What next for Mourinho?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You seem to imply he wasn’t as bad as the rest of the world thinks. Is that true?
Do you really want to know? Do you really want to live in a world in which Domenech wasn't an incompetent clown who made coaching decisions based on the horoscope???

Saffron

I don't really undestand your question, what do you mean by bad?
I mean this is a direct quote from his Wikipedia article:

”As a keen amateur dramatist and astrologer, Domenech has admitted to distrusting Scorpios, such as Robert Pires. This led to the choosing of Vikash Dhorasoo”

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
The worst thing a Chinese club could do would be to employ him. If they want to grow their league they need a man who will connect with fans and stay there for a while.

Skills

Snitch
Do you really want to know? Do you really want to live in a world in which Domenech wasn't an incompetent clown who made coaching decisions based on the horoscope???
I've heard the same mentioned about Simeone :nervous:

Champagne Football

The worst thing a Chinese club could do would be to employ him. If they want to grow their league they need a man who will connect with fans and stay there for a while.
I think Jose making such a scene by going out to China for talks and then refusing all the money, had more to do with trying to stay relevant while promoting himself, letting big clubs in Europe know he's still out there, than ever really being serious about going to China.

I think he's praying a new billionaire will take over a club in England and will hire him to start the project.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I mean this is a direct quote from his Wikipedia article:

”As a keen amateur dramatist and astrologer, Domenech has admitted to distrusting Scorpios, such as Robert Pires. This led to the choosing of Vikash Dhorasoo”
Not only there is nothing to support that claim but he selected Reveillere and Pedretti who are both scorpio. Whether we agree with him, he thought that Pirès was on the decline and not good enough.

Saffron

Not only there is nothing to support that claim but he selected Reveillere and Pedretti who are both scorpio. Whether we agree with him, he thought that Pirès was on the decline and not good enough.
Thanks for answering. But even disregarding that, most people outside of France thinks he’s a clown who got lucky in WC 06 thanks to Zidane.

Doesn’t finising last in your group in Euro 08, almost missing WC 10 and finising last in your group again have something to do with Domenech? Even if there was a player revolt, you shouldn’t even have been there. You needed a hand goal to beat Ireland.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
I've heard the same mentioned about Simeone :nervous:
Yes, it's shocking but true. Simeone is Taurus and he doesn't want to work with players that are Scorpio..because they are his opposite sign ..

JPRouve

Scout
Thanks for answering. But even disregarding that, most people outside of France thinks he’s a clown who got lucky in WC 06 thanks to Zidane.

Doesn’t finising last in your group in Euro 08, almost missing WC 10 and finising last in your group again have something to do with Domenech? Even if there was a player revolt, you shouldn’t even have been there. You needed a hand goal to beat Ireland.
Again I have no idea about what you are on about. I don't care about what people think about Domenech, I didn't defend his tenure and I don't care about it either. I was asked about what he did after football and whether a rumour was true, nothing else.

JPRouve

Scout
Yes, it's shocking but true. Simeone is Taurus and he doesn't want to work with players that are Scorpio..because they are his opposite sign ..
Does it apply to Morata, Saul and Lemar?

Saffron

Again I have no idea about what you are on about. I don't care about what people think about Domenech, I didn't defend his tenure and I don't care about it either. I was asked about what he did after football and whether a rumour was true, nothing else.
Okay, but what did you think of his proposal? The Telegraph:

Instead of offering a heart-felt mea culpa for what the French press have dubbed a "shipwreck" after his side crashed 2-0 to Italy, Raymond Domenech launched into a tortured declaration of love on national television for his girlfriend Estelle Denis.

"I have only one project: to marry Estelle, which is what I'm asking her today."

"I know it's difficult, but it's at moments like this that you need everyone and I need her," he said with tears in his eyes.

Le Parisien described the outburst as "unreal", while sports daily l'Equipe was furious at Domenech's "error of taste".

Domenech yesterday made a bizarre excuse that the cul-de-sac layout of the team's hotel next to Lake Geneva, Switzerland, forced his team into a "closed" style of play against Italy, the Netherhands and Romania.

"Resign!" screamed France Soir's front page. "There is only one exit: the door."

French fans are not just gunning for Domenech over his romantic outburst: there is also general agreement that the French coach has displayed abysmal tactical judgement by clinging to an older generation of players and then choosing poor last-minute replacements.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
There's nothing grown up about this, you learn not to do this shit as an undergraduate, the world over.
so you are saying that you can't claim that Jose's leaving and United not getting much better are linked... abut then I supposed what you are studying as an undergrad (oh, and by the way, many degrees are given without any recourse to spelling and grammar

Moonwalker

so you are saying that you can't claim that Jose's leaving and United not getting much better are linked... abut then I supposed what you are studying as an undergrad (oh, and by the way, many degrees are given without any recourse to spelling and grammar
You moved from logical fallacies to completely incoherent babble now. As you were.

