What will it take to sack moyes?

Mainoldo

Hopefully he wakes up in the morning and forgets he's the United manager. Drives to Liverpool tommorow and stays there.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I was watching 'The Last Samauri' last night. In Samauri custom, Moyes wouldtake his own life due to shame. I suppose in this parallel world, the equivalent would be resigning.

manusteve

The comeback was exciting today, but the quality of the football was average (as it has been all season). From a fan's point of view, I cannot see what style Moyes is trying to play, let alone the best players to implement it. It's way beyond knee-jerking now, and objectively there is every justification to sack Moyes.

Gannicus

Only being charged with a criminal act will save Moyes from the sack before May, when this disaster of a season will mercifully end.

johnmufc

I wish he'll do the right thing and resign.

There is no excuse for him given the talent we had on the pitch.

Wrong tactics and wrong mentality.

Even if he had Ronaldo and Messi to work with, Moyes will still get it wrong.

Please, the club must move on and admit he was the wrong appointment.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He took command of the champions and after spending around 60m we're lingering at 7th place, 4 points away from bloody Everton. If he can't get to 4th place then he should be kicked out of OT during the summer.

Honestly I hope he does the honorable thing and resign.

Man-United

He will be sacked when he lose the fans. He still has major support from Old Trafford. Fans kept singing his name after the two goals today so he won't be going until the fans had enough, then maybe.

manux399

[quote="simonhch, post: 15055352, member: 54462

Moyes is not a winner. There just isn't any way around that. I've supported united since I watched their first game 29 years ago. .[/quote]

United's first game wasn't 29 years ago, that said if your first game was 29 years ago you should have more faith after all anyone who experienced SAF's first few years will remember just how sh!te we were..! We can't just expect that everything will continue the same, look what happened when Busby finally retired..!

redpie

I thought we needed to give Moyes at least another summer transfer window but the more I see how he wants us to play I couldn't care less if he got sacked in the morning. He probably will still be in charge next season though. Have to grin and bear it I guess and just wait it out till we can quietly fold up that chosen one banner and properly move out of Ferguson's shadow. That or it dawns on Moyes that football is more than glorified hoof-ball and cross, cross and cross again.

Castia

He must surely resign in the summer if we finish outside the top 4, I don't see any other outcome nobody at the club will respect him and at the moment we are a laughing stock. Get rid.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The comeback was exciting today, but the quality of the football was average (as it has been all season). From a fan's point of view, I cannot see what style Moyes is trying to play, let alone the best players to implement it. It's way beyond knee-jerking now, and objectively there is every justification to sack Moyes.
Really? It's pretty obvious what it is. We're looking more and more like Everton. Its constant crosses and long balls out wide. That's the style he's moving us to. Today was probably the day where it got shown the most as well. 82 crosses, deary me.

wr8_utd

:'(
What will it take? Our next six league games include Arsenal (A), Palace (A), Liverpool (H), City (H), WBA (A) and West Ham (A)

I am certain we'll be 8th by the end of this run of games.

hp88

He will be sacked when he lose the fans. He still has major support from Old Trafford. Fans kept singing his name after the two goals today so he won't be going until the fans had enough, then maybe.
Agree with you, the supporters will back and so will the club as long as Fergie is still around. All we can do is wait and hope he turns out good.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I wouldn't be surprised if he's sacked tomorrow.
I'd bet my house on him being here come the summer.

I think as far as the club is concerned they don't want the instability of last summer, twice in a row. They just want Moyes to get his head down, ship out the ones he doesn't think are playing for the team and bring in his own men. The fact you could name 10 players that have a reason to leave/be replaced is incredibly worrying.

manusteve

Really? It's pretty obvious what it is. We're looking more and more like Everton. Its constant crosses and long balls out wide. That's the style he's moving us to. Today was probably the day where it got shown the most as well. 82 crosses, deary me.
I think I didn't make myself clear! I guess I'm trying to say Moyes' style is one-dimensional, bearing in mind the attacking players he has at his disposal.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
What will it take? Our next six league games include Arsenal (A), Palace (A), Liverpool (H), City (H), WBA (A) and West Ham (A)

I am certain we'll be 8th by the end of this run of games.
I can see us with just two points from this fixture list.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I hope there are some kind of performance clauses in his six bloody year deal.

Dominos

From Fergie's media mate. He's not going anywhere.

I think we'll terminate his contract after 3 years of failure. Next season we'll still be nowhere near the top but the board will convince themselves there are some promising signs and give him another year, after which it will dawn on them that there's no chance this man is going to take us to where we want to be.

