What next for Gareth Bale?

Aloysius's Back 3

I'm pretty sure Bale would ask not to play as a RW at United which makes him pointless to us
Might play as a RF for us though? When I say players like Rashford should play LW - I don't mean that they should be wingers but forwards at an angle & I think bale can do that without having to rely on pace.
Considering we have Greenwood able to play there too in a season we are playing in the EL trying to regrow - I don't think Bale would have to do much of the things he wouldn't enjoy.

Apokalips

Funny people making excuses as if Bale's greed is an act. Imagine Pogba or Sanchez or pretty much anyone but Rashford made such comments!

They get called mercenaries and all names for much less ridiculous behaviour. Bale is the exact type of person we need to be steering clear of.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
One hell of an act he's putting on if true. He was told to find a new club last summer and he's been happy to sit on the bench playing golf all season.

When you look at it, The only way is down from his pov. What else is there for him to achieve? Madrid was his dream. He's won everything he could have dreamed for there.

I believe him when his agent says he is happy to see out his contract until 2022.
A contract is a contract. As long as he trains hard, makes himself ready for the game, it is not his problem that the coach doesn't play him. He does nothing wrong to fulfill his contract. Bale holds all the cards right now and he is making it difficult for RM, which is the right thing to do. He will leave Madrid eventually this summer, but only on his terms.

Varun

Staff
It's a negotiation tactic to avoid having to take a pay cut. He will be playing for another side in August and Real Madrid will still be playing 50% of his wages.
Either that or he'll stay, play golf and pocket the wages. I understand where he's coming from to an extent but it's still incredible to give up on your career at such an age just for money which in itself would be more than everyone bar say 20 footballers even if he took a cut

fastwalker

I cannot think why a player like Gareth Bale, worth tens of millions of pounds, would want to stay at a club where he is not wanted, to collect millions of pounds that he does not need.

He could just as easily waive millions of pounds in salary, still earn millions at a new club and do what he loves. I don't get it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Funny people making excuses as if Bale's greed is an act. Imagine Pogba or Sanchez or pretty much anyone but Rashford made such comments!

They get called mercenaries and all names for much less ridiculous behaviour. Bale is the exact type of person we need to be steering clear of.
He's not a mercenary. Why should he take a pay cut?

fps

In fairness to Bale, he's not looking to move for money, which is what a mercenary does. He is simply staying put and getting his employer to keep their end of a mutually agreed contract.

Whiskey Red

Supports
Liverpool
The only thing I can think of is that he believes if he can survive the summer and remain there he can force his way into Zidanes plans. If this all just for money or to spite the club then what a fecking waste of his career.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
He could just as easily waive millions of pounds in salary, still earn millions at a new club and do what he loves. I don't get it.
Bale is odds on fave to top the European money list in the race to Dubai earning
half a million per week playing golf without 70 thousand white hankies waved at him.

He can still have a kick around quite a few times per year with his mates in Wales.

Life is good.

clarkydaz

One hell of an act he's putting on if true. He was told to find a new club last summer and he's been happy to sit on the bench playing golf all season.

When you look at it, The only way is down from his pov. What else is there for him to achieve? Madrid was his dream. He's won everything he could have dreamed for there.

I believe him when his agent says he is happy to see out his contract until 2022.
this would be glorious :lol:

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Madrid should keep him really, he's a great backup. And he seems to be ok with that.

SambaBoy

If we end up in for him, then it will just sum up our transfer policy since SAF left. Signing players hoping they can revert to old form based on their name. Bale has lost that spark and acceleration that made him a special player, plus he now seems disinterested in football. The injuries have taken their toll.

Any top team should stay clear. Can only see him staying at Madrid or a move to MLS/China.

Giggs86

For the love of god, please stay away from him. If our board learnt anything from the Sanchez fail they shouldn't even be considering it.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I cannot think why a player like Gareth Bale, worth tens of millions of pounds, would want to stay at a club where he is not wanted, to collect millions of pounds that he does not need.

