What will it take to sack moyes?

OneUnited24

I am beginning to believe that the only way Moyes can get sacked is if he got in front of a camera and insulted the Glazer family one by one.

If today's performance(along with all the other shit from this season) does not get him sacked, then nothing will.

There is a good chance he fulfills the contract. 6 seasons of hell.
He survived the drummings by Liverpool and City home and away, along with West Brom, Everton, Newcastle which for me were worse. Nothing changes

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
I am beginning to believe that the only way Moyes can get sacked is if he got in front of a camera and insulted the Glazer family one by one.

If today's performance(along with all the other shit from this season) does not get him sacked, then nothing will.

There is a good chance he fulfills the contract. 6 seasons of hell.

No chance! He will definitely get sacked when we get relegated. At this rate, table position-wise, that will be the season after next.

Moriarty

I don't think he has any chance of lasting for 6 years but can see him being here another year maybe even two at a push. I don't think there is any chance he will be sacked this season, aside from SAF there is no-one at the club with enough football knowledge to offer an alternative view on moyes or guide the owners on who should replace him and that is the only reason he is still here, don't think the club knows what else to do.
What a bloody depressing thought that is. I'm not knocking Fergie but you'd think a club the size of Manchester United would have access to the best football minds in the game besides Sir Alex. We have plenty who know how to run a business but apart from Fergie and Charlton, and for me the latter remains mired in the past, we've got Moyes, Round, Lumsden, and Phil Neville.

coolredwine

lameredboots
I don't mind the losses as much, but the fact that he fails to learn from them and then beats up the same tune is getting on my tits.

"We will try", "We will try in the next match", "We will try again". It's got cumbersome. Argh!

Deleted member 78215

Have you ever heard of a job whereby it's harder to lose the job, than it is to keep it?

The day Fergie retired I think there was some strange, unobserved wormhole opening, and we entered into a parallel Universe where the laws of common sense no longer apply to MUFC.

bobbyf

I don't think he has any chance of lasting for 6 years but can see him being here another year maybe even two at a push. I don't think there is any chance he will be sacked this season, aside from SAF there is no-one at the club with enough football knowledge to offer an alternative view on moyes or guide the owners on who should replace him and that is the only reason he is still here, don't think the club knows what else to do.
Another year or two? How? He cannot even finish ahead of Everton with the champions. They have beaten us home and away. And the players showed today (and in games beforehand) they have absolutely no faith in him. He cannot inspire them to win this game for him, and not even play well. It's easy, sack him in the morning. Get Giggs as caretaker for the last 3 games since we have nothing to play for.

CantonaGiggs1

Have you ever heard of a job whereby it's harder to lose the job, than it is to keep it?

The day Fergie retired I think there was some strange, unobserved wormhole opening, and we entered into a parallel Universe where the laws of common sense no longer apply to MUFC.

Like a Twilight zone.

Moriarty

think SAF has washed his hands...he is off to Harvard is he not?

If teh stories are true that the Europa Cup is the minimum expextation then he is gone. I doubt we will wait to Dec. Either he has next season or he is gone this summer.

tbh I would prefer one of the ex players to be the next manager if we cannot get atop manager... I hate Van Gaal. Perhaps Ole or Keane or a Ole G Neville joint managership.
I wouldn't want Gary Neville anywhere near the manager's chair, or any other others for that matter. Ole is on a hiding to nothing at Cardiff and one day he'll perhaps be good enough to manage at the top, but the way football is today, the club cannot wait. The sponsors upon whom we rely so much will start having second thoughts before long and maybe some will jump ship. The debt looms large still and we've lost out on CL revenue. We need a new broom; someone dynamic and progressive who will re-instill confidence and belief in the team because under Moyes and his mates, that seems to be lacking. The players we have are, bar a couple, top quality proven internationals with a shedload of medals from all competitions. We don't need a major overhaul. We don't need Everton's cast-offs and we don't need third-rate coaches.

Empire

If they are going to sack him they will wait until the morning to announce it, the new york stock exchange is still open and I doubt they want to announce it now.

That said, we don't have anybody to take over since he would probably be sacked along with the team he brought in. They should just let us play without a manager until the end of the season, see if it will be an improvement.