United_We_Stand

The whole Guangzhou Evergrande's offer story was clearly leaked to media by Mourinho/Mendes, it was the most obvious PR stunt.

Keefy18

He's finished at top clubs, he'll be lucky to get a job at an Everton level type of club I reckon going forward.

Best he can hope for is the Portuguese national side and even then I'd say they are wary.

Champagne Football

It must be a little embarrassing for someone who never shies away from insisting they are the greatest of all time, when the likes of Roma, Inter, Juventus, Lyon, Madrid, all opted to go for someone else instead, despite the special one flirting like crazy to let them know he was available.

steffyr2

He's finished at top clubs, he'll be lucky to get a job at an Everton level type of club I reckon going forward.

Best he can hope for is the Portuguese national side and even then I'd say they are wary.
Interesting, could explain why Utd had to go for Ole.

Keefy18

Interesting, could explain why Utd had to go for Ole.
Does Ole have a history of causing chaos at clubs? Jose does and any club with the slightest bit of sense about it won't touch Jose going forward.

Utd7

Top level in Europe he’s done. But I can see him managing Beckham’s MLS team in Miami next spring for the star power. Plus José loves the U.S.

Eddy_JukeZ

I said he'd never win another league title at a top league ever again.

Some contested it.

He is completely finished.

DoomSlayer

I love how salty his fanboys are. Also love the fact that not top or semi-top clubs want to even touch Mourinho.

He might be a tactical mastermind, but is such an insecure prick and his whole career revolves around his big ego, wanting to always be the center of attention.

AlwaysRed66

I love how salty his fanboys are. Also love the fact that not top or semi-top clubs want to even touch Mourinho.

He might be a tactical mastermind, but is such an insecure prick and his whole career revolves around his big ego, wanting to always be the center of attention.
I was glad to see him go, as he was past his best & was damaging the clubs reputation with his antics. Saying that, he was so right about many of the players who play for our side, whose performances & antics have confirmed why he had little faith in them.

Saffron

I was glad to see him go, as he was past his best & was damaging the clubs reputation with his antics. Saying that, he was so right about many of the players who play for our side, whose performances & antics have confirmed why he had little faith in them.
Well the players he praised are hardly any better. Seems all he wants nowadays are teacher’s pets who placate his ego.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Think he's on Sky tomorrow, so obviously itching to get back in the saddle. Queue the comments from him about waiting for the right project to fit his profile, turning down 50 job offers in the last few months, coming back stronger than before, still being one of the best, being proved right about Pogba, United etc., etc., etc.

UncleBob

https://www.skysports.com/football/...f-fire-ahead-of-return-to-football-management

"I miss my football, I have the fire, I have a compromise with myself, with people that love me, with so many fans that I have around the world, so many people that I inspired.

"Ze has to be Ze and Ze until the last day, but I don't see the last day because my next move will be like the start! I don't feel it's just one more year in accumulation of how many years I've worked, how many titles I've won. That is history, that is the museum!

"Why do I say 'no'? I say 'no' because it's not [at] the level of challenge that I want. But, with all respect to the possibilities I have had and the clubs involved, I want the right to choose the people who are 'Mourinhista' - like people say in Portugal, Spain and Italy - 'Mourinhista' is someone who is a fan.

"The 'Mourinhistas' want me where I belong, so, for me now, it's not a question of [saying], 'okay I have this offer and I'm going to take it'. I have to be patient and wait for the right opportunity and the right opportunity is one that is at the same size and the same level that I am as a manager.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
I can see him as a potential Kovac successor. I've read an interview a few days ago, where he said that he is learning german and that he would like to work in the Bundesliga, because he worked in England, Spain and Italy already.

Hopefully not. Can't imagine a worse fit for Bayern. He should go to PSG and Tuchel to Bayern.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
https://www.skysports.com/football/...f-fire-ahead-of-return-to-football-management

"I miss my football, I have the fire, I have a compromise with myself, with people that love me, with so many fans that I have around the world, so many people that I inspired.

"Ze has to be Ze and Ze until the last day, but I don't see the last day because my next move will be like the start! I don't feel it's just one more year in accumulation of how many years I've worked, how many titles I've won. That is history, that is the museum!

"Why do I say 'no'? I say 'no' because it's not [at] the level of challenge that I want. But, with all respect to the possibilities I have had and the clubs involved, I want the right to choose the people who are 'Mourinhista' - like people say in Portugal, Spain and Italy - 'Mourinhista' is someone who is a fan.

"The 'Mourinhistas' want me where I belong, so, for me now, it's not a question of [saying], 'okay I have this offer and I'm going to take it'. I have to be patient and wait for the right opportunity and the right opportunity is one that is at the same size and the same level that I am as a manager.
The two bolded parts sound like a contradiction.