What is wrong with our attacking players?

TomSkalle

Mind you we only scored 68 goals in the league that season despite having those attacking options including Rooney but it was also built on one of the strongest defences in the clubs history to make up for it.
Well i could have mentioned the whole team player for player to point out that its not difficult to see the difference.
I also sincerly doubt we only scored 68 goals in several seasons with that lineup, but that wasnt my point either.

Look at what we have in this team compared to good the years with other United teams, and its not even comparable. Even the subs was better than a few of the players playing every week nowadays.
This United team in tearms of player quality and actual teamplay is horrible.

If i can see it, howcome Ten Hag and people actually paid to run this fotball club cant see it?

I wont judge Ten Hag yet, because with all the injuries, and the somewhat ragtag squad he has inherited, its really hard.
But he is not innocent either, because he has bought a player thats not needed (Mount) and a player thats just not good enough. (Anthony)
Before somebody comments "not needed" i say that because Eriksen Should play 10 the few times Bruno doesnt, and we could have used those money on other players, in other positions. (IMO)

Either way, the last match against Copenhagen was just more of the same.
We see a team that struggle against teams laying low, and again its random if we win or not.

Not sure what to say really, besides that this team is years away from anything.

RuudTom83

Including Garnaco, Pellistri, Antony, Martial in those stats is a bit unfair as they haven’t started many games for different reasons.

Hojlund is 20 years old and in his first season in England.

The main issue is Rashford the 30 goals he scored last season are completely dried up.

Putting all the hope on Rashford was incredible dumb, but what can you say about the owners that hasn’t been said already.

stepic

Rashford and Antony are not good enough for a title winning squad. And Rasmus is still a kid. Bruno plays in a now extinct position in modern football.

Lee565

It seems like rashford and bruno get most of the stick but the attacking signing under ten hag have been dreadful, Antony, Mount, weghorst and hojlund, that is a lot of money potentially down the drain

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Why don’t we play a right footed player on the right and a left footer on the left? It has worked before.

honirelandboy

Every forward constantly has three defenders or midfielders on them from the opposition and are running into walls where no player for any club could do anything about. Quicker transition play is needed between the full backs including midfield to create space for the wingers and striker. Without this you are at nothing. With Arsenal you constantly see Zinchenko and White and city players dragging full backs out of position.

RedDevilQuebecois

Why don’t we play a right footed player on the right and a left footer on the left? It has worked before.
This. I just loathe the concept of inverted wingers as a whole, especially when we have a striker who looks like the part.

Even Pep ditched inverted wingers.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Football is in reality a simple game. You need a solid base which in turn allow players upfront to truly express themselves with zero worries that one mistake will lead to opponents scoring goals from a counter. United essentially lack the former which impacts the latter. To make matters worse Hojlund is hardly a Shearer or a Haaland. He isn't able to score 1 goal out of 1.5 chances. That means that we need to create more chances which we currently can't do.

United's decisions in the past years were shocking.

a- Signing Varane and Casemiro was stupid. One is injury prone and the other one was old. No one should spend so much money on a 30 year old DM. That was on top of a central midfield whose already relatively old ( Fred and Eriksen) and shit (McT)

b- We couldn't be arsed to analyse whether we need a player before signing him. Mount is a luxury signing just as VDB and Mata were. I don't understand this obsession with no 10s. We frigging have 4 of them at the moment (Mount, Eriksen, VDB and Bruno)

e- We can't be arsed checking if players have the right attitude to play for a top club. Its evident from recent information that Sancho isn't cut to play at a club were its expected to perform on a day to day basis. He's decent for a club were games happen to slot between FIFA video game tournaments but don't ask things like giving his 100% in every training session etc.

d- We can't be arsed keeping our youths in line. Morrison, Lingard, Pogba and Greenwood all had attitude problems. Rashford tend to show up a year before his contract expires only to go into mediocrity once again.

e- We pay stupid money for fees and salaries. Casemiro, Jadon, and Antony's deals were stupid.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Football is in reality a simple game. You need a solid base which in turn allow players upfront to truly express themselves with zero worries that one mistake will lead to opponents scoring goals from a counter. United essentially lack the former which impacts the latter.
I do generally agree, but I am not sure if it really impacts the players as you describe. I rather see the front players lose the ball all the time through risky actions, that leads to lots of counter attacks against United. So the attackers do try despite not having this solid base behind them.

