What next for Mourinho?

Cal?

CR7 fan
I guess both the Real and PSG jobs will be open this summer

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Of all the managers to overlook a squad rebuild, I simply struggle to think of anyone less suited.

Revan

Assumptionman
Of all the managers to overlook a squad rebuild, I simply struggle to think of anyone less suited.
To be fair, he built the first great Chelsea side.

If he can ship Bale, Benzema and co. while getting backed in transfer market he might build a boring but effective team.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool

If he can ship Bale, Benzema and co. while getting backed in transfer market he might build a boring but effective team.
Fair point. I can't recall how many of that great 00s team were already there, but he certainly took them up a few notches.

But the money in football was a bit different then - Can Real afford the kind of overhaul their fans will demand when players like Mbappe would go for €200m+?

Greck

We spent far more than Madrid of recent and he still feels he wasn't backed. Madrid aren't going to want to splash serious cash on Mourinho type targets when they don't even want to overpay for their preferred Galactico targets.

Revan

Assumptionman
Fair point. I can't recall how many of that great 00s team were already there, but he certainly took them up a few notches.

But the money in football was a bit different then - Can Real afford the kind of overhaul their fans will demand when players like Mbappe would go for €200m+?
They have a negative net spent over the last 5 seasons or so. They should be able to break all transfer records this summer, and knowing how Perez behaves, I think we are going to see them spending over 400m this summer.

arthurka

They have a negative net spent over the last 5 seasons or so. They should be able to break all transfer records this summer, and knowing how Perez behaves, I think we are going to see them spending over 400m this summer.
Would you give that to José?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He should stick to talking to a camera. This whole human interaction and emotional regulation is not his strength. Your tactical superiority can only buy player belief for so long but once that fades there’s not a human being worth believing in and therefore you don’t make it past 2/3 seasons. He should either manage internationally or be a pundit.

Revan

Assumptionman
Even if you were or better if it was Real Madrids cash?
Ah, in that case, no I don't think that Mourinho would have been the man I would have chosen for rebuilt. Before United's job probably yes, but losing the room twice in 3 years is not cool.

He created a very good mentality for Real Madrid though. They couldn't pass 1/8 of final since 2003 before he went there. He then reached semist 3 times in a row, and since then they always did so (until this season). Perez is not a fool despite looking like that many times.

macheda14

Haven't got to the united part, but here's the show for anyone who wants to watch it.

Edit: The format is a bit odd, so it does seem like he just has one thing to say about united and that's it, but it does come back to it throughout the show.

Final Edit: It's too short a show, nothing interesting is really said, he can't linger on anything for too long.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
There's a lot of debate whether they have that kind of money. Their renovation project is set to cost €1bn. I don't know if they're still going ahead with that.

Adisa

I was thinking last night, the worst thing Real could do is make a hasty decision, now it seems they have.

ti vu

There's a lot of debate whether they have that kind of money. Their renovation project is set to cost €1bn. I don't know if they're still going ahead with that.
Unless they are to trigger some buy out clause. Play it well they can get the players and pay over the years. Madrid name has it own pull, so they get some advantage when it comes to negotiation.
I was thinking last night, the worst thing Real could do is make a hasty decision, now it seems they have.
Do they have anything to lose?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Unless they are to trigger some buy out clause. Play it well they can get the players and pay over the years. Madrid name has it own pull, so they get some advantage when it comes to negotiation.

Their love for football?

Canagel

I initially thought it was only Perez pushing for Mourinho but their fans have been calling for it too.

they deserve everything coming their way.

Adisa

Top players cost a lot of money regardless of name pull. Hazard who has a year left is going to cost £80m+.
On if they had nothing to lose. Yes they have. The season is over for them. Why make a decision now? Is Mourinho the right man to rebuild this Madrid side? A side with a lot of young players?

cyberman

Top players cost a lot of money regardless of name pull. Hazard who has a year left is going to cost £80m+.
On if they had nothing to lose. Yes they have. The season is over for them. Why make a decision now? Is Mourinho the right man to rebuild this Madrid side? A side with a lot of young players?
How many talented attackers will work under Jose after his United stint?
Its a strange choice, especially with their invest in youth movement.