What would be an acceptable offer for Pogba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff_goldblum

Until this, I thought you were just young or clueless (or both) but now I see you're just wumming... the Cafs clickbait poster.

(PS. As ONE EXAMPLE, Keane did pretty well against a midfield of Davids and Zidane in the 99 semi? Unless you think they were rubbish too?)
Every time I scroll a thread at the moment and come across a daft, ignorant or high-and-mighty post it's always the same guy. I was shocked when I realised he was a full member.

LoveFootball

Ignorance is nothing to be proud of.
Not that there’s much truth in what you’ve said, he was well respected across Europe and Italian teams were all over him trying to get him.
Roy Keane was a world class playmaker and a pass and move player, world class, that’s undeniable.
Even SAF doesn't consider him like a world class player but a random guy from internet can say it with a lot of arrogance.

Negan

Pogba is worth £200m.

1. We don’t need to sell so we could even push for £250m+

and 2. If Coutinho is worth £160m...

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Money is worthless without a viable replacement. Taking in 200mill means Woodie will have to bid 400mill for someone like James Milner....

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
There are a quote where he named the 4 players who played for him that he considers world class, don't remember seeing the name of Roy Keane.
He's also since taken it back. It was a silly thing to say anyway. Considering he had the two best CBs in the world as well, I think it's obvious we had more world class players than that.

Siorac

Anyone who seriously compares Roy Keane to Milner and Henderson should instantly be banned from this forum or at the very least given an appropriate tagline.
Seriously. I was about to respond to one of his earlier, somewhat more reasonable posts but this one was absolutely shocking. I bet even Liverpool fans are a bit embarassed, reading that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Anyone who seriously compares Roy Keane to Milner and Henderson should instantly be banned from this forum or at the very least given an appropriate tagline.
We're seeing really strange promotions these days. It feels like every few days we have a new poster with whom it's a wonder how.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
No he was superb in that one game. Nobody can deny it, I'm talking about the ensemble of his career.

And I'm not comparing Keane with Milner or Henderson, he was a far better player then the two, I'm only pointing the type of player he was.
He wasn't though. Just because he was aggressive and had a high workrate doesn't make him that type of player. When we had the ball he was much closer to a Scholes or Xavi than he is to Milner or Henderson. Wasn't quite as good a passer as them of course, but he was closer to them than he was to the other two. More importantly he was the one who mostly controlled the team around and set the tempo that we played it, much like Scholes or Xavi would do.

As I suspected, you've bought into the myth that Keane was just a better version of those work-horses. It's like people struggle to imagine that a playmaker and controller could also have the workload and aggression, so he could only be the latter.

Siorac

He's also since taken it back. It was a silly thing to say anyway. Considering he had the two best CBs in the world as well, I think it's obvious we had more world class players than that.
Also, I'd support a complete ban on the phrase "world class".

LoveFootball

I know he could play, he was a good player, but not the uber mega midfielder that people portrait him to be.
Surprised there is another person not afraid to tell the truth. If you don't share the consensus view that Keane was not extraordinary, you got labeled any kind of names on here.
Same with the other many overrated British/English players. You will see no one denying that the like of Schools, Giggs, Gerard, Gascogne, Rio, Rooney, Cole... were great players, but when you dare question someone like Alli's talent then you're immediately a wum, got labeled different names.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Jesus, is that really happening? Surely not. That is mind-boggling levels of actual retardation.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Because Viera had to do more for his team than shielding the defence? Viera needed another player next to him because, like Pogba, he had more to offer going forward and his talent couldn't allow him to only sit back and protect the back 4.

Keane is the typical British midfielder, less talented but a lot of aggressiveness and energy to run around like a mad dog. Those type of players look great under a well oiled team where their lack of skills are covered by other creative players (see Milner at Liverpool) , but would struggle under a different set up where their flaws would get exposed (Henderson when Liverpool struggle).

When they faced, Keane looked good because his game (most of the time our games against Wenger Arsenal) consisted on kicking the shite out of them, a physical game to compensate from the difference of talent between the two teams. Keane was more physical than Viera, reason why he was more effective in those games.
:lol: think I've seen it all on here now.

RedCurry

It's funny that Liverpool apparently has prime Vidic, prime Keane(two of them) now. Not a medal in the whole squad to show for it. Sorry mods for derailing the thread but it's infuriating to hear baseless nonsense like that about our legends.

Gasolin

He can watch, just not post.

Robson = Keane and both > Vieira who was > Pogba (to date).

It's a generational thing. People see a midfielder striding forward and think "oooh he's good!!" with no understanding of what a complete midfielder is.

Watching Robson was to see a leader, at times almost a one man team. Watching Keane was again to see a leader (different style though) and the heartbeat of United, dictating games.

Watching Pogba is to see a decent attacking midfielder with excellent technique/passing but needs other midfielders to make his game work.
Not saying Pogba has reached world class level necessarily but Pogba is a world cup winner and a leader, look how he talked to the France team vs Argentina, in the final... he is definitely a leader.

