What will it take to sack moyes?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
If we drop more points to Palace, a real possibility under him, I don't see how we can persist with him.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
The players celebrations when United went 2-1 ahead against Fulham was of players wanting to win, and Moyes to succeed.

KiD MoYeS

The players celebrations when United went 2-1 ahead against Fulham was of players wanting to win, and Moyes to succeed.
:confused:
Do you honestly think they wouldn't have celebrated? They're professionals, highly paid one's at that. They want to win despite Moyes, in my opinion. I think he's lost the dressing room.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I was thinking about this again and I think it might take someone like Giggs - a person on the inside who Fergie respects - to voice some serious concerns.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Would these be the same journos that delivered the news of Fergie's retirement and our decision to appoint Moyes in the first place? It's wishful thinking on our part to think they're assuming, most likely that's what club sources have told them. Very often when a club is about to sack a manager, the media get hold of the unrest beforehand, and so far we've not heard a peep.

From the outside, Fergie's public backing of Moyes and insistence we wouldn't sack a manager without giving him time, Moyes' scouting trips to plan for the summer, the fact he's already got his summer shopping list, and the fact that if we were going to sack him we could easily have done it by now all suggests he's in it for the long term.
look at any of the top journos on twitter majority say the same. Moyes will be given time no matter etc

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Players will always celebrate when they score and look to win the game when they're going through adversity. It's normal behavior and should not be confused with wanting moyes to succeed. They like winning so they celebrate.

Kaos

I was thinking about this again and I think it might take someone like Giggs - a person on the inside who Fergie respects - to voice some serious concerns.
Giggs won't say anything. Being part of Moyes' coaching time I suspect he'll be amongst the last set of players to go rogue and voice their concerns.

He's also 40, he needn't fear for his career anymore unlike the players reaching the prime of their careers.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
If you go on all the FB statements from the Club today you can see that the majority of the thousands of comments are basically 'Moyes Out'. Similarly, social media is awash with angry fans and gloating rivals. That picture of Fergie and Mick Hucknall at 2-1 and 2-2 is trending. The booing at the final whistle was clearly audible on MotD and 5Live.

Surely the Club must be aware of the disquiet by now. Surely they must be as concerned as we are?
:lol: that is nothing new. You should have seen the page after the embarassment at Basel.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
By the look of it, Moyes will be safe unless he bring us down to relegation zone.

Kaos

No, he's referring to the facebook page (I think).
Oh, in which case yes its a ridiculous benchmark.

Though I've notice the more reasonable fansites such as RoM and the Caf have begun to turn on him and call for his head. The match goers seem to be losing their patience too.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I hope he transfers all the trouble makers on free transfers to Accrington Stanley.

Oh and if they sack Moyes, they appoint Ian Holloway so you can all enjoy the football you like down in Championship. Then they can all say what top reds they are. Why would anybody want this job, when the fans turn on the manager so quickly and the players are the same.

Last edited:

Sultan

Do you honestly think they wouldn't have celebrated? They're professionals, highly paid one's at that. They want to win despite Moyes, in my opinion. I think he's lost the dressing room.
Players will always celebrate when they score and look to win the game when they're going through adversity. It's normal behavior and should not be confused with wanting moyes to succeed. They like winning so they celebrate.
I've seen how players react on the pitch when not happy with managers. How have you come to the conclusion Moyes has lost the dressing room?

KiD MoYeS

I've seen how players react on the pitch when not happy with managers. How have you come to the conclusion Moyes has lost the dressing room?
I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest they're happy with the manager anyway.

soapythecat

Given that in his press conference he said that we aren't going to change the way we play, then I guess after many failed crosses into Aresnals box tomorrow night, there will be plenty more ammunition in which to go at him.
Nothing will change though.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Yup, you get the feeling the players don't really believe in what he says. I still remember a game at home where he was begging Danny to come deep and get the ball, which went on for about 10 minutes. Talking in a low voice with his hand near his mouth. Let me tell you, you're losing at home and you want your manager to support you, not talk to you as if he's begging you to play well covering his mouth so that no can really hear its him talking. He's not courageous enough and not charismatic enough for the players. They might have given him a chance in the beginning of the season, but he's lost them now.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
What it needs to get he ball rolling is a pro active member of the CAF to invade the pitch, rip up their season ticket in front of Moyes (you can use a fake one for this) and make a certain derogatory hand gesture towards him.

