higher and if he's getting credit for those achievements the standards have massively dropped.
His poor showing in 2 1/4 years with us would take alot of years to top. I cant see ole winning any trophies soon.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
His poor showing in 2 1/4 years with us would take alot of years to top. I cant see ole winning any trophies soon.
You really don't think he can win a Europa League and an EFL Cup? United should be one of the favorites for Europe League.

Jackal

If the 2 minor trophies and the 2nd place finish aren't huge positives, Ole's 6th place finish and no trophies are the positives? This kind of argument are so tedious and so hilarious.

His recent history cannot be the measuring stick especially when his career at Man Utd was the only time he did not win a league title. Man Utd is the exception, do you know why? Because the club has no ambition that matches their "big club" status they love to brag about.

Klopp has been at Liverpool for almost 4 years, he hasn't won a spoon yet and there's never been a time his job has come under pressure or where there's been whisperings of his sack. He's made many mistakes in the transfer market and he's been backed to correct those mistakes. After 3 years, Liverpool are starting to reap the benefits of their patience and the 100% backing of their manager.

United's "big club" pride will not allow them to stick with a manager for 4 seasons without a trophy and they are also not ready to spend big like other top clubs to engineer a short-fix rebuilding process. They are neither here nor there. That's the kind of mess Jose Mourinho got himself into when he took the United job. He walked into a team that finished 5th in the league with plenty of uninspiring players.

Pep had an easier rebuilding processing on his hands when he arrived. He inherited KDB, Aguero, Fernandinho, Kompany, Sterling and David Silva from the jump. The only world class player Jose inherited at United was De Gea. You would think United would back Jose financially to close the gap on City, they didn't. Yet the fans and the media somehow felt Jose should be able to compete pound for pound with City. City went on to spend more on players that summer despite the initial gap that existed before Pep/Jose arrived in England.

Failure was imminent at United, it was a ticking time-bomb before everything unraveled.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
If the 2 minor trophies and the 2nd place finish aren't huge positives, Ole's 6th place finish and no trophies are the positives? This kind of argument are so tedious and so hilarious.
You do realize Ole took over as caretaker manager for Mourinho's failing team that was 11 points off of 4th place?
You do realize he hasn't made a single transfer?

Willful ignorance strikes again. Not even going to bother with the rest of your post if you're serious about the above. Tedious and hilarious. Oh the irony.

fergiesarmy1

Mourinho put the final nail in us for the foreseeable, he ruined last season before it even got going. I have been following united for 30 years and his final game I refused to watch as he had thrown in the towel, the highlight was him getting sacked and removed from this club. The downside is we are left with no player he signed that should remain at this club period.

hn4manunited

His recent history cannot be the measuring stick especially when his career at Man Utd was the only time he did not win a league title. Man Utd is the exception, do you know why? Because the club has no ambition that matches their "big club" status they love to brag about.

Klopp has been at Liverpool for almost 4 years, he hasn't won a spoon yet and there's never been a time his job has come under pressure or where there's been whisperings of his sack. He's made many mistakes in the transfer market and he's been backed to correct those mistakes. After 3 years, Liverpool are starting to reap the benefits of their patience and the 100% backing of their manager.

United's "big club" pride will not allow them to stick with a manager for 4 seasons without a trophy and they are also not ready to spend big like other top clubs to engineer a short-fix rebuilding process. They are neither here nor there. That's the kind of mess Jose Mourinho got himself into when he took the United job. He walked into a team that finished 5th in the league with plenty of uninspiring players.

Pep had an easier rebuilding processing on his hands when he arrived. He inherited KDB, Aguero, Fernandinho, Kompany, Sterling and David Silva from the jump. The only world class player Jose inherited at United was De Gea. You would think United would back Jose financially to close the gap on City, they didn't. Yet the fans and the media somehow felt Jose should be able to compete pound for pound with City. City went on to spend more on players that summer despite the initial gap that existed before Pep/Jose arrived in England.

Failure was imminent at United, it was a ticking time-bomb before everything unraveled.
I really commend you and several others on here continuing to try to lay it out as it is and be objective about the situation.

Others who keep wanting to talk about Mourinho and put all the blame on Mourinho is akin to a bad breakup or a bad divorce where these fans are the bitter half who are still not over it. It’s almost like these fans are so secretly in love with Jose and now they are so hurt that nothing else matters but to talk about how bad everything was with Jose and of Jose.

Move on people, there are worse problems at our club.

JustAGuest

I really commend you and several others on here continuing to try to lay it out as it is and be objective about the situation.

Others who keep wanting to talk about Mourinho and put all the blame on Mourinho is akin to a bad breakup or a bad divorce where these fans are the bitter half who are still not over it. It’s almost like these fans are so secretly in love with Jose and now they are so hurt that nothing else matters but to talk about how bad everything was with Jose and of Jose.

Move on people, there are worse problems at our club.
So claiming he wasn't backed is the objective viewpoint? Why is the fact that he spent some 400m on incoming transfers swept under the carpet?