What next for Gareth Bale?

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Sentimentalism has little room at a successful club. High Standards must be kept at all times else they might end up like we did. Football has made these players millionaires and they can't expect clubs to keep them on ridiculous salaries past their expiry date.
It’s not about that. Look at Rooney, we didn’t exactly force him out by giving him the boot and bringing him down publicly.

There’s a way to go about things. Madrid have no class at all and they treat their players like shit. And last I checked it’s the club’s fault for paying them those wages in the first place.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
When we got Ade from Madrid I think they ended up paying over half his wages, so we do have a history of this from Madrid.

Skills

Snitch
Just cause a club can afford it doesn’t mean it should be. How does anyone deserve to sit unwanted on a bench earning £350K a week? I think you would find much better performances on a whole if players pay was performance based, it would improve football IMO.
Then what should that club be doing with that cash? (In before some moronic suggestion, that if the clubs were paying the players less they would subsidise the fans more :rolleyes:)

Clubs pay the players what they are worth. It's stupid to complain about it. The industry is worth billions - Real Madrid turnover close to a 1bn euros a year. Players like Bale who won them multiple CL titles & made them the hottest show in European football contributed towards them making more money than ever. They deserve every penny the club committed to them.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Hope they get lumbered with him while he earns 50m playing golf for the next 3 years. Nasty club who treat their players like something they have scraped off their shoes. Expected Zidane to have more class but then again if you become entangled into such a toxic club I guess it isn't too much of a surprise.

Would be hilarious if Bale enrolled for Spanish lessons just for the lolz.

Irwin99

When we got Ade from Madrid I think they ended up paying over half his wages, so we do have a history of this from Madrid.
I think if you could get him on loan it would be a really good deal for Spurs particularly if you can keep your best players. Your attack would go up a notch. I think he'd be a good deal for us too provided it's a loan and not permanent.

Viral United

Bale and Sanchez makes me think clubs should protect themselves a bit more. A good basic salary but anything more you need to earn it by what you do on the pitch. Silly bloody money for these guys.
I think it already that way.

always_hoping

Whatever is next for him i hope he doesn't come to United. 30 in a few weeks,past his best and injury prone. He would only come for the high wages and United have enough of those players at the club already.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
What’s the deal with Zidane and Bale?
He won you a European trophy, have some respect.
This.

I’m very surprised at Zidane. Usually a very placid individual (in his coaching career, at least) but maybe the pressure is getting to him. I still believe he made a huge mistake in returning as manager. He couldn’t possibly have believed he’d arrest this decline whilst attempting to replace many stars who either left or will be leaving very soon as they’re past their respective peaks.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Have no issue with Real Madrid deciding Bale is no longer part of their plans.

Have to say have huge respect for Zidane the player, manager, person etc but lost a bit of it for denying Bale some minutes on the pitch. If he wasn't going to give him any just leave him out of the squad like in last few weeks.

It does seem a petty and personal thing between the two as Navas got his farewell appearence today. Bale who played in 4 CLs wins and was big factor in at least two of them should've been offered the same treatment. Nonsense from Zidane to suggest otherwise.

This.

I’m very surprised at Zidane. Usually a very placid individual (in his coaching career, at least) but maybe the pressure is getting to him. I still believe he made a huge mistake in returning as manager. He couldn’t possibly have believed he’d arrest this decline whilst attempting to replace many stars who either left or will be leaving very soon as they’re past their respective peaks.
From a legacy perspective, you are spot on. However, it wouldn’t have earned anywhere near the money that the current players are on, so a year as Madrid Manager, getting sacked and getting a huge payoff will set him up for life.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Maybe, but in Bale's case it would have to be a lot more than half for Spurs to take him, unless Bale is willing to also willing take a pay cut, because otherwise (and quite apart from the direct cost) it would bust apart our wages structure with knock-on effects across the squad.

If Poch wants him I could see us agreeing to pay £200k per week towards his wages, but not more. And the loan fee would have to either be zero or a nominal sum, with an option for Spurs to extend the loan season by season until his contract with RM expires.

Given all that, I'd happily take him back to Spurs: Bale - Kane - Son would be a fearsome front three.

Bale just might be willing to take a pay cut of some sort just to escape the toxicity of RM and to get to play football again. London + CL football + Pochettino = an attractive option for him I would say.

gibers

Meh fair play to Bale if he wants to sit on that contract. Great weather and can play golf. At the end of the day, football is a job so let him do him.

gibers

Maybe, but in Bale's case it would have to be a lot more than half for Spurs to take him, unless Bale is willing to also willing take a pay cut, because otherwise (and quite apart from the direct cost) it would bust apart our wages structure with knock-on effects across the squad.

