What do you do when we lose a match?

Flytan

Lately since Ole's job's been questioned I come here to make sure I'm not losing my mind, but normally just brush it off and watch CFB/NFL if it's the weekend.

SAFMUTD

Get in redcafe let out all of my frustrations and after a couple of hours I keep on with my life.

Denis79

I avoid pundits and the sport sections, other than that I go on as I normally do.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'll answer for 99% of the cafe

Systematically abuse/set up mulitple threads abusing

All 11 who started and any subs
Ole
Phelan
Carrick and the bloke who looks a bit like P Nev next to him
The Glazers
Abuse a few players who haven't been near the pitch in months as a sign of how crap our policy is

Then start numerous threads about how much better than us Liverpool, City and Chelsea are than us in every single way.

Before triggering off 100s of transfer threads

And the it's the next game, so off we go again.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i’m pretty vanilla i guess. i just get the wife to dress as closely as she can to the opposition manager and peg me.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Go for a walk and let the disappointment vanish like a bad memory.

Bristol_Red_87

I remember when we lost 6-1 to Citeh..well, I say I remember...I stormed out when it went 5-1 and left my two apparently stunned mates in my flat by themselves.

When I got back an hour later, they had unsurprisingly left and I recall being further irked by the fact the flat had been left unlocked :lol:

Foxbatt

Tomorrow's match thread and the post match would be highly interesting to say the least. :D

Red00012

Turn off the tv , rant to my mates , turn on tv and ignore all sports until we play again

EtH

If nearly every poster in this thread doesn’t say “log into RedCafe and lose my shit” there are many, many liars here.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Nothing is happening I kinda expect us to lose now. Going to every game. No hard feelings. Post on Caf to show them irrelevant opinions.

Daengophile

I've normally done my yelling at the TV

Quick read of the Caf match day comments

Forget about it till the morning

Read the match reviews

LoneStar

Just rant it out on this forum and reddit. Try to avoid mates who support rival teams (easy with wfh). Try to avoid anything football related online for a couple of days.

Keyword is try. I might get sucked in if I'm bored though :lol:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Not gonna bother anymore. If you know how to block emotions you know what I'm talking about.

This is not a football club or any institution of that type, It's a bunch of stock market shares. There's absolutely nothing to root for...

nokoya

Luckily I didn't set any expectations on this match even if I do, it was very negative and I am afraid to watch this match so I didn't. Thankfully my Monday won't be too bad.

SirAnderson

While we didn't lose today, with top 4 all but gone really, it feels very much like any draw is a loss.

I can finally say that I have gotten over feeling terrible and it spoiling my weekend etc when we get a bad result.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
It was initially this :

Then this :

But now this :

MattJ166

Considering most of the games are on at around 3 am in the morning over here in Malaysia. I just go to bed in a mood, wake up at 6:30 Am and try to ignore it until I get into work and the South African Chelsea fan i work with comes scuttling over to get his jabs in. I'm pretty apathetic towards this team and considering how tired i usually am when we do lose i push it to the back of my mind.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I go for a drive (am a big petrolhead) and play with the kids. That keeps me distracted apart from work of course.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Considering most of the games are on at around 3 am in the morning over here in Malaysia. I just go to bed in a mood, wake up at 6:30 Am and try to ignore it until I get into work and the South African Chelsea fan i work with comes scuttling over to get his jabs in. I'm pretty apathetic towards this team and considering how tired i usually am when we do lose i push it to the back of my mind.
As an ex-Singaporean I know the feeling. Used to feel utterly betrayed after staying up most of the night to catch the football only to see an uninspiring performance. But that was in the 1990s when were actually challenging for top honours so I can only imagine the situation now!

AndySmith1990

Nothing. Losing doesn't affect my mood in the slightest anymore. There was a time when I'd spend days dwelling on even a draw, but now I just get on with my day and it's forgotten about almost immediately.

Eurotrash

Try to keep calm and comfort my son, who won't stop crying. Then we go out and kick a ball, that usually helps.

Last edited:

YzWayne

Under SAF : Rant and make everyone's life around me miserable
Under Moyes: In shock and believe things will change
Under LVG: Isolate myself from the world for the day
Under Jose: Rant at Jose negative management to all my peers
Under Ole: Didn't expect much, started to accept losing is a norm
Under Ragnick: Turn off the TV, back to watching Netflix

Al-T

When Sir Alex was manager, I'd be angry. And I knew he would be angry too. Next time we played, you could almost guarantee there would be a reaction.

Now, most of these players look like they can't even be arsed getting angry. The response won't be on the pitch, it will be platitudes on social media. So I can't be bothered getting angry any more.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Missed a lot of games this past year or so as I often work when we're playing now. Win, lose or draw I feel a lot less attached to United's fortunes. There's been times I haven't looked at the goals or highlights afterwards.

Doesn't bother me nearly as much as it once would when we lose.

Handsome Devil

Been supporting United through thick and thin since '66. Got to say I am in complete solidarity with our present team of sensitive gladiators. They don't seem too bothered about indifferent results so why should I anymore?
My anguish doesn't matter one iota it would seem so I just get on with life. :(