What do you hate about this World Cup ?

beergod

I think the Brazilian crowds have been a bit shit. You would expect a party in the stands, but you get a bunch of empty seats, yellow shirts, and the "wave".

Nogbadthebad

Adrian fecking Chiles.

And ITV using people who can barely speak English to offer analysis in English on a football match.

I do not doubt Cannavarro's knowledge, he'd be great in an Italian language broadcast, but for fecks sake ITV, in a medium that requires lots of talking, cast people that can bloody speak in an understandable fashion. Mind you, Chiles is no better where the English language is concerned so it isnt surprising I suppose.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
"Awh Messi, awh so good, awh so great, AWWWWWW"
"Coach Klinsmann"
Referees
Lack of Ireland so I could have a proper excuse to get off my face on beer
Lack of Garth Crooks on the BBC stalking the England team outside their hotel
ITV
Phil Neville and his "insight"
Chiles
Chiles
Chiles
Chiles
And, Chiles

oriole

Women suddenly taking an interest in football and ruining every game with their silly, torrential comments! :mad:
- "oh, look at his tattoos/hair!"
- "oh no, such agressive conduct, that should not be allowed!"
- "and then people tell you sport is healthy..."
- "that Robben seems to be a good player..."
- and so on...

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Not sure I saw much better quality in 90 or 94. 98 had some heavyweights in it though.
Yeah I think Italy's 1990 defence is some distance ahead of anything on show here, and 1990 West Germany are a cut above anything we've seen so far, but equally the overall quality of the attacking football has improved.

decorativeed

The fact I can't watch any of it despite working at two football venues. By the time I finish work, I've missed most of the early match and I can only watch all of the late one if I want to be knackered all of the next day. Stupid new world.

red_devil83

The referees
The Brazilians singing their whole fecking anthem. It's shit with music. So shut the feck up. Pretentious twats.
The fact that it's keeping me up every bloody day. All these exciting finished have been seriously affecting my sleep
Phil Neville's first co-comm
ITV commentators pronouncing names wrong

2 Neville's

Chiles talking rubbish, Chiles and his awful jokes, Chiles and his flip flops...Adrian Chiles. Brazil being crowned champions elect by every pundit and his dog. Wilmots being considered a good manager for making obvious substitutions. Slow-mo's of players turning around or spouting a gob full of spit. Clarke Carlisle saying 'oh my days' when commentating on Cahill's beaut, you're on TV Clarke, get a grip. All in all, it's been a good world cup.

Last edited:

egginsoup

The Tim Howard "Secretary of Defence" shit that's been popping up everywhere this morning. Get over it. He conceded two goals for feck's sake.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Adrian Chiles and Mark Lawrenson. But they are very avoidable.

So far, this has been my favourite World Cup since USA 94. I've not disliked anything about it.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
The Tim Howard "Secretary of Defence" shit that's been popping up everywhere this morning. Get over it. He conceded two goals for feck's sake.
Here.... let me cut up your pork pie ...

Seriously though Martin O'Neill being incredibly sour about Louis Van Gaal and Holland overall on Saturday was about the closest I have gotten to hating anything about this world cup.

2 Neville's

I didn't see what. What was he saying?
Just saying that Van Gaal's system at the world cup didn't make him a great tactician and that he was playing in the same system when he was a player and how he implemented it when he was managing at club level.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I didn't see what. What was he saying?
In the build up there was a history bit about Dutch football and a short piece on Van Gaal that featured former players and journalists.

O'Neill took great exception to a Dutch journalist calling what Van Gaal was doing (formation etc.) "revolutionary" the implication being that it was revolutionary in a dutch sense as they are a nation who had always been very 4-3-3 centric. MON then cried about that saying that Van Gaal "didn't invent football" which no one claimed in the first place.

egginsoup

Calm down.
I've vented and now I feel all better. Like when I'm gassy.

In the build up there was a history bit about Dutch football and a short piece on Van Gaal that featured former players and journalists.

O'Neill took great exception to a Dutch journalist calling what Van Gaal was doing (formation etc.) "revolutionary" the implication being that it was revolutionary in a dutch sense as they are a nation who had always been very 4-3-3 centric. MON then cried about that saying that Van Gaal "didn't invent football" which no one claimed in the first place.
:lol: O'Neill has been great value this World Cup.

