What will it take to sack moyes?

MDFC Manager

Not like there's many managers available. Most importantly he'd actually change our set-up, that's all i want to see. He's not a long term solution but our next manager definitely a strong philosophy
Assuming we made a mistake with Moyes, the way to rectify that mistake would be to hire a better manager and not make another mistake worse than the previous one. I wouldn't go anywhere near Laudrup and at worst, wait till the summer to get someone suitable in.

Rednails

If you go on all the FB statements from the Club today you can see that the majority of the thousands of comments are basically 'Moyes Out'. Similarly, social media is awash with angry fans and gloating rivals. That picture of Fergie and Mick Hucknall at 2-1 and 2-2 is trending. The booing at the final whistle was clearly audible on MotD and 5Live.

Surely the Club must be aware of the disquiet by now. Surely they must be as concerned as we are?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I actually think the Glazers will just sack him if they've concerned by the results, regardless of what Fergie thinks.

Won't happen mid-season though.

Rednails

I actually think the Glazers will just sack him if they've concerned by the results, regardless of what Fergie thinks.

Won't happen mid-season though.
Well it should because otherwise we will be in the same position as last summer. We can't waste more time for a new man to assess and try to buy new players in the transfer window. We should advertise the job now, sack Moyes and get Fergie and Phelan to caretaker till the end of the season. Meanwhile the new man will have time to assess and plan even if he can't start straight away.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Well it should because otherwise we will be in the same position as last summer. We can't waste more time for a new man to assess and try to buy new players in the transfer window. We should advertise the job now, sack Moyes and get Fergie and Phelan to caretaker till the end of the season. Meanwhile the new man will have time to assess and plan even if he can't start straight away.
Not saying I disagree or agree with you, but I think what I'm saying is accurate. We won't sack him mid-season.

Rednails

I agree with you. Also expecting Fergie to come back as caretaker is just daydreaming.
I know, but his face at full time said it all. He looked apoplectic, not only at the result but probably because his reputation is being tarnished by the 'chosen one'.

Varun

Staff
I agree with you. Also expecting Fergie to come back as caretaker is just daydreaming.
He should not come back at any cost. Regardless of how bad we do in the remaining games, Moyes had to live in his shadow. If we have a new manager now, he has a chance to start afresh. We cant feck it up again by getting SAF short term.

CapeTownRed

Don't suppose a thrashing against Arsenal tomorrow would make this happen? Does it make me bad fan for semi-hoping this happens? Short term suffering for long-term reward and all that...

LonelyFire

A proper thrashing from either City or Pool at OT could be the last straw.

Fan reaction would be strong

Rednotdead

But is anyone seriously thinking we won't be beaten by City or Liverpool? Wouldn't it be more of a surprise if we actually won one of those games?

Depends what you mean by "a proper thrashing"?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

If I see that Sturridge dance and Suarez walking off with that big stupid grin after stuffing us I'm gonna lose it.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
We have no confidence going to Fulham, Sunderland, Everton, Newcastle, and lately we resigned to "not getting butchered by Arsenal", have we sunk this low before? We accepted being underdogs before, but on the day we have a confidence that we can show up and we can win it with some luck.

These days, we are expecting a lost if we are to go against Barca, Madrid, Arsenal, Chelsea, City, and lord help us Everton, Liverpool, and the rest of the half decent team out there.

Is this how low we have become? Accepting that a 2-0 loss is a good result against Arsenal? Even with close to full team squad available?

mattsville

It will take supporter protest either by being vocal at the games about the extremely poor performances and results or more tellingly, not turning up at all, either scenario would force the board \ owners to make a public statement.

togg

It will take supporter protest either by being vocal at the games about the extremely poor performances and results or more tellingly, not turning up at all, either scenario would force the board \ owners to make a public statement.
This...at the end of the day, matchday support is the last and most effective barometer of how everyone is feeling. Losing the home crowd, whether vocally or even more serious attendence wise scares the crap out of owners and shareholders....no doubt.

smallred

if people stopped acting the fool by constantly singing his name and clapping him off the pitch, it may change things a bit. right now, the stadium is ful and the supporters by in large at the match, are still behind him.

