What do we still need? Aka The never ending story

Bojan Djordjic

Good for them. I don’t do that.

Dalot is a more suitable back up than Wan-Bissaka in a squad aiming to take a tilt at top honours.

He is better suited stylistically and able to play in other positions. That’s why Ten Hag will offload Wan-Bissaka before him.
I agree. AWB is going through a purple patch and we should sell him while his stock is high. His technical limitations will always be an issue in the future if we have aspirations to dominate possession.

CM

I agree. AWB is going through a purple patch and we should sell him while his stock is high. His technical limitations will always be an issue in the future if we have aspirations to dominate possession.
The problem with that is we will have the same difficulties selling him as we did last summer. Teams lower down the table don't want to cough up a decent transfer fee because his current contract at United would make him one of their highest earners. If we're getting £10-15m bids for Wan-Bissaka again, how far will that go for us realistically?

It's probably not even worth the hassle given he's a homegrown player, and any funds we might have to source a replacement will be hoovered up by getting a striker, midfielder and (hopefully) goalkeeper in.

LuckyScout78

I am considering Delcan Rice as one of the new CM. Not the world class and eye catch CM. But really conistent.

Beside Stanislav Lobotka, Caicedo. Rice is a option i would consider too. To the end of the season. Before final decision.

croadyman

Striker, CM and goalkeeper for our starting eleven would improve us so much.

I’d also like another CM and a CB for rotation. I’m ok with our right backs, they’re far from our biggest problem and we have more pressing needs.

Departures should be Henderson, Maguire, De Gea, McT and obviously Tuanzebe, Bailly, Telles, Elanga etc. I’d keep Fred but Ten Hag obviously isn’t keen so move him on. Don’t sign Sabitzer or Weghorst. Keep Martial and Sancho another season to see if they can stay fit and find form.

A lot of churn and probably not realistic.
You have got it absolutely bang on

jesperjaap

Good for them. I don’t do that.

Dalot is a more suitable back up than Wan-Bissaka in a squad aiming to take a tilt at top honours.

He is better suited stylistically and able to play in other positions. That’s why Ten Hag will offload Wan-Bissaka before him.
What other positions is he versatile in, being an average left back when we already have Shaw, Malacia and youngsters...not needed

Everytime Bissaka has gone off and DAlot moved over to right back....we have got exposed. It happened in the FA cup and it happened again tonight. He isnt very good defensively and he is average as an attacking full back.

We will go round in circles, its opinions and I fear that the only one that matters, being Ten Hags will be the same one as yours, so in that respect its difficult and folly to argue really.

But I stand by mi feeling that there are several far far better full backs in terms of attacking full backs than Dalot so he can be massivley improved upon with a signing and as a back up he is concerning defensively. Sign an attacking full back and liek tonight I would feel happy if we bring Bissaka on to close out a game. I really dont think Dalot is any better going forward than Bissaka and he is far far worse defensively...his ability to play left back is for me pretty much meaningless

Kag

What other positions is he versatile in, being an average left back when we already have Shaw, Malacia and youngsters...not needed

Everytime Bissaka has gone off and DAlot moved over to right back....we have got exposed. It happened in the FA cup and it happened again tonight. He isnt very good defensively and he is average as an attacking full back.

We will go round in circles, its opinions and I fear that the only one that matters, being Ten Hags will be the same one as yours, so in that respect its difficult and folly to argue really.

But I stand by mi feeling that there are several far far better full backs in terms of attacking full backs than Dalot so he can be massivley improved upon with a signing and as a back up he is concerning defensively. Sign an attacking full back and liek tonight I would feel happy if we bring Bissaka on to close out a game. I really dont think Dalot is any better going forward than Bissaka and he is far far worse defensively...his ability to play left back is for me pretty much meaningless
:lol:

Did you even watch the game?

What a way to completely nullify your point. Wan-Bissaka was hooked because he was jogging around like a wanker. Dalot had to go there because of him.

