What next for Mourinho?

Borden

The irony here is that those who show any kind of support to Jose are labelled 'fanboys' or 'obsessed' etc meanwhile, it is the other way round when you read this thread. Some people here are totally obsessed with hating on this guy. Let it go. Move on.
Nope. Deal with it. He takes obvious shots at us in the media and you take issue that people are annoyed? Where exactly does your loyalty lie?

Last edited:

Kag

Has there ever been a manager so fixated on their own success? He views the management gig entirely through the prism of his own achievements. Constantly reminding the world what ‘he’ has won and where. It isn’t normal either. Ferguson was the manager of the ‘club’ that was winning. Klopp, Guardiola and Ancelotti are some of the biggest hitters in world football and they don’t remind the media what they have won every few weeks. Rafa Benitez doesn’t witter on about his past successes every time Newcastle lose a game, does he? With Mourinho, it’s like a personal war against football. It’s ‘his’ success. Chelsea won because of him. Inter won because of him. So did Madrid and then United. Even if it were true (and in some cases it is), it’s an openly strange way to discuss football in the media.

It’s also brilliant the way he uses a conversation about Ranieri and Fulham to imply that of course Solskjaer isn’t a better manager than him. Fulham can’t get a manager better than Ranieri. “Not at all”. But they can maybe get somebody in who changes the results in the short term...

Obvious dig is obvious.

dove

If the way we have lined up in big games since Sevilla is anything to go by, he's not still a good tactician.
I think his tactics is more suited for underdogs, similar to Simeone's Atletico but it doesn't mean he lost all his abilities overnight. He definitely lost his "Special one" aura around him and it feels like he lost some passion for football in general but I stick to my point that he would be a great addition to MNF in terms of providing tactical insight as he is still far far better at it than Neville or Carragher will ever be.

R'hllor

The irony here is that those who show any kind of support to Jose are labelled 'fanboys' or 'obsessed' etc meanwhile, it is the other way round when you read this thread. Some people here are totally obsessed with hating on this guy. Let it go. Move on.
Horseshit, not true at all, only special bunch were called cultists, fanboys etc. and they never showed support to Jose, it was blind following mode on Trump level, like in dictatorship countries. Those who showed support to Jose werent hit as much with being called out because they didnt behave like utter pricks towards posters who started to express their concerns regarding JM in early stages when huge majority were still behind JM.

Stepney73

I think his tactics is more suited for underdogs, similar to Simeone's Atletico but it doesn't mean he lost all his abilities overnight. He definitely lost his "Special one" aura around him and it feels like he lost some passion for football in general but I stick to my point that he would be a great addition to MNF in terms of providing tactical insight as he is still far far better at it than Neville or Carragher will ever be.
He labelled himself the special one during his first spell at Chelsea and tbf he did bag a few pots with a good team but he had more or less an unlimited budget.

A true special one would get a club like Everton or Spurs dominating the pl.

johanovic

If Mourinho was such a great manager how come he has been sacked from his last 3 jobs? How can a self proclaimed genius mange to turn most players against him after a certain time at least? And how come a young and upcoming manager from Norway can turn things around completly? Mourinho hinted in a interview last night that he could not see things last and you could read between the lines he was aiming a dig at OGS. Mourinho is looking worse and worse every week and perhaps behaving like a know it all primadonna is not the right way to approach things? Sir Alex would never have done that and he knew you were only as good as your last title.

GM K

Nope. Deal with it. He takes obvious shots at us in the media and you take issue that people are annoyed? Where exactly does your loyalty lie?
Which cheap shots did he take at us? You mean the point about structure? How will any true United fan deny such a reality? I elated by the Ole revolution but not for a minute have I been blinded to the reality that to hit the heights in world football once again, we need more holistic changes.

And please do not question my loyalty because I am not on the 'crucify Jose' bandwagon. Hating him is the what proves loyalty to the club.

GM K

Horseshit, not true at all, only special bunch were called cultists, fanboys etc. and they never showed support to Jose, it was blind following mode on Trump level, like in dictatorship countries. Those who showed support to Jose werent hit as much with being called out because they didnt behave like utter pricks towards posters who started to express their concerns regarding JM in early stages when huge majority were still behind JM.
Thank you for the clarification. You and those you mention are obviously very objective and reasonable. But I know what I was saying. There were those who attacked you for any kind of commendation to or support for Jose. It was as if liking him meant not being a United fan. I found the notion absolutely ridiculous. I liked him, I still do and I am still a United fan. People should deal with that. Does it mean he did not screw up? No it doesn't. He did screw up, was rightly fired and it is exciting to see the club experiencing a turn around under Ole.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If Mourinho was such a great manager how come he has been sacked from his last 3 jobs? How can a self proclaimed genius mange to turn most players against him after a certain time at least? And how come a young and upcoming manager from Norway can turn things around completly? Mourinho hinted in a interview last night that he could not see things last and you could read between the lines he was aiming a dig at OGS. Mourinho is looking worse and worse every week and perhaps behaving like a know it all primadonna is not the right way to approach things? Sir Alex would never have done that and he knew you were only as good as your last title.
All great managers lose their aura after a certain period and start making odd calls/get more paranoid about stuff.