maybe, just maybe if the players are so against him as it not looks really clear, then the complete support of Moyes if actually making things worse as they are getting disheartened at how quickly people are turning on them, in favour of a man who they believe should not get their respect.

francobaresi

if people stopped acting the fool by constantly singing his name and clapping him off the pitch, it may change things a bit. right now, the stadium is ful and the supporters by in large at the match, are still behind him.

maybe, just maybe if the players are so against him as it not looks really clear, then the complete support of Moyes if actually making things worse as they are getting disheartened at how quickly people are turning on them, in favour of a man who they believe should not get their respect.
huh? :confused:

Anderson18

I think it's a shame. I mean this squad needs a major overhaul but we simply can't sell anyone that is against Moyes. Sometimes it simply isn't a fit, even though the manager is quite good (AvB at Chelsea, Benitez at Inter)

So what if Moyes spends all our money on average players in their peak years? The next manager would have by far the toughest job in the world. Being supportive is a good thing but what we are doing right now is simply blind faith, that stability will bring success.

togg

I think it's a shame. I mean this squad needs a major overhaul but we simply can't sell anyone that is against Moyes. Sometimes it simply isn't a fit, even though the manager is quite good (AvB at Chelsea, Benitez at Inter)

So what if Moyes spends all our money on average players in their peak years? The next manager would have by far the toughest job in the world. Being supportive is a good thing but what we are doing right now is simply blind faith, that stability will bring success.
well..we don't know what his plans are or the players he will go for. But he bought Mata who is not in his peak years, so I'm presuming he won't be buying a whole load of 28 to 31 yr olds..

Rednails

I agree that the clapping off of Moyes should stop now. He takes comfort in all the support he is getting and maybe he thinks we are condoning what he is doing. Most people don't and it's about time he realized this. We've made our point that we are a classy club, now we need to demonstrate that we are not sheep and we are concerned. Oh and someone take that stupid banner own.

smallred

I agree that the clapping off of Moyes should stop now. He takes comfort in all the support he is getting and maybe he thinks we are condoning what he is doing. Most people don't and it's about time he realized this. We've made our point that we are a classy club, now we need to demonstrate that we are not sheep and we are concerned. Oh and someone take that stupid banner own.
the day he came out and said "if we change things, its a sign that we were getting it wrong" thus not changing things, was the day i finally lost faith in him.

lets put it this way,a few players playing bad is acceptable, but its an entire squad. apart from Rooney, who has played well this year?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
If we perform as bad and get knocked out against Olympiakos (sp?), I think that could be the final straw. Our performances in Europe might be holding it together for him. If that happened, we'd have nothing to play for realistically.

That is the only way he will get sacked, bar a huge amount of player concerns to the board.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Player concerns will begin before long.

I'd be shocked if they haven't already actually.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Player concerns will begin before long.

I'd be shocked if they haven't already actually.
I suspect quite a few would probably would have called Fergie. He would have told them to feck off. Then they would have told their agent who might have gone to Woodward.

Revan

Assumptionman

Exactly! I don't think that the support is helping anybody and if the players are against Moyes then it is actually making things wrong.

I also think that the chosen one banner should get removed until Moyes proves that he is Luke, not Anakin Skywalker. Maybe it is time to tell the tale as it is.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Exactly! I don't think that the support is helping anybody and if the players are against Moyes then it is actually making things wrong.

I also think that the chosen one banner should get removed until Moyes proves that he is Luke, not Anakin Skywalker. Maybe it is time to tell the tale as it is.
That won't happen Revan. I still think many fans will still cling onto the excuse that the players are to blame and the squad needs rebuilding. This is all driven by loyalty to Ferguson, to stick by his words in the Summer and back Dave.