Lentwood

Its obvious to me.

Bruno - he's not that good
Rashford - he's not that good.
Holjund - a kid
Martial - garbage
Garnacho - a kid
Antony - garbage
Mount - too new
I don't accept that it's because we don't have quality.

I watched Newcastle vs Dortmund last night. Newcastle looked absolutely diabolical. Couldn't string three passes together. Much-hyped players like Bruno G. made several basic mistakes. Somehow they have no trouble scoring goals in the PL though.

Likewise Villa, decent unit, few reasonable individuals, but I just don't accept they have better attackers than us. Again, no problem scoring goals.

Bruno is the main man for Portugal and contributes plenty of goals/assists. Antony is a regular for Brazil. Rashford is a regular for England and has a good goals/assists record recently. Eriksen and Hojlind are both starters for a good Danish side. Even McTominay is a goal-machine for Scotland!

We can go back and forth about exactly how good they are or are not, but I refuse to believe they are 'poor' and that's the reason we can't score goals. Other clubs with far less talent manage to do it without issue.

EireRed_GS

Really think Hojlund could turn out to be a top top striker, providing we dont just waste / ruin him for the next few seasons with zero service.

As it currently stands we have two other forward players who have no real interest in feeding him any decent balls. Rashford who these days just tries to walk the ball into the 6 yard box just to cannon it off the closest defender. And then theres Antony.... quite possibly the most predictable player around today. Everyone has figured out his gameplan, too easy to cancel out.

We could really do with a wide player or two that can provide for the forwards, be that a nice through ball or whipping in crosses. (something in the mould of 06/07 giggs, just sitting wide and picked his passes) Mount seems to be an ideal type of player for this in the meantime as he also has the pace, would love to see him given a go there.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I do generally agree, but I am not sure if it really impacts the players as you describe. I rather see the front players lose the ball all the time through risky actions, that leads to lots of counter attacks against United. So the attackers do try despite not having this solid base behind them.
the more focus is made in not taking mistakes the higher the risk of making them. Let's face it, we're hardly a team who value ball possession highly. Rashford, Antony and Bruno are the most selfish players I've ever seen. A prime Roy Keane would probably have their career ended by January.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
the more focus is made in not taking mistakes the higher the risk of making them.
In general I agree but...
Let's face it, we're hardly a team who value ball possession highly. Rashford, Antony and Bruno are the most selfish players I've ever seen.
This is kind of my point - it does not look like they try to prevent making mistakes or losing the ball.

We see an attack that is producing a lot of lost balls by design (everybody knows that, it has been this way for years and it won't change while fielding these players) but that isn't accompanied by a working system how to recover these lost balls.

Maybe one can compare this attack with Klopp's prime Dortmund, that team had an extreme focus on counter-pressing (meaning they attacked while keeping a defensive structure - it wasn't the best at attacking, but it could deal with losing the ball all the time without problems). This structure is what is lacking in this disjointed team.

troylocker

I can solve this mystery.

Spot the odd one out.

Shots in the PL
1. Haaland - 34 shots 9 goals
2. Rashford - 33 shots 1 goal.
3. Salah - 30 shots 7 goals.
A bit unfair to include the penalties of the other two and leave out the stats of Rash's teammates, but yeah. It's been bad!

Non penalty shots conversion this season and last season:

Rashford:
23/24 - 33 shots and 1 goal (3%)
22/23 - 108 shots and 17 goals (16%)

Haaland:
23/24 - 34 shots and 8 goal (24%)
22/23 - 123 shots and 29 goals (24%)

Salah:
23/24 - 125 shots and 17 goal (14%)
22/23 - 30 shots and 4 goals (13%)

Bruno:
23/24 - 27 shots and 1 goal (4%)
22/23 - 92 shots and 6 goals (7%)

Antony:
23/24 - 16 shots and 0 goal (0%)
22/23 - 72 shots and 4 goals (6%)

Hojlund:
23/24 - 11 shots and 0 goals (0%)
22/23 (Atalanta) - 54 shots and 9 goals (17%)

Garnacho:
23/24 - 13 shots and 0 goal (0%)
22/23 - 24 shots and 3 goals (13%)

Bruno, Rashford, Garnacho, Antony, Pellistri, Mount, Hojlund and Martial have scored a total of 2 non penalty goals from 9,38 xG so far this season. Mindblowingly bad.
The only good thing about it, is that it is unsustainably bad.

