What do you hate about this World Cup ?

third3y3

First, apologies if there is a similar thread, please close this if need be.

Now, I am enjoying this world cup more than the previous one and granted it has been a high scoring tournament so far with some brilliant matches and goals. But there have also been some things that are starting to get on my nerves:

1) The obsession of marketing people to make USA like football more

It is annoying to hear american commentators narrate the game and I hate the overall vibe of the cable TV networks and awful coverage where they spend millions of dollars on trying to get more americans to play, watch, enjoy the game.

No one gives a shit. If and when USA wins the world cup, I hope it has a reverse effect of people abandoning the game.

2) The eye-candy shot while the ball is in play

Cameramen, yes I know you have been instructed to capture the hot chick with a nice rack and face into your lens but for ffs, don't switch the live shot to that chick while the ball is in play. It is annoying when the producer realizes the match has continued and he switches the live shot midplay.

3) The slow motion epidemic

The over use of slow motion shots is just bordering on being illegal. We don't need to see every reaction or action in slow motion. It devalues the epic'ness of slow motion when an actual amazing moment happens.

This has been going on for a few years and has to stop.

4) Over analysis of the stats

I blame America for this. Football is a simple game and I have noticed that the amount and types of stats presented today are unnecessary and make for some shitty punditry and news.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

Now, I am enjoying this world cup more than the previous one and granted it has been a high scoring tournament so far with some brilliant matches and goals. But there have also been some things that are starting to get on my nerves:

It is annoying to hear american commentators narrate the game and I hate the overall vibe of the cable TV networks and awful coverage where they spend millions of dollars on trying to get more americans to play, watch, enjoy the game.

No one gives a shit. If and when USA wins the world cup, I hope it has a reverse effect of people abandoning the game.

Cameramen, yes I know you have been instructed to capture the hot chick with a nice rack and face into your lens but for ffs, don't switch the live shot to that chick while the ball is in play. It is annoying when the producer realizes the match has continued and he switches the live shot midplay.

The over use of slow motion shots is just bordering on being illegal. We don't need to see every reaction or action in slow motion. It devalues the epic'ness of slow motion when an actual amazing moment happens.

I blame America for this. Football is a simple game and I have noticed that the amount and types of stats presented today are unnecessary and make for some shitty punditry and news.
GTFO.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me

Get a grip.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
The refereeing. Apart from that probably nothing, brilliant overall.

Mali_Zeus

This will end well. :lol:

On a more serious note, refereeing has been terrible, and those stories that brasilians will riot if their team goes out of the tournament....

And how can you hate a hot chick with a nice rack.... My god..

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)

It's unacceptable to hate this

Red Stone

Gayer.

But on topic: Luis Suarez and Greece, at least until they got taken care of. Nothing bad left in this World Cup now. It's worked out swimmingly.

Saxo

The massively undeserved Brazil circle-jerk. It's like the world just decided beforehand that the WC is Brazil's and they deserve to win it. The media has been fawning over them, the commentators have been actively rooting for them, and there's just this overwhelming pandering to the host nation despite their resoundingly average football and the fact that their golden boy is a disgusting little cnut who gets away with being one of the biggest cheats in the game and nobody even acknowledges it.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Touts have been ruining it for real fans. Mexico vs Netherlands had too many empty seats. Its a goldmine for thieves out there cashing in on tix.

Other than that, perfect so far.

JustinC00

Simple fix. Stop watching the American broadcasts of games, FFS.

But FYI the crowds shots and slow motion is the feed that FIFA gives to all the broadcasters. So go troll FIFA about that.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
The massively undeserved Brazil circle-jerk. It's like the world just decided beforehand that the WC is Brazil's and they deserve to win it. The media has been fawning over them, the commentators have been actively rooting for them, and there's just this overwhelming pandering to the host nation despite their resoundingly average football and the fact that their golden boy is a disgusting little cnut who gets away with being one of the biggest cheats in the game and nobody even acknowledges it.

...and the obvious FIFA bias in making sure they get out of the group. That first match was ridiculous.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Agree to a certain extent, though doing this with a host nation is not unusual. Seems like the press was all over France back at the time and hell even South Africa was glorified much more than it deserved but that kinda goes hand in hand with the nature of the WC. Having said that.. This is Brazil this time around... They seem to take that football is religion shit to a whole other level.

Kazi

Opening Ceremony. Was expecting a full-blown carnival.
Refereeing
Commentary (the arrogance/ignorance in particular)

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Agree to a certain extent, though doing this with a host nation is not unusual. Seems like the press was all over France back at the time and hell even South Africa was glorified much more than it deserved but that kinda goes hand in hand with the nature of the WC. Having said that.. This is Brazil this time around... They seem to take that football is religion shit to a whole other level.
Yeah, it's pretty much always like that. And Brazil come with an amount of hype no matter where the WC takes place. These days all manner of hype is more relentless than ever - it's like the media don't fully trust people to simply enjoy what is, after all, a pretty damn exciting thing for football fans: they have to convince you, at least once every five minutes, that this is the World Cup, the height of sports entertainment, don't do anything foolish like switch the channel.

It's artificial when the match is blatantly not very exciting and just plain silly and superfluous when it IS.

third3y3

Simple fix. Stop watching the American broadcasts of games, FFS.