If Poch wants him I could see us agreeing to pay £200k per week towards his wages, but not more. And the loan fee would have to either be zero or a nominal sum, with an option for Spurs to extend the loan season by season until his contract with RM expires.

Given all that, I'd happily take him back to Spurs: Bale - Kane - Son would be a fearsome front three.

Bale just might be willing to take a pay cut of some sort just to escape the toxicity of RM and to get to play football again. London + CL football + Pochettino = an attractive option for him I would say.

With the way you guys play atm do u think he would even last? The intensity would finish him. Also I wonder how he would do now that he wont be the main man and Kane would be the star.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Have no issue with Real Madrid deciding Bale is no longer part of their plans.

Have to say have huge respect for Zidane the player, manager, person etc but lost a bit of it for denying Bale some minutes on the pitch. If he wasn't going to give him any just leave him out of the squad like in last few weeks.

It does seem a petty and personal thing between the two as Navas got his farewell appearence today. Bale who played in 4 CLs wins and was big factor in at least two of them should've been offered the same treatment. Nonsense from Zidane to suggest otherwise.
And how do you know it’s all Zidane fault? He never looked well adapted there and I don’t know if it was only bad luck or other things but he certainly won’t leave as a Real Madrid legend. Don’t know what difference a few minutes played today would make.

As a legend for the expectations I mean. On his days he was great, but for whatever reason he lacked consistency and empathy there.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It won't come to that. Would imagine if nothing happens in July Bale will have to train with youth team when pre season starts and he'll get the message then (if he hasn't already). I imagine Giggs will also be wanting him to be playing somewhere than just sticking it out at Madrid so he'd surely listen to his national team manager.

Not sure what the Bale/agent tactics are tbh. Bale might've been frozen out from June 2018 but Zidane then left and so he got chances under next managers. Now Zidane is back his race is run and once Real Madrid don't want you anymore you really are done. Little bit like when SAF decided a key player was no longer useful for him or the club.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
And how do you know it’s all Zidane fault? He never looked well adapted there and I don’t know if it was only bad luck or other things but he certainly won’t leave as a Real Madrid legend. Don’t know what difference a few minutes played today would make.
It was a meaningless match for Real and showing a touch of class might even make the player more amicable to a split. If I were Bale, I'd tell my agent to switch off his phone for the summer because I wouldn't go anywhere after such a blatant show of disrespect. Real deserve it, but then everyone and their dog knows they have always been a classless club.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It was a meaningless match for Real and showing a touch of class might even make the player more amicable to a split. If I were Bale, I'd tell my agent to switch off his phone for the summer because I wouldn't go anywhere after such a blatant show of disrespect. Real deserve it, but then everyone and their dog knows they have always been a classless club.
I mean if Casillas or Raul left how they left and were true legends, even Ronaldo, what was he expecting? Nothing new here. It’s part of the business.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

As a legend for the expectations I mean. On his days he was great, but for whatever reason he lacked consistency and empathy there.
A sign of respect to the service and goals he's given them (he may not be Ronaldo but he's scored lots of them and a few in finals).

I imagine at Sporting you've had good servants at the club who in their final season didn't play much but they got to play the last game to say their goodbyes to the club.

Man. United with Carrick and Valencia are examples of this.

I was going to say maybe it dosen't work like that in Spain but Navas got his farewell start today, another great servant over last 5-6 years. Navas good keeper but he's not a Real Madrid legend. Nor was Beckham and I remember he played in their final game and he announced he was going to MLS way before that.

I just don't see why Zidane suddenly called him back into the 18 for the last match and then didn't use him in a game they were losing.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
With the way you guys play atm do u think he would even last? The intensity would finish him. Also I wonder how he would do now that he wont be the main man and Kane would be the star.
Well, he played the equivalent of 28 full games of football last season for RM -and for all I know it could have been more if the manager had allowed it. So I'm not sure he's as "crocked" as some people make out.

Anyhow, it's a squad game, so he could rotate with Lucas Moura as and when needed.

He wasn't the main man at RM, so I don't see he'd have a problem with Kane ... and maybe it'd motivate him to try and become the main man, who knows.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Exactly.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I mean if Casillas or Raul left how they left and were true legends, even Ronaldo, what was he expecting? Nothing new here. It’s part of the business.

