g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

What do you hate about this World Cup ?

Starryknight

Okay so not every decision but what about...

The soft penalty they got against Croatia? There's no way that was a penalty.

Neymar's elbow against Croatia? Any other player would have been sent off.

The treatment James got tonight? If that had been Neymar we would have seen the referee booking players left, right and centre.

Yepes' disallowed goal tonight? Still not sure why it was a free kick to Brazil, he was offside when the ball was played in but it hit Luiz first before falling to Yepes.

It's not a conspiracy theory, the referees are giving decisions Brazil's way, it's probably down to the pressure of the home crowd.

Yeah the ref didn't bottle giving a stone wall penalty to Columbia. Well done to him.

Can't believe this whole Yepes goal thing is being discussed. If he is offiside when the ball is played, then gains an advantage from initially being offisde, then he's ummmm you know...offiside! This kind of things happens every week in League football. Like when an attacker has a shot, goalkeeper saves it, rebounds to another attacker who was initially standing in an offiside position and knocks it in to the net.

In asking why the goal was disallowed, you basically explained why it was.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
It doesn't matter it hit Luiz. Luiz didn't pass the ball to Yepes, it just deflected out of him, offside stands

montpelier

I think if Luiz controls the ball, has a look around and then passes in Yepes (who has been offside all the time) <--- it's a different phase of play and doesn't matter, the attacker is onside because there is no pass from his own team essentially. That part of the play is disregarded/superseded by events.

An accidental deflection by a defender is not (the same thing) attacker needs to be onside when ball is last kicked by his team.

montpelier

anyway..,

Wrighty flying back was disappointing.

Jonathan Pearce seems to have gone mad.

The majority of pundits being not v good = Keown giving it large as an oracle of footy knowledge and arbiter of fair/sporting play which is ludicrous, obv

and Savage - there are no words to describe the terrible-ness of TheSav

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
You're blind or brazillian if you can't see the preferential treatment Brazil has gotten, they've been saved by shit refereeing multiple times this tournament. Every game they are in their favour and against Croatia and now, the refs made the difference in the result.
Deary, deary me. You know all the other people aren't saying preferential treatment they are just saying refs are bottling it in atmosphere. You're actually saying that bloody conspiracy theory. Preferential treatment :lol:

Why would you watch an event that you believe to be corrupt :lol:

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
clearly the bad referees. and the fifa who is responsible for that.
this should be the best football in the world. and then the referees are like that?
thx fifa but close youreself.

sharpiesdance

Turning messing into a deity and the belief that to keep the tournament going, Brazil have to win. Total bollox on both accounts

sharpiesdance

... and FIFA deciding that David Luiz is, so far, the player of the tournament. One of the poorest centre backs (when it comes to actually defending) of all time as far as i am concerned

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Deary, deary me. You know all the other people aren't saying preferential treatment they are just saying refs are bottling it in atmosphere. You're actually saying that bloody conspiracy theory. Preferential treatment :lol:

Why would you watch an event that you believe to be corrupt :lol:
I said before that it isn't corrupt and it's ridiculous to think so but the refs are on their side every game, should have just used different words... The refs are giving them all the decisions though because of them being at home.

Tomassonl

Supports
AFC Ajax, Netherlands, Ireland
From what I remember, after 20 minutes of good play from Brazil they started fouling the Colombians of which some quite harsh, as the cards stayed out, the Colombians did the same.
This eventually resulting in Neymar being out. Karma is a bitch.

Raul Madrid

Not sure if dislike is the word as it is what is making the world cup so unpredictable but its a pity that most teams only seem to have one or two good attacking players (except Germany) and that the quality of his tournament is lower than most tournaments of the past. We wont see a team as good as any of the recent winners like spain, brazil, Italy and france. While I am enjoying the tournament, I do not feel as if I am watching history being made or anything special.

SRV

Atmosphere in the stadiums (pretty sure that has been mentioned before). All booing, no cheering (at least in games without Brazilian participation).

Srpiniata

... and FIFA deciding that David Luiz is, so far, the player of the tournament. One of the poorest centre backs (when it comes to actually defending) of all time as far as i am concerned
But in all fairness he has been a better centre forward than Fred.

And as the worst thing in this WC its gotta be the refereeing, it has been terrible since match one, and it has had a hand in the result of way too many matches. FIFA should just allow more than one referee team per country, otherwise this is gonna happen again and again.

rollingstoned1

Too many teams lacking the cutting edge so far IMO to make the tournament interesting. That and the teams who have played defensively so far haven't tried to show enough intent to attack e.g Costa Rica. Don't see why so many feel this has been the best world cup.

Blodssvik

That time wasting is encouraged. No yellows are given for it and no time is added at the end. You just know there is a maximum of 5 minutes added even if Brazil celebrates their second goal for 2 minutes for example.

jaimoe

This has probably already been said but once the US was eliminated it lost a bit of interest for me though I have been watching anyway. The quality of football has been pretty damned good and illustrates the huge gulf between the US and the top clubs in talent and execution.
I am not surprised but am still very disappointed to see England bottle it so badly. I am 59 and I don't know if the US will challenge for a World Cup while I walk this planet but c'mon England!!

Last edited:

MarylandMUFan

That time wasting is encouraged. No yellows are given for it and no time is added at the end. You just know there is a maximum of 5 minutes added even if Brazil celebrates their second goal for 2 minutes for example.
I noticed that in Europe (C.L.) as well. Seems the refs don't go by the "minimum of x minutes" rule and blow the whistle right at the X:00 minute mark instead of counting for time wasting or stoppages during injury time.