But FYI the crowds shots and slow motion is the feed that FIFA gives to all the broadcasters. So go troll FIFA about that.
Yup, did that already. I am not trolling here fyi.

I try to watch online streams and I would rather watch a crappy quality video with good commentary instead of HD streams with shitty commentary.

clarkydaz

the cameraman finding fit girls is not new, and quite frankly is fecking awesome. Some of them, holy shit! :drool::drool::drool:

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I've never thought I'd say this but the hate on Greece irks me a bit. Maybe not the hate per se but double standards at best when it comes to rating their performance in Brazil. We saw Costa Rica defending deep with ten men and guess what - 'terrific spirit', 'totally deserved!'. Now the reactions after Greece earned a goal-less drawy against Japan (playing with ten men for roughly 60 minutes!) - 'anti-football', 'they're killing the game'.

The Greeks had one terrible game against Colombia, one well-earned draw against Japan and played good football against Ivory Coast. Deserved to go through. Then they met Costa Rica whom the played of the park for most of the game creating chance after chance. Guess what? 'Fully deserved win for Costa Rica', 'Glad that Greece feck off home'. The general consensus is that Greece kicked life out of football and all footie fans should be happy to see them beaten. It's as if most of the people had fixed views on their performances before the WC had kicked off. And for the record, I was one of those who bemoaned their qualification for the tourney just before it had started (in their group's threat).

They have been vomit inducing in the past and may continue to be so but they were far from the worst or most boring teams out there this time round.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
the cameraman finding fit girls is not new, and quite frankly is fecking awesome. Some of them, holy shit! :drool::drool::drool:
It's nothing new, that's true. Seems to be more pronounced this time around, though. I think the crowd shots are less annoying than the bench shots myself. Shoot the match, do the other thing when there's absolutely nothing going on. It ain't hard to find footage of fit birds these days and the bench shots are perfectly pointless in nine cases out of ten. Say what you will, it's a sign of the times: always underestimating the people who are watching and who are actually somewhat interested in what goes on in the match itself - and who, as such, don't need all kinds of filler shots to keep from falling asleep.

Hausen

WE NEED TECHNOLOGY ASAP. It's a must for crucial calls. Tired of bad officiating creating the outcomes for games.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I've never thought I'd say this but the hate on Greece irks me a bit. Maybe not the hate per se but double standards at best when it comes to rating their performance in Brazil. We saw Costa Rica defending deep with ten men and guess what - 'terrific spirit', 'totally deserved!'. Now the reactions after Greece earned a goal-less drawy against Japan (playing with ten men for roughly 60 minutes!) - 'anti-football', 'they're killing the game'.

The Greeks had one terrible game against Colombia, one well-earned draw against Japan and played good football against Ivory Coast. Deserved to go through. Then they met Costa Rica whom the played of the park for most of the game creating chance after chance. Guess what? 'Fully deserved win for Costa Rica', 'Glad that Greece feck off home'. The general consensus is that Greece kicked life out of football and all footie fans should be happy to see them beaten. It's as if most of the people had fixed views on their performances before the WC had kicked off. And for the record, I was one of those who bemoaned their qualification for the tourney just before it had started (in their group's threat).

They have been vomit inducing in the past and may continue to be so but they were far from the worst or most boring teams out there this time round.
I agree. But then the whole anti-football idea irks me to begin with. It takes all sorts. Enjoyed that match, actually - it had a proper World Cup feel to it: two regular sides, extra time, players hardly able to run in the end, tight penalty shootout to finish it. Great. And both sides contributed to that.

jgprime

How FIFA goes to great lengths with goal-line tech and focusing on stupid things like Suarez biting Chiellini when incompetent officiating has dearly influenced results in matches.

Saxo

The issue with Greece is that they've played that way for ages and don't seem to even want to be anything else.

CantonaGiggs1

You just had to find a way to create a thread in which you could criticize America,

The "American" narrators/commentators are not American. Ian Darke and Steve McManaman are not American last time I checked.

As for the eye candy shots, they have been doing that for the longest time and it has nothing to do with the U.S.

Slow motion: Nobody does slow motion overkill like the Spanish League, How is that America's fault?

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
You just had to find a way to create a thread in which you could criticize America,

The "American" narrators/commentators are not American. Ian Darke and Steve McManaman are not American last time I checked.

As for the eye candy shots, they have been doing that for the longest time and it has nothing to do with the U.S.

Slow motion: Nobody does slow motion overkill like the Spanish League, How is that America's fault?
Its tedious isnt it. Its a BS thread.

LoiusVanGaal

1) Adrian Chiles (just no, god no, why would anyone make this man a pundit??? he's awful and he knows less about football than my mum ffs!)

2) Roy Hodgson (for being an shite manager and taking us to our worst world cup showing EVER.)

3) USA (for getting further than us (sickening) and for not knowing what the sport is called but still acting like it matters to them)

other than these things it's been a great world cup though imo, great games, great performances, no vuvuzellas!

dsch

Darke and McManaman work with and for Americans.

And the other two things the OP didn't actually blame Americans for. Seems like there's a sensitive spot here, eh? (This is what is known as "projection.")

Darwin09

Theory of Thread Pollution
That it only lasts one month. It should last four years, with one month break between editions.