Antony should should have his finishing permit withdrawn though, at least until he learns to hit the ball with at least a little bit of power - It shouldn't be allowed to attempt to pass the ball into the top bin from outside the box, ever.
Luckily for us City have the left wing version of the same player in Doku, with the same frustrating lack of ability to make good choices (only with better dribbling and pace).
A few nights lately I've waken up screaming after having a nightmare about being striker in a team with Antony and Doku on the flanks....

EireRed_GS

I can solve this mystery.

Spot the odd one out.

Shots in the PL
1. Haaland - 34 shots 9 goals
2. Rashford - 33 shots 1 goal.
3. Salah - 30 shots 7 goals.
Id say over 50% of Rashford's shots there were prob smashed into the closest defending player

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
A bit unfair to include the penalties of the other two and leave out the stats of Rash's teammates, but yeah. It's been bad!

Rashford:

Haaland:

Salah:

Bruno:

Antony:

Hojlund:

Garnacho:

Bruno, Rashford, Garnacho, Antony, Pellistri, Mount, Hojlund and Martial have scored a total of 2 non penalty goals from 9,38 xG so far this season. Mindblowingly bad.

Antony should should have his finishing permit withdrawn though, at least until he learns to hit the ball with at least a little bit of power - It shouldn't be allowed to attempt to pass the ball into the top bin from outside the box, ever.
Luckily for us City have the left wing version of the same player in Doku, with the same frustrating lack of ability to make good choices (only with better dribbling and pace).
A few nights lately I've waken up screaming after having a nightmare about being striker in a team with Antony and Doku on the flanks....
Looking at those stats we understand how bad our attacking play really is, not that we didn't know that already. We have no game plan or style of play whatsoever. Our players only shoot from all over the pitch because there is nothing else they can do to score. The marvelous tactic of "give the ball to Rashford and hope for the best", from last season, doesn't work anymore.

georgipep

Rashford:

Haaland:

Salah:

Bruno:

Antony:

Hojlund:

Garnacho:

While Hojlund hasn't scored in the PL, he has scored 3 in the CL.

Also, Antony is not the one who is on the end of most of our chances. I do like that Rashford is still getting in those positions but his lack of confidence is staggering. He is also still very much running into dead-ends when dribbling and that poor decision making will always be a problem.

I don't think he'd play for a Real Madrid or a Bayern Munich, to be honest.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
While Hojlund hasn't scored in the PL, he has scored 3 in the CL.

Also, Antony is not the one who is on the end of most of our chances. I do like that Rashford is still getting in those positions but his lack of confidence is staggering. He is also still very much running into dead-ends when dribbling and that poor decision making will always be a problem.

I don't think he'd play for a Real Madrid or a Bayern Munich, to be honest.
Definitely not in his current form. But Bayern could field Sane, Gnabry, Coman, Davies or Musiala on LW, depending on if they want an inverted player or not. Who can play there for United? It's just a huge gap in quality.

acnumber9

Really think Hojlund could turn out to be a top top striker, providing we dont just waste / ruin him for the next few seasons with zero service.

As it currently stands we have two other forward players who have no real interest in feeding him any decent balls. Rashford who these days just tries to walk the ball into the 6 yard box just to cannon it off the closest defender. And then theres Antony.... quite possibly the most predictable player around today. Everyone has figured out his gameplan, too easy to cancel out.

We could really do with a wide player or two that can provide for the forwards, be that a nice through ball or whipping in crosses. (something in the mould of 06/07 giggs, just sitting wide and picked his passes) Mount seems to be an ideal type of player for this in the meantime as he also has the pace, would love to see him given a go there.
Hojlund has missed 6 big chances in the Premier League per https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/big_chance_missed.

He’s obviously still young and we can expect him to improve and it’s always positive for a player to be able to get chances, but he is clearly getting enough service currently.

We’re playing in a different fashion and I think it’s noticeable that Rashford is playing more like a traditional winger than he was last season. The whole team has suffered from the lack of proper full backs and playing mind bogglingly stupid midfields. It’s not just the attackers.

Baxquux

Hojlund has missed 6 big chances in the Premier League per https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/big_chance_missed.

He’s obviously still young and we can expect him to improve and it’s always positive for a player to be able to get chances, but he is clearly getting enough service currently.

