What team do your parents support?

jeff_goldblum

Dad supports United, Mam's not really into football but nominally supports Bradford

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Mum: Not really into football but supports United.
Dad: United, but not nearly interested as I am(used to be a lot more interested).

Mali_Zeus

Lots of United/Liverpool stories in the family here. Is it because cities are so close to each other?

I expected more United/City stories.

ashgabat

Come look at our Swedish girls instead!
Supports
Malmö FF
My mom is a Royal Antwerp fan, and used to go to all their home games back in the 70's (she's Belgian) and my dad supports IFK Göteborg from Sweden. They both have a soft spot for Manchester United due to my support. Neither really care all that much for football anymore though. They'll watch it when I'm home or when I call them to tell them to watch a game. During said game, my dad will spend the entire 90 minutes saying how ice hockey is a much better sport.

matt23

All United fans, but the kind who don't mind seeing other English teams do well in Europe.:rolleyes: The only match going fans in my family support Sheffield United.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Dad was Sunderland and me mam was Newcastle

Loublaze

ATLien
My dad is not much of a fan of football. My mom is a casual supporter of Arsenal but her brothers and one sister were/are all Liverpool fans. They tried to get me into Liverpool during the days of Rush and Grobelaar but when I saw Eric Cantona with the popped collar and Schmiechel at the Euros in 92 I immediately knew United was the team for me. My older sister is also a United fan. Have a cousin my age who is Arsenal but most of my younger male cousins are United

Rezyuz

Father: Liverpool & Barcelona
Mom: Man United & Real Madrid
Sister: Real Madrid
Me: Man United & Real Madrid
Uncle: Barcelona
Nephew: Man United
Girlfriend: Despises all forms of football.

As you can imagine, El Classico and Man Utd vs Liverpool causes the family to break up nearly

ATXRedDevil

Dad was always a rugby player and fan. Typically dislikes football because of all the diving and general puffy activity. Follows United because of me, now. Also follows Inverness (we use to drive to Scotland from oxfordshire a few weekends each year to see them play).

Mum isn't too bothered but roots for united because of me.

Adebesi

My old man supports United. But my son - who is 7 - threatened me the other day that he was thinking about supporting Chelsea. He hasnt officially declared an allegiance yet but Im pretty sure he'll come out for United in the end.

Minkaro

My dad supports West Brom. Very dramatic scenes in our household when we play them.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Mum's side of the family are nearly all United fans, including my step dad and his family as well.
Dad's side of the family are nearly all Leeds fans, except for my Dad, who supports Sheffield Wednesday. That side of my family aren't into football much anyway.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Dad: United
Brother 1: United
Brother 2: United
Cousin 1: United
Cousin 2: United
Cousin 3: United
Cousin 4: United
Uncle 1: United
Uncle 2: Aston Villa wth
Aunt: United

Mark_GrumpyLion

My dad "supports" Feyenoord. As in, he went to some games when he was younger.
Mom: Doesn't care much except for the Dutch NT.
Stepdad: Same as my mom
Stepmom: "Bloody overpaid whinebabies, I hate football, stupid sport."

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Dads a United fan but my grandad is City. Nobody ever used to take him to city games and all his mates were United, so he went with them. Thank Christ.

vanthaman

Winner
Dad has pretty much always been a neutral, he used to go up to matches in London to watch the biggest game each week in the 60s/70s

My mum used to like Liverpool in 70s I think but doesn't support a team, she also kind of likes Everton as one of her friends is a massive fan.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
My Dad was born in London and supports Arsenal. A lot of my family on his side were also Londoners and mostly big Chelsea fans. Sadly most have passed away now.
My Mum has always had for some strange reason a soft spot for Sheffield Wednesday, however again on a sad note she has really bad Alzheimer's and is in a care home, hence doesn't really actively support anyone now.

BigBadKev

Parents support no one, not even interested. So I did what Utd fans have been doing over the last 23 years: just support the best team in the country. In 1980 that was Liverpool.
I'm similar, only contrary: because all the other boys in the street supported Liverpool in 1979, I went United. Most of them now have little interest, I'm still passionate.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Dad supports Chelsea, Mum does not really give a shit about football.