If they sack him, I think it will be at the end of the season. Should they have Louis van Gaal lined up then they need to announce it on the final day so we can share news time with Liverpool. :lol:

Ryan Giggs should also announce his retirement.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I wouldn't want Gary Neville anywhere near the manager's chair, or any other others for that matter. Ole is on a hiding to nothing at Cardiff and one day he'll perhaps be good enough to manage at the top, but the way football is today, the club cannot wait. The sponsors upon whom we rely so much will start having second thoughts before long and maybe some will jump ship. The debt looms large still and we've lost out on CL revenue. We need a new broom; someone dynamic and progressive who will re-instill confidence and belief in the team because under Moyes and his mates, that seems to be lacking. The players we have are, bar a couple, top quality proven internationals with a shedload of medals from all competitions. We don't need a major overhaul. We don't need Everton's cast-offs and we don't need third-rate coaches.
good points mate. The trouble is we don't have anyone of quality to take over....unless Jose gets the boot. Van Gaal?...cant stand the man. Someone mentioned de Boer. I agree 100% that football is no longer the way it was...the sponsors will demand success. If we do not qualify for the Europa cup..I think Moyes is done though.

Moriarty

good points mate. The trouble is we don't have anyone of quality to take over....unless Jose gets the boot. Van Gaal?...cant stand the man. Someone mentioned de Boer. I agree 100% that football is no longer the way it was...the sponsors will demand success. If we do not qualify for the Europa cup..I think Moyes is done though.
There are a number of managers out there, currently under contract with other clubs, that never got the chance to apply for the United job because it never went out to tender. What do you suppose would happen if we gave Moyes the tin tack at the end of the season and then invited applications? There would be a flood of CVs from all over Europe landing on the Glazers' mat. Contracts can be terminated and compensation paid: it happens in the world of business and industry all the time. But there is a drawback to this; who will advise the Glazers as to the best candidate?

Red Dreams

There are a number of managers out there, currently under contract with other clubs, that never got the chance to apply for the United job because it never went out to tender. What do you suppose would happen if we gave Moyes the tin tack at the end of the season and then invited applications? There would be a flood of CVs from all over Europe landing on the Glazers' mat. Contracts can be terminated and compensation paid: it happens in the world of business and industry all the time. But there is a drawback to this; who will advise the Glazers as to the best candidate?
fair point. But for the biggest clubs in the world...like us and Bayern...we only have a limited amount of managers who are worthy to even apply. If I were the Glazers I would still use SAF and a number of top football consultants...and there must be several around...who can advise. The problem was the Glazers just abdicated the last appointment decision to SAF and Charlton. I was shocked when Maurinho was not appointed tbh.

Empire

It's in his contract. He'll make a decision shortly with his two advisors.

Moriarty

fair point. But for the biggest clubs in the world...like us and Bayern...we only have a limited amount of managers who are worthy to even apply. If I were the Glazers I would still use SAF and a number of top football consultants...and there must be several around...who can advise. The problem was the Glazers just abdicated the last appointment decision to SAF and Charlton. I was shocked when Maurinho was not appointed tbh.
Indeed, and one of them wouldn't be that scruffy looking fecking garden gnome named Woodward. Gill was the man who drew up the criteria for the new manager last time and they tossed that out. Fergie might just wash his hands of the whole thing if they sack Moyes though.

Empire

With the size of the club and the financial power we have lots of managers would love the chance to take over here.

Especially now that they are replacing a disaster and not a man who has a stand named after him.
To be fair I think David Moyes has done enough to get the away stand named after him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
With the size of the club and the financial power we have lots of managers would love the chance to take over here.

Especially now that they are replacing a disaster and not a man who has a stand named after him.
Exactly. Forget who said this, but nobody (understandably) wanted to take over after Fergie as there is no way anyone could possibly do as well or better Fergie. The day Moyes gets sacked, everybody is going to want to come because there's no way anybody could do worse then Moyes. A huge club like United, great history, loads of money, huge stadium, great resources and facilities, and plenty of world class players at the club, along with being guaranteed to get time and knowing that simply getting into the top 4 and playing good football alone would be an improvement over the current shite. It's a win-win situation for any manager, so they'd love to take over after Moyes

Red Dreams

Indeed, and one of them wouldn't be that scruffy looking fecking garden gnome named Woodward. Gill was the man who drew up the criteria for the new manager last time and they tossed that out. Fergie might just wash his hands of the whole thing if they sack Moyes though.
.I really miss Gill. I think Fergie has already moved on tbh. Pity that the last thing he did is in danger of undoing everything he achieved. But as you say...money is the controlling decision maker....the irony....cause I think that is what took our club away from us supporters.....but it may save what now goes for Manchester United.

Moriarty

.I really miss Gill. I think Fergie has already moved on tbh. Pity that the last thing he did is in danger of undoing everything he achieved. But as you say...money is the controlling decision maker....the irony....cause I think that is what took our club away from us supporters.....but it may save what now goes for Manchester United.
That's pretty much how I see it too.

kps88

There's a good chance we will drop points against Norwich and Sunderland and I think that might be the final straw for the OT crowd.