NoPace

Definitely a game where you could see how badly we need a quality #8.

jesperjaap

:lol:

Did you even watch the game?

What a way to completely nullify your point. Wan-Bissaka was hooked because he was jogging around like a wanker. Dalot had to go there because of him.
The point being that there second goal DAlot was caught out of position and failed to track Son who then scored, jsut like the cup final, the pretty quiet Mitouma had three very good opportunities once Dalot went over there to replace the jogging wanker Bissaka who kept Mitouma quiet for the majority of the game, or the Caraboa cup final where Bissaka kept Saint Maxim quiet....until he went off and was replaced by DAlot.

Absolutely baffled how your come to the conclusion I am nullifying my point about Bissaka being the better option after the player you prefer is at fault for the goal. It is not definitive, its just one moment over a season after all...but nullifying my point haha, you cretin

Chairman Steve

I’m just counting the days until we buy a clinical striker. It’s a huge fecking ball and chain around our ankle with sacking No.7, suspending No.11 and having No.9 injured for at least half the season.

I swear you can put any half decent PL striker up front for us and we’d be seeing a lot more comprehensive wins.

Bwuk

I'd take Tierney from Arsenal.

We should let Shaw be first choice LB and Martinez back up.

Roboc7

A striker, a midfielder and a goalkeeper are all desperately needed for starting eleven. Another midfielder for the squad who is an improvement on Sabitzer, Fred, Mctominay and DVB is also a must. Even if all four of those had to go to bring in two midfielders it would be worth it.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
RB, a DM who can progress the ball (passing or carrying), a CM who can play 8/10 and ST who can press and stretch the pitch, who's a presence in the box. I imagine a CB as well if we sell Maguire or Lindelof.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If I have to pick my top 5:

ST (Kane or Osimhen) because we don’t have no 9.
CM (Mac Allister) because Eriksen has no stamina and McFred is shit.
DM (Lavia) because Casemiro is getting older hence we need to take care this man not to overplay him.
GK (Raya) because DDG contribution is awful, pass the ball to him is basically telling him to give the ball to opposition.

The 5th one will be right back to replace Bissaka because he’s just not good to play from the back and ten Hag needs his defense to be able to play from the back to retain possession or CB to replace Maguire whoever we can sell. If we can get both for replacement then it’s great.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Same as before really.

ST, CM CB (rotation for martinez or varane sell Maguire) and a GK, potentially a RB if budget allows

bucky

Tierney is absolutely miles ahead of Malacia & Dalot as a LB?
He's also incapable of playing the inverted full-back role. Making Martinez a backup to Shaw is a bizarre suggestion. And why would we want an inferior player on the left, when we have Shaw?!

Bwuk

He's also incapable of playing the inverted full-back role. Making Martinez a backup to Shaw is a bizarre suggestion. And why would we want an inferior player on the left, when we have Shaw?!
No that’s not what I said/meant.

Shaw and Martinez should both start. If Martinez is unavailable Shaw should be the LCB.

We need a stronger LB as back up/rotation in this scenario. I also don’t agree he couldn’t play as an inverted full back, not that we play that way anyway. He’s played CB multiple times, and when he was still at Celtic there was always a thought he’d end up in CM.

bucky

No that’s not what I said/meant.

Shaw and Martinez should both start. If Martinez is unavailable Shaw should be the LCB.

We need a stronger LB as back up/rotation in this scenario. I also don’t agree he couldn’t play as an inverted full back, not that we play that way anyway. He’s played CB multiple times, and when he was still at Celtic there was always a thought he’d end up in CM.
Misread your post then. Ask any Arsenal fan on here, why Tierney isn't playing more. He can't play full-back the way Arteta and ten Hag would want him to. We definitely use inverted full-backs. If anything we should sign a LCB.

Someone

Something
Two strikers, one starter and one back up.
Two midfielders. a 6 and an 8, and let them compete with the current group.
1 GK.
1 CB to replace Varane long term and cover for his injuries.