Failing this there is the '7 months of excuses, ta ra Moyesy' bed sheet banner.

But I think that the best option would be a double decker bus sized Tifo of a Moyes's Man United avenues of attack heat map juxtaposed against a Ferguson's Man United avenues of attack heat map.

Once Fergie and the Glazer's see the disturbing juxtaposition expressed through a spectacular fan display, the bullet will be as good as in Moyes's head.

Sultan

Yup, you get the feeling the players don't really believe in what he says. I still remember a game at home where he was begging Danny to come deep and get the ball, which went on for about 10 minutes. Talking in a low voice with his hand near his mouth. Let me tell you, you're losing at home and you want your manager to support you, not talk to you as if he's begging you to play well covering his mouth so that no can really hear its him talking. He's not courageous enough and not charismatic enough for the players. They might have given him a chance in the beginning of the season, but he's lost them now.
If he was covering his mouth, and speaking in a low voice how would you know what instructions were being given out, and to whom?

Slevs

likes to play with penises
If he was covering his mouth, and speaking in a low voice how would you know what instructions were being given out, and to whom?
He kept shouting Danny Danny when the camera finally zoomed in. He was seen standing on the edge of the box looking clueless and with his hand near his mouth looking at Danny's way.

Sultan

He kept shouting Danny Danny when the camera finally zoomed in. He was seen standing on the edge of the box looking clueless and with his hand near his mouth looking at Danny's way.
That's me convinced!

Thanks

gza the genius

I've just sort've accepted that no matter what he does this season he'll be safe, so there's not much else to do but support him. It's getting rather difficult though.

Loon

:lol:
He'll get the season, have money to spend in the summer, and if it's still rubbish at Christmas I think he'll be let go. Problem is, United may fail to land their top targets in the summer because we've come outside the top four (which is a cert) and that could be a contributing factor to where the team/he is this Christmas.

Even if he cannot land top targets, he must be capable of getting players to immediately improve the team/football or he is not doing his job. Either way, I cannot see him remaining if it is still rubbish at Christmas.

I hope Moyes can still turn it around. I just hope that, if he cannot, the players he will have bought in the summer are capable of getting us back in the top four regardless of who the new manager may be.

Out of the running again next Christmas is pretty much what I think it will take.

Did I say Christmas? Just checking.

KiD MoYeS

If we fail to add quality to the squad, a possibility without Champions League football, do the board once again hand Moyes a free pass next season? I hope not.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
If we fail to add quality to the squad, a possibility without Champions League football, do the board once again hand Moyes a free pass next season? I hope not.
You are being over dramatic here. There is absolutely zero possibility that United will not be able to attract talent that will improve this team in the summer. A perfect example of that has only just occured. The team were no more or less likely to secure CL football next season when Mata signed, and further to that he actually sacrificed the opportunity to play in it this season to sign for us.

Loon

:lol:
Not every quality player will swerve us if we fail to get Champions League. Moyes should still be capable of assembling a side which should be challenging/playing good football next year.

The Gimps aren't going to let him blow millions in the summer and fail to deliver.

KiD MoYeS

You are being over dramatic here. There is absolutely zero possibility that United will not be able to attract talent that will improve this team in the summer. A perfect example of that has only just occured. The team were no more or less likely to secure CL football next season when Mata signed, and further to that he actually sacrificed the opportunity to play in it this season to sign for us.
We've dropped four points since signing Mata. He definitely signed hoping he'd play Champions League next season. Many of us, including myself, hoped he'd be the catalyst to get us there.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
We've dropped four points since signing Mata. He definitely signed hoping he'd play Champions League next season. Many of us, including myself, hoped he'd be the catalyst to get us there.
Do you believe he still would have signed for us if he knew for certain that we not get there? I think he would.