Roboc7

Another year or two? How? He cannot even finish ahead of Everton with the champions. They have beaten us home and away. And the players showed today (and in games beforehand) they have absolutely no faith in him. He cannot inspire them to win this game for him, and not even play well. It's easy, sack him in the morning. Get Giggs as caretaker for the last 3 games since we have nothing to play for.
I agree the is no logic based on what he has done in the job, he picked a team today where the majority of players will be here next season and not one of them looked like they knew what they were doing or wanted to play for him. That was a game that if the players had any loyalty or faith in him they should have shown it, He was going back to his old club and getting abuse but there was no reaction from the team. I think the board have no idea what to do and if there is slights improvement they will keep him on, if he finishes in top four next season I think he would keep his job as well.

RustyS

I've been edging closer and closer to the "Moyes Out" camp having been skeptical about him from day one. With the shit results, deluded pressers, transfer fiasco, mind boggling subs and tactics, and crap football, I kept saying that maybe he needs a little time. Even when I decided that he is not the right man for the job, I kept saying that we should not sack him before the summer anyway. Today did it for me though. It is the straw that broke the camel's back.

Sack Moyes and make a statement by appointing a proven winner instead of an intern who has never managed a club of this size or this kind of expectation. We need to act like the club we are in terms of size and revenue and stop fannying around.

I don't want a manager who has the fecking nerve to come out after a performance like today's or Stoke's and say we played well. For God's sake, remove this uninspiring, clueless, and mediocre manager. I'm sure he can go do an excellent job at West Ham or Sunderland (no disrespect intended).

As long as he's here, we're resigned to mediocrity. Looking at our record in 2014 is horrifying. Looking at our record against the top 10 is shocking. He bought a player that he doesn't even know how to use and another that he is not sure if he wants to use.

Sack him now and let him take his Everton gang with him. Put Giggsy in charge for the last three games. Start sounding out top managers and be aggressive about it. No manager is impossible to get if we are aggressive enough. We need to learn a bit from clubs like Madrid, Barca, and Munich instead of doing things the way they were done in 1980.

This season could actually be a positive thing if the right lessons are learned. We need to change the way we operate in many ways. Lessons can be learned from what has happened and the ineptness by which SAF's retirement has been handled by the club.

bobbyf

I agree the is no logic based on what he has done in the job, he picked a team today where the majority of players will be here next season and not one of them looked like they knew what they were doing or wanted to play for him. That was a game that if the players had any loyalty or faith in him they should have shown it, He was going back to his old club and getting abuse but there was no reaction from the team. I think the board have no idea what to do and if there is slights improvement they will keep him on, if he finishes in top four next season I think he would keep his job as well.
But as I said before, the Glazers have a history of sacking bad managers when the season is over, and for those very reasons. They are not as ignorant, out of touch or naive as some people may think. Moyes is just making it harder for them to change their normal routine by doing it before.

Robbie Boy

We'll beat Norwich comfortably and all will be well. Rooney will score 2, and get an assist and Moyes will tell us all how brilliant we are and how we are looking forward to fighting it out for top 4 next season.
Aye. I fear after we inevitably beat Norwich, some will try put some bizarre positive spin on things.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
But as I said before, the Glazers have a history of sacking bad managers when the season is over, and for those very reasons. They are not as ignorant, out of touch or naive as some people may think. Moyes is just making it harder for them to change their normal routine by doing it before.
The Glazers lackey they chose to run the team most probably, rather than them themselves making the calls for the Buc's? I've no idea who Tampa Bays General Manager is though..

Roboc7

No they aren't stupid they are about making money and moyes is hindering that. But who guides them on who to appoint as a replacement? They asked SAF and look how that turned out, do they ask him again? I just think there is no one to help them at the club and that will keep moyes in his job.

Kaos

No they aren't stupid they are about making money and moyes is hindering that. But who guides them on who to appoint as a replacement? They asked SAF and look how that turned out, do they ask him again? I just think there is no one to help them at the club and that will keep moyes in his job.
Woodward is a big Klopp fan. That'll be a good lead even if its an unlikely appointment. Van Gaal is looking for a job in the PL, if they look at this CV and have interviewed him they'll probably like what they hear too.

They're not football men but its not like we're trying to get a family of seals to understand Chinese literature.

bobbyf

I don't think they would ask him again after this season's fiasco, it's hard to say. And he's off to Harvard, isn't he? But saying they will keep a totally inept manager in the job cos they don't know who to appoint is just ridiculous. Plus they are already rumoured to have approached Van Gaal.