What next for Mourinho?

Cloud7

He really is such an odious little man. Can’t even give a little praise without praising himself as well. Thank God I no longer have to look at that smug stupid face of his.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
@carvajal @Vato @giorno

Would you want this guy back? porque o porque no?
Like Vato and Giorno, I would not want him back either.
Many reasons, press/atmosphere among fans, national team, shit football style and thinking about the current situation of the team, the null commitment to young players.
Trying to be positive there could be a scenario in which he accepts to work with young people and polish them (I think it would not happen, he won't change) but even in that case he would surely bring his toxic environment and erase the smile of Vini and Rodrygo.
However there are many Mourinhistas and personally I think he is the favorite.

TheRedHearted

Mourinho is as shameless as they come. You bet he is thinking the "foundation" he laid has finally come to fruition.
Honestly could be true. Sometimes people say the right things and lay foundations but are too rigid and negative. Then someone leaves or a new manager comes in and puts positivity and hope and the muscle memory mixed with positivity flourishes

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The revisionism its strong in here. It goes to the point of downplaying what Mourinho has done at Porto and Inter. With Porto Mourinho not only won back to back championships - ending Porto 3 year trophyless run - but also won back to back european titles: the Uefa and the Champions League. This with a team that costed peanuts and in the age of the great Ac Milan side and the Real Madrid "Galacticos" - this is achievement alone will grant him a place in the history books.
He then went to conquer England with a record breaking Chelsea side and leaving behind a team that kept Chelsea winning titles for a decade.
With Inter, besides the back to back league titles he also won them the treble - only treble of an Italian side - beating in his way to the trophy the likes of Chelsea, Pep Guardiola all mighty Barcelona and Bayern: again this achievement alone will grant him a place in the record books.
Even in his Madrid passage he won them a League title - only one of the two Real has won in 10 years - and make them competitive again in the champions league: just remember that previous to Mourinho arrival Real had just went 8 consecutive years being dumped on the last 16: the last of them with the likes of Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Ramos, Marcelo and Xabi Alonso on the starting eleven.
After that in his second passage at Chelsea he still won them the league title, a cup and took them to a champions league semi final.
Now lets get to United, the job that granted him the "fraud" nick name. In his first year he won the Uefa Cup and a Cup securing United champions league football. In his second year he finished second, in front of the so called new generation top coachs Pochettino and Klopp and in his third year he was sabotaged in the pre-season with 0 backing from the board and publicly leaks about the board not acepting the names he suggest to the club: this passed the message to the players, press and Mourinho himself that he had no future at the club and set the tone for the miserable beginning of season that followed.
In short the only club Mourinho hasn´t won the league title was at United and even at United he won trophies including a european one so yeah the "fraud", like it or not, will be back managing a top clube come next summer and I would bet my house on it, will be back winning trophies again.
I even dare to bet that he'd won the next trophy sooner than we won ours.

People really taking things for granted. 2 cups and a second spot finished and he's a fraud.

tomaldinho1

He's so Trump like.

Any and every situation can be used to talk about and praise himself.
My first thought as well. Even when talking specifically about one of his best former players, it is about him. I feel like we've broken him.

Greck

I even dare to bet that he'd won the next trophy sooner than we won ours.

People really taking things for granted. 2 cups and a second spot finished and he's a fraud.
What the hell kind of prediction is that? Not based on anything besides your manlove for him. He doesn't even have a club. Way to make the man bigger than the club.

