What do we still need? Aka The never ending story

diarm

In Fergie's favourit format:

Shows RW, CM and CB are the problem areas still, along with LB looking more than a little raw.

ROFLUTION

Shows RW, CM and CB are the problem areas still, along with LB looking more than a little raw.
Isnt Laird Right Back?

Not on topic but think Fergie would have gone for Jimenez, possibly Traore too (still only 23)

Craig Ward

I wouldn't categorise Shaw as expendable. He's our 1st choice LB, despite Williams having a few good games.

Rashford is more LW than CF so that leaves our CF looking weakest along the front line.

Smalling and Sanchez should be on the expendable list, as should Pogba because he wants out.

Between the January window and the summer window i'd hope to see the following leave:
Smalling
Sanchez
Pogba
Jones
Rojo
Lingard

I also think for various reasons we will see Chong, Gomes and maybe TFM gone by the summer as well.

What do we need?
A lot in truth!

I'd like to see the club by the end of the summer window sign:
2x CM's
2x AM's
1x RW
1x CF
1x CB

Thats potentially 9 out and 7 in.......seems a lot over 2 windows, especially considering how historically poor we are in transfer dealings and there is 8 days left of the Jan window with no incomings....

CB Options: Ruben Diaz / Skriniar / Ake
CM Options: K.Phillips / Soumare / Van Der Beek / Winks / Tonali
RW Options: Sancho / Mertens
AM Options: Olmo / Fernandes / Maddison / Havertz
CF Options: Jovic / Dembele / Richarlison

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
While we're losing players to injuries and fatigue and dilly dallying on transfers, Newcastle have made a couple of January signings to try make the best out of the rest of the season.

We're a big club with a wee mentality.