Momochiru

I love this World Cup and can't say there is anything I hate about it, however there are a few things that are annoying me:

1. Refereeing mistakes that completely turn the game around. It's nothing new, but FIFA's insistence to bring referees from all around the world is making it much worse. On the other hand I'm hoping that a big refereeing blunder in a high profile game will finally pave the way for more technology in the game.

2. Too many eye-candy shots. I'd like to drool over a fit girl as much as the next guy, but I'd rather have quality over quantity: 1-2 real stunners per game is enough. Right now it seems the camera man is focusing 90% of the crowd shots on anything female.

3. Terrible atmosphere from the neutral Brazilians. They wear Brazilian colours to any game like none of the other teams matter much. Too many empty seats. The jeering during the Germany vs Algeria was disgraceful - most of it coming from the Brazilian fans.

4. The fact that most Brazilians seem not to want the World Cup, or complain how much it costs and all the discussions about the money spent on the World Cup - it's a World Cup ffs, of course it costs a fortune to host! If they didn't want it, than they should've let some other nation host it. The whole image of the World Cup robbing the poor Brazilian kids is very misguided and damaging. The last time I checked Brazil is number one nation in the world for the last decade in reducing poverty - cut them some slack. This is a slow process and you can't expect a country to stop any other activity until all the poverty is eradicated.

5. Manaus - there is not a single reason why games should be played there.

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
Probably heat, I think it's been a poor quality World Cup because of it, hence the poorer nations competing and (sometimes) getting the better of the stronger nations.

Entertaining World Cup but poor quality.

Acole9

Outstanding
The referees
The Brazilians singing their whole fecking anthem. It's shit with music. So shut the feck up. Pretentious twats.
The fact that it's keeping me up every bloody day. All these exciting finished have been seriously affecting my sleep
Phil Neville's first co-comm
ITV commentators pronouncing names wrong
It was good in the first game, it seemed inspired but now it's just monotonous and orchestrated.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Women suddenly taking an interest in football and ruining every game with their silly, torrential comments! :mad:
- "oh, look at his tattoos/hair!"
- "oh no, such agressive conduct, that should not be allowed!"
- "and then people tell you sport is healthy..."
- "that Robben seems to be a good player..."
- and so on...
Robben is a good player. Well done on the massive generalisation by the way.

Firstouch20

I hate how they show goal line technology replays when the ball obviously didn't cross the line and in the process we hear the crowd erupt in anticipation and we don't know whats going on.

Twentythreeeleven

My main beef is there has been no consistency with simulation and players asking for other players to be booked like the last couple of world cups.

From my memory there hasn't been one yellow card for diving, even though there have been about two dozen incidents were play has been waved on by the ref after a blatent dive.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Probably heat, I think it's been a poor quality World Cup because of it, hence the poorer nations competing and (sometimes) getting the better of the stronger nations.

Entertaining World Cup but poor quality.
hahaha you just dont get it do you....... The technical abilities of the lesser nations has ben steadily improving over the last 20 years. Everyone can see it.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
The fact that streakers are never shown on camera. fecking FIFA and their pseudo political correctness or whatever their bullshit reason is. I want to see the naked people!

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
4. The fact that most Brazilians seem not to want the World Cup, or complain how much it costs and all the discussions about the money spent on the World Cup - it's a World Cup ffs, of course it costs a fortune to host! If they didn't want it, than they should've let some other nation host it. The whole image of the World Cup robbing the poor Brazilian kids is very misguided and damaging. The last time I checked Brazil is number one nation in the world for the last decade in reducing poverty - cut them some slack. This is a slow process and you can't expect a country to stop any other activity until all the poverty is eradicated.
You do know that people were 'asked' to leave their favelas or pay ridiculous money to be allowed to stay there? It was extremely horrendous money-wise for the lower-classes, surely you understand this? Or you simply think that a football-mad country would appeal against WC just for fun? Look at the crowds inside the stadia - that's only more affluent part of the Brazil's society.

Off all the reasons to hate this WC...

MarylandMUFan

I've really enjoyed this WC, but one thing that's making me grit my teeth is the amount of players trying the worldy shot from miles out. I'm going to put it down to excitement and not allow it to upset me further.
Well, with that rediculous ball they had in South Africa, those crazy shots actually had a chance to go in. Looks like FIFA got a better ball for Brazil.

oriole

Robben is a good player. Well done on the massive generalisation by the way.
Are you joking? That's the point... :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Well, fair enough I guess, this is a bitching-thread after all...