What will it take to sack moyes?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Our season cant get any worse. Their is nothing to play for now.
It's awful really. It's early February and every league game from this point has nothing riding on it.

I can see plenty more losses since there's no motivation to win other than to solidify 7th place.

Cal?

CR7 fan
It's awful really. It's early February and every league game from this point has nothing riding on it.

I can see plenty more losses since there's no motivation to win other than to solidify 7th place.
When I suggested we should try to "Chelsea" the CL, I wasn't expecting we'd give up on the league in January.

arthurka

So Moyes has done this much damage in 6 months, changed a PL winning team into a relegation form side... I dont want to witness what he can do to us if he stays a year or more... He needs to be removed.

Glanville95

They said British managers don't get enough chances in the Premier League. If this man is the best of the lot, no wonder why!
I don't see the ardent belief from some that Premier League clubs should be encouraged to give British managers a chance. If the aren't capable than they don't deserve the chance, it's as simple as that.

Putting emphasis on developing young talent and specifically players of a sides country of origin is very important in my opinion and certainly far more important than giving coaches a chance. We've seen the ramifications of a team like Southampton appointing a foreign manager and that is having a more positive effect on Southampton's youth development than any time in their history.

We always hear about England as a footballing country aspiring to develop players to the extent that Brazil, Spain and Germany do. We don't have the quality of coaching in this country currently to implement modern coaching like that. Why not have foreign coaches and managers at the top of English football coach us the right way? It's certainly better for the future of English football.

Ludens the Red

I think it's obvious, there is nothing Moyes can do to get the chop.

He's here for six years.

YOLO.

kundalini

Most likely, Moyes gets 3 seasons to make a case for himself. If he fails to win PL or CL, or a near miss, then I'd expect him to be sacked

Quite likely, at some stage, the share prices falls to an extent that the Glazers cannot stomach so they decide to over-ride Sir Alex's advice

Unlikely, enough key players (the younger ones) want out in the summer that the board decides it is more sensible to fire the manager

Baxter

Most likely, Moyes gets 3 seasons to make a case for himself. If he fails to win PL or CL, or a near miss, then I'd expect him to be sacked

Quite likely, at some stage, the share prices falls to an extent that the Glazers cannot stomach so they decide to over-ride Sir Alex's advice

Unlikely, enough key players (the younger ones) want out in the summer that the board decides it is more sensible to fire the manager
At this rate, there is absolutely no chance he gets near that.

kundalini

At this rate, there is absolutely no chance he gets near that.
He hasn't been sacked yet; that should tell you something. The briefing from the club is about incoming transfers in the summer rather than Moyes needs to achieve x or y in order to keep his job. If they bring in several players from abroad then the board may well be prepared to give them (and Moyes) time to adapt.

At the moment, it looks to me as though the Glazers will assess Moyes once he has built his own team.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I cant see Moyes resigning anytime soon unless its for 'health' reasons. It would be a nail in the coffin for his post-United career. (7 months and he bottles it?)

Nah, we need divine intervention or he will be here for another year.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He hasn't been sacked yet; that should tell you something. The briefing from the club is about incoming transfers in the summer rather than Moyes needs to achieve x or y in order to keep his job. If they bring in several players from abroad then the board may well be prepared to give them (and Moyes) time to adapt.

At the moment, it looks to me as though the Glazers will assess Moyes once he has built his own team.
A team that consist of better and even more prolific byeline crosses that is. (Maybe thats what he was talking about when he said that this team wasn't good enough.)

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
One of these threads seem to pop up after every match. Sadly shows how bad our current form is. Our season is basically over in the league, I don't think we will get 4th spot. So we might as well just focus on the champions league and hope for a whole lot of luck.
I can't see the glazers sacking Moyes during the season, that six year contract protects him from that to some degree and I don't see the glazers making a knee jerk sacking. Though I get the feeling if he doesn't get the team playing a different type of football by the end of the season then he will be gone. He needs to just cut his loses with the wide game and get the team playing to an actual system and style of play again. At the moment we simply look like a bunch of individuals out there. He has until the end of the season to turn it around I feel. If he hasn't, we should cut our loses and bring in someone new who has a clear style of play and give them to funds to rebuild the team how they want.

Jaap

The only question is whether a different manager at the start would have had the team playing much better football and getting results. That we do not know.

I, though, don't think we'd be anywhere near 7th if someone with experience in managing a big club had taken charge in July.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
If moyes somehow flukes the champions league will he suddenly become a hero / tactical master on here?