Raul seemed to get a good send off.:lol:

The season was over when Ronaldo decided to leave. I doubt even if in the April he said he'd have been leaving he'd have been left on the bench.

I'm not saying he should've been fawned over like John Terry in his final Chelsea game but bring on Lucas Vazquez ahead of him was a total insult.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
A sign of respect to the service and goals he's given them (he may not be Ronaldo but he's scored lots of them and a few in finals).

I imagine at Sporting you've had good servants at the club who in their final season didn't play much but they got to play the last game to say their goodbyes to the club.

Man. United with Carrick and Valencia are examples of this.

I was going to say maybe it dosen't work like that in Spain but Navas got his farewell start today, another great servant over last 5-6 years. Navas good keeper but he's not a Real Madrid legend. Nor was Beckham and I remember he played in their final game and he announced he was going to MLS way before that.

I just don't see why Zidane suddenly called him back into the 18 for the last match and then didn't use him in a game they were losing.
And how did Casillas left? Raul? Ronaldo? Wasn’t he showing lack of respect for Zidane on some comments he made before when he wasn’t playing last season? Sorry but there are no innocents here. Time for him to move on and find a better place and prove them they were unfair with him.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Zidane said after the game he wouldn't play Bale even if he had a 4th substitute, Real are an absolute toilet of a club, no class or humility, a "Real" shit house.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

Raul seemed to get a good send off.:lol:

The season was over when Ronaldo decided to leave. I doubt even if in the April he said he'd have been leaving he'd have been left on the bench.

I'm not saying he should've been fawned over like John Terry in his final Chelsea game but bring on Lucas Vazquez ahead of him was a total insult.
What insult? No Raul didn’t left the club as he should. He was a legend there. Bale wasn’t. I understand some of your points but this is nothing new there. It happened more times than you might think.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Zidane said after the game he wouldn't play Bale even if he had a 4th substitute, Real are an absolute toilet of a club, no class or humility, a "Real" shit house.
Perhaps you should check better your sources then. He didn’t said nothing like that. Anyway I have nothing against Bale, just don’t like to make him look like a poor guy who was badly mistreated there. It simply didn’t worked out.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What insult? No Raul didn’t left the club as he should. He was a legend there. Bale wasn’t. I understand some of your points but this is nothing new there. It happened more times than you might think.
O.K we'll agree to disagree on the main point.

Just curious, is it not a thing in Portugal to reward a good servant to the club with a final game? I don't know enough about Sporting Clube to know who your longest serving player is but would guess Bas Dost and Mathieu would be up there. Guess the issues last summer cloud it a bit more but I'm sure many Sporting fans would put that to one side and just give the player a send off. They don't even have to be club legends either.

We did it in our final league game when Alan Hutton (with us since 2011) was made captain in our last home game. A nice touch especially as he hasn't been involved in the play offs.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Perhaps you should check better your sources then. He didn’t said nothing like that. Anyway I have nothing against Bale, just don’t like to make him look like a poor guy who was badly mistreated there. It simply didn’t worked out.

Zidane: "We will see [if Bale continues]. I don’t know what will happen, truthfully. I have counted on other players lately, that is clear for my part. If I had another change today, the same would have happened."

That's what he said right?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It’s not about that. Look at Rooney, we didn’t exactly force him out by giving him the boot and bringing him down publicly.

There’s a way to go about things. Madrid have no class at all and they treat their players like shit. And last I checked it’s the club’s fault for paying them those wages in the first place.
If Bale wanted a club with 'class' he would have joined us. He would have been treated like a God here and his reputation would have kept him at the club 2-3 years after his expiry date were he will be able to play shit as long as he tells everyone that he was disappointed with his performance. Instead he chose honours and money. Well Real can't guarantee honours unless they are absolutely ruthless with their deadwood.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Zidane: "We will see [if Bale continues]. I don’t know what will happen, truthfully. I have counted on other players lately, that is clear for my part. If I had another change today, the same would have happened."

That's what he said right?
I was mentioning the first part of a previous tweet here who was mentioning if he had to make 4 subs Bale wouldn’t play. He didn’t said it but it was reported as a fact. Time for Bale to move on and clean his head.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'd happily take him at United

I'd imagine some form of loan with Real paying his wages could be sorted as well

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'd happily take him at United

I'd imagine some form of loan with Real paying his wages could be sorted as well
You haven't seen much of him in the past few years (or United..) if you would want someone like him here. Exactly the type of player to prolong our problems.

Runner

what's one more aging player making £500k a week who's already won everything and will have zero motivation to prove himself.