What should we do for the right wing if we don't get Sancho in the upcoming window?

eltigreFalcao

For me Sancho is the ideal player for that RW short and long term. Wouldn't mind waiting a window or two to get him, his price will go down as time goes by unless he signs another contract which I doubt it. I've got two possible solutions:

A: Buy Grealish, he can definitely do a job in the RW position, and also covers other positios for rotation. Keep the 4-2-3-1, or go for 4-3-3, he can play in either MF and RW, creating chances for Rashford and Martial

B: Ole has played with a 5-2-1-2 (5-3-2) and has even gone to play James in one of the further 2. Shifting that formation to a diamond would have much better results imo. Play McSause deep, or even Matic, who can press, cover ground and engage in battles with the opposition, furhter play Pogba and Fred, tasking the later with covering more ground, helping up the fullback, and the former to play up, pass forward, create and score. In the AM/SS Bruno, who can assist and score with ease, and up fornt our two best attackers Rashford and Martial, with Greenwood rotating with any of both.

Web of Bissaka

I’d look at pushing Bruno over to the right but allow him to drift in when he wants. Fred would be able to cover I think.

Not ideal but we have to get the best out of what we have got and we need Rash, Martial, pogba & Bruno.

Martial
Rashford Bruno
Pogba. McT. Fred
Good option to consider, Bruno as false RW.

If Pogba's staying, we should fully make use of his various attacking talents and scoring threats. I'm disappointed at times with his three most recent managers that insist on putting him back/deeper positions (although I get the reasoning) especially if those upfronts/in-front of him are failing or lacking quality.

I think McT and Fred should be the dual CDM at the base, and let the front 4 to freely exchange their positions at times to attack.

Imagine these 4..
Martial
Rashford -- Pogba -- Bruno​

..exchange positions freely when we're attacking. Our attacks will be totally unpredictable and everywhere + every angles + distances are threats. Martial, Pogba and Rashford provides good threats in the box on the ground and air. Rash, Pog and Bruno are also a huge threats in distance, and the three of them showed good attacking instincts whether it's on the left, centre or right. Martial is the only one limited to only left and centre. Bruno possibly limited inside the box but doesn't matter, the threats he offer outside are just too good.

:devil: We have the players, use it!

Sea-Cow

The right answer is Miguel Almiron from Newcastle.

Everyone else is wrong.

Ollie Derbyshire

Why push Bruno right?

Have we learnt nothing?

Play a winger out wide keep Bruno (who is not a winger) in the middle where he can influence play.
I think he’s good enough to play inside right without losing anything from his game.
You could even split rash and martial wide up top and drop Bruno in behind them

James Peril

Play James and Greenwood, wait for the right player. If that player isn’t Sancho, then wait until the next eight player is available. No compromise on quality.
Starting the season with James/Greenwood would be exactly that though, just as it was last season. We ended the season before it started by selling Lukaku, not buying a striker and a proper right-sided forward. I’m sure that’s something OGS would spin off into his huge mirage of development and team chemistry, but results are poor, we aren’t scoring enough goals and we’re outside the top 4 just like we deserve to be. Good players, like Fernandes, shockingly make us better. Go all out on proper players, there are good players in the market even if Sancho wasn’t willing to come back to Manchester - starting the season with James would be.. you get the picture.

fps

Starting the season with James/Greenwood would be exactly that though, just as it was last season. We ended the season before it started by selling Lukaku, not buying a striker and a proper right-sided forward. I’m sure that’s something OGS would spin off into his huge mirage of development and team chemistry, but results are poor, we aren’t scoring enough goals and we’re outside the top 4 just like we deserve to be. Good players, like Fernandes, shockingly make us better. Go all out on proper players, there are good players in the market even if Sancho wasn’t willing to come back to Manchester - starting the season with James would be.. you get the picture.
Both players will be a season better, so it won’t be exactly the same, and yes Fernandes arriving has definitely helped the others look better. Results weren’t poor there had been an uptick in performances and results generally with top 4 very much on.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
David Brooks
I too think he is a very interesting player. So underrated. But it would be a risk considering the severity of his injury. Will be interesting to watch him when the season gets back.

I also think quite a few underestimate the importance of what a player do off the ball. A game last for 90 minutes (60-70 minutes effectively), but very few players are on the ball for more than a few minutes. David Brooks is similar to Bernardo Silva with regards to pressing; quick, intelligent and with great stamnia. He did a great job taking Jorginho out of a game against Chelsea for instance.

