What is Luis Suarez worth?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
No doubting his brilliance. Absolutely blinding player at the top of his game at the moment. After those two strikes I reckon the big clubs (sorry Liverpool) are going to throw money at him to get him this summer.

wish he was a little bit more respectful to England and it's people, where he has been afforded the opportunity to earn vast sums of money because of the very wealthy state of our football. Sure he has had his critics, but mainly on things have has brought about himself, some of which he has recently admitted to in some articles.
Those were for show, he clearly feels being harshly criticized and treated by the media in England.

togg

Those were for show, he clearly feels being harshly criticized and treated by the media in England.
perhaps, although I think it's also fair to say that most of the criticism has been born from actions of his own doing - I mean alledged racism, biting a players arm and his habitual diving, something Young has been lambasted for to, are not things that would be ignored by hungry journo's. However, for all the media criticism, I don't think any journalist has not praised his talent, ability and brilliance as a player - and that, at the end of the day, is what is most important.

mcGonigle

"The captain, the heart and soul of Chelsea F
That's true but having trained and played together all season, I'd have hoped for a bit more fluidity between Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling and Sturridge.

Gerrard was sh1t for both games.. And Rooney gets made the scapegoat? I was looking at ssn this morning and some journalist saying that because Woy moved Sterling to the wing to accomodate Rooney that England lacking something..

An assist from the wing against Italy, a goal when playing centrally.. I know where Id have have Rooney.. Damned if you do and damned if you dont eh??

I know he wont but I think Rooney should walk away, its classic media "build 'em up and knock 'em down" going on there.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I don't even think he had that good of a game. Two very good goals, but I thought he struggled on the ball a few times. But to be fair, I think that Uruguay team is dire and it's not like the attackers get much service. He's also coming back from injury and probably hasn't reached top fitness yet.

Anyway, carrying on his trend of scoring against mediocre opposition. :)

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Meanwhile in Spain

En su última renovación con el Liverpool, en diciembre pasado,Suárezfirmó hasta 2018 y una cláusula liberatoria de 85 millones de euros, que se rebaja notablemente -unos 20 millones- cuando es el Barça o el Real Madrid el que llama a su puerta, como es el caso. El fuerte interés 'red' por el azulgranaAlexis Sánchezes una clave determinante que juega en favor del Barça, como explicamos en estas mismas páginas.
So they reckon Barca (and Real) can get him at a big discount according to his contract, and Liverpool want Sanchez as part of the deal...

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Complaining about being harshly criticised? He's a violent racist cheat, people like him deserve all the stick they get.

Doesn't take away the fact that he's a world class striker though. He will tear la liga up next season.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Neither Liverpool nor Uruguay are great sides. Once he does get to play in one, his attitude is the only thing that can stop him from genuinely being seen as up there with Messi and Ronaldo.

cnut.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Neither Liverpool nor Uruguay are great sides. Once he does get to play in one, his attitude is the only thing that can stop him from genuinely being seen as up there with Messi and Ronaldo.

cnut.
He really has wasted his career in a way. Going 28 and he has only played in the CL once with Ajax.

Manucho the boss

well, if he moves this summer, he'll have a good three or four years to put that right. Stay at Liverpool and he won't....
I can see him giving it one more year at Anfield to see if they can win the League or Champions League.

It's highly unlikely they can maintain their level of improvement as achieving 84 points up from 61 the previous season is staggering. Suarez is good enough to be the star in any team but I suspect he knows its between Liverpool and Atletico as the form teams in Europe, so he might see just how far they can keep improving.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Again, if you have so many problems about Redcafe and the thinking about Suarez, why don't you simply feck off from this place?

Every other post of yours is something about this only.
Fair enough. I do enjoy RedCaf but also believe that I am allowed to point out the fact that many many posters obsess over Suarez's potential transfer away from Liverpool - even resorting to posting stories from the tabloid Spanish media which is often no more reliable than the Daily Star. Suarez scores two last night and he's now linked with Barca?

By way of a peace offering, may I say I love Arrested Development!

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
So they reckon Barca (and Real) can get him at a big discount according to his contract, and Liverpool want Sanchez as part of the deal...
I'd take pool getting Sanchez if Suarez left. Just get him out of there, for the love of god.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Fair enough. I do enjoy RedCaf but also believe that I am allowed to point out the fact that many many posters obsess over Suarez's potential transfer away from Liverpool - even resorting to posting stories from the tabloid Spanish media which is often no more reliable than the Daily Star. Suarez scores two last night and he's now linked with Barca?

By way of a peace offering, may I say I love Arrested Development!
People will post stories here from any source. It's the transfer season. Most of us will ofcourse like to see Suarez leave Liverpool as he's a bloody fantastic player but no-one is making up stories about him going away. MD which primarily covers Barcelona had him on his front page today, ofcourse it was gonna get discussed here!

It was the same with Real's chase for Ronaldo or our chase for Thiago last season. If there's anything in the foreign media or domestic media, then it'll get posted regardless of it's reliability.

Also everybody loves AD!

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Again, if you have so many problems about Redcafe and the thinking about Suarez, why don't you simply feck off from this place?

Every other post of yours is something about this only.
I for one support pointing out the wishful thinking. It's getting desperate.

And I hated Arrested Development when netflix made it.

Cina

A Barca fan I know who's part of the supporters club reckons it's just a big rouse by the club to calm fans down who've been really pissed off at the transfer activity so far.

Sounds familiar...

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
A Barca fan I know who's part of the supporters club reckons it's just a big rouse by the club to calm fans down who've been really pissed off at the transfer activity so far.

Sounds familiar...
Are season tickets going on sale there by any chance?