We’re playing in a different fashion and I think it’s noticeable that Rashford is playing more like a traditional winger than he was last season. The whole team has suffered from the lack of proper full backs and playing mind bogglingly stupid midfields. It’s not just the attackers.
At least three of those were brilliant saves/anticipations by the respective keepers, and another was his (ostensibly clear) shot on target, following keeper error but that he still had to hit first time and from outside the box. I agree that he needs to work more on finishing, but these aren't shots skewed wide from 6 yards following an excellent cross. If Rashford was more 'on it' and had kept the ball in before crossing (it was 2-3cm on VAR) Hojlund would be off the mark anyway.

acnumber9

At least three of those were brilliant saves/anticipations by the respective keepers, and another was his (ostensibly clear) shot on target, following keeper error but that he still had to hit first time and from outside the box. I agree that he needs to work more on finishing, but these aren't shots skewed wide from 6 yards following an excellent cross. If Rashford was more 'on it' and had kept the ball in before crossing (it was 2-3cm on VAR) Hojlund would be off the mark anyway.
They may well have been but every striker in the league will come up against good goal keeping too. I don’t say it to criticise him. He’s looked promising but the idea he’s not getting chances isn’t true. Rashford has set up two of his three goals, one from an excellent cross. He is trying to find him. A big part of the problem is that teams know we have no threat on the right and adjust accordingly. More threat on that side will create more space for others.

georgipep

Definitely not in his current form. But Bayern could field Sane, Gnabry, Coman, Davies or Musiala on LW, depending on if they want an inverted player or not. Who can play there for United? It's just a huge gap in quality.
No argument there. We lack depth and options. Garnacho is a very similar type of forward but even he has better decision-making than Rashford.

On the right, it's even sadder state with only Antony being a viable option. Pellistri, unfortunately, I don't think has the necessary skills and is a huge downgrade when he has to fill. I'd much rather we use him as a 70-minute sub, running against tired legs only.

Lee565

Our squad building has not been well thought again under ten hag, we have brought an out and out striker in hojlund and paired him up front with an inverted striker in rashford and on the other side an inverted winger that barely makes an assist all season.

grahamo

What is wrong with Our attacking players? Lack of confidence, lack of intelligence (they don't seem like the brightest bunch of young men considering the trouble they get themselves into) and most of all a lack of passion and zeal (Especially Martial who strolls around like He couldn't give a s&$t! ) At the minute these lads couldn't score in a brothel and its simply not good enough!

Son

Truth is apart from Bruno and Rashford none of those players are even remotely world class. We just happened to spend incredible sums of cash on them which is our fault not theirs.

Hojlund shows glimpses but again that came against a Turkish side so hardly tearing it up.

I’d argue at current level most are mid table players out of those realistically.

AndySmith1990

Truth is apart from Bruno and Rashford none of those players are even remotely world class. We just happened to spend incredible sums of cash on them which is our fault not theirs.

Hojlund shows glimpses but again that came against a Turkish side so hardly tearing it up.

I’d argue at current level most are mid table players out of those realistically.
Rashford and Bruno aren't close to world class either

Kellyiom

Yeah, I've written before that ETH's reputation is grossly inflated due to a UCL run five years ago.

That run was based on his team beating a Madrid team due to two or three of the best individual player performances in recent memory (Tadic 10/10 L'EQUIPE).

Everyone forgets they dumped themselves out against Spurs (fecking Spurs) by concerning 3 goals in 45 mins.

Outside of that, their UCL record was poor, ended up in the Europa League, got dumped out by small teams and generally struggled.

I don't think his ethos works, he can't control a game and he has that horrible Dutch coach trait of always focusing on Dutch players/Dutch league players.

Bought:

Antony
Malacia
Martinez
Amrabat
Onana

He also wanted Alvarez, De Jong, Timber.

Only two of those players is decent enough (FDJ and Martinez) and even then I'm not convinced on them both in reality.

He actually reminds me of LvG to an extent in that, the players look like they're instructed to only go into certain zones, lack any major creativity and if we concede we struggle. It's all to formulaic.
I'm always reluctant to crit the manager, especially knowing the magnitude of the job but I'm starting to think ETH might not be what we need. And the Eredivisie thing is odd; Mount as well played there for Vitesse.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Really quite simple, ETH needs to ask benny McCarthy what’s he’s doing as a striker coach because the goals have not improved since he become the striking coach, accountability starts at that point and then the manager, who is rapidly losing his support with such drab football.