Another option, who has already been mentioned, is Ismaila Sarr. He reminds me a bit of a very young Ronaldo with his size, strenght, pace and technique. Very raw, but huge potential. Bullied Shaw a bit, and gave a few Liverpool players a tough time too. Totally different player to Brooks obviously.

Willian, for free, to be well positioned for Sancho next year, would work too.

But I’m not too worried about getting Sancho. He is a huge talent obviously, but we have seen more than a few attacking players struggle to make an impact after leaving Dortmund. Kagawa, Mhiktaryan, Gotze and Dembele to name the most prominent players. I think the level in the Bundesliga is significantly lower than the PL/Bundesliga. I also think the pressure at Dortmund is quite different from Man Utd and a lot of other big clubs. Last, and maybe more important, they play an attacking football that really suits a lot of these players.

In my opinion, Sancho, due to both age
and talent is quite safe. But I still think he would need more time than quite a few would expect. I’m not convinced that he is ready mentally for such a high profile move. Favre has been critical to his attitude. And considering the amount in question I’m a bit worried that he could end up like «all» the other expensive players we buy.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'd just continue to play James and Greenwood out there if Sancho doesn't come, definitely would want to see more rotation between the two than there has been this year though albeit it's been understandable given the latters age

Brightonian

I think we have to balance the quality of what we've got against the quality of what we could get in, and the possibility of getting Sancho next summer if we don't get him this summer, which does seem likely. You don't want to buy someone mediocre for the position now just to cover one season and then miss out on a 'generational' talent like Sancho next summer.

From the players I've seen enough of to have an opinion, only Chiesa really makes sense to me. Maybe Zaniolo. Otherwise I'd say with Bruno and Pogba in midfield, Greenwood and James should be dangerous enough options for a season, and then go all out for Sancho next summer.

fps

I think we have to balance the quality of what we've got against the quality of what we could get in, and the possibility of getting Sancho next summer if we don't get him this summer, which does seem likely. You don't want to buy someone mediocre for the position now just to cover one season and then miss out on a 'generational' talent like Sancho next summer.

From the players I've seen enough of to have an opinion, only Chiesa really makes sense to me. Maybe Zaniolo. Otherwise I'd say with Bruno and Pogba in midfield, Greenwood and James should be dangerous enough options for a season, and then go all out for Sancho next summer.
I don't really understand where this phrase "generational talent" comes from, and I don't really understand why it's being applied to Sancho. He's 15 months younger than Mbappe, he's the top player of that group. He could be a very very good player though, as good as Sterling is and as good as Rashford might be too.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If there is an agreement in place and it’s another year, I think you could do worse than Willian on a free.

He doesn’t have the output in terms of goals, but is great at carrying the ball and is a natural on that side. He works hard too and is a good footballer.

Signing him on a free and focusing funds on a proper CF, and next year, turning to Sancho, doesn’t seem like a bad idea to me.

At the end of the day, we have no natural player in that position, so Willian would do nicely as a stop gap
Fully agree with this.

Brightonian

I don't really understand where this phrase "generational talent" comes from, and I don't really understand why it's being applied to Sancho. He's 15 months younger than Mbappe, he's the top player of that group. He could be a very very good player though, as good as Sterling is and as good as Rashford might be too.
That's why I put it in quotes, because I'm not really sure what it's supposed to mean. :lol: In this instance let's just say I mean the kind of player who'll be one of the best of his generation and who you so rarely get the opportunity to sign that it might be worth leaving a gap in your team for a season in order to get him.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

If Pogba's staying, we should fully make use of his various attacking talents and scoring threats. I'm disappointed at times with his three most recent managers that insist on putting him back/deeper positions (although I get the reasoning) especially if those upfronts/in-front of him are failing or lacking quality.

I think McT and Fred should be the dual CDM at the base, and let the front 4 to freely exchange their positions at times to attack.

Imagine these 4..
Martial

..exchange positions freely when we're attacking. Our attacks will be totally unpredictable and everywhere + every angles + distances are threats. Martial, Pogba and Rashford provides good threats in the box on the ground and air. Rash, Pog and Bruno are also a huge threats in distance, and the three of them showed good attacking instincts whether it's on the left, centre or right. Martial is the only one limited to only left and centre. Bruno possibly limited inside the box but doesn't matter, the threats he offer outside are just too good.