Get rid of Martial, Fred, Maguire, De Gea, and Mct.

croadyman

Updated priority list

ST
CM (controlling)
CDM (capable of playing 6/8)
GK
CB
RB
ST (backup)

So SEVEN players still needed for squad

croadyman

RB, a DM who can progress the ball (passing or carrying), a CM who can play 8/10 and ST who can press and stretch the pitch, who's a presence in the box. I imagine a CB as well if we sell Maguire or Lindelof.
Well Kane can't press to that extent

Woziak

We seriously need at least 6 or 7 players, United are limping their way to 4th place.,

We really need to have a squad that can get 85-90 points. The biggest problem right now is goals scored, we are miles away from what’s needed plus we need massive upgrades on Fred and a great player in Eriksen but he’s starting to fade. The CFW, the DM and the CM positions are key followed by another goal threat. Let’s start with who we get rid of ;

Players who must be sold or let go ;
H Maguire, D Henderson, E Bailey, A Telles, Fred, A Martial(Pay his contract up let him go on a free), DVB, M Greenwood* ( Swap him with R Leao plus £40m) , B Williams, A Elanga, I think we can get a max Of £100m in player sales.

Young Players who need a Loan ;
Hanibal, Charlie Savage, Z IQbal, Alvaro Fernandes , Charlie McCann, F Pellistri , K Mainoo,

Players we need to sign.
CFW. - Harry Kane or V Osimhen
DM/CM - Moses Caciedo or Adrien Rabiot
CM/8/10 - M Kudas or A Macalister
CB - Kim Min Jae or Bastoni
Striker - R Laeo or L Sane
GK - M Maignan or D Raya
RB - D DumFries or J Frimpong

This would probably cost £425m or £325m net maybe we try and get 4/5 in the summer and 2/3 in the winter providing we have new owners but only something like this makes us Challengers for big trophies again.

Last edited:

croadyman

We seriously need at least 6 or 7 players, United are limping their way to 4th place.,

We really need to have a squad that can get 85-90 points. The biggest problem right now is goals scored, we are miles away from what’s needed plus we need massive upgrades on Fred and a great player in Eriksen but he’s starting to fade. The CFW, the DM and the CM positions are key followed by another goal threat. Let’s start with who we get rid of ;

H Maguire, D Henderson, E Bailey, A Telles, Fred, A Martial(Pay his contract up let him go on a free), M Greenwood* ( Swap him with R Leao plus £40m) , B Williams, A Elanga, I think we can get a max Of £100m in player sales.

Hanibal, Charlie Savage, Z IQbal, Alvaro Fernandes , Charlie McCann, F Pellistri , K Mainoo,

Players we need to sign.
GK - M Maignan or D Raya

This would probably cost £425m or £325m net maybe we try and get 4/5 in the summer and 2/3 in the winter providing we have new owners but only something like this makes us Challengers for big trophies again.
Yeah and there is only one country who would fund that shopping spree. Which 4/5 positions are essential to be addressed and which 2 can we wait another window for

Adnan

Talent Spotter

H Maguire, D Henderson, E Bailey, A Telles, Fred, A Martial(Pay his contract up let him go on a free), M Greenwood* ( Swap him with R Leao plus £40m) , B Williams, A Elanga, I think we can get a max Of £100m in player sales.

Players we need to sign.
GK - M Maignan or D Raya

The team below is what I feel we should be working towards. Caicedo comes in as the inverted right fullback and also covers Casemiro aswell as playing in a two with him, which provides tactical flexibility for ten Hag. Antonio Silva from Benfica comes in as the longterm replacement for Varane. And eventhough it looks unlikely that we get de Jong, we live in hope.

It would take a few windows and the backing of a ambition new owner, but that is the type of players we need to target to elevate our play in the first phase of the build up, which in-turn would allow us to dominate games.