I genuinely think Hojlund will struggle to get double figures in the PL, it’s not all on him but if you can’t hit the target against the bottom team your going to struggle 6 games no goals, right now if Antony martial is fit he should be playing and Hojlund coming from the bench against tired defenders where he has less pressure to score. He will struggle to cope with mounting pressure if he goes 10 or 11 games without a PL goal, the media will be out for him, another United waste of money , I fear for him?

We had no reason to spend £64m rising to £75m for a player that had not scored double figures in any of the top 5 Leagues.

Right now, if I was John Murtourgh and ETH I would be very worried if the rumours of Paul Mitchell are true, this crazy spending for the sake of spending has to stop and a team like United with a wage bill of nearly £300m must be able to find much better striker options for the squad positions than the following options available ;

M Rashford/ Age 26 low on confidence but good every other season so from a 5 season contract of £75-85 million cost to the club you might get 50-55 goals as an average or 10-11 per year and 5-6 assists

A Martial / Age 28 highly injury prone, sulks when he doesn’t play and his numbers are less than Rashfords You might get 15 PL games a season and 5 goals and 5 assists but then he sulks cause he’s on the bench!

Antony who is the biggest waste of money ever in the PL, the fact that ETH gave him a contract of £10m per year when he earned £25k per week at AJAX is a serious bout of nepotism that needs someone higher up than the manager losing their job for this travesty of mismanagement.
He’s going to play 25 games max, off field issues we knew about and still signed for someone who offers absolutely nothing in the PL at best 5 goals and 1 or 2 assists. We overpaid by £50m

Bruno who is are captain, on his day is a fantastic player, however it looks like the dross around him are dragging him down to their levels, his pass completion can be barely above 70% this season and he’s not hitting the net either at best with pens 8 goals and maybe 12 assists.

A Garnaucho - a wonderful talent but he should be kicking on this season and looking for double figures, unlucky so far but has £100m release clause in his contract which is a first for us and in itself hugely concerning?

Facundo Pellistri - Has the talent but he’s never going to make it in the physical PL, this guy will never get you 15 goals 10 assists in the PL so we should sell and upgrade.

Mason Mount - if you could chose the one English Attacking player from a very talented group right now who you should not buy , it would be Mason Mount, low on confidence, wants to play in a position that’s occupied by a better player and we gave him a £250k per week contract and spent £55m on him with 12. Months left on his contract!
Again if he get 5 goals this season I’ll be amazed. We overpaid by £20m

R Hojlund - A young kid with potential, quick strong but raw. Never scored double figures in any of the top 5 leagues, we overpaid by £35m again and if he ends up with 7 PL goals from this point that will be a huge upgrade on Weghorst

And finally we come to the Crown Jewels of the United squad;
Jadon Sancho won’t play, won’t turn up on time to train but happy to collect £350k per week and swan off on loan to Dortmund while we pay half his wages.

Seriously enough is enough, again we overpaid by £30m and this guy has no pace for a league that demands pace and intensity he’s had 2 and half years, maximum he’s produced is 5/6 goals 4 or 5 assists pathetic !

How many PL goals will they score between them even if you replace Sancho for Amad Dialo than at best you are looking 35-40 PL, now look at a the teams ahead of us ?

I don’t blame Hojlund, he’s a kid that at least has the right attitude and work ethic but if Murtourgh and ETH think they’ll keep their jobs when Jim Ratcliffe takes 25% controlling share, they are not reading the room correctly.

The club has overspent at least £140m if you throw in Martinez( I love this player but why are we discussing a new contract at £200k per week, no he’s not even a starter for Argentina!) and Casemiro in the last 3 years and that sizeable figure gets you a Herry Kane or a Victor Osimhen, if not the top tier then it gets you the one below with Ivan Toney and Mitoma, now if a young Hojlund was learning his trade and replacing Ivan Toney or Rashford had to play on the right sometimes to accommodate Mitoma or start from the bench occasionally we would be able to go from a team that struggles to score 60 PL goals a season to one that might score 75+.

Fans say it can’t be done, it’s not possible to jump so much from one season to the next, then how comes Newcastle, Brighton and Villa all look to be on a trajectory to do just that and have being improving in the goalscoring charts for the last two seasons?