Siorac

He's more like Jar Jar Binks, to be honest.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Why do the majority of journos and pundits stubbornly assume that Moyes will definitely be given time? Just because of the circumstance os his hiring and the fact Fergie made the choice and the fact the club favour stability doesnt mean the club will stand back and accept such capitulation. I think United are just as subject to the demands of the modern game just like any other club

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why do the majority of journos and pundits stubbornly assume that Moyes will definitely be given time? Just because of the circumstance os his hiring and the fact Fergie made the choice and the fact the club favour stability doesnt mean the club will stand back and accept such capitulation. I think United are just as subject to the demands of the modern game just like any other club
Probably because Fergie has his back and has said the club are absolutely behind him.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Probably because Fergie has his back and has said the club are absolutely behind him.
Pride before the fall then? That is not good policy is it? Does that mean the club is leaving its fortunes on the hope that either Moyes turns things round quickly or even slightly less likely that SAF swallows his pride and admits he was wrong?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I suspect quite a few would probably would have called Fergie. He would have told them to feck off. Then they would have told their agent who might have gone to Woodward.
Not sure if you're serious but if you are, have a word with yourself.

He's a director now and still a human being. If the players still want to come to him to confide in him then they have every right to as he is officially a superior of Moyes. It wouldn't be "going behind Moyes back" or "unprofessional", quite the opposite. They are professionals who have genuine worries about their careers.

What Fergie will do is do everything he can to reduce those fears and I'm sure he will still feel that whatever Moyes' plans for the summer are will help to ease those fears that any player has. It's whether we can follow through with his plans that is the issue.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Pride before the fall then? That is not good policy is it? Does that mean the club is leaving its fortunes on the hope that either Moyes turns things round quickly or even slightly less likely that SAF swallows his pride and admits he was wrong?
They don't see it as you've described. They see it as far more disruptive to constantly change managers every year than allow one manager a longer time horizon to develop the squad he wants and press on towards pursuing major trophies. This has been a long term project from day one when Fergie addressed the crowd at OT.

Member 60376

Old timers - can you draw parallels of the current situation to the time after Busby went, things failed, he came back again etc?

Basically I want to know what was the fan sentiment then - keep the new manager because we need long term stability like Busby? Or a realization that we got the wrong man and cut losses? Of course it won't be exactly the same situation because a) Busby did not end as champions b) we didn't pride ourselves so much on the United way aka 26 years syndrome back then - nowadays it's almost as bad as Barca's more than a club ideology

Gannicus

We have four away matches before Moyes returns to OT on a March 16 v Liverpool. If we get butchered in those four matches, a prospect which can't be ruled out of the question, March 16 is going to be a horrible, horrible day for Moyes and Fergie. I could see the banner being taken down in mid game.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
We have four away matches before Moyes returns to OT on a March 16 v Liverpool. If we get butchered in those four matches, a prospect which can't be ruled out of the question, March 16 is going to be a horrible, horrible day for Moyes and Fergie. I could see the banner being taken down in mid game.
Hope the chosen one does get taken down. It's starting to come across as a parody.

Dominos

Would these be the same journos that delivered the news of Fergie's retirement and our decision to appoint Moyes in the first place? It's wishful thinking on our part to think they're assuming, most likely that's what club sources have told them. Very often when a club is about to sack a manager, the media get hold of the unrest beforehand, and so far we've not heard a peep.

From the outside, Fergie's public backing of Moyes and insistence we wouldn't sack a manager without giving him time, Moyes' scouting trips to plan for the summer, the fact he's already got his summer shopping list, and the fact that if we were going to sack him we could easily have done it by now all suggests he's in it for the long term.

Gannicus

Hope the chosen one does get taken down. It's starting to come across as a parody.
It would be humiliating but I can actually see that happening.

Thinking this through for a moment I wonder whether Moyes been better off if Fergie had brought him as an assistant manager for a few seasons to show him how it's done before giving him the reins at OT. In his defense, it's a very difficult job that only a few managers on the planet would be capable of doing well. Moyes, I'm afraid to report, was simply not one of them. Mourinho, Pep, Guus, Mario...that's about it.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Mainly I think it will take the end of the season before Moyes is sacked, if he is sacked. The problem being that right now who is available and are they the solution? I suppose we could appoint Giggs caretaker manager or something like that, but the reality is that if Moyes is going to be replaced then any hope of finding the manager who is the answer for us lies in the post season.

Now behind the scenes could management already be looking at potential replacements, sure they could and we may or may never know if they are.