What next for Mourinho?

dannyando

Leicester is no where near as rich as needed nor is an historic or appealing team to attract the top players.

They have zero chance to compete for the throphies Mourinho wants, their cinderella season will not happen again. Their goal is to get to europa league spots, I dont think Mourinho would settle for a team like that.
Stiff shit for him. He may not have a choice. Why do you think he has a god given right to walk in to a big club? This is where he's at these days. He's a poor manager and should be at a poor club.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I still think that he is a good manager but he needs to be somewhere quiet. Monaco is the perfect place if he is willing to take his time, finally work with young players and go back to the basic of management which is coaching.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Wouldn't take LVG at Feyenoord either if that eases your pain somewhat :)

It has nothing to do with his capacity as a trainer though, I just think he's a cnut. And if I cared about winning so much I wouldn't support Feyenoord ;)
You and me have the same problem when it comes to the clubs we support. Sadly we don’t win a lot. But at least you got to see them win the league title. I’m still waiting ....:houllier:

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
He will most likely finish in PSG or Inter. I think those are his only two big job options right now.

He can do a really good job if given everything he needs, but ultimately he will break evertything apart, so its either PSG aiming to win the UCL with him or go back to Inter where it all worked out great.

I think he is done in England, at least for the top 6.
Inter is not really a big job :D and I hope not seeing back in serie A, cannot stand him. Real might be an option if Solari does not win the league or CL

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
He's better as a underdog, like Chelsea first time, porto, inter milan (in cl).
Whenever he gets a bigger team, Chelsea after Winning with money, Real, United, he can't handle it.
He needs to be underdog.

Maybe Portugal?

68Guns

No true man united fam gives a flying fcuk about the poisonous one. He is history, he has brought shame to our great club and we are all glad he has gone.
Why would anyone with any brain cells start a new thread about him? seriously? No fcuker cares about him. Good riddance.
Mods ...please stop anymore talk about Jose he was useless, brought shame to the club made us a laughing stock and should be officially erased from our history.
Let him rot in London forever more.

bonothom

I think PSG might try for him if they don't win the Champions League this season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No true man united fam gives a flying fcuk about the poisonous one. He is history, he has brought shame to our great club and we are all glad he has gone.
Why would anyone with any brain cells start a new thread about him? seriously? No fcuker cares about him. Good riddance.
Mods ...please stop anymore talk about Jose he was useless, brought shame to the club made us a laughing stock and should be officially erased from our history.
Let him rot in London forever more.
That's totally not over the top.

GM K

Those saying he is finished underestimate how brilliant he is, how fickle modern football is and how much influence money has on the game. Soon, some club somewhere will become desperate and Jose will be available. Who in this world ever thought United would hire him?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I still think that he is a good manager but he needs to be somewhere quiet. Monaco is the perfect place if he is willing to take his time, finally work with young players and go back to the basic of management which is coaching.
Can monaco afford his annual cb at 30-60m a pop?

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Those saying he is finished underestimate how brilliant he is, how fickle modern football is and how much influence money has on the game. Soon, some club somewhere will become desperate and Jose will be available. Who in this world ever thought United would hire him?
The fact that Mark Hughes still gets jobs tells me that Mourinho will get something sooner or later.

Football chairmen are a different type of people. Having Mendez as his agent doesn't hurt either.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
The fact that Mark Hughes still gets jobs tells me that Mourinho will get something sooner or later.

Football chairmen are a different type of people. Having Mendez as his agent doesn't hurt either.
But, would he take a Newcastle type job like Benitez did?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He will get a job but I don’t think it’s going to be a club with the kind of checkbook he prefers, he might have to drop a tier and go for a club like Inter to rediscover himself in current football.

I don’t think he will get what he needs to overturn juventus dominance in serie A and he’ll have to spend every penny wisely which he hasn’t shown he’s capable of in recent times.

He’s one bad job away from having his agent call clubs every time a mid table manager is sacked.

GM K

He will get a job but I don’t think it’s going to be a club with the kind of checkbook he prefers, he might have to drop a tier and go for a club like Inter to rediscover himself in current football.