Better coaching, better recruitment, more humble players not on £200k per week, better infrastructure, better managers, all of the above may be true but the real reason is these clubs recruit better men, not pampered boys who cry over the manager calling them out in training and more importantly they recruit better human beings who give everything to make the most of their very privileged opportunity in life.
In total agreement. When you appraising the players, we are far too generous. In reality the players really are not that good.

lex talionis

Bruno and Rashford aren't world class players either. Yes of course each have moments worthy of a second look on YouTube but both are incredibly inconsistent. Bruno is a regular starter for his NT but it's not a NT that's going to win anything. Rashford is a squad player for his NT. Both are solid professionals, but at least in the case of Rashford he's nowhere near world class. Bruno is near world class.

The larger problem is our attacking play is our horrific wing play, starting with Rashford. Antony is just not up to the required standard. Sancho is who he is, probably never to be seen again at OT. Facundo should be given more chances that he's been given, particularly in light of Antony's decaying form, but he's nowhere near world class either. Amad is nowhere to be found. Garnacho is dealing with growing pains, a sophomore slump.

So that leaves us with Martial and Hojlund. There's nothing more to be said about the bonfire of cash we've spent on Martial so let's go to Hojlund. Rasmus has tons of potential but right now that's where he is -- tons of potential.

Son

Bruno and Rashford aren't world class players either. Yes of course each have moments worthy of a second look on YouTube but both are incredibly inconsistent. Bruno is a regular starter for his NT but it's not a NT that's going to win anything. Rashford is a squad player for his NT. Both are solid professionals, but at least in the case of Rashford he's nowhere near world class. Bruno is near world class.

The larger problem is our attacking play is our horrific wing play, starting with Rashford. Antony is just not up to the required standard. Sancho is who he is, probably never to be seen again at OT. Facundo should be given more chances that he's been given, particularly in light of Antony's decaying form, but he's nowhere near world class either. Amad is nowhere to be found. Garnacho is dealing with growing pains, a sophomore slump.

So that leaves us with Martial and Hojlund. There's nothing more to be said about the bonfire of cash we've spent on Martial so let's go to Hojlund. Rasmus has tons of potential but right now that's where he is -- tons of potential.
Bruno 100% is world class. Basically his stats are only bettered by arguably KDB and of course Messi in creating worldwide.

The man is a ridiculous footballer at what he does well and is almost impossible to replace like for like.

Football now is kinda generic at times. Bruno single handedly brings the chaos which makes him a special player.

We’ve never had the supporting cast to truly get the best out of a footballer of his calibre since Fergie retired but he’s still been one of the best signings for any club in the past decade.

He delivers even when his teammates are pretty average. If we count Rashford as purely a striker the rest of our actual wingers are horrific agreed. I honestly don’t know where a goal comes from or assist when we talk about Antony, Pellistri or Sancho. It’s an embarrassment.

ZainCRse7en

If we had spent the Mount money on Maddison, reckon we would have had atleast 5 more goals at this stage. That is the problem imo...poor recruitment for years. Anthony, mount..these are players who would probably do well in a well oiled side like City or Arsenal which unfortunately we arent at the moment.

lex talionis

Bruno 100% is world class. Basically his stats are only bettered by arguably KDB and of course Messi in creating worldwide.

The man is a ridiculous footballer at what he does well and is almost impossible to replace like for like.

Football now is kinda generic at times. Bruno single handedly brings the chaos which makes him a special player.

We’ve never had the supporting cast to truly get the best out of a footballer of his calibre since Fergie retired but he’s still been one of the best signings for any club in the past decade.

He delivers even when his teammates are pretty average. If we count Rashford as purely a striker the rest of our actual wingers are horrific agreed. I honestly don’t know where a goal comes from or assist when we talk about Antony, Pellistri or Sancho. It’s an embarrassment.
We’re in agreement that when Bruno surveys his passing options he must be appalled at what he sees. I agree that Bruno’s peak play is ridiculous but he too often scrapes a very low low.

SER19

it's time for this season, to take rashford out. we've tried swapping everything else and the worst performer this season keeps staying in. When you look at what newcastles forward players like Gordon are offering even when not scoring, it hurts to see a spot wasted this way.

Walters_19_MuFc

We need at least two attacking players next season. Rashford has gone to pot, Antony will never be good enough and the jury is still out with Garnacho, although the performances of the aforementioned players have made him look better than he is, when actually, he's been quite poor himself, in my opinion.