What does the exit from UCL mean for United?

togg

look...we are fecked this season. New players....all our old ones out..it was bound to happen. I trust in Fergie....he's been through this before. No we probably won't win anything this season..but feck me does he pull it out later...

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Worst thing about today, it gives City more of a reason to kick on with the league. I'm not saying I'd preferred for em to stay in it but I'm sure it would have affected their league performances.
Bolocks. They'll be gutted going out tonight when it looked like Villareal were going to do them a favour.

RK

If we play the same shite football as against Palace, I hope we get knocked out ASAP otherwise I'll be considering not renewing next year with this automatic cup bollocks. I don't mind the team losing, but not when we take the piss with the squad and football quality and I'm forced to pay £££ to put up with it.

It's been fecking embarrassing being a United fan this season. Stop it.

Cold_Boy

So Instead of improving after being raped by Barca twice, we have become even worse.

Really need to sign quality player.

What is Ferguson thinking?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
A reality check for many players hopefully.Yes the team and the players are good but it still take concentration, envy and tremendous work to achieve what has seemed like a routine process.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
One positive, this, IT'S OURS ! :D

Not yet, Man City are in there too. Those feckers! Is it going to be an all English final for the first time in the Europa League this season? This is of course assuming we don't get matched up against each other in the knockout rounds.

Cold_Boy

Its going to affect us financially and morale wise. Hope we pick ourselves up. No one would have guessed this would happen two weeks into the new campaign. When the draws came out, we had one of the easiest draws as well.
It dirctly means we will have even less money in the transfer market.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Not yet, Man City are in there too. Those feckers! Is it going to be an all English final for the first time in the Europa League this season? This is of course assuming we don't get matched up against each other in the knockout rounds.
If United plays like they did against Basel there is no way they'll reach the final.

stubie

It means getting rid of the dead wood that we have within the squad.

Too many average players at the club imo

Treble

The gap with Barcelona (and Real) got a lot bigger.

CR#7

the fecking forum we're in we won't make it outta the first pairing in the EL

sdb4884

It means we got punished for not buying players to improve the squad. We did buy yes but it was far from what was required. It also means its time to cut the remaining dead wood at seasons end; park, Evans, and others need to be moved on.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Our CL place next season are in danger. I'm not so sure we will finish top four if we continue to play this bad.

Loss of income and prestige.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
If we play the same shite football as against Palace, I hope we get knocked out ASAP otherwise I'll be considering not renewing next year with this automatic cup bollocks. I don't mind the team losing, but not when we take the piss with the squad and football quality and I'm forced to pay £££ to put up with it.

feck off.

Just feck off.

Man-United

Disaster for the club, as we spent quite much this summer and only for this to happen. I just hope Fergie will get some money to spend and we will be fine as usual.

CR#7

such a fecking shame money lost not making it to the final 16 and with the club United biggest in the world and we can't get outta the group stages fecking ell....

RDCR07

Really? Since August, its been shite? Who the feck were you watching? Scunthorpe?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Our CL place next season are in danger. I'm not so sure we will finish top four if we continue to play this bad.

Well make the top 4 easily. Our players can't be off form all season.

Siorac

It means the Europa League.

A massive financial loss and obviously none of us will have to go to the loo for weeks as the piss will be taken out of us constantly.

Still, at least we'll have plenty of United games to watch. Finishing 4th in 2005 was worse, now I know the feeling of finishing 3rd.

Number7

Ret's Slave
I want out of the Europa league.

Pisstake competition that will only distract us. I hope we play the kids and feck it off.

RDCR07

Man I can see what is happening when we exit the UCL.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Got what we deserved in terms of the way we've played in the group, got what we deserved in terms of our general performances since September.
Just a big lump of shiteness right now, it's very rare to have 7/8 players all so badly out of form, it defies logic.
The city defeat has drained the confidence in the side, that is clear as day, we're not Arsenal I don't understand why the mental strength has just fecking evaporated.
Because we lost so much of that at the end of last season with the mass exodus of so much dressing room experience. VDS, Scholes, JOS, Brown etc, thats a heck of a load of 'mental strength. Im not saying they should have stayed, each of them leaving was for the right reasons, but you just cant 'buy' experience. the much underrated JOS had played in excess of 60 CL games FFS!

How many times do Man United glory hunters need it drilled into them? We have NO divine right to win anything, you cant win every year (ask Real Madrid!), great teams last a max 4 year cycle (our last one ended last season) and we are a side in transition AND YET we also have a squad packed full of very promising youth, have a solid set of mature players and are just a signing or two short of the creation of another fearsome team.

I really don't mind going out ... we clearly did not deserve to go through and our new emerging side does not currently possess the know how how to play consistently as a team together, let alone mount a serious campaign in this years CL. Given I never had any expectation of a serious challange in this years CL, I dont feel too bad.

In many ways, its a good thing this has happened .... and hopefully a kind draw in the Europa cup can replace the Carling Cup loss as a way for the younger players to play in serious high intensity games, make their mistakes and learn from them ... The CL is too serious a competition for Smalling to be learning about co-ordination and understanding alongside Vidic (which led to the first Basle goal).

SAF and the squad now need to get this quickly out of their system, focus on what is now a huge FA cup 3rd round draw, keep ticking over with nicking narrow wins in the league until we can find some rhythm (which WILL COME with time) and sort out our horrendous injury problems.

We the fans need to encourage our young emerging team and for once just enjoy seeing them develop as a unit. Is that too much to ask a 'fan' to do or will this board be subjected to constant whinging and bollox?

PS: Not specifically aimed at Leroy the Red.

RDCR07

It is a little harsh that we only lost one game in our group and we still ended up going out of the UCL.

Ludens the Red

Because we lost so much of that at the end of last season with the mass exodus of so much dressing room experience. VDS, Scholes, JOS, Brown etc, thats a heck of a load of 'mental strength. Im not saying they should have stayed, each of them leaving was for the right reasons, but you just cant 'buy' experience. the much underrated JOS had played in excess of 60 CL games FFS!

How many times do Man United glory hunters need it drilled into them? We have NO divine right to win anything, you cant win every year (ask Real Madrid!), wgreat teams last a max 4 year cycle (our last one ended last season) and we are a side in transition AND YET we also have a squad packed full of very promising youth, have a solid set of mature players and are just a signing or two short of the creation of another fearsome team.

I really don't mind going out ... we clearly did not deserve to go through and our new emerging side does not currently possess the know how how to play consistently as a team together, let alone mount a serious campaign in this years CL. Given I never had any expectation of a serious challange in this years CL, I dont feel too bad.

The CL is to serious a competition for Smalling to be learning about co-ordination and understanding alongside Vidic (which led to the first Basle goal). In some ways, its a good thing this has happened .... and hopefully a kind draw in the Europa cup can replace the Carling Cup loss as a way for the younger players to play in serious high intensity games, make their mistakes and learn from them.

SAF and the squad now need to get this quickly out of their system, focus on what is now a huge FA cup 3rd round draw, keep ticking over with nicking narrow wins in the league until we can find some rhythm (which WILL COME with time) and sort out our horrendous injury problems.

We the fans need to encourage our young emerging team and for once just enjoy seeing them develop as a unit. Is that too much to ask a 'fan' to do or will this board be subjected to constant whinging and bollox?

PS: Not specifically aimed at Leroy the Red.
That's one hell of a "Top Red" speech :lol:

No but yeah you make good points but I expect more leadership from Rio and Wayne, we've still got Vidic and Giggs too.
The colossal drop in confidence since the city game is seriously worrying though, its very Arsenalesque. Surely you see that?