---‐---------------------Maignan--------------
Caicedo------A Silva-------Martinez-------Shaw--
-----------------de Jong------Casemiro---------------
------Antony----------Bruno-----------Rashford---------------------------------Osimhen--------

Last edited:

Woziak

Yeah and there is only one country who would fund that shopping spree. Which 4/5 positions are essential to be addressed and which 2 can we wait another window for
We need CF, DM, CM, CB, Back/Striker all in the summer and RB/GK in the winter. We really lack goals in this team. Bruno being moved all over the place and he can do better than 10 goal and 12 assists from 52 games. Sancho and Antony need to improve massively and while we’ve missed Garnaucho massively, Martial and Weghorst time at the club are done.

In the last decade, even with two 2nd place and one third place finishes, we’ve only scored over 70 PL goals once, that’s a travesty with the wage bill we have.

I thought ETH would fix this part of our game, we have scored what 48 goals in 31 games this season so we would have to score 3 per game to get to 70, that’s not good enough nowhere near. It’s why for me the priority is CFW, DM, back up 10/AM/CM, Quick rapid striker. We need another speed merchant like R Leao, L Sane or O Dembele.

Our 7 attacking options next season should be ; M Rashford, J Sancho, A Garnaucho, Antony, V Osimhen or H Kane, R Leao( I think they are looking at Greenwood to replace him, let’s do the deal) A Dialo and our 7 midfield options should be ; Bruno, Caciedo, Casemeiro, Eriksen, S Mctominay (HG), M Kudas and M Sabitzer. Now options like that in attack and midfield score goals.

Right now I’m looking at out bench and thinking if we need a goal where’s it coming from ?

Woziak

The team below is what I feel we should be working towards. Caicedo comes in as the inverted right fullback and also covers Casemiro aswell as playing in a two with him, which provides tactical flexibility for ten Hag. Antonio Silva from Benfica comes in as the longterm replacement for Varane. And eventhough it looks unlikely that we get de Jong, we live in hope.

It would take a few windows and the backing of a ambition new owner, but that is the type of players we need to target to elevate our play in the first phase of the build up, which in-turn would allow us to dominate games.

---‐---------------------Maignan--------------
Caicedo------A Silva-------Martinez-------Shaw--
-----------------de Jong------Casemiro---------------
------Antony----------Bruno-----------Rashford---------------------------------Osimhen--------
Tell me whose on the bench we are allowed 9 subs and can make 5 in any pl game who gets us a goal from the bench who creates a goal from the bench, who can shut down a game when we are 1 or 2-0 up and 25 mins to go?
Where’s the width from right FB how do we get the service to osimhen who relies on crosses.

croadyman

We need CF, DM, CM, CB, Back/Striker all in the summer and RB/GK in the winter. We really lack goals in this team. Bruno being moved all over the place and he can do better than 10 goal and 12 assists from 52 games. Sancho and Antony need to improve massively and while we’ve missed Garnaucho massively, Martial and Weghorst time at the club are done.

In the last decade, even with two 2nd place and one third place finishes, we’ve only scored over 70 PL goals once, that’s a travesty with the wage bill we have.

I thought ETH would fix this part of our game, we have scored what 48 goals in 31 games this season so we would have to score 3 per game to get to 70, that’s not good enough nowhere near. It’s why for me the priority is CFW, DM, back up 10/AM/CM, Quick rapid striker. We need another speed merchant like R Leao, L Sane or O Dembele.

Our 7 attacking options next season should be ; M Rashford, J Sancho, A Garnaucho, Antony, V Osimhen or H Kane, R Leao( I think they are looking at Greenwood to replace him, let’s do the deal) A Dialo and our 7 midfield options should be ; Bruno, Caciedo, Casemeiro, Eriksen, S Mctominay (HG), M Kudas and M Sabitzer. Now options like that in attack and midfield score goals.