Can we stop with this false RW nonsense. We’ve had to watch Mata try and do that role and have constantly shoehorned players into a role they simply don’t know very well.

He has quite literally never played RW in his professional career

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bruno-fernandes/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/240306

AM - 136 games 49 goals 49 assists
CM - 82 games 23 goals 15 assists
SS - 35 games 12 goals 8 assists
LM 9 games 1 goal 0 assists
LW 2 games 1 goal 1 assist

What does that suggest you should do with that player if you want to really get the best out of him? Keep him central and close to goal. Not ask him to do something he’s never done.

The attacks won’t be unpredictable just because you have four good players working together it will all be central. Everyone wanting to cut inside where they are more comfortable you need width and AWB is not going to provide that and do all the defending all by himself he needs help and a proper player that understands the role working with him.

I would genuinely rather if we lose out on Sancho trying again next season or taking a gamble on a good RW like Sarr who has a decent goal and assist tally given him game time at Watford but someone who actually plays the position is a priority.

I think he’s good enough to play inside right without losing anything from his game.
You could even split rash and martial wide up top and drop Bruno in behind them
He’s literally never played from the right. He’s not quick enough to offer width which would then leave an entire flank for Wan Bissaka to cover. Let him play central and find space as he pleases and get a dedicated winger out wide.

I don’t understand people’s obsession with playing players out of position in Bruno’s case we all cried out for the need for a No10/CM who is creative to take the burden off Pogba and the first thing people want to do after he puts in excellent performances for us centrally is shift him out wide. It beggars belief!

Ollie Derbyshire

Can we stop with this false RW nonsense. We’ve had to watch Mata try and do that role and have constantly shoehorned players into a role they simply don’t know very well.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bruno-fernandes/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/240306

What does that suggest you should do with that player if you want to really get the best out of him? Keep him central and close to goal. Not ask him to do something he’s never done.

The attacks won’t be unpredictable just because you have four good players working together it will all be central. Everyone wanting to cut inside where they are more comfortable you need width and AWB is not going to provide that and do all the defending all by himself he needs help and a proper player that understands the role working with him.

I would genuinely rather if we lose out on Sancho trying again next season or taking a gamble on a good RW like Sarr who has a decent goal and assist tally given him game time at Watford but someone who actually plays the position is a priority.

He’s literally never played from the right. He’s not quick enough to offer width which would then leave an entire flank for Wan Bissaka to cover. Let him play central and find space as he pleases and get a dedicated winger out wide.

I don’t understand people’s obsession with playing players out of position in Bruno’s case we all cried out for the need for a No10/CM who is creative to take the burden off Pogba and the first thing people want to do after he puts in excellent performances for us centrally is shift him out wide. It beggars belief!
The question was, what do we if we don’t get Sancho, not we’re is best to play Bruno.
I think we use what we have and to be our best we get our best players on the pitch.

What would you do then? James? Best on the bench, Greenwood? Better coming on if needed and gaining more experience. Anyone else?

fps

That's why I put it in quotes, because I'm not really sure what it's supposed to mean. :lol: In this instance let's just say I mean the kind of player who'll be one of the best of his generation and who you so rarely get the opportunity to sign that it might be worth leaving a gap in your team for a season in order to get him.
Gotcha. I'd be very excited to see him on the right wing for sure. There has been so much paper talk.... I can't truly believe the club will get it over the line if we don't qualify for CL next season.

Ollie Derbyshire

What’s wrong with quality players changing positions throughout the game, your just picking a player putting him in a position and not allowing him to move around the pitch? That’s just stupid.

The right wing doesn’t have to be a big issue, a front four should be able to work together and rotate positions as they see fit.

So if Bruno is the No 10, where do you play Pogba or you just going to waste him as one the two in midfield and we get over run as usual when he plays there. Or you think if we keep him we’re not going to play him, cause that’s just not going to happen.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Imagine these 4..
Martial

People will complain about playing Bruno out of position but i think he can makeshift as RW and play in a similar style to Beckham

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
The question was, what do we if we don’t get Sancho, not we’re is best to play Bruno.
I think we use what we have and to be our best we get our best players on the pitch.

What would you do then? James? Best on the bench, Greenwood? Better coming on if needed and gaining more experience. Anyone else?
And I think it’s a terrible answer to that question and I’ve provided evidence to back up my point. The suggestion was in the absence of Sancho to push Bruno wide.

