What was your favourite United shirt sponsor?

Vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inter Yer Nan

Sharp definately. When they did the viewcam sponsor on the black kit - I went and bought one! Sponsorship works, I'm not ever buying a Chevy thats for sure.

To be honest, this all probably depends on age - it was the first kit I ever got (and assume out first ever sponsor?), so it could have been anything and I would rate it as our best sponsor.
The black away is one of our best ever kits IMO. Probably in our top 5 sponsor era kits with these beauts.

Chairman Steve

Probably Sharp and AIG in that whenever I see them, they're typically associated with Utd at their most successful. Both had simplistic but nice-looking logos too.

wolvored

Sharp. We had our best teams and trophies under them. 2 doubles and a treble.

CodeRed

Having had about 20+ shirt since the early 80's im going to say i hated the old ones. Yes the design on some of them was fantastic but as a supporter and the cost of shirts the fabric used sucked.

5 washes and they was like a stewed tea bag.

I've always loved the away shirts too.

The best looking, feel and quality for me was the away white and gold AIG one.The numbers on the back was black and gold as well. I don't think I've seen a shirt in the world as awesome as this one. That's my opinion.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Sharp brings great memories but Vodafone was the one that looked best IMO.

Mainoldo

Vodafone or Aon as they match the stature of our club, so looked the best. Sharp was far from Sony or Samsung (now) so they can kick rocks. Chevrolet is big business but it just looks awful.

dcrompton

Sharp was best sponsor. I remember when Lee Sharpe’s brother was trainee at City and the respective clubs’ sponsors described the story.

izec

Sharp was when i became a fan

But my first kit was Vodafone. So many good memories. Vodafone wins. What a beautiful kit that was, remember when i put it on in the store and instantly bought it spontaneously. Umbro and Vodafone :drool:

Tiber

We have never had a bad sponsor like Chang beer or one that I have felt particularly fond of. But I quite liked Vodafone and AIG

Have never understood the moaning about Chevy, it looks fine

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Chevrolet one is horrendous, ruins all the great shirts we've had over the last few years.

Hubal

It's gotta be Sharp, hands down. Just imagine how awesome would some of our kits be with a similar, simple white one-word sponsor instead of that Chevy thing, the current pink away one or the black one last season. Fantastic kits ruined by tacky and cheap looking logo

Twisted Nerve

Sharp/Umbro by a mile. My favourite shirt has always been the 92-94 blue away one with the white Sharp lettering, followed by the same years home shirt, then the black away shirt from 95.

Marzo

Has to be Sharp, a mate of mine went to Old Trafford in the 90’s and bought me shirt, I still have it.
A prized possession.

Thiagoal

SHARP VIEWCAM black kit all the way! Got the whole kit bought me and ripped it straight away scrambling over our garden fence retrieving a football! 'Happy' memories!

Brian McNair

Agreed, Sharp Viewcam black.

I still have a photo of myself in that shirt, Cantona 7 print walking down old Trafford tunnel at 15 years of age. Collar up ofcourse

Last edited by a moderator:

GueRed

Sharp easily.

I'm glad chevrolet is coming to an end. Still looks hideous on the shirt

vidic blood & sand

Does anyone remember the sharpe adverts in the 80s? They used Gary Bailey mostly, but I think I remember Robbo, Whiteside, Hughes, and Stapleton occasionally.

redmanx

Sharp are probably best remembered for their association with United, I had a shirt from that era, many years ago.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Sharp has some nostalgia value, but mostly I really couldnt care less about who our shirt sponsor is - as long as they pay and the money goes to the playing squad is all that matters