What will it take to sack moyes?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It might take Sir Alex to admit that he was wrong. But he wont. The only chance of him getting the sack is when our revenue decreases and the owners decides to take their ,atters in to their own hands.
It is this clubs obsession with wanting a British manager. He probably isn't even the best British manager. The club should have just gone for the best manager in Europe. It's the boards fault for picking him in the first place and letting SAF have such a big say in who got the job. He seems to have gone for the qualities that were needed when he got the job. The world has moved on since then. Football is bigger and more of a business. They haven't even looked for a manager who plays an attractive style of football and to get rid of all the coaching staff against SAF advice is a cock up of the biggest order.

Last edited:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
What we saying lads, Moyes In or Moyes Out?

Still not got my torch and pitchfork but this is getting a bit much
Pretty much where i stand. It's hard to get behind him when we're seeing not even small glimpses of progress.

rio's upper lip

For any other club with ambition, a good tonking against Arsenal next week could see Moyes in deep, deep trouble. But not us. We're superior to other clubs. We'll give him three seasons just to prove a point.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Yep. Because that's exactly how Liverpool did a Liverpool. I don't know what it'll take for people to come to terms with this.
The parallels are there for all to see. And yet it won't stop the club from still doing it.

An Irish Red

How do you mean?

I think this season is already setting us back years. The aim this season was, or should've been to retain our title, with the vision we become the best in Europe within the next couple of years. Instead we're setting our sights on 4th place next year. It's fecking criminal.
I think Moyes is dragging the club down and the longer he is here the more likely we are to take ages to recover. As you say we already have fans talking about top four next year. He's already lowered expectations to the extent that people would be made up if we got fourth.

If we would have hired any top club manager, any one of them at all, they would have been expected to put in a title-challenge. The fact that our fans have much lower expectations of Moyes shows that deep down they know we've made a massive mistake here.

Dominos

Remember the Moyes in/Moyes out poll after the Everton and Newcastle defeats? General consensus was give him more time, the season was still retrievable from that point with so many games left. I was torn, I voted he should stay but I was seriously concerned if we give him to February-time that the damage may already have been done by that point. Worse came to worst.

Kaos

I never thought I'd say this, but I actually hope the Glazers supersede Sir Alex's judgement.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
For any other club with ambition, a good tonking against Arsenal next week could see Moyes in deep, deep trouble. But not us. We're superior to other clubs. We'll give him three seasons just to prove a point.
They said British managers don't get enough chances in the Premier League. If this man is the best of the lot, no wonder why!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I thought we needed to give Moyes at least another summer transfer window but the more I see how he wants us to play I couldn't care less if he got sacked in the morning. He probably will still be in charge next season though. Have to grin and bear it I guess and just wait it out till we can quietly fold up that chosen one banner and properly move out of Ferguson's shadow. That or it dawns on Moyes that football is more than glorified hoof-ball and cross, cross and cross again.
He will probably just go out and sign someone who can cross the ball better. Then a big guy up front to get on the crosses. What player will want to sign for us with him as manager? They would take that into account.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
The only good news is that succeeding Moyes is going to be SOOO easy compared to succeeding Ferguson.

Show of hands, who'd take Benitez?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sir Alex realising he's made a horrible decision, probably.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Everyone was saying top 4 was the minimum target.

We're miles off that. We've watched us go from 5 points off top, to 7, to 11, and then it was 5 points off 4th, and now it's 9 off 4th.

A few more weeks, and it'll be 9points off 6th!

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
What will it take to sack Moyes? Another twelve months of this shite. It speaks volumes some of us are hoping the Glazer's undermine Ferguson.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I don't understand what kind of point they are trying to prove? That we'll make bad business and footballing decisions without regard for the consequences on and off the pitch because, well, because... something.

If the point is that giving managers time is the always right thing to do, then they are going to end up disproving their own point quite spectacularly.

Last edited:

Tarrou

If we were playing this badly and he'd been here two years he'd have been sacked. As it stands he's been here less than a year and there isn't anyone available to replace him, so I doubt he'll get canned yet.

Fergie might buy him a bit more time, but there comes a point where Fergie and the board have to reevaluate their long term plans. He's surely on thin ice now.

Today was embarrassingly poor. Just crossing it over and over and over with all that creative talent on the pitch just makes him look clueless.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What's most annoying, is we were really conscious to avoid the "history repeating itself" appointment after Busby.

But this could barely have gone worse.

Vidic is going, Evra and Ferdinand will go.

Who the f'ck knows what's honestly going on with Nani and Kagawa.

And how are we going to fit Mata in with VP and Rooney. I suspect we won't have to next year!

lilcurt

It seems mental that anyone can be in such a high profile job, so clearly be out of there depths and performing far below expectation yet remain employed due to the principles of the employers.

Sometimes you just need to call a spade a spade.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
If we were playing this badly and he'd been here two years he'd have been sacked. As it stands he's been here less than a year and there isn't anyone available to replace him, so I doubt he'll get canned yet.

Fergie might buy him a bit more time, but there comes a point where Fergie and the board have to reevaluate their long term plans. He's surely on thin ice now.