You can’t just chuck a player out wide in the PL and expect the same world class performances and looking at his history I’m entirely convinced (for once) that I’m definitely right here as there is literally no evidence to suggest he would do sell out wide on the right. If you have anything to back up him being effective from RM I’d love to see it.

If you read my post I answered what I would do. I wouldn’t neglect RW I’d sign an actual RW.

I think you have several options at this point. Buy an experienced winger and hope to bring Sancho in the season after another poster mentioned Willlian who though not ideal would gives us width and experience.

Or you look at younger options who could start and offer width so Sarr, Chiesa, Traore etc. I think whatever happens someone needs to come in to take that position as a a starter.

That IMO is better than forcing James or Greenwood (despite impressive numbers) into a starting role that isn’t their best position.

Web of Bissaka

I get your points.

It's just an option if we can't get a RW. Obviously better option would be to get one, but then if we did -- is he good enough? No, then the hunt continues. As you knew, we have no good natural right wingers for width, so what's the alternative?

Then considering with what we already have, there's the issue of how to fully make use of all our best attacking talents? or sacrifice few like putting Pogba deeper, which again restricts his attacks and put more risks on our defense. Or choose only one of Bruno/Pogba but bench the other? Improving efficiency while keeping balance is always tricky. Does that mean manager should not try to experiment and risk it? That's playing safe and lame plus limiting the potential of the team. Isn't it better to try? and who knows it yield better results. If fail, then simple back to safe/proven method and try other alternatives once results are stable.

I'm sure you understand well what "false RW" meant, meaning the fact that Bruno hasn't played as RW on paper (eventhough he drifted at times to the right-er side of the pitch at times and performed fine there) won't be a problem. The players he switched with eg. Pogba and Rashford (as I've suggested) will provide the widths in different transitions.

Firstly, we haven't seen the combination, so it's too early to say it won't work. Good chance it will be unpredictable. You say it won't work, but I say it might. Well who knows, try first. Plus, will it really be predictable where they will tend to be too centrally and cut-in as you've said? There's a good chance it'll be the opposite, reasons? Pogba and Bruno from what I've seen are very flexible and is not predictable -- movements and decision-makings when they're given license to roam and move freely. Both of them are natural at that. Martial and Rashford are the two that are more predictable in terms of their movements, decision-makings, spaces they move onto and where they usually attack.. when they're on their own. Pogba and Bruno are just everywhere and creative thus unpredictable which fits their playmaking tendencies. Rashford, Martial and Pogba have also showed many times unpredictable creative attacks when they combine together.

In theory, it could work. I understand your side of arguments of why it won't work but I disagree with most of it. Plus, we've been ignoring our right side attacks for so long now, it's actually non-existent (generally). We have been slicing through defenses from our overloaded left and centre attacks anyway. A better "false RW" i.e. better player than Mata or Lingard will make it easily better.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Rashford this season has put up world class numbers. Not saying he’s there yet but another season like it and he’s as good as.

Martial isn’t too far off IMO.

I think you’re right that even Sancho wouldn’t turn us into title challengers but I think Bruno in with a fit Pogba and Sancho would get us better than top 4.
It's not that you think I'm right, it was so obviously right he ain't turn us into one. After we signed Bruno & a striker Ighalo, we were on a very good run & form, should give you the idea that without Sancho we still have good enough squad for top 4 next season and it's not end of the world for not getting this right winger this summer like I have mentioned so many times before.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
People will complain about playing Bruno out of position but i think he can makeshift as RW and play in a similar style to Beckham
Based on what? Show me some analysis give me something to work with here. Because I’d genuinely like to see how people believe this is anything other than a huge waste of talent.

Beckham played RM with two strikers always upfront to aim at. A vastly different era and a completely different attacking set up. Bruno is not the man for that job.

What’s wrong with quality players changing positions throughout the game, your just picking a player putting him in a position and not allowing him to move around the pitch? That’s just stupid.

The right wing doesn’t have to be a big issue, a front four should be able to work together and rotate positions as they see fit.

So if Bruno is the No 10, where do you play Pogba or you just going to waste him as one the two in midfield and we get over run as usual when he plays there. Or you think if we keep him we’re not going to play him, cause that’s just not going to happen.
There is a distinct difference between me saying start him centrally and what you imply so don’t act like I’ve been saying keep him stuck in one place I’m not stupid and I currently have a weight of evidence backing up my reasoning people suggesting move him to RW have none that I’ve seen.

