What next for Jürgen Klopp?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think he will take 6 months to a year out of the game at least.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Surely Bayern go all out for him?
I don't think he would go to another club right now after how he announced this. Bayern surely is eyeing Alonso more right now, and I don't think that will change now.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
I bet 1 year pause from football then either NT or something out of UK

Kaos

The managerial merry go round with Liverpool, Madrid and Bayern likely implicated would be an interesting one. Leverkusen too perhaps.

crossy1686

career ending
Listen to his interview lads:

1. At least one year sabbatical.
2. Will never manage in England again.
3. Wants to return at some point but if you ask him right now if he will ever return to management, he would answer "no".
4. Doesn't know if it will be club or country when he does come back.

spiriticon

A year out, like the last time.

His management style is high intensity, high energy. It's not surprising he has to take sabbaticals to maintain sanity.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
No obvious club job for him at a top club bar Bayern or maybe Real. You'd have to assume another PL job is unlikely. Barca is also unlikely. So it's Bayern,Real or Germany.

BorisManUtd

One year break then one of Bayern/Real Madrid/Barca/Germany. Perhaps even back to Dortmund or going to some of Italian giants. He'll have many offers.

Bwuk

Bayern or Real.

The Real Squad is shaped up perfectly for him. Lots of young players, extremely athletic ones too. Bellingham, Camavinga, Tchouameni midfield 3 would suit his style to a tee.

Kaos

Bayern or Real.

The Real Squad is shaped up perfectly for him. Lots of young players, extremely athletic ones too. Bellingham, Camavinga, Tchouameni midfield 3 would suit his style to a tee.
Oooh, I hadn't realised at Madrid he'd finally be able to manage the transfer targets that kept evading him at Liverpool :lol:

Gordon Godot

Bayern or Real.

i suspect a break and then maybe German national team. Not sure if he wants another go in pressure grinder but maybe I'm wrong

IRELANDUNITED

i suspect a break and then maybe German national team. Not sure if he wants another go in pressure grinder but maybe I'm wrong
Yeah I checked the betting and the odds on what his next job will be are as follows.

Germany National Team 1/9
Dortmund 15/2
Real Madrid 11/1
Barcelona 14/1
England national team 16/1
Bayern Munich 80/1
Man Utd 200/1

Kaos

Yeah I checked the betting and the odds on what his next job will be are as follows.

Germany National Team 1/9
Dortmund 15/2
Real Madrid 11/1
Barcelona 14/1
England national team 16/1
Bayern Munich 80/1
Man Utd 200/1
So you're saying there's a chance? :smirk:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If anything, I'd guess the German national team. Don't see him going to Bayern or the Spanish giants. He won't go to another prem side. Maybe he's just over club football?

astracrazy

"I need to find a different purpose as well, I need to have a look for it. If you ask me, ‘Will you ever work as a manager again?’ I would say now no"

"But all the rest, will I ever work again? Of course, I know myself, I cannot just sit around. I will find something else maybe to do. But I will not manage a club or a country at least for a year, that’s not possible, I cannot do that and I don’t want to"

The guys mid 50s which is young for a manager and even 3 months on from making the decision to stop he is obviously still thinking he doesn't want to manage again. He said it without even being asked.

I don't see him managing anytime soon. A long with the fact it doesn't make much sense to step down with respect to where he has gotten Liverpool, as much as I don't like to say it, I'm with Simon Jordan on this - feels like there is more to it than just having a break.

I think a lot of people are missing some key lines from his interview to be assuming his next job.

Watch his interview. I’m convinced he has fairly serious health issues. No chance he goes straight to another managerial job.
100%

Last edited:

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
By the time he comes back pressing and heavy metal football will be on the way out. Direct football is coming back. Hoof it to the big lad!