Today was embarrassingly poor. Just crossing it over and over and over with all that creative talent on the pitch just makes him look clueless.
But their is. Plenty of top managers would kill for the job.

Also if we are going to spend big in the summer it becomes a very attractive job. The next manager can only improve things as he is following Moyes not Fergie.

sparky

Also if we are going to spend big in the summer it becomes a very attractive job. The next manager can only improve things as he is following Moyes not Fergie.
Perhaps thats been the plan all along....

Revan

Assumptionman
I don't understand what kind of point they are trying to prove? That we'll make bad business and footballing decisions without regard for the consequences on and off the pitch because, well, because... something.

If the point is that giving managers time is the always right thing to do, then they are going to end up disproving their own point quite spectacularly.
'That we are completely retarded' is the closest I can think of.

Tarrou

Who would you go for if Moyes was sacked tomorrow?

Dobba

I'd question the sanity of any of the supposed top managers willing to give up whatever job has made them so highly regarded in the first place to come and manage a team of cowards at a club that gave someone 8 months to replace one of the greatest managers the sport has ever seen.

Infra-red

There's just no way he's being sacked this calendar year. We'll limp through to the summer, bring in 3 or 4 new players, and see where we are in January. If we are still clearly miles off the pace at that stage, then I could see the board taking action to attempt to avoid back-to-back years without Champions League football.

Blue always red

Sacking Moyes at this stage of the season would cause more trouble than it would remedy. For one, what other top class manager will bail on their team at this stage and what avaliable manager would be willing to come in and take us at such a low position? We should have signed somebody big in the beginning, or actually all support Moyes.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Who would you go for if Moyes was sacked tomorrow?
Guus Hiddink 100%. Proven world class manager, does not currently have a club so he'd be able to take over right away, and he's a proven WINNER. Seriously, appointing Moyes in the first place would be on par to appointing Pardew, Pulis, Big Sam, any of them shit british managers. Even Pardew has Newcastle playing better football ffs. Anyone but Moyes or any other british manager will do.

The White Pele

It will be interesting to see if there is a response against Arsenal this week. Win there and maybe there will be belief that Moyes can turn this around. If we limp to another defeat then it's difficult to see what is going to be the catalyst for an upturn in fortunes. Fellaini didn't change things, an easier run of fixtures didn't give us the momentum it was supposed to, Rooney and RVP coming back didn't stop the rot and neither has the arrival of Mata.

If we lose on Wednesday, and with virtually no hope of playing in the Champions League next year, you wonder if a change of face - even a temporary appointment - could spark some better form. The Champions League is the only thing we have left to play for and we can't be considered a challenger with things as they are.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I always believe in the minimum points Arsenal, United, Chelsea and the other top 4 finisher should get in 2 points per game, particularly those who were originally intending on challenging for the league.

We are so far behind on that with no sign of improvement that it's quite worrying how bad our points total will be along with the final league position.

We can only afford to go that low for one season before it starts to truly impact the club financially which is where the decision will be made. Woody is a finance man, the Glazers have used every theory in your financial economics textbook in their time at United, it'll be money that dictates the everything.

One hit won't hurt, but after that he's got nowhere to hide. And this isn't me saying he deserves time...our 2014 form is a sackable offence in 2014 football, that's my take anyway. He is very lucky that this club isn't cut-throat.

Rednotdead

Moyes is going nowhere in the short term. We all know how many new players we need.

Hopefully today's defensive "performance" will put paid to the bleating about the squad having been good enough to win the league last year so it must be Moyes fault they're not performing to the same level this year.

OneUnited24

It will be interesting to see if there is a response against Arsenal this week. Win there and maybe there will be belief that Moyes can turn this around. If we limp to another defeat then it's difficult to see what is going to be the catalyst for an upturn in fortunes. Fellaini didn't change things, an easier run of fixtures didn't give us the momentum it was supposed to, Rooney and RVP coming back didn't stop the rot and neither has the arrival of Mata.

If we lose on Wednesday, and with virtually no hope of playing in the Champions League next year, you wonder if a change of face - even a temporary appointment - could spark some better form. The Champions League is the only thing we have left to play for and we can't be considered a challenger with things as they are.
I thought the same when we beat them at OT eariler this season "this will breath new life into our season and give us a good go at the title"

I think we lost 3 out of our next 4 games... I actually wonder what will happen if we get a pasting from Asnl, right now the fans who go to games are behind him but should the worst happen against Asnl i can see them turning
Moyes is going nowhere in the short term. We all know how many new players we need.
Again even if we had a star studded team do you think if the tactics remain the same we would get the best out of them?

wr8_utd

:'(
Bringing in Guus would be absolutely amazing. Should have done that in the summer

redpie

Perhaps thats been the plan all along....
Not a plan but I think how most peeps thought this is how it would shake out. Stick an Aunt Sally manager in to take all the heat from the post Fergie era and then start again with a proper manager with a clean slate.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Sir Alex realising he's made a horrible decision, probably.
I would love to have a chat with Fergie, off the record, no "I told you so" from the question and no ego/club/face saving bullshit in the answer. Just pure truth, how do you feel it has gone and how do you feel about the future under Moyes?