It's bananas to me who anyone can support a different side to their parents. I had no choice whatsoever and neither will my kids.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
My Dad supports United and my Mother supports whoever united happen to be playing on that particular day.
Just like my mother, it's very irritating, although my dad is a neutral, but whenever we're watching a game and someone scores against united he starts saying things like 'it seems like your team aren't that good after all' although he does give us credit whenever we play good football and mostly he'd be happy for me when we win.
funny thing is when I was 10 I was a big fan of Luis Ronaldo and I wanted him to buy me a Real Madrid shirt when he was away in Amesterdam I think, then he comes back and he bought me a United shirt and told me that in the 60s they were a great team but they aren't as successful now, the only thing he knew about United was that Beckham plays for them, which shows he knows nothing about football, and I also didn't know anything about United or any other team, I only knew that Luis Ronaldo was the god of football in my eyes, and so I was disappointed and went to play Fifa 2003 and picked United and after seeing the players they had, like Scholes and RVN, I started to fall in love with the club and started to educate myself more about them, and then started following their every match, we didn't have internet or any channels on tv that would show the games so I had to pick up the sport newspaper first thing after I wake up each Saturday and Tuesday, anyway when we finally had internet access I was able to educate myself more about the club and fall in love with it more and more with the club.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Apart from one Uncle who's supported Leeds ever since watching them on the TV in the 60s/70s, EVERYONE in my family supports Aston Villa.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
My dad is huge man utd fan.
Nobody else knows jack about "the team they support", maybe 1-2 players, not real fans.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Mum supports Chelsea and no one else in my family watches football.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Dad - Chelsea/whoever Tottenham are playing
Mum -She's not really a footballl person. She thought the African Cup of Nations was called the "African Combinations"
Brother - United
Sister - No one. If forced to watch football will constantly come out with phrases like "go team" and "there's just not enough commitment from the players" just to try and piss you off

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I'm similar, only contrary: because all the other boys in the street supported Liverpool in 1979, I went United. Most of them now have little interest, I'm still passionate.
I had about 4 or 5 childhood friends like you. All supported Utd with a passion during the 80s because everyone else was supporting Liverpool. It was like shooting fish in a barrel, oh the good old days. Soon turned though, as we know.

I agree with you, 'we' lost a lot of fans after 1992. I would try to get a discussion going with my 'age old Liverpool fan friends' but many said they weren't really that into Liverpool/football anymore. I use them to assess my own support and even though I was a glory hunter and out of towner I never gave up the passion for all things Liverpool.

Utd will experience something similar if they don't get back on the league winning trail within the next 5-10 years. Once you fall off that bike it looks like you can jump back on, but its never that easy. Took us Pool fans 13 odd years before we finally realised the jig was up.

Man Utd Mrs

We all love our MUM
Dad - City
Mum (R.I.P.) - Cardiff and Ryan Giggs ;)
Brother - Stockport County
Sister - United
Uncle - United
Auntie - United
Cousin (R.I.P.) - United
Grandma was United
Grandad was City

Mali_Zeus

I had about 4 or 5 childhood friends like you. All supported Utd with a passion during the 80s because everyone else was supporting Liverpool. It was like shooting fish in a barrel, oh the good old days. Soon turned though, as we know.

I agree with you, 'we' lost a lot of fans after 1992. I would try to get a discussion going with my 'age old Liverpool fan friends' but many said they weren't really that into Liverpool/football anymore. I use them to assess my own support and even though I was a glory hunter and out of towner I never gave up the passion for all things Liverpool.

Utd will experience something similar if they don't get back on the league winning trail within the next 5-10 years. Once you fall off that bike it looks like you can jump back on, but its never that easy. Took us Pool fans 13 odd years before we finally realised the jig was up.
You're not from Liverpool?

Lots of stories like that, whole hood supports one club so a guy or 2 or 3 supports a rival just to spite them. :)

Sewelly The Geordie

My entire family supports NUFC. Me, dad, mam and sis all have season tickets.

That's generally just the way it is up here. In my year at school there was two that support your lot, a couple of mackems and everybody else black and white to some extent. This isn't even Tyneside either, but Northumberland.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
My dad and brother both support Man United. It's the only reason I got into football. I actually hated it until I was 9/10 years old which is kinda late for most people. It also explains why I'm absolutely shit at football these days.

Mali_Zeus

My dad and brother both support Man United. It's the only reason I got into football. I actually hated it until I was 9/10 years old which is kinda late for most people. It also explains why I'm absolutely shit at football these days.
Similar. :D

Started watching as late as 12 years old. And I'm horrible at football. Can be a good keeper every once in a while but I concede stupid goals.

Whiteside1985

Both parents United fans.
I suspect Mum was a bit less into it, but used to go to watch George Best play.
Both parents got back into watching United a bit more when me and my brother started going regularly to games (although I have always suspected my brother is slightly more of a rugby league fan at heart).

One of my favourite ever moments watching United was going to a European away game with my dad (we went to Porto together when Ronaldo scored the only goal with an absolute screamer in 2008).

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

Started watching as late as 12 years old. And I'm horrible at football. Can be a good keeper every once in a while but I concede stupid goals.
I had one amazing month of football when my brother bought me the same boots that Ronaldinho used to wear :( Those boots made me feel like I was Ronaldinho at his best...funny how psychological sports are.

I firmly believe that I could be one of the top ten footballers in the past 20 years but I have psychological limitations I guess...if only I could replicate my 12 year old Ronaldinho form.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool

You're the big guy who covers the entire net therefore everyone thinks your a good keeper but in reality your just big.