As it stands he already gets paid ridiculous money to do what he loves - play golf

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Either that or he'll stay, play golf and pocket the wages. I understand where he's coming from to an extent but it's still incredible to give up on your career at such an age just for money which in itself would be more than everyone bar say 20 footballers even if he took a cut
I do not know. For a british player he has won more titles than most. 4CL-titles alone are mindblowing.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think all the former galácticos have a good relationship with Florentino, so I guess in the end they will find a solution.
I understand Bale's position, in the same way that he should understand the coach's freedom to send him all the season to the stands, and I think Zidane will not change his opinion and will not give him opportunities.

Sambob

I think this is fair enough from Bale, its very diva behaviour but he has been treated poorly and has helped the club win a lot. I always think he should have signed for us and he would have been way more appreciated but he won a lot at Madrid.

It does raise an interesting question about his legacy, who will sing his songs in future and who will remember him fondly? Spurs? Wales?

He will probably be the most highly decorated forgotten man in future but he still has time to be a fan favourite somewhere.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I think this is fair enough from Bale, its very diva behaviour but he has been treated poorly and has helped the club win a lot. I always think he should have signed for us and he would have been way more appreciated but he won a lot at Madrid.

It does raise an interesting question about his legacy, who will sing his songs in future and who will remember him fondly? Spurs? Wales?

He will probably be the most highly decorated forgotten man in future but he still has time to be a fan favourite somewhere.
I dont think he will be overly concerned driving around in his Bentley to his own personal 18 hole golf course in his backyard. Before taking his private jet to Spain for a holiday. I certainly do not want the crock here at this stage of his career.

Needham

Would love him on Real Housewives of Cheshire. Getting bored of Ashley Ward.

Xaviboy

Just hope we don't mess up this transfer window with targets and end up panicking and getting Bale in with couple days left of our transfer window.

mikey_d

Questioning if wales fans will remember his legacy??

He’s done more for welsh football than anyone in our history, the focal point of our 2016 qualification (the 2nd qualification ever for a tournament) & subsequent semi final.

Top ever goal scorer

+ to those in the know “ he said he had a bad back, f*** the Union Jack”

Safe to say there if there are plenty of wales fans to sing songs for Hal robson Kanu after he’s retired, bale’s songs will be long in the memory - his legacy whatever he does now is secure.

Needham

He’s done more for welsh football than anyone in our history, the focal point of our 2016 qualification (the 2nd qualification ever for a tournament) & subsequent semi final.
Top ever goal scorer
Safe to say there if there are plenty of wales fans to sing songs for Hal robson Kanu after he’s retired, bale’s songs will be long in the memory - his legacy whatever he does now is secure.
Agreed. He should be the first person in footballing history to retire from club football to concentrate on his international career.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
It seems that the fire inside him as died. Didn't even look very engaged for Wales the other day.

Also, seems like he's fallen in love with Madrid (the City not the club).

Let him do his thing, obviously we shouldn't go near him.

Jacob

Not phased by the awkwardness of squeezing his salary when his employer wants him out.
I suppose this is what contracts are for, Real shouldn't expect to get bailed.

Sambob

Top ever goal scorer

+ to those in the know “ he said he had a bad back, f*** the Union Jack”

Suppose beggars can't be choosers

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

Zidane: "Bale did not play tonight because the club is working on his exit. I hope it is imminent, if it happens tomorrow it would be great. The club is working things out with the club that he'll be playing for."

"I don't have a personal problem with Bale. He'll go in 24-48 hours. I talk with the club and the decision is made by the manager. Also the player too, who knows his situation"
I'll wait to watch the press conference to see if nothing was taken out of context since with sports journalism you can't ever be sure but it seems like he's leaving.

Last edited:

LoCalXT

Some ITK reported United bringing in a player on loan who was once good but having problems with his club.
Hmm Bale to United to replaced Lukaku?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

I'll wait to watch the press conference to see if nothing was taken out of context since with sports journalism you can't ever be sure but it seems like he's leaving.
Wow, that's very straightforward. Looks like deal is very close to done, at least if those quotes are true.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
It will be loan move at first I guess, whether it is us or someone else.