Who knows but in 10 years Guardiola might've joined that category as slim as that looks now.

Untd55

Honestly, I think he is just answering questions. No big deal.

Still, think he is a good manager and believes he may do well at his next club. Think it will be better if he takes on an underdog again; hasn't done that for a while now.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He is preparing his return to Madrid.
Let's see what he says about Ramos in the next weeks

United_We_Stand

The wide-ranging interview between the former Manchester United boss, who added that he feels that a sense of unfinished business between himself and the side since his dismissal in December last year.

“The only club where I feel that is in relation to Manchester United, the moment I left with what I think I could have achieved and the improvement of a few things but all the other clubs I have the best possible feeling, which is I gave everything.”

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Any chance of him ending up at Wolves should Nuno get snapped up by another club?

spiriticon

He's obviously still a decent analyst of the game.

He just lost his man/team management skills and that was unfortunately a big part of his success.

Zoo

Jose and his poison are coming to a Madrid dressing room soon.

Paul_Scholes18

He took us out of the group so if we win the champions league he deserves some credit for it ;). I hope Real doesn't get him because it could be bloody for them.

Eric7C

He took us out of the group so if we win the champions league he deserves some credit for it ;).
He also kept our run in Turin going ;)

I hope Real doesn't get him because it could be bloody for them.
If he goes there and they don't buy some real quality, and he has to end up working with the youngsters, then it could spell the end of his career at the top.

Call me bitter, but after what he did to us and to the beautiful players of our club, I hope it happens.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Jose Mourinho is returning to football with RT for a special new show offering coverage of the UEFA Champions League, following the revered Portuguese manager’s popular stint with us during last summer’s World Cup in Russia.
As the world discusses what comes next for ‘The Special One’, RT has the answer as we can announce that Mourinho will be on your screens with a new fortnightly show, ‘On the touchline with Jose Mourinho’, which kicks off on March 7.

The show will offer unique analysis from the Portuguese managerial great on all the week’s Champions League action, as well as special insight into the biggest talking points in the world of football.
The opening show will air just after the first set of Champions League last 16 second-leg matches have been concluded, and Mourinho will remain with us until the tournament final in Madrid on June 1.

looking forward to red part of it :keano:

tomaldinho1

PSG job is now up for grabs

Much better proposition than Real which needs a complete rebuild. Also great for other teams because Mbappe, Neymar etc will fall out with him and move on!

Skills

Snitch
PSG job is now up for grabs

Much better proposition than Real which needs a complete rebuild. Also great for other teams because Mbappe, Neymar etc will fall out with him and move on!
They won't pull the trigger on Tuchel yet. Not for Mourinho at least.

Only way I see Tuchel leaving this summer, is if they've got Zidane lined up for the job.

Tiber

On the field he ran this team into the ground. Off the field he talked both the club and team down time and again. All the while his poisonous culture seeped into the very roots of the club.

What should be do next? Retire in disgrace.

Seven Seas Sardines

Jose Mourinho is returning to football with RT for a special new show offering coverage of the UEFA Champions League, following the revered Portuguese manager’s popular stint with us during last summer’s World Cup in Russia.
As the world discusses what comes next for ‘The Special One’, RT has the answer as we can announce that Mourinho will be on your screens with a new fortnightly show, ‘On the touchline with Jose Mourinho’, which kicks off on March 7.

The show will offer unique analysis from the Portuguese managerial great on all the week’s Champions League action, as well as special insight into the biggest talking points in the world of football.
The opening show will air just after the first set of Champions League last 16 second-leg matches have been concluded, and Mourinho will remain with us until the tournament final in Madrid on June 1.

"Football heritage is even worse for PSG despite their pillow."

Needham

He'll focus on how luck plays such a big part in games/goals, how "beeg beeg clubs" (he'll be referring to PSG) can "so so easily fail", maybe if he's feeling piss-takingly arrogant he'll touch on how he brought McTominay through and played a part in the advancement of Chong and Greenwood by being employed by the same club at the same time as they were, and at least 90% of his analysis will focus on how PSG failed to be defensive enough.