redasian

The revisionism its strong in here. It goes to the point of downplaying what Mourinho has done at Porto and Inter. With Porto Mourinho not only won back to back championships - ending Porto 3 year trophyless run - but also won back to back european titles: the Uefa and the Champions League. This with a team that costed peanuts and in the age of the great Ac Milan side and the Real Madrid "Galacticos" - this is achievement alone will grant him a place in the history books.
He then went to conquer England with a record breaking Chelsea side and leaving behind a team that kept Chelsea winning titles for a decade.
With Inter, besides the back to back league titles he also won them the treble - only treble of an Italian side - beating in his way to the trophy the likes of Chelsea, Pep Guardiola all mighty Barcelona and Bayern: again this achievement alone will grant him a place in the record books.
Even in his Madrid passage he won them a League title - only one of the two Real has won in 10 years - and make them competitive again in the champions league: just remember that previous to Mourinho arrival Real had just went 8 consecutive years being dumped on the last 16: the last of them with the likes of Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Ramos, Marcelo and Xabi Alonso on the starting eleven.
After that in his second passage at Chelsea he still won them the league title, a cup and took them to a champions league semi final.
Now lets get to United, the job that granted him the "fraud" nick name. In his first year he won the Uefa Cup and a Cup securing United champions league football. In his second year he finished second, in front of the so called new generation top coachs Pochettino and Klopp and in his third year he was sabotaged in the pre-season with 0 backing from the board and publicly leaks about the board not acepting the names he suggest to the club: this passed the message to the players, press and Mourinho himself that he had no future at the club and set the tone for the miserable beginning of season that followed.
In short the only club Mourinho hasn´t won the league title was at United and even at United he won trophies including a european one so yeah the "fraud", like it or not, will be back managing a top clube come next summer and I would bet my house on it, will be back winning trophies again.
Pretty much this. He does make everything about him and his faults are pretty transparent but let's not pretend that he's never been a fantastic manager - he deserves to be remembered as one of the greats of his time.

You can argue that he's had massive spending power, but there have been plenty managers at City and Chelsea and Real, all his contemporaries, who never achieved the heights he did. Even on our end Moyes probably had access to a huge transfer warchest. Look how that turned out.

Respect x3 ;)

tomaldinho1

I see more personal dislike than revisionism.

I'd say on paper, his achievements dwarf any other manager in the game today (yes even Saint Pep) because he has never taken an 'easy' role, which is to be admired and has always won trophies. Issue is more that it seems his personality and way of working with players has a shelf life and modern players maybe can't handle the methods he uses. Even if he retired today I don't think Pep, Klopp, Poch, Allegri or any other current top manager will ever come close to matching his achievements with Porto and or Inter. It would be like Pep suddenly deciding to move to someone like PSV and then winning the CL...

I personally can't stand how he conducts himself but you can't change his trophy cabinet and, for that, I tip my cap to him.

SirAF

Ageist
I see more personal dislike than revisionism.

I'd say on paper, his achievements dwarf any other manager in the game today (yes even Saint Pep) because he has never taken an 'easy' role, which is to be admired and has always won trophies. Issue is more that it seems his personality and way of working with players has a shelf life and modern players maybe can't handle the methods he uses. Even if he retired today I don't think Pep, Klopp, Poch, Allegri or any other current top manager will ever come close to matching his achievements with Porto and or Inter. It would be like Pep suddenly deciding to move to someone like PSV and then winning the CL...

I personally can't stand how he conducts himself but you can't change his trophy cabinet and, for that, I tip my cap to him.
This is spot on. Several posters in here let their personal opinions on the man cloud his past achievements.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Imagine finding a way to praise yourself with something as unspectacular as a retirement announcement. Parody stuff
It's even more laughable because we bought Cech under Ranieri. He would have been anyone's No 1 at Chelsea.

Eric's Seagull

in his third year he was sabotaged in the pre-season with 0 backing from the board and publicly leaks about the board not acepting the names he suggest to the club: this passed the message to the players, press and Mourinho himself that he had no future at the club and set the tone for the miserable beginning of season that followed.
The miserable start to the season could have been avoided by Jose being sacked in the summer. I think that the club should have backed him to the hilt in the summer. By not backing him they showed they didn't have faith in him.

They should have backed him or sacked him.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
What the hell kind of prediction is that? Not based on anything besides your manlove for him. He doesn't even have a club. Way to make the man bigger than the club.
He wont go unemployed for long. Bet he'd won another trophy faster than poch will ever will.

United fans has this weird idea that the manager of his calibre is only good to manage in china.

Hawks2008

Such a self-serving comment, a premier league great retires and he manages to find a way to make it about himself.

Thankfully he is finished at the top level, I look forward to watching him continue to sink into mediocrity.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
No top club in their right mind would want to touch him. He took three huge clubs with huge spending power, in which he had full confidence, and brought them to near disaster footballing wise while simultaneously turning them into a media circus with his humorless and sneering press conferences.

His ego will prevent him from going to a smaller club so i suppose bitter pundit is next for him. Maybe he an Sourness could sit together and spew venom

Eric's Seagull

No top club in their right mind would want to touch him. He took three huge clubs with huge spending power, in which he had full confidence, and brought them to near disaster footballing wise while simultaneously turning them into a media circus with his humorless and sneering press conferences.