Robbie Boy

It's pretty obvious that he has a free pass this year. Complete joke. If he was the new CEO in a massive company and doing such a poor job, his job would certainly be under intense scrutiny.

Dominos

It's pretty obvious that he has a free pass this year. Complete joke. If he was the new CEO in a massive company and doing such a poor job, his job would certainly be under intense scrutiny.
What we've done here is the equivalent of appointing a check out operator as the new CEO of Apple, and then wondering why it's not going so great.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad

From Fergie's media mate. He's not going anywhere.

I think we'll terminate his contract after 3 years of failure. Next season we'll still be nowhere near the top but the board will convince themselves there are some promising signs and give him another year, after which it will dawn on them that there's no chance this man is going to take us to where we want to be.
Oh God :(

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I have been one of his biggest supporters, and I was willing to give him time, I gave him the benefit of the doubt over both transfer windows as i thought that they were both hard to shop in.

But I have had enough. The tactics are consistently wrong, we had 80+ crosses today with absolutely no plan B it was a joke. I don't think that he will change his dated tactics no matter how much money he spends or how much time he is given.

United 0 - 1 Everton.
United 0-1 Newcastle.
United 1-1 Southampton
Stoke 2-1 United
City 4-1 United
Liverpool 1-0 United
United 2-2 Fulham.

These results should be what it takes for Moyes to be sacked, I'm sorry Moysey, you seem like a nice enough bloke, but you are miles out of your depth.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Let's be honest here - we are fecked. We'll disastrously decide to stick with Moyes who may guide us to a fourth place challenge in a few years time. That'll be the extent of our success with him in charge of us. All our quality players will abandon ship and we'll be left with a mediocre side playing Moyes' cross/hoof ball football. We'll probably become tough to beat and may even scrap a FA or League Cup. Title Challenge or Champions League contender? Forget it.

Revan

Assumptionman
I'd bet my house on him being here come the summer.

I think as far as the club is concerned they don't want the instability of last summer, twice in a row. They just want Moyes to get his head down, ship out the ones he doesn't think are playing for the team and bring in his own men. The fact you could name 10 players that have a reason to leave/be replaced is incredibly worrying.
But do they want the stability that Moyes offers?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
[quote="simonhch, post: 15055352, member: 54462

Moyes is not a winner. There just isn't any way around that. I've supported united since I watched their first game 29 years ago. .
United's first game wasn't 29 years ago, that said if your first game was 29 years ago you should have more faith after all anyone who experienced SAF's first few years will remember just how sh!te we were..! We can't just expect that everything will continue the same, look what happened when Busby finally retired..![/quote]

Nice work Einstein. There was me thinking that the first game I saw 29 years ago, was in fact the first time they had ever played. And and I also said in that post, the club is very different now to what it was then.

Nobody expected it to carry on the same. I think most fans would be behind, me included, if the club was in and around the champions league places and showing some progress on the pitch. Instead we are playing some of the worst football in the league and using tactics that baffle even the most ardent fans. All whilst sitting mid table.

Dominos

Let's be honest here - we are fecked. We'll disastrously decide to stick with Moyes who may guide us to a fourth place challenge in a few years time. That'll be the extent of our success with him in charge of us. All our quality players will abandon ship and we'll be left with a mediocre side playing Moyes' cross/hoof ball football. We'll probably become tough to beat and may even scrap a FA or League Cup. Title Challenge or Champions League contender? Forget it.
When Fergie retired, I wanted a coach that could turn us into the best team in Europe. What we got instead...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's so the wrong manager for a club this big. All we did was cross today. It was like a bad joke someone was playing on Manchester United.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Any ill feelings I have are directed towards Ferguson and Bobby, to be honest. Moyes is doing his best, not his fault he's not up to the task.
This. Only Feguson's ego would allow him to think he could just appoint a person based on his gut instinct, and that the entirety of Manchester United should just go along with it.

This is a man that signed Bebe. He makes mistakes, as a multi-billion dollar company, we should have managed the 'ceo-succession' like any other major company.

Dominos

Three years of Moyes and we'll do a Liverpool.
How do you mean?

I think this season is already setting us back years. The aim this season was, or should've been to retain our title, with the vision we become the best in Europe within the next couple of years. Instead we're setting our sights on 4th place next year. It's fecking criminal.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Can see us continuing the 'we know best' maverick approach for another couple of years in all honesty.