What one single action would make you a ten Hag fan again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
He could wear proper shoes with that navy suit. I had my doubts from the moment he walked out in that suit with white trainers on.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Grow a Bob Ross afro overnight and win 80% of his games with a clear style of play.

Mainly the afro though.

Gandalf

Change the formation.

The biggest strike against him is that teams have been walking through us all season long because we have a 50 yard void in the midfield. Despite this being obvious to everyone he continues to pick the same players and play the same system week in and week out and this makes him look like he either is tactically clueless or stubborn to the point of stupidity.

Fit the formation and team tactics to what you have at your disposal. Might be the best tactic ever but if you don't have the squad to make it work find something they can execute proficiently.

It is a glaring flaw and his failure to address it is going to be why he is justifiably let go in the summer.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Gets so annoyed during a performance that he furiously changes into full kit on the sideline, subs himself on and proceeds to put in a Zidanesque performance scoring a hatrick and smashes into everyone in sight like a madman, including his own teammates.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Sell rashford, martial, casemiro, varane to Saudi for a combined 500 million.

AndySmith1990

I was never a Ten Hag fan, I'm a Manchester United fan. And nothing he does in the remaining games of the season would change anything, because I've seen enough to know he's not the man to take this club forward

Jericholyte2

Directly name and shame those who are letting the side down, we know who they are anyways, and out Rashford on the transfer list.

SER19

Win the cup and he should be given a shot after a summer of Ineos recruitment

LordSpud

Win the cup and he should be given a shot after a summer of Ineos recruitment
I honestly don't think it will be this summer that INEOS proper make a mark. Probably next summer.

SER19

I honestly don't think it will be this summer that INEOS proper make a mark. Probably next summer.
At the very least Im hoping some new ideas are implemented for recruitment. But yeah, win the cup or bust for Erik I think.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Try to control a game. Scrap that press High, defend deep bullshit.

Ace

I think I could be a fan of his if he were managing another club. He's failed miserably at both coaching and recruitment which has set our squad back. He was the right hire at the time, but it just hasn't worked out. I think under different conditions if we weren't going through an ownership transition, he would've already gotten the sack.

I think we'll make the cup final, but looking our last league fixtures in May, and I don't think we have a single winnable game. We'll end the league in 8th or 9th place, get thrashed in the final by City, and part ways pretty swiftly.

didz

It wouldn't take much. He's going to win us the FA Cup anyway so that's a good start. That won't be enough on its own though - we need better form, fewer cockups, and the odd match wear I don't almost end up as bald as him.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Maybe get even balder? He's bald, fair enough, but there really is no limit to how bald you can get when you think about it. He probably has - I dunno - follicles, or follicle roots that could be pulled out? Or removed by laser?

Is it actually possible to polish your bald head, to make it shine, like in cartoons? Apply some sort of lotion (or grease)?

The only reason anyone considered him a decent option in the first place was that he was bald (like Pep) - but it doesn't seem to work for whatever reason.

I dunno, to be honest. If he can't get balder, perhaps he could do something with his teeth (Klopp style). Fangs? Bald + fangs? Could go for that Nosferatu style (a timeless look, if nothing else).

Irwin99

Change the fecking system for the rest of the season at least and work on the chaos/suicide ball (if you must) when you get better, more athletic players in the summer, presuming you're still here that is.

Also, win every game left in the season and the FA cup :wenger:

ScholesyTheWise

the least he can do is try and entertain me.
I'd like him to field Maguire in an offensive role where he's instructed to dribble as much as he can, with stepovers and all that jazz.

Adz_99

Winning every game between now and the end of the season, including the FA cup.

And even then I don't think it makes up for the previous 40 games

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Close the gap between defence and attack. Make the pitch smaller to support what is an acceptable high press.

I fully understand that our best defenders can’t play that high. So… just don’t pick them. Sacrifice to play to a doctrine instead of some band aid solution that sees a high press and low block, leaving our midfielders fighting a wildfire with water pistols.

I truly mean it when I say I’d take AWB and McTominay as a central pairing if it facilitated an actual reset. No they’re not as good defensively, the former is a liability in the box when central. But they can play there, they’re quicker, and we’d just spend so much more time playing football than having it played against us. I’m still confused as to whether Varane could hack it 20 yards further forward. Still think yes. If he can only do it for 60 minutes, just do that.

As it is, we’ve pissed away a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.