What should we do for the right wing if we don't get Sancho in the upcoming window?

Teja

I'd rather get Traore than Sarr but Wolves will demand 80m to let him go. Easier to strong arm a relegated club than a top 6 club in the PL.

cptkeane1993

What about Louis Zaha? Knows the premier league well, always a danger that top teams prep for, and will be hungry to show he belongs at this level.

Alternatively, I agree with Adama Traore (but probably difficult to prise away from Wolves in just a few weeks with Wolves not needing to sell) or Ismaila Sarr (should be easier to obtain)

cptkeane1993

Agreed with starman, he'll be awesome.

1. Good age
2. Good option to bring off the bench in tight games with his pace and dribbling
3. Great to rotate with Greenwood on the right
4. When we do play 3-4-1-2, he can play right wing-back

sparx99

Adama reminds me a lot of Antonio Valencia when he was at WIgan and his first couple seasons with us. Good player but a bit uninspiring.

reddevilz007

Play Mata, Pereira or Lingard on the right wing :)

seems like we don’t want to spend anymore in this transfer

starman

I'd rather get Traore than Sarr but Wolves will demand 80m to let him go. Easier to strong arm a relegated club than a top 6 club in the PL.
If that's the case I would rather get Brooks over Sarr. Sarr will be a signing just for the sake if it, offering nothing much new, a better version of James.

Nevertheless, I would test Wolves and Traore resolve. Sancho might want to move but its not that big of a issue to pressure the club into a move at 20 years old while on a 200k p/w contract playing CL and competing for trophies.
Traore is on 50k and would at least double his wages if he moved and be playing in the CL, so might actually put pressure on Wolves to push through a move and go as far as a transfer request. 60m plus Dalot might tempt them.

Last edited:

LiamB

The issue with Adama is that he's not going to get the space he get with wolves meaning his biggest asset is useless.

HackeyC

Would love Traore, would make us even more frightening on the counter.

Irrational.

What about Louis Zaha? Knows the premier league well, always a danger that top teams prep for, and will be hungry to show he belongs at this level.
Great player but isn't he retired? :confused::D

Sarr seems to be the most realistic option.

Dembele on loan if we wanted to be more ambitious and try again for Sancho next summer.

HackeyC

Not sure who this guy is but if there's a combination of Wilf Zaha and Louis Saha out there and available then I'm sure he'd be a great signing :D

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm convinced if Sarr goes to Pool he'll become the next Sadio Mane or some shit

Probably through some kind of sorcery

Marcus

The issue with Adama is that he's not going to get the space he get with wolves meaning his biggest asset is useless.
He is a double/triple-team magnet. Can you imagine the space he would create for our other attackers? So it's not just him.

cptkeane1993

Great player but isn't he retired? :confused::D

Sarr seems to be the most realistic option.

Dembele on loan if we wanted to be more ambitious and try again for Sancho next summer.
Ha! Miss Louis Saha

Wilfried Zaha, yes! He’s 27 though so not sure it fits age profile of attackers Ole likes..

MrSingh2002

Jadon Sancho-£100m Not pushing to go
Wilfred Zaha - £45m. Zaha wants to go
Ismaila Sarr - £40m. Watford want to sell
Demarai Gray - £10m. One year of deal

Do you get one in Sancho, or two of the others?

I'd be as happy signing Zaha and Gray or Sarr and Gray than Sancho alone.

As it gives us two right wingers and James can be Rashfords backup on the lw. Also would allow us to move Mata and Lingard on.

murali_red

Salah or Mane to Barcelona.
Both have expressed an interest in Barcelona, and apparently Salah is Barcelona's top target and will be valued at well above £100m.
Barca would do we'll to shaft themselves another 100 million.

Devil81

I'd be willing to give Zaha another go but I don't think he's got much for Manchester and United.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Jadon Sancho-£100m Not pushing to go
Wilfred Zaha - £45m. Zaha wants to go
Ismaila Sarr - £40m. Watford want to sell
Demarai Gray - £10m. One year of deal

Do you get one in Sancho, or two of the others?

I'd be as happy signing Zaha and Gray or Sarr and Gray than Sancho alone.

As it gives us two right wingers and James can be Rashfords backup on the lw. Also would allow us to move Mata and Lingard on.
To put it nicely these are not players that would win you the league. Future deadwood for the future manager whenever they decide to dump Solskjaer.

Last edited:

MrSingh2002

To put it nicely these are not players that would win you the league. Future deadwood for the future manager whenever they decide to dump Solskjaer.
Still feel the same yeah?

Zaha smashes Lindelof and Maguire all game.

reddevilz007

Need two wingers

one of them being Perisic, since he can cover for both wingers. Plus the kids that we have don’t know what work ethics and tracking back are. So Perisic can teach them a thing or two

maybe Sarr or Dembele on loan from Barca, if we cant get Sancho

people thinking we can rely on Rashford for the whole season is laughable

DevilRed

Somebody who can cross would be a start.

None of the players that man our wings can do it.

Rashford being the most disappointing of them all. Hasn't improved at all.

Snoooked

Do we ever wanted Zaha back? Does he wants to come back? Anyone can be better than James at this moment

King Andow

Ideally, Sabitzer. For a more realistic option, Gabriel Veron. But we'll probably be in 2030 and still discussing this damn position.

kbbear

Get a winger who can beat a man with skill not just pace. Dan James is useless against teams that defend deep.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Zaha is actually a very good option. He's been much improved in general play for a while now and is actively pushing for a move away.

onemanarmy

We could take a punt on Jeremy Doku. 18 year old Belgian winger. Lightning fast with a great dribble. He'd already a full international for Belgium. Big things expected from him. Not quite ready to play week in, week out for Utd yet, but definitely one for the future and he could feature regularly already. Shouldn't cost more than 15-18m.

Dve

Right now, the left wing seems more like a worry.

BlueHaze

We could take a punt on Jeremy Doku. 18 year old Belgian winger. Lightning fast with a great dribble. He'd already a full international for Belgium. Big things expected from him. Not quite ready to play week in, week out for Utd yet, but definitely one for the future and he could feature regularly already. Shouldn't cost more than 15-18m.
I'd want him just so I can call him Count Doku.

BlueHaze

Zaha is actually a very good option. He's been much improved in general play for a while now and is actively pushing for a move away.
He has his tongue up arsenals backside and he can feck off. I've said in the past it was wrong to let him go so soon and that we could try and get him back but from what i've heard from him he has zero interest in coming back and there's just no way we are in for him either way.

foolsgold

What about the boy Ihatteren at PSV?

Seems highly rated, although it’d be another teenager who could be consistent.

AsonUnique

What about the boy Ihatteren at PSV?

Seems highly rated, although it’d be another teenager who could be consistent.
Great prospect but at his best centrally. Would not fix anything on the right, plays in Bruno's spot.

We need a true RW. Not too many available at the level we need though. Zaha is better on the left and even played more as a ST last year at times.

At this point I am pretty jealous of Ziyech and Bergwijn both could be huge upgrades to our right side.

Somewhat realistic options that are true RWs:
Sarr - Far from perfect but would be a good choice to rotate with Mason
Chiesa - kind of a right sided Zaha in the role and position they play with their team, plays at ST sometimes
Chukwueze - Not consistent enough, but when he is on he is a joy to watch
Tysgankov - Never saw him play but is highly thought of as a prospect and seen his name mentioned before
Neres - Good but progress has kind of stalled
Brooks - I always thought of him being better as a CAM

Anyone else?