What next for Jürgen Klopp?

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I’d love him at Madrid but not sure it will happen.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Says he'd never manage another club in England. Don't know if he's ever said that about Germany with Dortmund but wouldn't be surprised he feels the same way there which could very well rule Bayern out.

I know he was at Mainz there too, but that's different as they were much smaller.

OleGunnar20

We all hit that point in football manager when things get stale. If I were him I'd do a lower league challenge, take Accrington Stanley to the Treble or something.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Why do you guys think this? He's not really in the mould of the spanish tiki-taka managers and that's Barca's DNA. From the La Masia to the first team, technique is everything. For Klopp I think the non negotiable thing is the work rate and intensity with some technique not the other way round.

Can you imagine guys like Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets running around like Fabinho, Henderson and Wijnaldum? Or Messi and Neymar pressing like Salah and Mane? Or Suarez putting in a defensive CF shift like Firmino?

For me he's tailor made for RM / Bayern / the German NT if he wants a break.

Barca under their legend Xavi play the worst style of Football imaginable.

Xavi and Barcelona literally have no style of play right now. Barca DNA is a big fat joke right now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Barca under their legend Xavi play the worst style of Football imaginable.

Xavi and Barcelona literally have no style of play right now. Barca DNA is a big fat joke right now.
Didn’t they play good football on route to the title last season? I think when things aren’t working you aren’t going to see the manager’s preferred style anyway. Xavi should have ideally worked his way up to Barcelona but I guess he has a title under his belt.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Watch his interview. I’m convinced he has fairly serious health issues. No chance he goes straight to another managerial job.
Have you watched it yourself? Because he addresses that point directly. Actually, both points (regarding his health & about him potentially going straight to another managerial job).

harms

Staff
Didn’t they play good football on route to the title last season? I think when things aren’t working you aren’t going to see the manager’s preferred style anyway. Xavi should have ideally worked his way up to Barcelona but I guess he has a title under his belt.
Good as in free-flowing attacking good? No. They were very good defensively though.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
No way man. They were getting low scoring wins and keeping many clean sheets last season.

Ter Stegen was on fire.

Xavi never had a style of play ever. He's absolutely clueless tactically. Makes Ole look half decent tactically. Barca have no patterns of play with the ball.

The fanbase and Catalan media love local lad Xavi and were lenient towards him for a long time. Their fans are sick and tired of the awful Football Xavi offers. Look at their fan forums.

Because of the goodwill and PR, Xavi got the label of a "Barca DNA" manager. He was never one. His philosophy is as ambiguous and immaterial as Frank and Ole.

GlasgowCeltic

Klopp would hate it at Barca, weird Pep cult fanbase that'd boo him off the pitch when his team win 6-0 but lose the possession

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think he'll manage Germany,3 years tops, and then be done with the sport.

Needham

There are Graeme Souness and Ian Wright-sized holes available to fill.

Hughie77

Real Madrid.. imo unless he's just taking a break then maybe if club football is to much German national side maybe..

He's won everything I think maybe Europe league this season I don't think he won that with them.

harms

Staff
Only watched the clip in that tweet. Where he implies there is a reason that he will talk about in the future but not yet.
Well, at some point interviewer asks him if he's okay and Klopp responds:
"I am OK. I am healthy, as much as you can [be] at my age. Little bits and bobs, stuff like that, but nothing anybody has to be concerned about, so that's absolutely fine,"

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Germany job is my guess

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I changed my mind. He's joining Saudi league, he's taking a year out to disguise he's been tapped up.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
He needs to test himself at a big club. Obviously wouldn't come to United, so I guess R Madrid, Barca or Bayern?

izec

La Liga, Seria A or German NT.

Sleeping league giants with passionate fanbase is his thing. I would rule out Real, Barca and Bayern, just too big and he would have to instantly hit the ground running. I think he likes to take a year or two and mould the team to his wishes.

Maybe Atletico in Spain, in Italy Napoli/AC Milan/Inter? Some club with potential, that isnt doing great at that point, but has a big name domestically.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Difficult to call a next move.

His MO isn't to go to the dominant club in the land, so you can't imagine him at a Real or Barcelona.
He's been at Dortmund, so would he go to Bayern?
PSG can't see it either.

International manager for Germany? Is he a see the players every couple of months guy? Not sure on that either.

Pick up a Milan or someone in Italy?
Milan is the ONLY option left for Klopp imho and the reason is very simple. The so called gegenpressing is inspired by only one club in the world - AC Milan of Arrigo Sacchi! It will be a nice way to close the cycle..

Dansk

Hopefully he'll finally enjoy the luxury of managing a club where the players can breathe properly. He has been plagued by the ill fortune of managing first Dortmund and then Liverpool, two clubs where he discovered to his dismay that most of the squad suffered from asthma. To his credit, he took great initiative and responsibility in ensuring that these poor, breathless souls were duly diagnosed and medicated.

putzmcgee123

Hopefully some anger management sessions and doing something that precludes us from seeing his smug face on TV every week.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I've said for a long time his next job will be Milan.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
He can have the gaffer job at literally any club in the world right now, even United, if he just indicated interest. All the clubs have to do is not tell him they're Disneyland.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
La Liga, Seria A or German NT.

Sleeping league giants with passionate fanbase is his thing. I would rule out Real, Barca and Bayern, just too big and he would have to instantly hit the ground running. I think he likes to take a year or two and mould the team to his wishes.

Maybe Atletico in Spain, in Italy Napoli/AC Milan/Inter? Some club with potential, that isnt doing great at that point, but has a big name domestically.
Good call. AC or Inter is my guess.

Himannv

I think he'll be out for a good while for his health and will only get back into management if the right project comes up way down the line. I'd guess at it not being a top club and more of an underdog trying to upset the applecart.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Would love to see it, would be transformative for Spanish football. Also think it’s the club out there that most suits him
The club that's seemingly proud of its nazi ultras group suits Klopp?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
His next job will be at sky sports btw

Skills

Snitch
Well, at some point interviewer asks him if he's okay and Klopp responds:
"I am OK. I am healthy, as much as you can [be] at my age. Little bits and bobs, stuff like that, but nothing anybody has to be concerned about, so that's absolutely fine,"
Sounds like he got off lucky. Plague is a real possibility after 9 years in Liverpool