I don’t think he will get what he needs to overturn juventus dominance in serie A and he’ll have to spend every penny wisely which he hasn’t shown he’s capable of in recent times.

He’s one bad job away from having his agent call clubs every time a mid table manager is sacked.
There are strong rumours Madrid wants him back. Inter is also climbing its way back to the top gradually and Juventus will stop winning one day. PSG is always one knockout from the CL away from seeking a new manager.
Football is a VERY strange sport. Never say never. But I agree, Jose needs to be careful going forward. One bad screw up can change things.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He's better as a underdog, like Chelsea first time, porto, inter milan (in cl).
Whenever he gets a bigger team, Chelsea after Winning with money, Real, United, he can't handle it.
He needs to be underdog.

Maybe Portugal?
POrtugal NT? You really hate us, don't you?

Van Aanholt's Express

Supports
Wigan
Until he's back at a club where he can't buy his way to success he won't rediscover the skills that made him what he was.

I'd have him at Wigan.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Mi biggest fear is he doesn't get a job until 2020. I honestly don't think we would play much better than under Santos.
At least Santos tries to adapt, like he did at Euro where we lacked developed wingers and we went with 4x1x2x1x2 and then at World Cup we switched between 4x1x2x1x2 and 4x3x3.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
At least Santos tries to adapt, like he did at Euro where we lacked developed wingers and we went with 4x1x2x1x2 and then at World Cup we switched between 4x1x2x1x2 and 4x3x3.
Jose will moan to the board and the country for new players.

"Look that country is producing so many talents why aren't you?"

RAVred

He will manage a top tier club (like Real Madrid, or the madrid clubs) and do relatively well. Or not manage again.

anyway why does caf care? Mostly people hated him anyway

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Jose will moan to the board and the country for new players.

"Look that country is producing so many talents why aren't you?"
It's funny because it's true. I can actually see him moaning about lack of quality players at certian positions.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
It's funny because it's true. I can actually see him moaning about lack of quality players at certian positions.
He just wants readymade quality. Never saw any player raise his levels to WC under him. Only mediocre ones who sometimes became good.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Inter, Roma, Milan, maybe PSG, if Tuchel fails in the CL, maybe Real, if Florentino has a bad fever dream. A few national teams might be tempted to give him a shot.

crossy1686

career ending
Inter: No, they've majorly changed their setup since he was last there and their owner has told the board "Don't listen to me on footballing matters because I think with my heart and not my head". They've also appointed a DoF that used to be at Juventus and Jose won't work with a DoF, especially this guy. They're going in a completely different direction now.

Portugal: Outside bet, they've given their coach a contract until 2022 and he plans on honouring it. The only chance he's got of getting this job is if they win the Nations League and the coach believe's he's taken Portugal as far as he can and steps down. Apart from that, no matter what the result is, he'll stay.

Real Madrid: Yes, still has close ties with Perez and Perez wants to clear shop. No better person to come in and drive all your old players (particularly Ramos) out of the club than Jose. Expecting Perez to start making noise about Jose in the coming months. If you're a gambling man, this is where you should put your money.

PSG: Maybe? All depends on how Tuchel does, they're already talking about replacing him. However, they do feel as though they've outgrown a manager like Mourinho and should be looking more towards a manager like Pep.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Can monaco afford his annual cb at 30-60m a pop?
That's a good question.:lol:

I would like to see him in a smaller club though, at the moment he doesn't handle well scrutiny.

billybee99

Should try going back to Italy, or maybe Germany.
Why the hell would PSG try for him? Can you imagine what he would do to Neymar and Mbappe? He would probably buy Lingard and play him in place of one of them because they wouldn't track back to their own penalty box. Not a chance. He is done at top level.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Why the hell would PSG try for him? Can you imagine what he would do to Neymar and Mbappe? He would probably buy Lingard and play him in place of one of them because they wouldn't track back to their own penalty box. .

Yikes, and you're right about that. Mou wants programmed athletes, not footballers.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Maybe England job at some point? He does have a love affair with English football and I wouldn't put it past the English FA.