Right now I’m looking at out bench and thinking if we need a goal where’s it coming from ?
Hate to burst bubble but even IF who cannot be named went to Milan there is no chance we get both Leao and Kane/Osimhen

Woziak

Well Kane can't press to that extent
We might need to be really smart in the market, let’s assume we have £270m max after we sell well for once and get £120m so we get creative in the transfer window ;

- GK M Maignan £45m + M Greenwood
- RB J Frimpong £25m
- CB KMJ £40m
- DM/CM A Rabiot Free
- AM/No10 M Kudas £40m
- CFW/No 10 H Kane £90m
- B/up Striker M Thurham Free
- A Fati £30m

Gross Spend of £270-Sales £120m Net Spend £150m would fans settle for this maybe not all our 1 targets but we use Free targets and clubs interest in Our players to make a huge move in transfer market.

Woziak

Hate to burst bubble but even IF who cannot be named went to Milan there is no chance we get both Leao and Kane/Osimhen
Yep we might pick up O Dembele or A Fati from Barcelona, we need goals, desperately in this squad, it’s hugely over reliant on Marcus Rashford. The squad needs 2 even M Thurham on a free makes sense, this team needs goals. Plus if Qatar win they’ll sign 3 strikers, a vanity signing like Neymar, one the coach wants and a young prospect.

croadyman

Yep we might pick up O Dembele or A Fati from Barcelona, we need goals, desperately in this squad, it’s hugely over reliant on Marcus Rashford. The squad needs 2 even M Thurham on a free makes sense, this team needs goals. Plus if Qatar win they’ll sign 3 strikers, a vanity signing like Neymar, one the coach wants and a young prospect.
Still don't see them signing 3 ST when we are crying out for GK,RB,CB,CM,DM, as well. I would like to see us show shrewdness and bring in two of N'dicka,Tielemans and Thuram in the summer

croadyman

How are those two fitness wise these days

Woziak

How are those two fitness wise these days
Probably miles better than Martial plus there more likely to let Raphina go whise also an option, Antony needs competition, A Dialo might not quite be ready just yet?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Tell me whose on the bench we are allowed 9 subs and can make 5 in any pl game who gets us a goal from the bench who creates a goal from the bench, who can shut down a game when we are 1 or 2-0 up and 25 mins to go?
Where’s the width from right FB how do we get the service to osimhen who relies on crosses.
It doesn't really matter who's on the bench because having a strong first 11 will take care of the bench. The most important thing is having a strong first 11, first and foremost. We can't effectively build play from the back with our starting players, so improving on those players by raising the technical level in the first 11 is of paramount importance.

The width will be provided by the system due to raising the technical level at the back, which will allow the team to play through the thirds and play in a high-line, which in-turn will allow us to overload the opponent's defensive third and have several players rotating positions on the right who will be able to provide width. So there will be crosses into the box, cut backs, through balls etc due to playing the game in the opponent's half, which will open up numerous attacking combinations due to the volume of players committed in the attacking third.

We can't do the above but our rivals can, hence those rivals have been successful at implementing a proactive attacking play style. And that's what we need to work towards imo.

croadyman

Probably miles better than Martial plus there more likely to let Raphina go whise also an option, Antony needs competition, A Dialo might not quite be ready just yet?
Yeah reckon we could get the Leeds version of him if he's given enough time in the team

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
  • Osimhen or Kane
  • Romeo Lavia
  • Backup GK
  • Younger CB to replace maguire
  • Possibly vanderson
I don't think we replace de Gea sadly. Vanderson only if we sell Wan Bissaka. Lavia to replace McTominay in the squad. The main 2 are the striker and then getting Lavia in, those are musts for me.

croadyman

• Osimhen or Kane
  • Romeo Lavia
  • Backup GK
  • Younger CB to replace maguire
  • Possibly vanderson
I don't think we replace de Gea sadly. Vanderson only if we sell Wan Bissaka. Lavia to replace McTominay in the squad. The main 2 are the striker and then getting Lavia in, those are musts for me.
Where is the progressive playmaker CM