His ego will prevent him from going to a smaller club so i suppose bitter pundit is next for him. Maybe he an Sourness could sit together and spew venom
If he becomes a pundit I think he better change his name to Moanrinho :lol:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

He can go to Atletico if Simeone leaves. Like to like replacement in terms of style.

Eric's Seagull

He can go to Atletico if Simeone leaves. Like to like replacement in terms of style.
Never thought about him going to Atletico before. Could be plausible as I read somewhere recently that Inter may be after Simeone. Also Atletico have a decent team for him to take over, also the average age of the squad is 27.

If this were to happen I think this might make a few people at Real bitter, although I don't think Jose gives a crap about that. Although he may think he has and wants another chance at Real one day, so that may dissuade him from moving to Atletico, although I doubt it.

Kapardin

Never thought about him going to Atletico before. Could be plausible as I read somewhere recently that Inter may be after Simeone. Also Atletico have a decent team for him to take over, also the average age of the squad is 27.

If this were to happen I think this might make a few people at Real bitter, although I don't think Jose gives a crap about that. Although he may think he has and wants another chance at Real one day, so that may dissuade him from moving to Atletico, although I doubt it.
Bit unrelated, but I always wondered why Atletico tolerate that style of play. Sure, Simeone made them a powerhouse and won the league with them, and that style of play is perhaps acceptable in CL cup games. But currently Atletico have a great squad with some world class players, and Barca and Madrid are at their weakest. Surely they could be demanding a more entertaining style of football, which is perfectly capable with the players they have, and maybe a better effort to challenge for the league.

Either way, I don't think Mourinho will fancy Atletico. He would probably want a glamorous club like Real and his buddies are already dropping hints in the media that he's waiting for the job.

ayushreddevil9

Bit unrelated, but I always wondered why Atletico tolerate that style of play. Sure, Simeone made them a powerhouse and won the league with them, and that style of play is perhaps acceptable in CL cup games. But currently Atletico have a great squad with some world class players, and Barca and Madrid are at their weakest. Surely they could be demanding a more entertaining style of football, which is perfectly capable with the players they have, and maybe a better effort to challenge for the league.

Either way, I don't think Mourinho will fancy Atletico. He would probably want a glamorous club like Real and his buddies are already dropping hints in the media that he's waiting for the job.
He is done with those. Utd was his last chance and he blew it to smithereens. Real Madrid would be crazy to give him the job.

Greck

We don't have Athletic fans here otherwise I'd bet they probably hate his guts from his time at the other Madrid. Never even knew how much Juve fans hated him till we played them. He always says or does something unnecessary to burn bridges at clubs he's never managed. His time in italy and his antics after we beat Juve added them to the shortlist of clubs he can never manage

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He wont go unemployed for long. Bet he'd won another trophy faster than poch will ever will.

United fans has this weird idea that the manager of his calibre is only good to manage in china.
Right now it's not so far-fetched an idea. He's coming off his third consecutive high profile tenure ending in disaster, his first real managerial total failure, and he's burned so many bridges throughout his career that there simply aren't many options left for him in Europe. PSG and Bayern are a long shot, Real Madrid would only turn back to him if things were to collapse to dramatically as to make them desperate, Juventus, Liverpool, City and this point Chelsea and United would sooner give the job to their gardener than him...what's left are either lower profile clubs, or high profile clubs that are nevertheless far from being able to compete for big trophies quite yet

Eric's Seagull

He would probably want a glamorous club like Real and his buddies are already dropping hints in the media that he's waiting for the job.
Although I think there is a chance he may go Atleti, I think he wants another shot with Real.

I read somewhere the other day that he thinks his buddy Perez would welcome him back with open arms. Although I don't know if he p!ssed the players off so much last time that they would be happy with him back.

I think another appealing thing for him at Real is winning the Champions League again which would make him the only manager so far to do it with 3 different teams. This would appease his ego massively.

Last edited:

Schneckerl

You're right. If he joins Porto he'll have no problem winning a nice competition like the Portugues League before Poch wins anything.

ayushreddevil9

Although I think there is a chance he may go Athleti, I think he wants another shot with Real.

I read somewhere the other day that he thinks his buddy Perez would welcome him back with open arms. Although I don't know if he p!ssed the players off so much last time that they would be happy with him back.

I think another appealing thing for him at Real is winning the Champions League again which would make him the only manager so far to do it with 3 different teams. This would appease his ego massively.
@Ban