I certainly cant see him being sacked whilst still in the cl... afterall cl qualification and a major trophy would by any standards be considered a success and although our current form suggests it is improbable it is not yet impossible

Varun

Staff
If moyes somehow flukes the champions league will he suddenly become a hero / tactical master on here?

I certainly cant see him being sacked whilst still in the cl... afterall cl qualification and a major trophy would by any standards be considered a success and although our current form suggests it is improbable it is not yet impossible
Do you consider Di Matteo a tactical master?

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Yes, if...

But seriously, it's very obvious that the majority of these players don't give a toss about the league anymore this season. It's like the performances under Fergie after the league had been won or lost. The players might surprise us in Europe.

Yes, might...

LR7

No. Even if we won yesterday it would have still been a shit on a stick performance displaying David Moyes' complete tactical ineptitude.
Winning and playing such shit football simply papers over the cracks and causes everyone to just brush it under the carpet for another week.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Lose to Arsenal, keep this up and then get an arseraping from us at Old Trafford similar to what we dished out to Everton and Arsenal and I think he'll be gone.

Even Ferguson wouldn't want to endure that I think.

Varun

Staff
Lose to Arsenal, keep this up and then get an arseraping from us at Old Trafford similar to what we dished out to Everton and Arsenal and I think he'll be gone.

Dont think anything will see him gone before the end of season. Specially since we're in the CL.

Summer's the earliest one can hope for.

LR7

I fear he will stay regardless of what happens for the remainder of the season. It's a joke but I can't see the club sacking him.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Say we sack him after 6 months in charge, how long do we give the next manager before he gets sacked? We'd be better off sacking half the squad instead of sacking Moyes.
I support this logic.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
My opinion remains unchanged. 4th place or he's off.

Varun

Staff
I think it was a bit harsh to sack him... especially if you consider his record / league position against that of moyes
He stood no chance given Abrahamovic's love for new managers. I do think he did a good job, yeah but its unlikely he'd have made it long term.

Siorac

One thing about sacking the manager mid season is that you can immediately and openly get on the case of finding a permanent replacement to take over in June. Waiting til the end of the season is a bit crazy if it means you can't line up a replacement (without completely undermining the current manager). If not now then Moyes would probably need to be given til next Christmas or so.
This, pretty much. We can start the groundwork for appointing a new manager in the summer if we just sack him now and let a caretaker (it really doesn't matter who he is at this stage) finish the season. Waiting until the summer could backfire - unless we go behind the manager's back to line up someone. But if we do that it's pointless to keep him around anyway.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Whose decision is it anyway? And don't tell me 'the board', I mean specifically. Is it Malcolm? Joel? Fergie? Charlton? If it is the latter two then there is no chance.

Revan

Assumptionman
Whose decision is it anyway? And don't tell me 'the board', I mean specifically. Is it Malcolm? Joel? Fergie? Charlton? If it is the latter two then there is no chance.
Malcolm is sick and I can't see Fergie/Charlton doing anything regarding that if only to prove a point. Malcolm's sons on the other hand will likely evaluate things on the summer.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
are saf and charlton on the board of directors... (not according to our website http://ir.manutd.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=133303&p=irol-govboard )
Board of Directors

Avram Glazer
Executive Co-Chairman and Director

Joel Glazer

Edward Woodward
Executive Vice Chairman and Director

Richard Arnold
Group Managing Director and Director

Michael Bolingbroke
Chief Operating Officer and Director

Kevin Glazer
Director

Bryan Glazer
Director

Darcie Glazer
Director

Edward Glazer
Director

Robert Leitão
Director

Man Utd Sawhney
Director

John Hooks
Director

kiristao

I imagine he would be here at least till December 2014. If we are still not doing well enough I think he will get the boot.

Smores

id be up for giving laudrup a chance at this point as caretaker. See what he can do and then see whats available in the summer

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
are saf and charlton on the board of directors... (not according to our website http://ir.manutd.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=133303&p=irol-govboard )
Board of Directors

Avram Glazer

Joel Glazer

Edward Woodward
Executive Vice Chairman and Director

Richard Arnold
Group Managing Director and Director

Michael Bolingbroke
Chief Operating Officer and Director

Kevin Glazer
Director

Bryan Glazer
Director

Darcie Glazer
Director

Edward Glazer
Director

Robert Leitão
Director

Man Utd Sawhney
Director

John Hooks
Director
Ah, thanks. At least the decision isn't Fergie/Charlton's. Although I'm sure they would have a say anyway.

Smores

Laudrup, seriously?
Not like there's many managers available. Most importantly he'd actually change our set-up, that's all i want to see. He's not a long term solution but our next manager definitely a strong philosophy