A player staring in CM still has freedoms to move wide etc and Bruno has done this since arriving very well. He finds the space from central areas and likes to have a lot of the ball and a lot of the pitch to work with. The key point here is freedom. Now I don’t know your understanding of footballing roles so I don’t mean to patronise but a wide role has much less freedom than a central attacking one.

Passing options are more limited to central diagonals or crosses and the touches of the ball fall. Pace becomes a much bigger factor generally speaking and especially when you play in a counter attacking side which I would say United are at the moment. Some of Bruno’s best qualities are his passing and positioning which would be limited greatly by only having options infield. This added to the fact he’s never been a RW and suddenly you’re asking a potentially world class AM to learn a completely new role in his first full season at a new club in the most physically demanding league? And I’m the one coming up with stupid ideas here?

You realise just saying it doesn’t have to be a problem isn’t actually a solution. You’re ignoring a key part of any modern PL clubs success width and threat from wide areas. It can be from fullbacks or wingers or both but it has to be present and forgive me but if there is one thing post Ferguson United has taught me its that square pegs don’t fit round holes. Need a RW? Get one. It’s like sticking Scholes out to LM for England! Are you Sven?

You play a CDM, Pogba at LCM and Bruno slightly more advanced at RAM if we are at home and you rotate that system to suit the needs of the match. Bruno has the ability and workrate to operate in a 3 as an attacking midfielder with Pogba box to box.

manutddjw

1. Greenwood and James
2. Ousmane Dembele

What we SHOULDN’T do is buy for the sake of buying when the player isn’t good enough and we have to go back and buy another player next summer. At least with Dembele he is class on his day.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I get your points.

It's just an option if we can't get a RW. Obviously better option would be to get one, but then if we did -- is he good enough? No, then the hunt continues. As you knew, we have no good natural right wingers for width, so what's the alternative?

Then considering with what we already have, there's the issue of how to fully make use of all our best attacking talents? or sacrifice few like putting Pogba deeper, which again restricts his attacks and put more risks on our defense. Or choose only one of Bruno/Pogba but bench the other? Improving efficiency while keeping balance is always tricky. Does that mean manager should not try to experiment and risk it? That's playing safe and lame plus limiting the potential of the team. Isn't it better to try? and who knows it yield better results. If fail, then simple back to safe/proven method and try other alternatives once results are stable.

I'm sure you understand well what "false RW" meant, meaning the fact that Bruno hasn't played as RW on paper (eventhough he drifted at times to the right-er side of the pitch at times and performed fine there) won't be a problem. The players he switched with eg. Pogba and Rashford (as I've suggested) will provide the widths in different transitions.

Firstly, we haven't seen the combination, so it's too early to say it won't work. Good chance it will be unpredictable. You say it won't work, but I say it might. Well who knows, try first. Plus, will it really be predictable where they will tend to be too centrally and cut-in as you've said? There's a good chance it'll be the opposite, reasons? Pogba and Bruno from what I've seen are very flexible and is not predictable -- movements and decision-makings when they're given license to roam and move freely. Both of them are natural at that. Martial and Rashford are the two that are more predictable in terms of their movements, decision-makings, spaces they move onto and where they usually attack.. when they're on their own. Pogba and Bruno are just everywhere and creative thus unpredictable which fits their playmaking tendencies. Rashford, Martial and Pogba have also showed many times unpredictable creative attacks when they combine together.

In theory, it could work. I understand your side of arguments of why it won't work but I disagree with most of it. Plus, we've been ignoring our right side attacks for so long now, it's actually non-existent (generally). We have been slicing through defenses from our overloaded left and centre attacks anyway. A better "false RW" i.e. better player than Mata or Lingard will make it easily better.
I think we differ on a key point. I don’t even see it as an option. I don’t see a false RW working at this club with Wan Bissaka as our RB. He’s a brilliant RB and better offensively than many give him credit for but he’s not good enough to run and entire side of the pitch both offensively and defensively for a full 90 mins. We can’t rely on his overlaps.

Every transfer has risks but neglecting a position is stupid. Sign a RW.

Pogba would still be able to get into attacking positions in a midfield with Bruno if anything he’ll have more time and space to work with as a result of another quality intelligent midfielder working with him.

