What next for Mourinho?

Rolaholic

@FootyGirl88
Pretty much saying what the non-Jose loyalists believed all season,he's spot on. Scholes has never been one to sugar coat anything and he's right on the mark in his thoughts on the finished one

He's a much better pundit than Neville who's become very much agenda driven ever since his failed managerial career

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Scholesy absolutely spot on there. Shame he didn't speak up earlier though, especially when GNev was rallying the fans in favor of dourface.
The thing is he did speak up. He asked plenty of times how he still has a job. And how did our fans react? "Oh shut up Scholesy/disrespectful/can he stop talking". GNev is as shameless as they come.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Right now it's not so far-fetched an idea. He's coming off his third consecutive high profile tenure ending in disaster, his first real managerial total failure, and he's burned so many bridges throughout his career that there simply aren't many options left for him in Europe. PSG and Bayern are a long shot, Real Madrid would only turn back to him if things were to collapse to dramatically as to make them desperate, Juventus, Liverpool, City and this point Chelsea and United would sooner give the job to their gardener than him...what's left are either lower profile clubs, or high profile clubs that are nevertheless far from being able to compete for big trophies quite yet
Most managers ended up with a shit last year. It always happens. Thats why they call it the boot.

A few rare occasion aside most managers in the epl has been sacked before. Im not saying anything much but this jose mourinho only fits to manage in china is over the top delusion. Granted he's not everyone's cup of tea but he's still a fine manager. Maybe not the pedigree of his early days

Canagel

Scholesy absolutely spot on there. Shame he didn't speak up earlier though, especially when GNev was rallying the fans in favor of dourface.
He did. He said Mourinho's mouth is out of control and he was embrassing the club. And surprised he wasn't gone . After West Ham I believe.

Djemba-Djemba

To be fair, Scholes was always hugely critical of Mourinho.

You never get pundits outright asking for a manager to be sacked but it was obvious Scholes wanted him gone months before he actually went.

Kapardin

Scholes is right about almost everything. But I don't think he liked Mourinho from the start, remember him being very curt with his comments when Mourinho was appointed.

But better him than Gary "stand-by-the-manager" Neville anyway.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I knew it wouldn’t be long before he started spouting shite.

Shark

@NotShark
He’s so obviously talking about us already in those clips. So glad to be rid of him.

Cloud7

It never ceases to amaze me how difficult Mourinho makes it sound to work with this mythical “modern day player”, as if he’s the only one working with them, and everyone is still working with the players of yesteryear.

How come other managers don’t need help to cope with it José?

Kapardin

So Mourinho wants a babysitter for the players because he can't handle their attitudes. I wonder how Sarri, Poch, Klopp and Pep do it then. It's not like the DoFs at those clubs come out to scold the players and tell them to buckle under the manager.

The true intent of his comments is this - he's basically hinting that if we had a "structure" with football people, they would understand that he was right and players like Martial and Pogba would have been sold or told to knuckle down. But Ed sided with them. I think he's living in a fantasy because no club would value him over such players; heck, even Chelsea sacked Conte when he had fallen out with most of their players.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Most managers ended up with a shit last year. It always happens. Thats why they call it the boot.

A few rare occasion aside most managers in the epl has been sacked before. Im not saying anything much but this jose mourinho only fits to manage in china is over the top delusion. Granted he's not everyone's cup of tea but he's still a fine manager. Maybe not the pedigree of his early days
You are missing the point. It's not that he's not good enough, it's that there's almost no truly big club in Europe who would take him at this point because of the baggage he carries with him. He's managed to stay at the top of his profession for 15 years. That's a very long time, but he's done so in such a way that he's burned too many bridges behind him. What's left for him, realistically, are PSG, who care about style as much as they care about winning, Bayern, who are highly unlikely to consider him and would never give him the kind of power he wants/needs(none of him complaining about transfers over there. Hoeness and Rumenigge take care of that at Bayern and that is that) and i guess maaaaybe Atletico if/when Simeone decides to leave. In England, which top club would consider him? In Italy, the only real top club at the moment is juventus. Did you see how their fans treated him in CL when you played them?

The most likely top destinations left for him in Europe are Inter -but it would require him to effectively step down a level or two and try to fight against a juggernaut, building the club up without having the kind of financial backing for quick fixes- or Real Madrid -who would only consider him out of desperation

poleglass red

is that the same channel Andy Gray and hairy hands went to after they got the boot from sky

RedTiger

Half mast
Pretty much saying what the non-Jose loyalists believed all season,he's spot on. Scholes has never been one to sugar coat anything and he's right on the mark in his thoughts on the finished one

He's a much better pundit than Neville who's become very much agenda driven ever since his failed managerial career
I wouldn't say he's a better pundit than GN, I mean, Scholes never said this stuff while Jose was in charge.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The thing is results is the only thing in football that is beyond a coach's control. How can you prioritise something that you have very little control over? That's why coaches focus on style and performances. They can control that.

JohnnyKills

He was sacked a month ago tomorrow. Jesus, seems like an age ago.

What a horrible man he was. And there were people defending him on here until the very end.

fellaini's barber

I even dare to bet that he'd won the next trophy sooner than we won ours.

People really taking things for granted. 2 cups and a second spot finished and he's a fraud.
I'm sure you'd love that so you'd come rub it in our faces like a proper fan of whatever club that will be

Last edited:

EireRed_GS

Jose conveniently failing to mention how an awful lot of these problems behind the scenes he's referring too, all stemmed directly from him. And also no mention of the massive improvement in style results & atmosphere since he's gone.. Every coach in europe today is dealing with these modern players, and they seem to be dealing just fine.. A little coaching and man management go a long way Jose. The man is deluded if he thinks he's still belongs at the top and will be successful at the highest level..

Its actually comical he's still peddling this nonsense that the players arent/were not good enough. This claim has been blown out of the water recently.. Clearly attempting to save face so that he gets a high level job again.

Rolaholic

I wouldn't say he's a better pundit than GN, I mean, Scholes never said this stuff while Jose was in charge.
He actually did though,he was one of the rare pundits who was openly questioning why he still had the jobs weeks before he was sacked and he was never afraid of criticizing him for not living up to the ideals of the club.

He called his provocation of Juventus fans after the CL tie in Turin embarassing and classless

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's absolutely full of shit. Trying his hardest to remind everybody he's an elite coach and that it was the players and "structure" of United that was wrong.

Nothing to do with your ability to coach aye Jose?

I love how he's saying clubs have to adapt to learn to deal with player power, but he won't do it himself :lol: He's a dictator. Can't conform, won't succeed.

EireRed_GS

100% no.
I agree with you mate. Not laughing at your post, which I thought was decent, that was directed towards Jose. If may have looked as if it came across the wrong way sorry :)
haha no worries mate.. astonishingly you will still probably find a few out there still buying his excuses!

RedDevil@84

Good luck to Jose finding that perfect club where he would not have to deal with player discipline, player learning and have a clear club structure with everyone excellent in their roles etc etc.

Anyways, good to see that he believes he is still good to be at top level (to be fair, even Moyes thought so I guess)
Hope he does well in his next stint.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
The thing is results is the only thing in football that is beyond a coach's control. How can you prioritise something that you have very little control over? That's why coaches focus on style and performances. They can control that.
He is absolutely right to defend himself and his legacy against the overreaction that has occurred since his sacking. We're talking about his profession.

Now regardless of what he says publicly, he would do well to reflect on his recent failures in the game, and take the lessons learned into his next role. A year off would do him good.