I don't know for Robson but Keane was fantastic more for his drive, however technically, Pogba is far superior. Tactically, Pogba may need to manage better some part of the game, but he learned a lot of things at Juventus. I wouldn't put Pogba behind Keane right now.

youmeletsfly

Surprised there is another person not afraid to tell the truth. If you don't share the consensus view that Keane was not extraordinary, you got labeled any kind of names on here.
Same with the other many overrated British/English players. You will see no one denying that the like of Schools, Giggs, Gerard, Gascogne, Rio, Rooney, Cole... were great players, but when you dare question someone like Alli's talent then you're immediately a wum, got labeled different names.
I know, but to be honest I don't really care how they name me. it's all about agreeing that everyone has an opinion.

I actually called Alli's ability a few times and it wasn't a good reaction. It wasn't a good reaction when I've said that Kane missed a couple sitters yesterday that a 250mil striker should score in a big game and their replies were that "No man he was class yesterday, he'll get them on another day, he was still a threat". People couldn't really honestly discuss the fact that he missed a couple sitters without praising his qualities of a player and changing the topic, and that's a bit sad.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
There are a quote where he named the 4 players who played for him that he considers world class, don't remember seeing the name of Roy Keane.
Yes and did you read the lengthy explanation I posted as I have the book and added the extra details that lots of people either ignore or are not aware of?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
You are insane then.
Why is it insane? Messi is 31, Pogba is 25.

Obviously Pogba will never be anywhere close to what Messi is as a player but you're talking 2, maybe 3 more years of peak (and he's arguably not even at his peak anymore) Messi vs 8 or 9 years peak of a world-class midfielder who even in his prime yet.

(Saying that, I'd swap him!)

LoveFootball

He wasn't though. Just because he was aggressive and had a high workrate doesn't make him that type of player. When we had the ball he was much closer to a Scholes or Xavi than he is to Milner or Henderson. Wasn't quite as good a passer as them of course, but he was closer to them than he was to the other two. More importantly he was the one who mostly controlled the team around and set the tempo that we played it, much like Scholes or Xavi would do.

As I suspected, you've bought into the myth that Keane was just a better version of those work-horses. It's like people struggle to imagine that a playmaker and controller could also have the workload and aggression, so he could only be the latter.
No I'm not buying in that myth, that's exactly what he was, a better version of Henderson practically. On the ball he wasn't as skillful and effective as a Xavi or a Scholes; his passing was not that special but he head a good eye for spoting his teammates movements and could find good passes between the lines (Henderson also do this a lot but not at the same level); what gave him an edge over other players is his energy and physicality.

Djemba-Djemba

No I'm not buying in that myth, that's exactly what he was, a better version of Henderson practically. On the ball he wasn't as skillful and effective as a Xavi or a Scholes; his passing was not that special but he head a good eye for spoting his teammates movements and could find good passes between the lines (Henderson also do this a lot but not at the same level); what gave him an edge over other players is his energy and physicality.
Absolute nonsense.

Be honest now, you never saw Roy Keane play did you?

RedCurry

Of course I would. Messi is the best player ever to play football in my eyes. I'd swap our entire team for him.
:lol:

Fair enough. It's hard to say how many more years he's got in his tank. But if you think about it, Ronaldo went for around £100 million due to his age and wage demands. Messi might be better(please don't start another debate) but he's not twice as good. I reckon his transfer value has to be around, say £150million. Both Pogba and Kane are valued higher than that in today's market.

LoveFootball

I know, but to be honest I don't really care how they name me. it's all about agreeing that everyone has an opinion.

I actually called Alli's ability a few times and it wasn't a good reaction. It wasn't a good reaction when I've said that Kane missed a couple sitters yesterday that a 250mil striker should score in a big game and their replies were that "No man he was class yesterday, he'll get them on another day, he was still a threat". People couldn't really honestly discuss the fact that he missed a couple sitters without praising his qualities of a player and changing the topic, and that's a bit sad.
Wanted to point this out yesterday but was afraid of the reaction from Spurs fans on here. Yesterday I was astonished at the number of sitters Kane and Alli missed, put any word class player in that situation and we lose that game by a 3 goals margin.

But we're derailing this thread so let keep it about Pogba.

Red_Beans

Because Viera had to do more for his team than shielding the defence? Viera needed another player next to him because, like Pogba, he had more to offer going forward and his talent couldn't allow him to only sit back and protect the back 4.

Keane is the typical British midfielder, less talented but a lot of aggressiveness and energy to run around like a mad dog. Those type of players look great under a well oiled team where their lack of skills are covered by other creative players (see Milner at Liverpool) , but would struggle under a different set up where their flaws would get exposed (Henderson when Liverpool struggle).

When they faced, Keane looked good because his game (most of the time our games against Wenger Arsenal) consisted on kicking the shite out of them, a physical game to compensate from the difference of talent between the two teams. Keane was more physical than Viera, reason why he was more effective in those games.
Do yourself a favour and just stop now. It's getting embarrassing

Status
Not open for further replies.