It’s not better to try shifting him out wide because you take away massively from our CM/AM look at his performances at Sporting and United all of his best work is from those positions. The risk/reward is not in favour of him being a false RW all evidence points towards him being an AM/CM and still nobody has provided any evidence to counter this.

I do understand the role I’ve coached it before! I also understand the difference between a player moving from a congested centre of the park out wide into a half space and a wide player cutting inside to congestion etc. I know it’s me simplifying things but believe me AM/CM roles and “false RW” roles are not easy to swap between without prior experience let alone at PL level. Bruno does not have the physical attributes to provide the potential for width which is just as important as what you can do moving in from RW. There has to be a dual threat inside and out for space to be created otherwise it’s a one dimensional attack. Now if you change our RB to Dani Alves of yesteryear of course we’d be looking at a different proposition.

I say it won’t work because there is no evidence from Bruno’s career that it will. I also say it won’t work as Wan Bissaka cannot reasonably be expected to create an attacking wide threat to compensate and lockdown the opposition LW.

You’re just speculating without evidence about a best case scenario. I’m speculating with Bruno’s entire career as evidence behind me. He has never been a player to go wide and beat a man so yes if you stick him wide he’ll look inside that takes space away from our central players.

Now have him coming from CM to an out wide half space position and suddenly you create space in a central area for a Pogba, Rashford, Martial or whoever to exploit. Kevin De Brunye does this week in week out and Bruno has done it in every match at United. He understands how to create space in the centre and putting him wide would remove this from his game.

If you realise we’ve had a non existent RW attack for years and recognise Mata (a false RW) hasn’t worked maybe putting your best attacking central midfielder out wide isn’t the best solution?

Garry Buck

Nobody. It’s clear Sancho is our number 1 top target and if we don’t get him this year then we will go back next year no question. We have options on the right which I think Ole will stick with for now.

Personally I think it would be a mistake to neglect a position what clearly needs improving but we are all in for Sancho it seems and are willing to wait.

sparx99

We haven't had a decent right winger for a decade now. If Sancho can't be got this summer we have to get somebody else even if you then buy Sancho the following summer as well.

Federico Chiesa has been playing more centrally at times but could be a good option.

Rabbi Matondo, Leon Bailey, Ousmane Dembele, Ferran Torres, David Neres, Ismaila Sarr. You have to try and improve. Daniel James isn't good enough.

Panther

Buendia would be pretty cheap should Norwich get relegated.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
My list

Nicolo Zaniolo.
Ferran Torres.
Emiliano Buendía

SpyLuke10

there are no comparable alternatives. sancho is the only top right winger available.

dal

If we can’t get the quality in then we’ll have to wait I suppose and if we’re sticking with the same team then either.

———————martial——————
Rashford——-pogba———bruno
——————-Mctom-fred—————

——————martial———————
Rashford——Bruno———-james
—————pogba——fred————

Greenwood ighalo matic gomes mata supporting.

If we could keep the same squad and replace mata, lingard, pogba martial, matic by August 2021

with

sancho, grealish, Haaland(Kane) new MF, I’d be happy.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Mata is finished, James is a LW, Lingard and Periera are crap and Chong isn't very good either. I think we need both a first teamer and a reserve. I might be wrong on this but when you notice the players we're linked with then Ole thinks that as well. On one hand we're been associated to top quality wingers such as Sancho and Chiesa. On the other hand we're also linked with guys like Rabbi Matondo, Brooks and Ferran Torres. There's no way that Rabbi Matondo can be considered more then a cover.

Andersons Dietician

I like Brooks but I just don’t see him in the system or style that Ole seems to be trying to get us to play.

I think if Sancho doesn’t come this summer then that’ll be it we should probably look elsewhere. We tried last summer and no dice. It’s a position we need someone in. James has done alright there and Greenwood has shown in bits he can do a job as well but for me he still needs developing as he is very in and out of games.
I just feel like it’s now or never for us.

“IF“ Dembele is available at the reported 37mil price tag then for me that is a gamble worth taking. Barca need cash so I don’t see them wanting to do any loan deals on that.

If Ole can get him put an arm around him and get him fit and playing then we’ve got one of the best RW around who fits the system and style of play. He’d still be a better option than Mata, Jesse, Perriera and possibly even James/Greenwood on the right.